Author's Chapter Notes:
As always Enjoy the chapter and thank you to the one person who reviewed! As for the rest of you..tut tut...
Day 2 Kiss Rocks

"Hey Buffy," Willow said, when she saw her the next morning in the schoolyard.

"Hey Wills, sorry I didn't call last night, I was- I just forgot, with the whole Spike thing and all."

"Oh, it's ok," Willow told her.

"So, tell me everything!"

"What are you talking about?" Willow asked, although she knew perfectly well what Buffy was talking about.

"You and Oz, last night, was there any kissage?"

"Kissing?! What?! Oh, no, no, no there wasn't any kissing, he hasn't even asked me out yet."

"Well, what’s he waiting for?" Buffy asked.

"I don't know, maybe he only likes me as a friend... like Xander does."

"Speaking of Xander," Buffy said, when she saw him walking across the schoolyard but, when he saw her, he just turned the other way, "He's still being all avoidy."

"You mean you haven't talked to him since you... since-you-um."

"It's ok Will, you can say it."

"Since you rejected him."

"Yeah, since then, but what was I supposed to do? I mean, I couldn't say yes, I didn't like him in that way, ya'know? We're friends, at least I hope we're still friends."

"Don't worry, he'll come around, he just needs some time," Willow said, doing the best she could to comfort her friend.

"I hope so. I just don't want this to affect our friendship."

"Don't worry, Buffy, it won't."

"Ok, major topic change," Buffy said.

"Oh! Ok! I pick... What's going on with you and Spike," Willow asked slyly.

"There is not me and Spike, Willow, and there never will be."

"You know, he seemed really upset last night when he got into the van, what did you say to him?"

"It doesn't matter, and… I was upset, too.”

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't realize, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Well... I think you should give him another chance."

"What? How can you say that? Will, you know what he did!"

"Yes, I know, but still- I think you should give him another chance, he looked like he was about to cry."

"Cry? Really?" her heart softened. "Good," she said realizing that she almost gave into giving another chance. "He doesn't deserve another chance."

"Who doesn't deserve another chance?" Xander asked, as he approached them.

"Glad you could join, and Spike doesn't," Buffy said, happy to see her friend, who obviously had come around quicker then she had thought.

"Me too, and what did he do?"

"Buffy- can I please talk to you a for a sec?" Spike asked, as he suddenly joined their little group.

"I guess so- since you asked nicely," Buffy said, as she walked past him, away from the rest of the group, so they could talk in private. Willow whispered ‘good luck’ to Spike as he followed Buffy.

“Ok, clearly I missed some stuff, cause- and stop me if I’m wrong, but, two days ago we couldn’t get her to stop talking about Spike, and she was all, 'Oh- Spike touched my hand, Oh- Spike asked me to the dance.' And now she’s giving him death looks- what’s up with that?” Xander asked. He was so confused, not that he wasn’t glad she was mad at Spike.

“Come on, I’ll fill you in, but you better sit down,” Willow said, walking towards the picnic table.

On the other side if the schoolyard, Angel was also sitting on a picnic table, thinking long and hard about his plan. ‘What was there left to think about?’

“Angel! I need a word with you.”

“Well, well, Spike, what can I do for you?”

“This stupid nancy boy plan of yours, I’m not in it.”

“What Spike? I thought you were my inside man?”

“Yeah well, I changed my mind.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“It’s none of your bloody business why!”

“Spike you better tell me or I’ll-”

“Or you’ll what?” Spike didn’t let him finish. “After you're done making Buffy an omelet your going to make me one? Just remember one thing mate, I like my eggs sunny side up.”

“Spike, you’d better get your priorities straight.”

“They are straight.”

“Ohhh! I get it now,” he chuckled, and Spike gave him a strange look.

“Spike, my boy, you are something else. Since when did you become so smart?”

“What are you getting on with?”

“Spike, Spike, Spike. You just don’t give up, do you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Spike, it’s ok, you don’t have to play stupid.”

“I’m not playing stupid, you git, now tell me what the bloody hell you’re talking about!”

“You are my inside man, and an inside man is supposed to stay unknown, as I told Cordelia. And because she has to become friends with Buffy and her ‘geek freaks,’ your afraid she’ll slip up. Blow your cover, but don’t worry, I’ll tell her you backed out of the plan, so your cover is safe.”

“You have one hell of an overactive imagination. Do you take pills for that? Or maybe you just spend too much time watchin’ the telly, you should really get out more.”

“I have no time for television. I have to keep up with the plan.”

“You really gotta find yourself a girl, mate.”

“I told you, I have no time for that.”

“Look, just don’t expect me to do anything, alright?”

“Oh ok, Spike,” Angel winked.

“I mean it Angel! I’m not helping you!”

“Ok, this isn’t amusing me anymore-Cordelia!” Angel shouted out to her from across the schoolyard, calling her over. “I’ll tell her now.”

“Whatever,” Spike said, as he walked away, very annoyed. “And by the way ‘geek freaks’? Even you can come up with something better then that.” he called back. Angel didn’t reply because by that time Cordelia was already standing beside him looking very impatient and, he had more important things to concentrate on. He didn’t have time for a shouting match with Spike.

