“I just don’t understand how a girl your age can have so much stuff,” Spike said, grabbing a box from Willow’s car. She smiled sheepishly and shrugged.

“I have a lot of books,” she said quietly, getting a box. “I can’t thank you enough for helping me move in.”

“And I can’t thank you enough for moving in with her,” Spike replied, smiling as he watched Buffy walk outside and towards them. “At least I know she won’t be alone here anymore.” Buffy reached them and kissed his cheek before getting a box.

“What am I missing?” she asked curiously, looking between her friend and boyfriend.

“We’re just talking about how your roots are showing,” Spike lied, grinning at her. She looked at him indignantly, her jaw dropped.

“You’re one to talk, bleach boy,” she replied, glaring at him. He chuckled and headed for the house. She looked at Willow. “Does my hair really look that bad?”

“He was kidding,” Willow answered, smiling. “It looks perfect.” Buffy sighed and started to walk towards the house again. “So, are you excited to have me as a permanent fixture in your house as of today?”

“You have no idea,” Buffy said, smirking. “It’s going to be like a slumber party, only every single day.”

“Will there be a sexy pillow fight or two?” Spike asked as the girls walked inside. Buffy playfully punched his arm. “What? Can’t blame a bloke for asking.”

“I can blame you all I want, buster,” Buffy replied, walking up the stairs to Willow’s new room.

“I’m going to go get another box before getting us lunch,” Spike said, looking at Willow. “Want anything?”

“You’re really going above and beyond,” she said, smiling.

“Anything to make you girls happy,” he replied, smirking as Buffy began to walk downstairs.

“Are you coming on to my friend in my absence?” she asked, raising an eyebrow, amused.

“Just asking if we all could have a threesome sometime,” Spike answered, shrugging. Buffy instantly punched his arm again, but this time, he caught her wrist and brought her hand up to his mouth, kissing the back of it softly. “Stop hitting me.”

“I’ll stop hitting you when you stop making stupid jokes,” Buffy replied, smiling. He scowled playfully before kissing her temple and going to the door.

“That last one wasn’t a joke,” he said as he closed the door. Buffy looked at the now shut door and then at Willow.

“I have a feeling it’s going to be very interesting here,” Willow said, grinning as she went up to her room.

* * *

After they had finished moving all of Willow’s stuff in, Willow went to go meet up with Xander at the Espresso Pump while Spike went to his apartment to take a shower. Buffy was poking around in the attic when she heard the doorbell ring an hour later. She quickly made her way downstairs and to the door, nearly falling down the stairs in the process. She smiled when she was suddenly faced with Spike.

“Hi,” she said, raising an eyebrow when he extended a red rose to her. She took it and smelled it, grinning. “What’s this for?”

“For being so bloody perfect for me,” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist and gently kissing her. She smiled against his lips. “And I wanted to know if you’d like to go out to dinner with me tonight.”

“I’d love to,” she replied, heading towards the kitchen to put the rose in a vase. “Where to?”

“Doesn’t really matter, just as long as you’re with me,” he answered, smiling softly. “So, are you happy Red is living with you now?”

“Yeah,” she answered, getting a vase from a cabinet and filling it with water. “It’s nice to have her here.”

“I’d imagine it’s better than living in a house this size by yourself,” he said, sitting on the island in the center of the kitchen. “Having her around should make things more fun.”

“And we can have girls’ nights and watch chick flicks whenever we want,” she replied, smirking. “No boys allowed.” He faked hurt.

“You won’t let me be a part of watching sappy dramas and painting each others’ toenails?” he asked. She giggled and put the rose in the vase before walking over to him. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead. “I’m happy you’re not alone here, luv.”

“Even though I suspect you still don’t think I’m safe,” she said, looking into his eyes. “Right?”

“Of course not,” he answered. “I feel a little better about it because she’s here, but if Lindsey ever came back-”

“Lindsey’s locked up, Spike,” she cut in. “He’s going to be for a while.”

“Which is a lovely thought, but even so, I don’t want to risk your safety anymore,” he said. “Not yours and not Red’s.” She sighed and looked down. “I could offer my services as a permanent bodyguard here.” She laughed and looked at him.

“Are you saying you want to move in?” she asked, and he nodded. “You’re just inviting yourself into my home?” He frowned. “Dad will flip out.”

“So I can?” he asked, grinning. She nodded and smiled when he kissed her, cupping her cheeks. “I love you.” Her eyes widened as she looked into his, seeing how sincere he was. “You don’t have to say it back- I just wanted to tell you that.” She leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss to his lips before grazing his cheek.

“I love you, too, William,” she said quietly. He wrapped his arms around her and embraced her tightly.

“Do you think Red will mind a man in living in the house with you two?” he asked, running his hand over her hair.

“She’ll get over it,” Buffy answered, shrugging. “She doesn’t really have a choice- it’s my house.” He chuckled and got down from the island before pulling her flush up against him. She nuzzled her face against his chest.

“Do you think one day it will be our house?” he asked curiously, looking at her with a soft expression.

“You know, I kind of hope so,” she answered before he kissed her again.