Author's Chapter Notes:
And as always, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.
Escape With a Broken Heart

“Spike! Spike. Oh my god Spike, you have to wake up!!”

“Sorry princess, he’s out cold, he’s not going to be the one saving you this time. In fact, no one will,” they said, laughing at her.

“Spike!! SPIKE!! Come on! Please wake up! SPIKE!!”

“Ahh, I’m just gonna go,” Snyder said, his hands still full of chocolate bars, attempting to get away.

“Oh no you don’t,” one of them pushed Snyder back towards Buffy.

“What are you?” Buffy asked, and when she did they just laughed.

“You guys are gonna hurt us, aren’t you?” Snyder asked. This made them laugh even harder.

“Something like that,” they answered. They were vampires, but of course neither Buffy, Snyder, or Spike knew that.

“Stay back, or, or I’ll,” Buffy struggled to find some way to scare them off.

“Or you’ll what?” one of them asked.

“Or I’ll…hurt you,” she said, afterwards realizing how lame she sounded, as they laughed at her once again.

“You’re going to hurt us? What are you, the Slayer?”

“What’s a Slayer?” Buffy wondered aloud, just as Spike was starting to come to.

“Spike! Spike, are you ok?” Buffy asked, helping him up.

“Yeah, I’m fine…. I think,” he said, holding his head.

“Great, the more the merrier.”

“Bloody hell!”

“I see your bloody hell and I raise you a holy shit,” Buffy said to Spike, who was still staring at the vampires.

“Ah, guys, what are we gonna do?” Snyder asked them.

“Well, I don’t know what you’re going to do, but I know what we’re going to do,” taunted one of the vampires.

“I really should be going, it’s almost past my curfew, and my mom will be worried,” Snyder told them, hoping they would let him leave.

“Did you hear that boys? His mommy will be worried.”

“Hey! Stop laughing at me!” Snyder yelled, but they continued to laugh as Buffy and Spike tried to get away.

“And where do you think your going?” one of them asked.

“Oh, well, you know it is getting late and my mom will be worried too, so, Spike can you please drive me home?” Buffy asked casually.

“No problem luv.” They started to walk towards Buffy’s mom’s car, but of course the vampires jumped in front of them, blocking it.

“Excuse me, mates,” Spike said.

“Ya, get out of the way,” Snyder told them.

“Nobody is going anyw-“ The vampire didn’t even get to finish him sentence, when him and his buddies nearly got trampled by a mob of grownups heading for the candy that was still being handed out. Buffy and Spike saw this as their opportunity to get to Buffy’s car. Snyder followed after them jumping in the back seat, his arms still full of chocolate bars.

“Are they following us?” Buffy asked from the passenger side, after they had gotten out of the ally.

“No, pet, I think we lost em.”

“Awww, I like it better when Buffy drives,” Snyder pouted from the back seat.

“Well, when Buffy drives she puts a major dent in her mother’s brand new car, which later is going to cost her major groundage,” Buffy said sounding not to fond of the idea of being grounded…again. After that, there was a very long awkward silence, until Snyder spoke up…again.

“Hey, are you guys sure you don’t want one?” he offered. When no one answered he just continued to eat them while swinging his legs and humming the tune to ‘Walk Like an Egyption’.

“Guess I should take the principal home now, eh?” Spike asked.

“Yes, please,” Buffy told him.

“Hey! Not fair! I wanna stay, hang out with you guys,’ Snyder whined.

“Would you shut-the-bloody-hell-up already, god, I never though I’d miss the old Snyder.”

“Hey! You can’t talk to me like that! I’m the principal,” he said pointing to himself.

“Would you two knock it off, you’re giving me a bigger headache then I already have.”

“Sorry luv,” Spike apologized.

“Don’t call me that.”

“What, you’re still mad at me?”

Buffy didn’t answer; she just looked down and continued to of stare out the window. “Where are we going?” she finally asked.

“We’re taking the principal home.”

“Yes, I know that, but where are we going?”

“Principal Snyder, where do you live,” she asked, looking back at him. Snyder stopped humming, and was about to answer when Spike interrupted.

“I know where it is, luv, it’s not far.”

“What? How do you know? And don’t call me that.”

“I egged his house once,” Spike smirked. Even Buffy couldn’t help but laugh, though she tried to hold it in.

“That was you!” Snyder exclaimed. Not long after they reached principal’s Snyder’s house.

“Ok, Snyder, off you go,” Spike said.

“Ok, I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” he said as he got out of the car. As they drove away he waved to them. Holding his chocolate in one arm, he sighed, looking at down at the ground.

“Hey, my shoe’s untied,” he noticed, and bent down to tie it up, before going into the house.

