Author's Chapter Notes:
I am currently out of a beta so the only person proof reading this is me. I apologies for any mistake, also it is 12:42 am, and I’m just finishing reading this over. Go easy on me 


Also theres something that I have been meaning to do for a while now and thats to have my own spuffy website. I have my own, but the problem is I don't have my own spuffy layout. Does anyone know how to make one or know where I can get one? If you you like to help me just leave it in the review, or email me if you prefer. Teresa_114@hotmail.com
First Date, Last Date

“Hey, Oz man, you made it,” Ryan jumps off the stage to greet his friend.

“Yeah, not too late am I?” he asked, hoping he didn’t miss his entire practice.

“Na, man, you’re just on time. Who’s the hottie,” he was referring to Veruka, who was eying Oz down like a triple fudge sundae on a hot day.

“Tutee,” Oz replied simply.

“Nice, are we ready to do this?”

The boys took the stage, recaptured their instruments and began to play.

“Did a stupid thing last night……”

“I called you,”

Veruka watched Oz, enchanted by his movements. It was at that moment she knew for sure that she wanted him, and what Veruka wants, Veruka always gets, no matter what the consequences.

“A moment of weakness…..”
“No not a moment,”
“More like three months of freakyness….”

*****************************************************************

This was nerve racking. He had never cared so much about having the parents like him. Then again he never really had a girl that he cared about liking him. He took several deep breaths and walked up to the front door. Before he got a change to ring the door bell, the door flew open, and behind it stood Joyce.

“I’ve been waiting for you, please do come it.”

Spike nervously entered the house. Looking around for the petite blond, and finding that she was no where in sight, worried him a little. He didn’t want to be left alone with her mother. This was gonna be harder then he thought.

“Please, won’t you come in and sit down?” She gestured towards the living room and Spike accepted her invitation. Without another word exchanged they both entered the living room and seated themselves across from each other. Joyce sipped gently on her tea, unsure of what to say next. “Can I get you anything?” She offered.

“No, thank-you maim, I’m fine thanks,” Spike answered almost too politely. Damn, he was trying to hard.

“You can call me Joyce, and oh my! How rude of me, I didn’t ask you your name,” she claimed, stunned that she would forget such a thing.

‘Oh great, here we go.’ Spike thought. “Hm, friends call me Spike,” he answered, as he saw her face drop.

“That’s…interesting, and why do they call you that?”

Before he had a chance to answer her Buffy entered the room. ‘Damn that girl had good timing, he couldn’t love her any more at that moment… wait a minute, love? Nah, it couldn’t be.’

“Oh, you’re here. I didn’t hear the doorbell.” She said, surprised to see Spike.

“Buffy you look, absolutely stunning.”

Buffy blushed. She couldn’t wait to see where Spike was really taking her.

“Mom, can we go now?” she asked, with all hopes that Spike didn’t say something stupid that forced her mother to not like him.

“Of course you can dear, you two have fun,” Buffy grabbed her coat from off that back of the chair just passed where her mother was standing.

“Back by 10 you hear?”

“But Mom!,” Buffy pouted, she knew that if she was going out with Xander and Willow her mother wouldn’t have wanted her home so early.

“No but’s Buffy,” Joyce gave her a stern look, in with Buffy returned, she was determined to fight her mother on this. She folded her arms and began to pout. She wanted to spend all the time she could with Spike, and he mother was being completely unreasonable.

“10 will be time enough,” Spike cut in, earning some brownie points with her mother. “You needn’t worry Joyce; she’ll be back by then,” he reassured.

Buffy gave him a surprising look. ‘Oh God!’ She thought. ‘ I really did freak him out earlier. He just wants to get this date over and done with so he can dump me!’ Her heart sank, however she was strong. She wasn’t going to let him humiliate her like that. ‘ I’ll get him before he has the chance to get me, he’ll never know what’s coming,’ With a slight smile she agreed, and they both ventured out the door. ‘If he wants to play, then we’ll play, and I’ll win…’

Joyce peered out the window as she watched her daughter drive away on a mortar cycle owned by the bleached blond. ‘Oh, I don’t like this…’ she thought.

*****************************************************************

Angel flew down the road, determined to get to Cordelia’s before she had a chance to snoop. Looking into his rear-view mirror he noticed flashing lights of a cop car following directly behind him. He had to think for a moment, but decided to pull over. This so wasn’t the right time.

“Is there a problem officer?” Angel gave him a bright smile.

“Seems you have a heavy foot there, may I see your license and registration?”

“Of course sir,” Angels reaches in glove compartment and pulls out the registration. He then reaches into his back pocket and pull out his wallet to retrieve his license…his fake license. “Here you are officer,” he handed him his information; the officer took it and eyed it suspiciously. He then made his way back to his car.

‘Perfect! This is just perfect, I’ll never get to Cordelia’s before she reads it!’ he thought to himself, it never occurred to him that the cop would discover is secret until…

“Would you please step out of the car sir?”

“Excuse me?

“Sir, are you award that you have a drivers license that isn’t valid?”

“Why, Officer I have no idea that you’re talking about,” Angel tried to cover smugly.

