"That son of a bitch!" Buffy cursed under her breath. It was the first time she had spoken since they'd gotten into the car.

William glanced at her briefly, slightly startled, then turned his eyes back to the road. "Uh, hope that's not me you're referring to," He teased, half-heartedly trying to lighten the mood.

Buffy didn't reply. Instead, she shook her head slowly and worked her bottom lip between her teeth, deep in thought.

"You want to talk about it, luv?" William prompted.

Buffy looked at him then, taking a moment to admire his profile, strong jaw and concave cheeks which looked even more well-defined in the shadows of night. His chiseled features were illuminated as the soft glow of street lamps swept across the windshield, before they passed the source of light, once again cloaking them in darkness.

Buffy cleared her throat and began to recount her tale.

"When I spoke to my father - aside from meeting his slutty new fiancee . . . ." William snorted in amusement, "I also realized something," She continued, ignoring the interrruption. "Hank, uh, asked if you were back from England, and it didn't dawn on me until later, but I never told him you were there in the first place. And, aside from Willow and Xander, there was only one other person who I'd told . . . . And I realized that must mean . . . I, uh - I think Angel knows my father."

"Huh?!" William jerked his head in her direction, his mouth agape as he absorbed this new bit of information. It was then that Buffy saw head lights coming down the road ahead of them, and for a moment she panicked.

"Will, watch the road!" Buffy ordered, horrified as flashbacks of her own accident flitted through her mind.

William obeyed, though he still cast curious sidelong glances at her out of the corner of his eye, and they safely passed the oncoming vehicle without incident.

After a moment, Buffy spoke again.

"Angel told me before that his dad owned some big law firm. And he had this big black briefcase, with the letters WH embroidered on it, and I didn't put two and two together until just now, because - I mean, his checks were signed Angel McCarthy, but from what I recall Wolfram and Hart was bought out right from under the original owners, and I'll lay money it was sold to some old tycoon with the last name of McCarthy. At least, I'm pretty sure Angel's father is Hank's boss. Angel could work there too for all I know, but either way he knows my father . . . He must - or, at least, they must have been talking about me for some reason. I don't know why, or what about, but it all seems to make sense." As she finished, she cast a hesitant glance in William's direction and awaited his response. He looked pensive, his face mostly impassive, until he suddenly did the last thing Buffy expected him to do.

He slammed on the brakes.

Buffy jerked slightly forward, looking at him in confusion and shock as they came to a dead stop.

"Will, what are you doing?!" She demanded.

She watched as he made a quick three point turn, speeding back down the road in the direction wence they had come.

"I'm going back there to give your slime ball father a piece of my mind," He explained matter of factly, his face grim with determination. "Have myself a nice rough-and -tumble."

Buffy knitted her eyebrows.

"Will, don't do this." She protested, placing a hand over his when she noticed his knuckles were white from clutching the stick shift so tightly. "We can't just jump to conclusions, I'm - we don't know exactly how Angel and Hank are involved, or if they even work together for that matter. . .and - I have no real proof of any of this, really. Nothing solid, at least," She gently rubbed the back of his hand, attempting to coax a response from him, "Besides," She continued, "Hank and his barbie doll probably left The Bronze already anyway. He's a lawyer, for God's sakes. Doesn't exactly scream 'party animal'."

Without answering, William surprised her once again by pulling to the side of the road, putting the car in park, and turning to face her. "Bollocks," He shook his head as he began to speak, "Don't you get it, Buffy? Whether or not they actually work together is heresay. The bottom line is that Angel's father is your dad's boss. So Hank, being the materialistic bastard that he is, will of course cooperate in any way that he can with the boss's son, kiss a little nancy boy arse to keep him from whining to daddy." He glanced pointedly at Buffy to make sure she was comprehending all he had to say. He continued, "It's fairly obvious your dad's been playing along with Angel's little games to save his own sorry arse from being fired."

"But maybe Hank doesn't know Angel is stalking me," Buffy interrupted, trying to give her father the benefit of the doubt, though her words seemed hollow even to her, "Maybe he just thought-"

William cut her off.

"Or maybe he just doesn't want to know, turns his head from whatever Angel wants to do," William sighed and quickly amended his words when he noticed the slightly alarmed look on Buffy's face. "But that's besides the point . . . . Look, whether he knows or not doesn't make much difference. Either way, it only proves that he cares more about his job than his own daughter. The wanker." Will's jaw was clenched tightly as he ended his tirade, looking at a wide eyed buffy.

