Author's Chapter Notes:
If you like what you see then you know the way its gotta be....Review! :D
Monday Morning, Sunnydale High

"Hey Cordelia, wait up."

"Oh, Hey, Angel.....What do you want?"

"Can I talk to you a sec?"

She nodded and they began to walk down the hall.

"Ok, mom, stop here."

Joyce pulled over, and Buffy got out of the car.

"Ok, bye mom," Buffy said as she was about to close the car door.

"Ok, see you, have a nice day. I'll pick you up here at three."

"Yup."

Joyce dove off and Buffy was there with only the vision of Sunnydale ahead of her.

'Here it goes' she said to herself as she began to walk. She spotted Willow and Xander over by one of the trees; they looked to be in deep conversation.

"In no way do we stick out like sore thumbs."

"Okay, but do they really stick out?"

"What?"

"Sore thumbs. Do they stick out? I mean, have you ever seen a thumb and gone, 'Wow! That baby is sore!"

"You have too many thoughts."

"Hey." Buffy said as she approached them.

"Oh, hey Buffy." "Hi Buffster." Willow and Xander said right after another.

"She's right you know, Xander." Buffy said as she took a seat next to Willow, "About the whole thumb thing, in theory that they stick out. But as a fact, they don't."

"See, told ya." Willow said, pointing at Xander.

Xander just shook his head.

"Women." he sighed.

The first bell rang and they all piled inside.

"I have to go see Snyder, he wants me check in, and he has to give me my locker number." Buffy told them once they were inside.

"Ok, we'll see you later." Willow said as her and Xander went to their class.

"Yup, you bet." Buffy replied as she headed towards the principals office.

The second bell rang; first period was over and the halls were once again filled.

Buffy had just come out of English class and she began to look for her locker. 'No use carrying around all these text books, lets see 67, 68, 69, 70' she whispered to herself.

"Looking for something in particular, pet?" Spike asked from behind her. She let a smile grow on her face as she turned around to meet his glistening blue eyes.

"Yeah, actually, locker 146." she answered. He took her hand and led her in a particular direction. Once they stopped he lightly tapped on a locker top.

"Its right here, luv."

"You seem to know where everything is, don't you?"

He grinned at her and took a few steps backwards and tapped lightly on locker 150.

"Mine's right here," he said.

"Oh, I see, we're practically neighbors," she said, not knowing what to say next. She was still trying to come out of the shocked state she was in over the fact that her touched HER hand.

"Maybe one Saturday afternoon you could come over for a backyard B.B.Q or something." Spike said, trying to make a joke and hoping she got the secret message.

"Maybe." Buffy replied, tying to play along with his joke, catching the message she hoped he was sending but wasn't sure - just in case he was secretly asking her out, she made sure he knew she would say yes if he did make it more clear.

There was a moment of awkward silence that neither one of them knew how to break. Both of them just stood there struggling on what to say next, both of them thinking that the other was waiting, and not realizing that they were just a stumped as the other.

'Come on, Buffy, think of something else to say. He's waiting, and you're just standing here like and idiot, he's gonna think your just some dumb blond that can never find anything to say' Buffy's thoughts were mangled.

'Say something you git, don't just stand here like a bleeding idiot' Spike thought.

Buffy was the one to break the silence.

"Do you know where the library is?" She asked, not really needing to go there, nor did she plan to go there, she just needed something to break the silence and it was just the fist thing that popped into her head. 'Guess it will do, even though you just made it sound like there was something else you couldn't find.'

"Yeah, luv, it's down past the gym, then to your right and right through those big doors, you want me to take ya?"

"No, that's ok, I'm not goin' till later....much later."

The bell rang for all students to go to their second class.

"So what do you have now?" she asked as they both began to walk down the hall.

"Math," He said, as he looked at her with a smile that she returned.

"What about you pet, whata you got?"

"Math," she answered.

He chuckled, though not really sure why, nervous laughter he supposed.

They passed another set of lockers before they approached the classroom door. Once they were inside Buffy noticed Willow and Xander, as well as the two girls that were in the mall on Saturday and that guy she had told off while she was with Willow and Xander.

Angel had seen Spike enter with Buffy. 'What is he doing with her? He better not be up to something, if he's trying to mess up my plan he's gonna be good and sorry.'

Buffy took a seat across from Willow in the front row, Xander sat behind Willow, and Spike took a seat behind Buffy.

"Hey guys," Buffy said as she sat down.

"Hey," Willow said.

