Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to: lacey, Brat, shelly, Caitie, Bint, and BuffyandSpikeForever for your reviews! :-)
Buffy awoke feeling completely refreshed and revived. The sun streamed brightly through the window, shining on her face and warming her from the inside out. It was the start of a brand new day, and what felt like the start of a brand new life.

Buffy turned over, smiling as she heard William mumble something incoherent in his sleep. One arm was carelessly thrown across her hip, the other arm bunched up into the pillow. His hair was disheveled and sticking up in various places, mussed from their passionate night of love-making. He looked so boyish when he slept, almost innocent, yet strong. And in Buffy’s eyes he looked incredibly sexy. Though, he also looked like he’d just passed out and could sleep straight through another week, as the past few days had been tiring, both emotionally and physically.

She leaned forward to place a feather light kiss on his forehead. Then, being very careful not to wake him, she slid out from under his arm and rolled out of bed. Standing up, she stretched and located her robe so she didn’t have to walk around the apartment stark naked, then she headed to the kitchen in order to make her and William some coffee.

Humming gleefully as she prepared the coffee, Buffy stopped abruptly, a wave of nausea making her pale visibly while she clutched at the counter top.

‘What the…’

Suddenly, she was startled by a pair of muscled arms that wrapped around her middle, pulling her flush against a hard, warm body. Buffy jumped but instantly relaxed when she remembered to whom the arms belonged. As her hair was brushed aside, Buffy felt a warm, moist pair of lips pressed against that particular spot on the back of her neck, and she couldn’t help the shudder that coursed through her body. Though, try as she might, she still couldn’t shake the feeling of nausea that continued to plague her.

William loosened the robe around her neck, pushing the material slightly further down her shoulder on one side in order to expose more skin. Bending down, he placed another gentle kiss on the soft curve of her neck.

“Thought you could sneak away from me, pet?” William’s voice purred in her ear when his lips abandoned their ministrations.

“Just got up to make us some coffee,” Buffy explained weakly, her eyes closed as she fought another wave of dizziness.

William noticed that something didn’t sound right in her voice, and he gently turned her around to face him. Noticing how pale she looked, his eyebrows wrinkled in concern.

“You feeling alright, kitten?” He asked, instinctively pressing the back of his hand to her forehead to feel for a fever.

“Just a little dizzy,” Buffy assured him, “I’ll be fine.”

He lowered his hand.

“You sure?” Buffy nodded.

“Well, at least sit down for now and I’ll finish making the coffee,” He suggested, and Buffy obeyed, momentarily too weak to protest.

Pulling out a chair for her, William waited until she was seated at the table, then bent down to give her an affectionate kiss on the side of her head. Buffy smiled up at him, feeling slightly better while she was sitting.

But when William turned to resume the task of making the coffee, Buffy suddenly thought of something. Instinctively, she clutched at her stomach and looked downwards in slight dismay. Why hadn’t the thought occurred to her before?

Could it possibly be?

Standing again on shaky legs, Buffy turned towards the bathroom.

“Uh, Will, I’m gonna go take a shower, k?” Without waiting for a reply, she breezed past him and out of the kitchen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Honey, I’m home!” William called out as he opened the apartment door. Buffy had sent him to the store to get a few things, saying she needed him out of the house for a little while. William’s curiosity had peaked when she’d abruptly shooed him out the door, and now, as he entered the bedroom, he understood her previous haste to get him out of the apartment.

Spread across the dresser was a handful of lit candles, the flames casting shadows that danced across the ceiling and walls and effectively set a romantic ambience. And Buffy was…

William’s mouth went dry when he saw her. She was lying provocatively in the middle of the bed, propped up on her elbows with one leg bent at the knee, wearing nothing sans a red lace bra and matching panties, which she knew were his favorite.

Grinning at his speechless reaction, Buffy beckoned to him with her finger.

“C’mere, handsome.” With those words, William seemed to snap out of his daze, finally finding his voice again. He approached her, or rather, stalked her in such a way it made Buffy’s heart skip a beat, the suggestive smirk on his face sending a little shiver of anticipation down her spine.

“Hello, gorgeous,” He said as he stopped at the foot of the bed, cocking a brow as he gazed at her body lustfully. Putting a knee on the edge of the bed, he leaned forward and crawled towards her, slowly, holding her gaze the whole time until he was finally on top of her and looking down into her face.

