Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for the reviews last time guys! Keep em’ comin’. Also I still don’t have a beta, and once again it is now…12:48am, so if I don’t catch them all please forgive me. Enjoy!

Also I just got a job which I really need soo the chapters are gonna slow a little but don't worry I still plan on finishing it by the end of the summer.. I know u might think that might be a while but the story isn't half done!

If Only You Could Realize

The Bronze had always been a popular place to go. You were almost certain to see some one from school or work; it was where people would go to escape. They would party, let lose, have some fun. They would also come here to wallow, sulk, or pity themselves. Some came for the drinks, others for the food, but Willow Rosenberg came to watch Oz play. She was like his groupie. In these moments she felt important. She was here with some one, for some one, for once she wasn’t the geeky girl in the corner, the one who no one would talk to, she was here tonight because a boy smiled when ever he looked into the crowd and seen her there to applaud him.

She sat near the front, only a few tables away from the stage. She had a clear view of Oz. It didn’t even matter what was playing, that wasn’t what she was there for. Recently she had been confused about her feelings for Oz and her older feelings towards Xander. She didn’t know what to do with them. But something in here decided that it was time to let Xander go, he just wasn’t meant to be hers.

But I can't spell it out for you,
No it's never gonna be that simple
No I cant spell it out for you….

“Yummy, look Harm, salty goodness,” Cordelia eyed all the college boys that raided the Bronze.

“Is Spike here?” Harmony asked hopeful.

“Harm, would you give it a rest? Spike is not gonna come back to you.”

“Hey that’s not what you’re supposed to say. You’re supposed to tell me that any guy will be lucky to be with me and if Spike has any brains in his head then he’ll come back.”

“Yeah well I have brains in my head and I know that’s just not gonna happen.” Cordelia was started to get really annoyed with Harmony. All she’s been able to talk about ever since her and Spike broke up was well, Spike. And hearing about the bleached blond all day and all night long could really tire a girl out.

Harmony just pouted, there had to be a way to get Buffy out of the picture so that she could have her blondie bear back.

“Hey look!” Cordelia pointed off in the distance. “There’s a table over there,” the two girls went off to fetch their table. As they sat all Cordelia could think about was finding herself a nice college boy, and all Harmony could think about was pulling out all of Buffy’s hair.

Take time to realize,
That your warmth is
Crashing down on in.
Take time to realize,
That I am on your side
Didn't I, Didn't I tell you……

Angel had watched as she entered the club. He never did make it too her house earlier that day. He had spent too much time at the police station. Damn he had gotten a big fine. ‘This was all Buffy’s fault,’ he thought. The events in his life hadn’t been good recently and he intended to make some one pay. Intensely he watched Cordelia as her and Harm sat at the table. He wondered if she saw him when she entered the club. Also, he wondered if she had read through his plan book. He was never sure about her from the beginning anyways. She wasn’t completely focused on the plan. She was always fluttering about, and rambling on about mindless things, she could be worse then Harmony sometimes… well maybe not worse, but just as bad. Anyhow, the truth was, he couldn’t trust her. She had a big mouth, and he just knew she would let it slip eventually. It was time to abort, and it was time to bring in the big guns.

“Excuse me, Angel?” A young man approached angel, unsure if this was the guy he was sent to meet.

“Yes?” Angel got up abruptly.

“I got your message, you wanted to see me?”

“Yes,” Angel smiles and reached out his hand to the young gentleman. “I’ve heard so much about you Charles.’

Take time to realize
Oh-oh I'm on your side
didn't I, didn't I tell you.
Take time to realize
This all can pass you by
Didn't I tell you…

Willow strained her neck, trying to see over the blond head that had taken a seat in front of her. She let out a frustrated sigh and looked around to see if there were any other tables free. All of a sudden her eyes were met with some one she didn’t expect to see tonight.

“Buffy? What are you doing here?” She looked down at her watch “Your date is over already,” she sounded surprised

Buffy’s eyes started to well up. She had no clue if what she had done was the right decision. She had gone over and over it in her head on the way to the Bronze, and she felt as though she had been a little harsh. But he was gonna break up with her! What was she supposed to do?

Willow could see the play of emotions that covered Buffy’s face; she comforted her friend as Buffy told her the events that happened earlier that night.