"Willow, Xander, this is Spike. Spike, this is Willow and Xander......Or do you guys already know each other?"

"Nope, not me. Hi Spike." Willow said cheerfully.

"I do," Xander said, looking over at Spike, who was looking a little confused, "We did a project a while back."

"Ah, that's right mate, we did," Spike said, trying to be as friendly as possible, though it didn't come natural to him, in spite of the fact that he couldn't stand Xander. 'Bloody Nancy-boy poof, is all he is, just like Angel,' he thought, who he noticed across the room, and took his time to make sure he snarled at him. Angel just glared back.

"So how do you two know each other?" Xander asked.

"Spike delivered a pizza to my house, and then we kept running into each other after that," Buffy told them.

"Oh, you just coincidentally kept running into each other after that," Xander said sarcastically. 'I knew I wouldn't like this guy, and that had to be one of the stupidest things I've ever said' Xander thought as Spike replied to his non-question.

"Yeah, literally actually," Spike said giving Buffy a sexy smirk. She took notice she smiled and blushed a little. She almost exploded into laughter as she told the story to Willow who looked a little confused with Spike's comment.

"So I went and turned around and I banged right into him."

"Oh," Willow let out a few giggles.

"That's funny, so classic, the girl bumps into the guy. I bet you knocked his books down, too, and as you both tried to pick them up you bumped heads or your hands touched or something like that and then..."

"Good morning class," Willow was interrupted by the teachers entrance, which Buffy was all too happy for. If Willow had gone any further she would have be so humiliated - even more than she already was.

"Pst, Wills, Who's that?"

"Ah, that would be a little someone us students like to call the teacher, she who teaches us math," Xander butted in.

"I know that, running along the lines of Mrs.......?"

"That's Ms. Calendar, she teaches us computers too," Willow told her.

"I said good morning class, that means all mouths go closed," she directed her attention to Buffy.

"You're new, Miss Summers??"

"Good call! Guess I'm the only new kid, huh?"

"I was told you were coming. Ok, everyone open your textbooks and go to page 267."

She turned to write on the white board, and Willow quickly passed a note to Buffy.

Buffy unfolded it and she read:

Hey, Buffy, so what's with you and Spike, are you two dating?

Buffy quickly wrote her back. She hand the note to Willow.

"Girls! Note passing!?" Ms. Calendar walked over to Willow's desk and grabbed the note from her hand. She unfolded it, and slowly read.

'Oh my God, please, please, PLEASE, don't let her read it out loud' Buffy pleaded in her mind.

"I'll let it slide this one time, since it would be rather embarrassing to read this aloud." She glanced over in Spike's direction, who took notices to this and concluded that the note could very well be about him. She ripped the note in half and tossed it in a nearby trashcan, and continued. "I don't want any more note passing, the next one will be read out loud no matter how embarrassing it may be." She went back to writing today's work on the board.

"Buffy," Willow whispered.

"Yeah"

"Xander and I are going to the Bronze tonight, wanna come with? Spike can come too."

"Sure Wills, sounds like fun."

Spike and Xander, who sat behind them, could hear their entire conversation.

"So, you up for Bronzing tonight?" Xander asked once he realized that Spike too could not only hear, but was also eavesdropping on their light whispering.

"Yeah, sure, was goin' "

Angel tried to get her attention. They both sat in the very back of the room, Angel in the corner and Cordelia in the second seat from the back making, her seated diagonally from Angel.

"Cordelia!"

She quickly turned around when she heard Angel shout-whisper her name. He handed her a folded piece of paper, and taking one quick look the teacher's way she grabbed the note, unfolded it and read:

That thing we discussed earlier, it's time. You know what you have to do, after class, got it?

She replied:

Yes, Angel, I know exactly what's gonna be done. I'll get on it right after class. What about you? When are you gonna put your part of the plan into action?

She folded it up and quickly handed it back to Angel.

'Somehow, passing notes isn't such a big deal as they make it out to be' Angel thought as he read Cordelia's response. Replying to it he wrote:

ASAP

Cordelia was very careful not to get caught with the note and since Ms. Calendar seemed to be getting a little suspicious she decided to wait till' the end of class to read what Angel had written her, even though the suspense was killing her.

Angel continued to stare at Buffy, plotting out exactly how he was going to do this.

'I wonder if Buffy thinks of me as more then a friend' Xander thought 'I don't know what she sees in Captain Peroxide over here' he took a glance in Spike's direction, just to glare at him.