“Ok sir, you going to have to come down to the station with me until we can sort this out.”

“You have got to be kidding me,” Angle reluctantly got out of his car and followed the officer as the headed down to the station. Boy was he in trouble now.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­*****************************************************************

The drive hadn’t been as long as the climb. Spike had taken her to a nearby hill in which when you stood at the top you could see all of Sunnydale.

“Beautiful isn’t it luv?”

“Yeah, I’ve never been up here, it’s definitely wow-factor. Hey! Look, I can see my house. Or at least I think it’s my house,” Buffy gave it a second look.

“Why don’t we go over here and talk,” Spike gestured a little towards the left where a huge bush kept his surprise a secret from Buffy.

Buffy was in a daze, looking down upon Sunnydale was mesmerizing; it also made her a bit dizzy. However as the word ‘talk’ utter from Spike’s lips, Buffy became focused. She knew what was coming, and she knew what she had to do.

“Yeah I think we do need to talk,” She crossed her arms over her chest; she had to be firm about this.

Her tone confused him. He didn’t understand what her sudden chance of mood was all about.

“Is that right pet? Should I be worried? Not going to stake me now are yea?” Trying to lighten the mood and get her back on his side, he made a joke in hopes of a smile.

“What the hell does that me? And yea, I’d be worried if I were you, which I’m not so I’m not worried,” This confused him even more, he quickly went over everything he had said that night just in case he was stupid and didn’t realize it. Nothing he could recall came to mind so; he figured she was pulling his leg. ‘Had to get a funny one didn’t ya?’ he asked himself.

“Alright pet, ladies first, wot do have to talk about?” he quirked his left eyebrow and gave her a wink with a smug smile, this just annoyed her more.

“I didn’t agree to go on this date with you because I wanted to.”

“Oh really?” He laughed, still thinking she was kidding, but looking at her stern face he started to take her seriously. It was the same face that she had not to long ago when he almost lost her for good. “What are you here for then?” he was afraid to find out.

“I’ll tell you what I’m not here for. I’m not here to look at stupid Sunnydale from afar; I’m not here to eat disgusting pizza, or to see a lame ass movie.”

“Buffy what-” he tried to cut in but she wouldn’t let him.

“And I'm not here to bust your chops about the stupid scheme, either. That's just you. I should have remembered.”

“Buffy what scheme? What are you talking about? Please help me to understand,” the night had taken a turn for the worst. It was going so well, then suddenly BOOM! It had blown up in his face. He just had no clue what had set her off. Did she know about Angles evil pan? He wondered.

“Don’t lie to me! I’m sick of everyone lying to me, pretending to be my friend. Pretending to like me, you all must think I’m stupid.”

“I do like you and I don’t think you’re stupid,” this would be so easy to fix if he only knew what the problem was.

“Well I guess that makes one of us,” she said coldly, however looking away, she couldn’t let him see how much this was killing her.

“So this is worse then, is it, this is you telling me-” Her words hit him like a cup of cold ice being dumped down his back, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing, he almost hit the ground.

“It’s over,” she saw his eyes grow wide. She herself couldn’t believe what she was saying and immediately wanted to take it back.

A slight smile grew on his lips. ‘Yeah right,’ he thought. Nearly 3 hours ago she professed her love for him over the phone, now she’s dumping him. ‘She’s just upset,’ he thought. He moved closer to her.

“I've memorized this tune, luv. Think I have the sheet music. Doesn't change what you want.”

“You have no idea what I want.”

“You can’t be serious,” Spike was in awe, he couldn’t believe his ears. ‘Ok Spike time to wake up, rise and shine,’ but it wasn’t a dream, he was here, and this was really happening.

“Look Spike, it was fun, for a while-”

“A while! Buffy we sat and talked yesterday after school for 5 hours, I don’t call that a little while,” he grinned at her, he knew they had a connection, and he knew she could feel it too.

“I’m using you.” This time she looked directly at him, as she tried as hard as she could to keep a straight face.

“Bloody hell! A few hours ago you said you loved me!”

“I can't love you. I'm just ... being weak, and selfish...I’ve been using you to make Xander jealous…”

“The wanker?” He stood there in disbelief. “Buffy…”

“Don’t,” she raised her hand to stop him “I have to be strong about this.”

Spike continued to stand there only a few feet away from her. He missed her already. He looked up at her and she seemed to be sticking to her decision.

“I'm sorry ... William.”

Those were her last words as she turned away from him and began to walk down the hill, tears streaming down her face.

Spike just stood there, unable to comprehend what had just happened. She had said she loved him. He considered going after her, but with the scene she just made, he figured it to be useless. With a slight sigh, he made his way over behind the bush. There, on the ground lay a checked white and red picnic blanket all set with a candles and a specially made heart shaped pizza. Which, he spent an hour making, as well as looking up old orders forums from a week before so he could figure out what Buffy and her mother had ordered on their pizza. He carefully placed everything back into an old-fashioned picnic basket he had purchased for this special event. With a sad smile he reached down and picked up the last item he needed to pack away, as well as return. Gripping the long jewelery box in his left hand she shoved it into the pocket of his duster, then he too made his way down the hill.

TBC………..

Like it. Review it.