Author's Chapter Notes:
Continued...
“Come on Buffy, let’s get some cotton candy,” Willow urged her friend as a crowd of teens began to gather to watch the show.

Xander, Fred and Angel followed the duo to the cotton candy stall all wanting to ask the same burning question.

“I’ll do it,” Xander broke the ice, causing the entire group to give him ‘what’-faces.
“Sorry Buster, don’t mean to put you in the hot seat here, and please remember to use as little details as possible when you answer this, but.. What, when, how, huh-was all that back there?”

“Where do I start!” Buffy moaned, she didn’t even understand it herself let alone try and explain it to her friends.

“Ah, no details just right to the good, and tell us who we hate now. Speaking of,’ Xander pointed in Angel’s direction “What’s with him and the smooches’?”

“Oh my god Angel, I’m so sorry, obviously you know it was a jealously revenge sorta thing...right?’ Buffy was beyond embarrassed. She and Angel had bumped heads ever since she came to Sunnydale. Earlier he gave her a fish and wanted a truce and now she went and kissed him, maybe she was just as crazy as Dru.

“Buff, Its ok, I enjoyed it,” Angel looked at her with those dreamy brown eyes that he knew made all the girls putty in his hands.

The look Angel was giving her she had to admit she didn’t hate, in fact for the first time she realized just how handsome he was. This making Spike jealous this could be more fun then she thought.

“I invite you all to join me when I say, yuck,” Xander continued to remain discussed. Growing up in Sunnydale meant growing up around a lot of the same people. He knew Angel and his entire persona, and it wasn’t someone he wanted his friend to get involved with, especially Buffy. “Enough with the googly eyes you two and let’s talk about you and Spike, bad first date?”

Buffy began to tell the group the entire story, and for Fred’s sake she started right from the beginning. How they had met her first night in town. How they ran into each other during her orientation. When they met at the movie place and he looked up her number to call that night to scare her. How they continued to hang out in school and he asked her to the dance. How they had broken up the first time over a misunderstanding and he insisted they go on a date. Which all lead up to the big finale where she blurted out the words ‘I love you,’ over the phone.

“Did you mean it?” Willow now felt very concerned for her friend; strong feelings were now becoming involved.
Buffy glanced over at Angel who had taken a particular interest in her story. Could she admit in front of the entire gang that she had developed such strong feelings so quickly?
“I like him a lot,” was all she was willing to let them know. She could see him from across the school yard from where they all stood. Drusilla was dancing circles around him. He didn’t look annoyed, or frustrated in fact he was laughing with her. Something they hadn’t done much of, most of their week long relationship had been spent breaking up.

Angel was fascinated by this side of the story. This entire time he thought Spike was on his side using Buffy as part of their plot for her demise. Was he really that upset that she embarrassed him at the mall? No, but it was Sunnydale and what better way than to haze in the new kid. It was then Angel received a text from no one other then Spike himself, and the content Angel thought was quite interesting.
‘Now you’re my secret agent.’

Angels reply was not to Spike but to Cordelia, ‘My place after school, there’s been a change of plans.’



TBC
Read it, Like it, Review it.

Teaser for Chapter 22
-Feeling begin to develop for some unsuspected people
-The Scooby’s find themselves with an unsuspected ally