'Angel's bound to put his plan into action today, no time like the present is what he says. Gotta find a way to stop it, but how? Guess you could just tell her, seems simple enough. But.....then she'd know you were there, and that you're friends with the poof, even though I hate his bloody guts...' Spike debated the situation in his head for the rest of the class.

'I wonder what's for lunch today, fish sticks? Mac and cheese? Pizza?'

"Xander! Xander! You're drooling," Willow said as she shook him a little.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Class is over, come on, it's time for lunch."

"Ah, lunch! What a coincidence, I was just thinking about you."

Willow just rolled her eyes.

"Xander, you and your obsession with food, we're gonna have to find you a hobby other than eating! You know, one of these days all of the calories and fatty goodness is going to catch up with you and you're gonna wake up one day and look in the mirror and go 'Oh my God, look at me, I shake' "

"Lecture number 169," Xander said as they made their way to where Buffy and Spike were patiently waiting outside the classroom door.

"So...." Buffy began.

"So...." Spike urged her to continue.

"Um, me, Xander, and Willow are going to the Bronze tonight. Is there a chance I might see you there?"

"Not a chance, but a possibility, pet."

"Hey," Willow said as both her and Xander approached.

"Hey," Buffy said as all four of them began to walk to the cafeteria. When they entered they got their lunch (which was Mac and Cheese) and sat down.

"I knew it!" Xander said suddenly.

"Knew what?" Buffy asked slowly.

He turned to Willow.

"I forgot to make fun of you," he said as he pointed to her face.

"You got in trouble, you broke your oh-so-perfect reputation, you're never gonna get into a good school, you'll never get a good job, you'll end up marrying some bum, and both of you will have to struggle to pay the bills while...."

"Ok, Xander, you've made you point," she said as she rolled her eyes. Spike rolled his eyes too, only in annoyance with Xander.

"SUMMERS!" Snyder yelled as he approached their table.

"That would be I," she said.

"You are in deep trouble, Miss."

"What did I do now? I just got here, isn't there like, a 24 hour wait before you come after me?"

"No, there isn't, I come after you when you need coming after."

"And right now in the middle of lunch is that time of need?"

"You got a real attitude problem, you know that Summers? Now come with me."

"What! Why? I didn't do anything."

"You can't play innocent with me, I know it was you who switched the salt and the sugar and replaced all the oven knobs with fake ones in the Home Ec lab."

"That wasn't me.....and if it was, you can't prove it."

"We have cookies, Miss Summers, that are burnt and salty on the outside, and doey on the inside."

"So why ya here botherin' me? Shouldn't you be back in the Home Ec lab in your frilly pink apron baking a fresh batch of cookies? Or off somewhere working on getting those knobs replaced?"

"Oh no, Summers, I know you did it, I just need my evidence!"

"Whata ya gonna do, check the place for prints?"

"What about you, you're all too quiet over there, except for you're random chuckle at Miss Summers' saucy remarks....I bet you did this, didn't you?" Snyder said as he took notice to Spike sitting right next to Buffy.

"Not a confession, but you can't prove anything."

"Just you wait....I will find out who did this," he said, taking one last look at Buffy and then at Spike before he took off.

Buffy and Spike both broke out into laughter.

"I thought he found out about the pool," Buffy managed to get out through her laughter.

"But I bet he hasn't even been there yet."

"The pool?" Spike asked at they both began to calm down.

"Yeah, I dumped dye into the pool," both Buffy and Spike broke out again, Willow and Xander both chuckled a little bit but didn't find it all that funny.

"When did you get the time to do that?" Willow asked, knowing Buffy had been with her all day.

"After I went to see Snyder this morning," she said, starting to clam down again.

"The only bad thing is that I'm gonna miss the look on his face when he realized how blue the swim team has been."

"No.....wait, luv, I got a better one, the Home Ec.....that was me," Spike told her and they both began to laugh again.

"Hey, Cordelia, did you do it yet?" Angel whispered as he came to her table.

"No, Angel, she's been with her geek friends. I haven't had the chance," she told him as she stood from the table, glancing over at Buffy.

"Well, go over there and interrupt them, whatever they're talking about can't be that important," he told her as he began to walk away, but she stopped him by grabbing his arm, turning him to face her again.

"Angel wait, I'm confused about something."

"Well you better get un-confused, I can't afford any slip ups!"

"What is Spike doing with them?"

Angel looked up over to where the four of them were sitting, Buffy and Spike still laughing.

"Yeah.....about that, it's a part of the plan."