“So….” Spike said, breaking the silence they’d been in ever since they dropped off Principal Snyder.

“So…” Buffy repeated.

“You’re- ok, are you? Those… things didn’t hurt you, did they?”

“Yeah, I’m fine but-”

“But what?” Spike asked, when she didn’t finish her sentence.

“What were they, Spike? I mean, they can’t be human.”

“No, they’re not. I don’t know what they are, I’ve seen then around before though. Just promise me you will never walk the streets alone at night. Sunnyhell has a high crime rate, and most of them are young, and female.”

“I promise,” she told him quietly.

“Look, Buffy-”

“Don’t! I don’t want to hear it. Thank-you for everything you’ve done, tonight but it doesn’t change anything.”

“What about the dance?” he asked. After a few minutes, he already knew the answer. He had blew it, but he asked anyway.

“What about it?”

“Well-we’re still going together, right?”

“I don’t think so,” she said slowly.

“Buffy, come on, I wasn’t-”

“How am I supposed to know that? How am I supposed to believe anything you say?”

“You’re just going to have to trust me.”

“I did trust you.”

Spike just sighed, picking up his cell phone and dialing Oz’s number.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m calling Oz to come pick me up when I drop you off.”

“You know I could’ve just drove home from your house.”

“I don’t think so, luv.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Hey, Oz, where are you too?” Spike asked, once Oz had answered his phone.

“I’m still at the Bronze, where are you?”

“I’m driving Buffy home, can you come pick me up? I’m aboutten blocks from her house.”

“Ah, yeah sure.”

“Ok, thanks.”

“No problem,” after that Spike flipped off his cell phone.

“Moron,” Buffy mumbled.

“What?” he asked.

“You didn’t even tell him where I lived.”

“Bugger,” Spike said, reaching for his cell phone, only to hang it up again a couple minutes later.

“No answer,” he mumbled. When they finally did reached Buffy’s house, Oz was already there.

“Hey man,” Spike said, as he got out of the car.

“Hey,” Oz said, as he got out of his car as well.

“Hey Oz,” Buffy greeted. “How did you find us?” she asked just as Willow got out Oz’s van.

“Willow, HI!” Buffy said, as if she hadn’t seen her best friend in weeks. “So, I’m guessing you told him?”

“Yup,” Willow told her.

“Call me as soon as you get home, and I want details,” Buffy told her.

“So do I, did you guys make up?” Willow asked, gesturing to Spike.

“A world of no.”

“Ah, Willow?” Oz asked coming over to her.

“You ready?”

“Yeah, I’m ready.”

“So I guess I’ll talk to you later?” she asked Buffy.

“You bet,” Buffy said as she waved to her friend when she got into Oz’s van.

“Will you wait a sec?” Spike asked Oz.

“Yeah, sure, take your time.” Oz realized that Spike really needed to talk to Buffy.

“Buffy, wait up.”

“What do you want, Spike?” she asked, they were now both standing beside her front door.

“I want you to forgive me, I’m sorry, I wasn’t going to-”

“Stop right there- you want me to forgive you? Fine, I forgive you, but as far as us goes, there isn’t, ok? There will never be an us.”

“I don’t accept that, there has to be something I can do to change it.”

“There isn’t, so just leave it.”

“I can’t!”

“Why not? You can have any girl in school, I’m sure you’ll have no problem finding a date.”

“I already have date! And I don’t want any other girl in the school, I want-I want-”

“Spit it out Spike, what do you want?”

“You! Aright? I want you!”

“You had me.” And with that she went inside and slammed the door behind her.

“This isn’t over- you hear me Buffy! It’s not bloody over,” he said, walking back to Oz’s van.

Buffy was now lying on her bed crying. Her mother wasn’t home; she didn’t even leave a note, which wasn’t like her. She didn’t know what to do about him, she was so angry she just wanted to punch him in the nose, but at the same time she felt like her heart had been broken, and the way he looked at her with those deep blue eyes, almost made her forget what he had done.

Spike jumped into Oz’s van. He looked like he was about to cry, both Willow and Oz could tell, but he kept it together. There was no way he was going to cry in front of them.

“Hey man, you ok?” Oz, asked him after a while. They were only a couple blocks from Willow’s

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, it’s just-”

“Buffy?” Oz asked, as though he knew.

“How can you tell?” Spike let out a bitter laugh.

“Well, it’s kinda obvious,” he answered.

“Spike?” Willow spoke up for the first time since Spike had gotten into the van.

“Yeah, Red?”

“I think I know a way to get her back.”

tbc....

Like it. Review it.


Chapter End Notes:
Like it. review it.