“Not that I’m complaining, but what’s the occasion, pet?”

Buffy laced her fingers behind his neck, looking deeply into his eyes.

“Us,” She responded simply, drawing him closer until her lips met his in a tender kiss that immediately escalated into something more passionate and consuming, going on and on until Buffy was forced to pull away in need of oxygen.

She kissed his chin, his nose, his cheek, before letting her lips glide to his ear, gently caressing the lobe as she spoke.

“All of us,” She whispered breathlessly.

William pulled back with a confused expression.

“All of us?” He repeated. It was only when Buffy guided his hand to rest on her stomach that realization spread across his features. His mouth opened, then closed, then opened again.

“You’re?...”

Buffy nodded slowly, trying to gauge his reaction.

“I’m pregnant.”

Those words hung heavily in the air as Will refrained from responding, his face an expressionless mask, much like the last time.

Buffy frowned slightly and brought her hands to either side of his face, finally gaining his attention.

“Hey, you in there?” She asked softly, caressing his cheekbone tenderly.

When he met her eyes, it was then that she saw the tears glistening, threatening to spill over, making the sparkling blue even more intense in the candlelight.

“I’m just afraid to get too excited,” He explained, “Because last time…”

“Shhh….” Buffy held a finger to his lips. “That was then…”

She kissed away a lone tear that had escaped down his cheek. Then, smiling, she pulled back again to look at him.

“This is now.”

As William absorbed her words, a smile slowly appeared on his lips that grew and grew into full on grin until suddenly, his mouth was attacking Buffy’s in his new state of euphoria.

“Mmmm” Buffy wrapped her arms tightly around his neck as his tongue brushed against hers, and before she knew what was happening he had rolled them both over so that she was on top. Automatically, she parted her legs in order to straddle his hips and instantly moaned at the feeling of the hardness grinding into her sensitive mound. She bucked forward slightly, rubbing against his covered erection and eliciting a low moan from deep in his throat.

She made quick work of his clothes, wasting no time as she pushed his pants down, moved her panties aside and impaled herself on him, taking him all the way in. He looked at her with amazement, through eyes hooded over with pure pleasure. His hands reached out to cup her breasts, to palm them in his hand as he rubbed the nipples into hardened little peaks. Buffy gasped and mewled as she continued to ride him, letting her hands move from where they’d been braced on his chest, to rest over his hands that now fondled her breasts, and hold them there. But suddenly, he began to move lower. His fingertips brushed her skin, raising goose bumps in their wake until they came to a halt over her stomach. He flattened his palm over the smooth flesh and let his thumb trace little circles. Buffy noticed his reaction, and slowed up her pace as he looked at her.

“I love you,” William said huskily, his breath coming out in short spurts.

Suddenly, he sat up, threading his fingers through her hair and smashing his mouth to hers. He rocked slowly from side to side, gently caressing her inner walls, before jerking his hips upward, the new angle of penetration making it such that he could hit the sweet spot deep inside of her.

Upon hearing her moan, he broke off the kiss, grinning.

“Like that, baby?”

But before she even had a chance to respond, she was riding out the wave of a very intense orgasm and, upon feeling the telltale clenching of her internal muscles, William quickly flipped them over again. He pinned her beneath him and drove into her with more force in his quest for release. Pumping faster, faster, he came inside of her furiously, spurting stream after stream until he was finally spent and collapsed on top of her, lifeless.

After a moment, however, he caught himself and rolled to the side, afraid of crushing her and hurting the baby.

‘”That was then, this is now…”’ Buffy’s words echoed in his head as he held her in his arms, watching as she drifted off to sleep.

And as William felt himself start to nod off with her, he thanked whoever was listening for giving him a second chance.


A/N: Ok, well, that’s the end! I’m sad to see this story coming to a close, but I am excited, because this is officially my first completed long fic! Yep, plus this was my first AU story, so I’m glad that it got the good response that it did. Well, hopefully this ending isn’t too sappy, but I just wanted the ending to be romantic and optimistic. So, Buffy’s pregnant, which is good, right? And look, I even managed to squeeze in another sex scene! Hope ya like it ;) ….. Anyway, there is an epilogue coming up, so stay tuned for that to be posted soon. Thanks again to everyone who’s been reading and reviewing this story – luv u guys! *muah!* ~Jess :-)