"Will, we still can't know this for sure-" Buffy began weakly, though she knew in her heart what he said was true. She didn't even know why she was attempting to defend her loathsome father, other than for the sheer fact that, no matter how you slice it, the truth still hurts.

William reached for her hand and squeezed it gently in a show of support, instinctively knowing that, despite her words of protest, she realized the truth. When she spoke again, her voice sounded tiny and feeble as tears sprang to her eyes for what felt like the hundreth time that night.

"Tonight, I finally said everything I've been wanting to tell him. How much I hated him for abandoning me and mom, for not being there, " Buffy swallowed against the rising lump in her throat, "I told him he was dead to me. But I guess I finally figured out how naive I am, because it wasn't until tonight that I realized . . . .All those years that I waited for him, holding onto some obscure shred of hope that he would eventually come around, or give me some sign that he cared - and all along, I was really dead to him."

Sighing loudly, she drew in another deep, shaky breath, "I guess I'd always known, deep down, that it was true. But I could never quite bring myself to admit it. . . . My own father can't love me. And as much as I hate him for what he did, it still hurts, you know?"

She cast her gaze down towards her lap and looked so lost and insecure that William couldn't stop himself from reaching over to unbuckle Buffy's seatbelt, sliding her towards him across the bench seat of the DeSoto and into his arms.

He cradled her against him. His chin came to rest atop her head, feeling warm moisture seeping through his shirt as Buffy cried silently, her face nestled against his solid chest. William stroked her hair tenderly as he held her.

"Your father's a soddin' idiot, Buffy. He's never cared about anyone but himself," Will stated, shaking his head, "Because you are the most amazing woman I've ever known, and he's a fool to have given you up. Both you and your mum."

Buffy's silent sobs had dwindled, her body still as she continued to cling to him, arms tightly encircling his waist while he rubbed her back soothingly. Small, smooth circles. His gentle motions seemed to relax her a bit.

Buffy had her head buried in his neck now, her cheek nuzzling smooth flesh, and she felt the vibrations in his throat as he began to speak again, tickling her ear.

"He had a great thing right under his nose. A beautiful family, and he gave it up," He continued, "I can't even begin to fathom why, either. I'll never understand how he could walk away from it all, without even so much as looking back." A small sigh escaped his lips.

"All I can conclude is that he doesn't know what love is. So he placates himself with various women, money, flashy cars . . . . but he'll never be truly happy. He'll die a lonely, bitter old man because he gave up the one thing he had going for him in this life - his family." William paused, casting his gaze upon Buffy.

"Yet while I hate the ponce and want to beat him to a bloody pulp, there's a part of me that still wants to thank him. . . . .Because he brought you into this world." Fresh sobs emanated from Buffy as he finished his speech, only this time they weren't tears of shame or hurt.

Buffy secretly wondered how she had gotten so lucky. What had she done to deserve such a compassionate, wonderful man as William? Her William.

Lifting her head, she looked into those intense blue eyes, knowing she must look a mess from the mascara running down her face. But she didn't care, because she knew William wouldn't either. Buffy leaned forward to brush her lips against his, tenderly, and he could taste the salt of her tears. She rested her forehead against his.

"Make love to me, William," She whispered against his lips, slowly opening her eyes to guage his reaction, and finding question in his blue depths.

"Here? Now?" He inquired, barely audibly as he indicated their surroundings. They were still in the DeSoto, and only a few minute's drive from home. He became instantly aroused by her words, though he desperately tried to control himself, not knowing if it would be wise for anything to happen under such circumstances. Though as he searched her emerald eyes he felt his resolve crumbling by the second.

Buffy simply nodded, her mind clearly made up. "Please," She begged softly, her warm breath tickling his cheek. He didn't respond, merely let her take the lead, and as she shifted in her seat to reach for the zipper of his jeans, he knew he was done for.

The metallic clang of a zipper being opened cut through the heavy silence of night. William's breathing became increasingly shallow, and he sucked in a sharp breath when he felt her fingers encircle his straining erection. He moaned as he felt her begin to move her warm hand up and down his hardened length, providing the perfect amount of pressure and friction.

"Buffy," He rasped, adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed, hard.

Buffy looked up at him, a slightly triumphant smile playing upon her lips when she saw his eyes glazed over with pleasure.

Licking her lips, she continued to stroke him while slowly lowering her head towards his lap, only making it halfway when William suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders to halt her movements. She raised her head in confusion.

"At this rate, I won't last 5 minutes," He explained, his voice husky, if not slightly hoarse. Buffy simply nodded in understanding, removing her hand from within his jeans.

