Author's Chapter Notes:
I know its been a while since I've updated, but I'm back now! So, please review!
"I need to talk to Buffy for a sec," she said quickly as she darted her eyes into Buffy's direction.

"Uh, why?" Buffy asked.

"I just need......to......uh.....ask you about something, clothes wise."

'Is she making fun of me? This is the same girl that was in the mall the other day with the blond one. They were the two that were laughing at me, oddly enough. She doesn't even know me and yet she know's my name and wants 'help' with a clothes problem, she doesn't strike me as the type of person that would ask for help in the fashion area,' Buffy thought.

"You want me....to help you?"

"Ah, yeah," Cordelia replied, hoping she was convincing enough.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name," Buffy said, reminding her that she had no clue who she was, and yet there she stood. Probably not sure herself why she was there.

"Oh! Right, I'm Cordelia Chase."

"I'm Buffy, but apparently you know that, and you want my help with your clothes crisis?"

'Ok, obviously the clothes thing was not working, couldn't think of anything better could you? Obviously anyone in his or her right mind would know that I don't need any help in the Fashion area,' Cordelia thought as she realized Buffy was waiting for a response.

"Ok! You got me, it's not about clothes. Well sorta, but not for me, so can I please talk to you? Please, just a for a sec?"

"Ah, ok, sure I guess," Buffy said as she stood up from the table looking as confused as ever.

"Don't go anywhere guys, I'll be right back," she said as she followed Cordelia out into the hall.

"So what's up?" Buffy asked as Cordelia stopped and a turned to face her.

"It's you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, you," Cordelia quickly thought of to where this was going.

"Ok, what did I do?"

"It's just like I said, it's about clothes, your clothes."

Buffy quickly looked down at what she was wearing, and being completely offended she asked "What's wrong with them?"

"Oh, nothing, it's just....they scream Miss L.A. and......"

"Yeah, so?" Buffy interrupted her.

"Well, we want them to scream Miss Sunnydale."

"Is that it? Is that all you wanted to tell me, cause you know....."

"Just shut up for a sec," she said, cutting her off, "I'm going to help you."

"Maybe I don't want or need your help," Buffy said as she turned to walk away, but Cordelia grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Obviously you do........don't you want to be popular?"

Buffy had completely forgotten how desperately she had wanted that when she had first moved here, did she still want that? Did she miss it? Socializing with such a small crowd was indeed different, but was being popular really what she wanted here? She had a chance to be hidden in this school. But she had to admit that she loved the attention. Being popular was like her destiny, her calling, it was what she wanted. Who doesn't want lots of friends, right? But then there was Xander and Willow, they had hit it off right from the beginning. They bonded rather quickly, she felt like she had known them her entire life, she couldn't just blow them off to hang out with cool crowd, but couldn't she be friends with both? If she became popular wouldn't she have the power to make them popular too? And then there was Spike, who she was totally confused about. She had fit the pieces together all too clearly, Xander had said when they were at the mall that he had done a project with the most popular guys at school AND that he was one of the only ones that didn't make fun of him and Willow. She thought for sure she saw him there that day, but she only caught a glimpse, too busy telling off Angel. Then today in math class Xander said that they did a project a while back. Same project? Same guy? If Spike is the most popular guy at school, and as far as Willow puts it, they are so not the ones to be seen with. Then why? Why was he letting himself been seen with us? Her mind was rattled. She looked at Cordelia who to her surprise was waiting patiently for her to reply.

"What do you propose?"

"Have you got any plans for after school today?" Cordelia asked as she realized she was reeling her in.

"Uh, yeah, I think so," she lied once she realized that she might have to spend some time with Cordelia.

"Well cancel them, your going to the mall, with me, we're gonna find you an outfit that, well.....screams!"

"Screams, huh? Well I guess that would be o.k. but I just bought a bunch of new clothes the other day and......"

"It's on me! Just call me your welcome wagon."

'Ohh, she is so falling for it, I am so good at this' Cordelia told herself.

"Welcome wagon?" Buffy asked.

"Once we get you the perfect outfit, Buffy, you will so be in."

"Oh, um, o.k. Um, hey, maybe we could bring Willow to the mall with us and......."

"No, that wouldn't work," Cordelia, said quickly.

"O.k. well maybe after you're done whatever it is your doing to me, we could do her? I mean she has......."

"No, Buffy, you're lucky I'm helping you. I don't do it very often, I'm not usually a free agent you know."

"Well I could help her, you know, sorta like you're helping me."

"No, I don't think that would work, you see......"

"Cordelia! What are you trying to tell me? Cause just please get to your point!"

"It's just that Willow and Xander already have their place......but you, you just got here, you still have a chance."

"I'm not going to be mean to Xander and Willow, Cordelia, so if that's what you're implying then you can just count me out! Cause......"

"Hey! Hold on! I never said anything about being mean to anyone!"

Buffy thought for a moment.

"So, what time did you want me to meet you at the mall?" she said slowly.

"I'll give you a lift as soon as school lets out."

"Yeah, o.k. I guess," Buffy said, still a little unsure about this.

They both walked back into cafeteria. "Sit over at our table," Cordelia told her once she realized that Buffy was headed back over to her table, where Xander and Willow sat there waiting for her.

"No-thanks, I'm gonna go back over there," Buffy said as she pointed to her table and continued on her way.

"Hey guys," she said as she reclaimed her chair.

"Hey" Willow said.

"Hey, What did Queen C want?" Xander asked.

"Uh? Oh, nothing............Umm, guys? Where did Spike go?"

"Oh, he's over there talking to Angel," Willow told her as she pointed to where the two of them were seated.

"Yeah, he didn't stay long after you left," Xander said glancing to their direction.

"Oh," Buffy said, taking a quick look at Xander and then she turned her attention back to where Spike and Angel were.

"Spike, what the hell are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you and the freaks, what's with you being seen with them all day? Especially Buffy! You better not be trying to make this harder for me, Spike! Cause I swear to God if......."

"Angel, settle down. God you're such a drama queen," he rolled his eyes and slouched down in his chair.

"You need some one on the inside, some one SHE trusts, that would be me."

"She trusts you?"

"More then she does you."

"I see what you're playin at; you're right, I do need an inside man."

"Yeeahh," Spike said. He got to leave once he noticed Buffy had come back to the table across the room. But Angel stopped him.

"Spike, how do you and Buffy know each other?"

"Oh yeah......that," he said, sitting back down, he had to think of something quick.

"Well......waiting."

"For?"

"You know what for."

"Remind me," Spike said trying to buy his time.......and annoying Angel was always fun, especially for Spike.

"You. Buffy. How do you two bloody know each other?"

"Yeah. Bloody, like you could pull that off," Spike said chuckling.

"Spike! I'm not getting any younger!"

"Or older!"

"Spike, answer the question."

"How's about we go back to the previous topic."

"Why are you avoiding this?"

"All right peaches, wouldn't want you to get your panties in a twist. We met at the Bronze."

"Why couldn't you just say that?"

"Didn't want to."

"That wasn't a question that needed answering."

"Then why did you ask it?"

"I never.....I didn't.......Oh, god!" Angel said annoyed. He then started mumbling to himself, but Spike couldn't pick it out.

"Yeeah, riight," Spike said as he rose from his seated position, and headed back over towards Buffy.

Angel focused his attention to where the blond was seated.

"Seven days, my love," he whispered under his breath to her.

"Just seven days," he said as he continued to stare at her. Once more he whispered.

"Seven days."

Tbc..