"Oh, good, I was gonna say. Hey, you know who's gonna be happy to hear that, Harmony!She's totally been obsessing over the fact that her 'Blondie bear' has been seen with them all day. Boy is she gonna be happy when I tell her he's supposed to be there, that he's helping you. You know, I kept telling her that it probably doesn't mean anything but she..."

"Cordelia, try and focus here.....wait - tell her he's supposed to be there? You didn't tell her about the plan did you!?" Angel said angrily.

"No Angel, not yet! Calm down."

"Don't you breathe a word to that air head, you know damn well she can't keep her trap shut!"

"Ok, Ok......"

"Now get over there and do what you have to do!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Listen, when I go over there, if they get suspicious or she won't talk to me or they won't co-operate, Spike has my back right?"

Angel didn't answer.

"He knows about my role in this right?" she tried again.

Angel glanced across the cafeteria over to where Buffy, Spike and the rest of them were sitting. They were laughing, and he seemed to be enjoying himself. 'What is he playin' at? Cover for him, for now, till I find out what he's up to' Angel thought, and then he noticed Cordelia's waiting eyes.

"Yeah, he knows, he's got it. Unlike you, right now he's over there doing his part, just like you should be."

She turned to look over at him.

"Yeah, and he's doing a hell of a job, from where I'm standing he looks very convincing, like they really are friends or something."

"Huh....." Angel thought for a moment.

"You might have to do that."

"What?"

"Befriend Willow and Harris."

"What! Angel, are you crazy? I can't be seen with them!"

"No, calm down, listen for a sec," She tried to protest, but he stopped her before she could open her mouth.

"Hear me out, you won't have to hang out with them, just be nice, no rude comments or anything, you hear?"

"Yes," she sighed.

"And the most important part, you listen?"

She nodded.

"Make sure Buffy knows, convince her that she's not a part of their world, that she belongs with us."

"Sheesh, you make it sound she has to choose between 'Good and Evil' or something."

"Look, Cordelia, stay on track. Today after school I expect to see the both of you at the mall shopping happily like the gal pals you'll be at the end of the day."

"I don't follow, Angel, what does me taking Buffy shopping have anything to do with....."

"Shh......." he interrupted, "not so loud."

"Ok, now would you say that she'd fit in well with you and your friends?"

"No, not without some improvement," she said, her arms now folded. She was starting to get impatient.

"By next Monday she will."

"What, wait, why my group?"

"Cordelia, this is starting to get really embarrassing for you, why do you think. Your group, huh? Because you're the most popular."

"You know, I think I get it now."

"It's about time, overlooking the fact that I already explained it to you like a million times."

"You want her to become popular so she'll ditch her new friends so that..."

"When I break her heart in front of everyone, her friends - her real friends 'Rosenberg and Harris' will be so mad that they won't care how much pain she's in, then you and your friends can ditch her, see how she likes it."

"You know what, Angel........I'm never gonna piss you off," she said, admiring the way his mind worked.

"Ok, I'm ready, how do I look?" she asked.

"What does it matter?"

"Girl's gotta look her best."

"You know you look fine, now go get em tiger," he said, giving her chin a playful punch.

"Yeah, right, like I'd be a tiger," she said as she headed off in the direction where Willow, Xander, Spike and Buffy were seated.

"Oh great," Willow sighed.

"Oh great? What oh great now?" Buffy asked.

"Here comes Queen C, here to....." She stopped herself and looked over at Spike, who didn't notice. She couldn't admit right in front of him that she and Xander hated their teasing, even though he was never the one to do it, but he was friends with Angel and I bet they'd get a kick out the fact that their lame jokes annoyed them. If Angel knew that then he'd be at it non-stop. I bet Spike would do that, too, run and tell Angel everything we said today. Well, I'm not gonna give him anything to open his mouth about. Why is Spike here anyway? He is friends with Angel; he was there the other day when Buffy told him off.....in...front...of...all..his...friends, Oh my god this can't be good, I bet Angel's in full revenge mode, and I bet Spike's helping...' Willow thought to herself.

Buffy turned to see who she was talking about, and she recognized all to well who it was.

"Hey guys," Cordelia said cheerfully as she approached the table.

"Oh great, it's the queen of the underworld," Xander mumbled as he stuffed his face with macaroni.

It took all Cordelia had not to say something back to him, cause' god knows she had comebacks rolling off her tongue at any given point.....but she remembered what Angel said, 'Had to be nice to them', and if she was gonna do this, which she was, it had and was going to be done right!

Tbc...