She then pushed both her hands up underneath his black t-shirt, skimming over his sculpted abs in such a way that it sent shivers coursing throughout his body. Grabbing the bottom of his shirt, she helped him lift it over his head, bending down to pepper feather light kisses across his chest and feeling him tremble slightly beneath her touch.

When she felt him pulling at the soft fabric of her own shirt, she halted her ministrations and lifted her arms, allowing him to remove the offending article of clothing. William made quick work of her bra, carelessly tossing it aside as his eyes feasted upon her exposed breasts. His hand weaved through her hair, gripping the back of her head and crushing his lips to hers in a greedy, passionate and consuming kiss. He caught her bottom lip between his teeth just as his hands ghosted over her bare breasts, earning a soft mewl from Buffy.

Abruptly, he pulled away from the kiss, his mouth immediately occupying itself by trailing burning kisses down her throat. He started just beneath her jaw where her pulse jumped wildly, his tongue darting out to taste her heated skin, pausing to nibble at her collarbone and moving downward until he reached the soft curve of her breast. Buffy gasped when he unexpectantly sucked a nipple into his mouth, the sensation driving her wild, and when he pulled the hardened pebble between his teeth, applying a gentle, teasing bite, Buffy jolted against him in surprise and pleasure.

"Now!" She exclaimed, hands working frantically to unbutton his jeans and push them down as far as she could reach in the tight confines of the car. Maneuvering herself so she straddled his lap, she hiked her short skirt up, locked eyes with William and then slowly, slowly, sank down onto him, until he was buried to the hilt. A sigh of mutual satisfaction and pleasure escaped both their lips.

And Buffy realized she had never felt so full, so complete, or so loved as she did in that very moment.



She leaned forward, tracing her tongue over his slightly parted lips as she began to move. First with an experimental rocking of her hips, slowly, side to side, wanting to feel every inch of him.



"Feels so good," She murmured against his mouth.



Then, without warning, William suddenly jerked his hips upward, penetrating even deeper into her core.



"Yes . . ." He breathed, swallowing Buffy's screams with another searing kiss.



Buffy wrapped her arms tighter around his neck as they began to move together, setting a steady rhythm, a timeless dance that grew increasingly frantic with their heightened desires. When she came down, he thrust his hips upward, plunging in and out of her welcoming depths with abandon. Buffy mewled and whimpered, William's moans intermingling with hers. His hands moved to her hips, helping to guide her movements, fingers digging into her smooth flesh as he slammed her down onto him with more force, their pace gaining more momentum.



When he felt Buffy's inner muscles begin to flutter around him, he became desperate in his need for release. Reaching between them, his fingers probed her slick folds, expertly finding the swollen bundle of nerves and rubbing fiercely to help her along. Her nails bit into his back and she cried out.



"Oh, God! William!"



Buffy climaxed almost instantly upon his touch, her inner walls clamping around him like a vice, and with one final thrust he obtained his own ecstacy, once again claiming her mouth in a hungry kiss while he emptied himself deep inside of her. Buffy collapsed against him, completely spent, and buried her head in his shoulder. They both remained unmoving, still intimately joined as they attempted to recover.

After countless minutes of silence, William was finally able to muster the words to speak.

"Well, looks like we finally christened the DeSoto," He remarked, still slightly breathless.

Buffy lifted her head to look at him. "You mean we've never done it in the car before now?" She asked, slightly surprised when she realized he was right.

He nodded. "And there goes our reputation." When Buffy chuckled, he smiled brightly at her and tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "Knew I could get a grin."

Buffy returned the smile whole-heartedly, her spirits finally having been lifted after the dreadful encounter with her father.

"I love you." She stated. Three simple, yet powerful words.

"Love you, too," William returned without hesitation, planting an affectionate kiss on the bridge of her nose.

"Now," He said once he pulled back, "Let's go home."






A/N: Ok, so I upped this chapter to NC-17 . . . what'd ya think? I'm not all that great with the sex scenes, but I wanted this chapter to have some nice spuffy-lovin because most likely the next few chapters won't involve much at all. We have a confrontation coming up (yes, Angel will definately be making an appearance), and there's bound to be some drama (we may see some of William/Spike's faults come into play) . . . so it may be a bit of a bumpy ride. But please keep the faith, and keep reading :)
Anyway, I just wanted to say that the reviews for the last chapter were awesome! (*Does Snoopy dance*) Thanks so much to everyone who reviewed: shelly, ace, Kimber, PK, Caitie, B, Brat, blondiebear, Bint, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Sevvy_O. Love you guys!
~Jess :)