Didn't I tell you…

No one could see him. He had the best table in the house, or at least for the mood he was in, it was the best table in the house. The woman he was in love with didn’t feel anything for him, she couldn’t even try, and to top it all off he had hurt the one person who had always been by his side. He made her cry; he could see it in her eyes as she tore off down the hallway. He had made such an idiot of himself lately and he just didn’t know how to fix it. He watched the two women in his life sit on the farther side of the bronze, Buffy looked… ‘Upset? What did Spike do now?’ normally he would think that it was great that they broke up, that way she could realize that they were meant to be. But he knew better, Spike was right, Buffy would never have a ‘thing’ for him. God, he never knew love could be so complicated.

It's not always the same
no it's never the same
if you don't feel it too.
If you meet me half way
If you would meet me half way.
It could be the same for you…

“So you think I did the right thing?” Buffy asked Willow, she was pretty much begging her friend to tell her she did the right thing.

“I don’t know Buffy, I-I just can’t believe he would want to break-up with you. I thought he was so into you,” she was totally confused, she knew how Spike felt about Buffy, he was a wreck the last time they broke up, and she should know, she was the one who had to make things right between them. This angered her, Spike had wasted her time, why accept her help only to break up with Buffy shortly after, it didn’t make any sense. Spike was weird, she thought.

“Urgh, I can’t see the band,” Buffy protested. “That stupid hair-cut is blocking my view,” this annoyed her; she couldn’t even pretend to be concentrating on something else.

“I-I think maybe you should let things cool down for a bit. If Spike wasn’t going to break up with you, he will want to fix things.”

“Wills come on we haven’t even been date 3 days, we don’t have anything worth saving,” she sighed as she reached her head up to once again try and see the band.

But I can't spell it out for you,
no it's never gonna be that simple
no I can't spell it out for you…

Boy he needed a drink. A good bloody,’ drink. It was a good thing he had his fake ID on him. He made his way through the crowd, heading straight for the bar, suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks. There she was, chatting it up with her bud, he couldn’t believe this. She had dumped him so she could come here? A shot of pain seared thought his entire body and stabbed right through his heart. Tears started to weld up in his eyes, and he wasn’t even drunk yet. He had really lost her this time. His legs felt numb, he couldn’t move, he didn’t know what to do. ‘Should he go over there? Should he just pass her and not say a word?’ She was right in the middle of him and the booze. This was stupid, they haven’t even been going out for three days, it shouldn’t hurt this much, but it did, it hurt more than ever. He really liked her, maybe even…. ‘love?’

If you just realized what I just realized
then we'd be perfect for each other
then we'd never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now…

The crowed cheered, the band was really hot tonight, but unfortunately their time was up, all the boys grabbed their instruments and jumped off the stage.

“I’ll be right back, is that ok with you Buffy?” Willow asked. she desperately wanted to see Oz before the night was over.
Buffy who, was off in a daze didn’t even hear her best friend.

“Earth to Buffy?”

“Huh, what?” Buffy asked suddenly startled.

“Welcome back from Buffy land. I’m gonna go see Oz, I’ll be right back ok?” She reassured her friend. Buffy smiled and told her friend that she would be fine. Willow made her way off and Buffy watched as the next act began to set up. At least now she could see it.

Willow hurriedly ran over to where Oz and the rest of the band were packing up.

“Hey guys, we rocked tonight,” Nick praised his band.

“You sure did!” said a familiar female voice coming from between the crowd. She raced up and wrapped her arms around Oz, “You were wonderful,” she mused.

Willows heart sunk as she seen another girl wrapped around Oz, she recognized the back of head, it was the girl who was seated in front of her at the table.

No it's never gonna be that simple
No I can’t spell it out for you…

She was alone, now was his chance, he could make her see she was making a big mistake. He was half way there when he froze dead in his tracks.

“I’m using you”
“Goodbye…William”
‘You know what? She doesn’t want to be with me, then that’s just fine.’
“I’m using you to make Xander jealous.”

Her words hunted him, they just kept repeating over and over in his head. It was starting it make him crazy. ‘Two can play at that game,’ were his final thought as he stormed off out of the bar and into the night.

If you just realize what I just realized
missed out on each other now
missed out on each other now…

TBC…..

LIKE IT. REVIEW IT.