“Cordelia, how have you been?”

“Not bad, yourself?”

“You’ve been neglecting your part of the plan, I see.”

“What? No I haven’t.”

“Did I not just see you over there with Harmony?”

“Yes, but what-”

“You’re supposed to be over there, with Xander, Willow, and Buffy.”

“And Spike?”

“Spike just backed out.”

“What?!”

“He doesn’t want to be apart of the plan anymore.”

“Why not?”

“He didn’t say.”

“Any you’re just going to let him get way with this?”

“For now.”

“Ok, well- what am I supposed to be doing again, cause you didn’t really make it clear.”

“God, Cordelia! Do I have to go through this again?”

“No, not if your going to yell at me! God, what is your problem?”

“My problem is, nobody is doing what they're supposed to be doing. Where is Riley when you need him?”

“He’s gone to Iowa, remember? To visit his-”

“Yes! I know where he is!”

“Ok, Angel, you need to calm down…. Did you have coffee this morning?” when he didn’t answer, she continued. “Just tell me what you want me to be doing right now.”

“I want you to go make nice with Xander, Willow, and who ever else is with them…they seem to be multiplying, anyway. I need you to be their friend.”

“Argh, you couldn’t have given me something easy?”

“Just go!”

“I’m going, I’m going.”

“Wow, this is big,” Xander said, after Willow was finished telling him everything.

“I know.”

“I mean, how could he…”

“I know.”

“Well, if I know Buffy, and I think I do, she will never forgive him for this.”

“Nah, I think she will.”

“Just trust me on this one, Will, the day Buffy forgives Spike, is the day monkeys fly in and attack the school,” as soon as his words were out of his mouth Buffy and Spike were approaching them hand in hand.

“Hey, Guys,” Buffy greeted, as Xander gave them a disbelieving look.

“Hey,” Willow said, looking up at the sky.

“Willow? What are you looking at?” Buffy asked, as she looked to see what Willow was looking at, even Spike glanced up.

“Oh nothing, just looking for flying monkeys.”

“What?”

“Nothing. So what’s up? Besides the fact that you and Spike are holding hands?” Willow smiled slyly.

“Not much, you?” Buffy answered casually.

“Nothing, I-” Willow didn’t get a chance to finish, because she was interrupted when the first bell of the day rang. “Class time!” she said cheerily.

“Will, you’re just a little too excited.” Buffy told her.

“Hey, did you hear about the flying monkeys that attack schools?” Willow asked as they walked to their class.

“They are French monkeys, right?” Oz asked from out of nowhere.

“OZ! Hi! And yes, they were French.” Willow told him.

“Then I know the ones you’re talking about.”

“Really?!”

“Wait, they have pants, right?” he asked.

“Yup!” she answered, smiling.

“Good, cause for a second there I thought you were talking about a different kind of flying monkeys, you know, the kind that don’t wear any pants.”

“There are monkeys that don’t wear pants!?” Willow asked, surprised.

“Oh yeah! Some are against it, they say it itches.” Oz explained.

“Oh, well, you just gotta cut the tag off.”

“Well, you see, I don’t think they know how.”

“Hold on a second here, I am so lost, are we talking about flying-French monkeys, that attack schools and wear pants?” Buffy asked.

“Yup! Except some of them don’t wear pants, they’re against it,” Willow told her.

“I so do not get it,” she said.

“Right there with ya, luv.”

“Yeah, count me in,” Xander said as they all continued to walk down the hall, and Willow and Oz continued their conversation.

“So I bet them hippos are really jealous, cause not only do the monkeys get the pants, they get to fly as well?” Willow said, trying to keep a straight face.

“Oh yeah! They feel totally ripped, and plus, they get to destroy things…”

“I am allowed to call you that now, right pet?” Spike asked, referring to earlier when he had called her luv.

“What are you talking about? I luv when you call me that.”

After class, Willow, Xander, Oz, Buffy and Spike (who were acting all lovey-dovey and making Xander sick) were all at their lockers, which happened to be rather close to each other. Cordelia reluctantly joined them.

“Cordy, always a pleasure,” Xander sneered at her, just as he saw principal Snyder heading straight for them.

“Hey, Snyder. Heard you had some fun last night. Have you come down yet?” Cordelia smiled, although she tried to hid it. As for Buffy and Spike, there were in there own little world and were oblivious to Snyder’s presence.

“That’s ‘Principal Snyder’”

“And that’s a big ‘yep’”

Snyder just eyed all of them, who were just standing there. “You look like six young people with too much time on their hands.”

“Not really,” Oz told him.

“Busy like a bee, actually, bee like.” Cordelia said, smiling.

“Good. It’s seems we had some vandalism last night on school property, and I was just looking for some volunteers to help clean it up,” all six of them turned to look at the lockers that had spray painted words of a rock band on it. Snyder walked past them near the lockers.

“Kiss rocks? Why would anyone want to kiss… Oh, wait. I get it,” Willow said.

“Lets get some paint remover,” Snyder said as they all followed, not to pleased at all.

tbc...

Like it. Review it.