A/N: This update is dedicated to dreamgirl4eva, who suggested the song used in this chapter, “Little Rock” by Colin Raye. I listened to it and actually liked it a lot, and the lyrics are great, so thanks again dreamgirl4eva! :)






William’s eyelids fluttered open as he awoke, his line of vision blocked by the curtain of golden hair his face was nestled against. For the second time since he’d been back, he woke up next to Buffy, and he was loving that fact. Smiling to himself, he nuzzled the back of her head with his nose ever so gently as he breathed in her scent. Vanilla and strawberries, always the same, as long as he could remember. The scent was intoxicating to him. All those nights he spent in England, in a cold, lonely bed where every moment he longed to breath her in, touch her, taste her sweet lips, hear her laugh. Whenever they talked on the phone, it seemed like they were in two different worlds, at two opposite ends of the universe, every mile feeling like a thousand lifetimes away.

And now Buffy was finally in his arms again, back where she belonged, and the dreams William had for all those long, lonely months were finally a reality once again. He was home, complete. More than anything in the world, he wanted things to work out between them, to start a family, to live as they had always envisioned they would.

William pressed a soft kiss to her temple as he watched her sleep, her face peaceful and relaxed, her hair strewn about her shoulders like a golden halo. His angel. He’d die first before he let anyone hurt her, and he’d stop at nothing to protect her, even if it involved killing that wanker Angel. Whatever it took to keep her safe, he'd do it.

He tightened his arms possessively around her as she shifted closer to him in her sleep, her small body molded against his, and he tried to ignore the irritating cramp in his neck, the result of spending the night in the small confines of the couch. After dinner, they had fallen asleep together watching Return to Me, one of Buffy’s favorite movies.

Glancing at the clock hanging on the far wall and realizing it was well past 10, William stroked his fingers down Buffy’s cheek, trying to gently rouse her from sleep.

“Buffy, luv, wake up,’ He half whispered, receiving no response from Buffy. An evil grin appeared on his face as he remembered the best way to wake her up. Taking a section of her golden hair between his fingers, he clasped the silky strands and held them up under her nose, brushing them back and forth in a tickling motion. Smirking when he saw her wiggle her cute little nose and a frown crease her features in her sleep, he paused for a brief second before continuing his ministrations, sweeping the section of hair over her closed eyelids, her top lip and under her nose. After several moments of this, he heard Buffy draw in a sharp breath, almost a half snort as her eyes flew open to see William leaning over her with a mischievous grin on his handsome face.

“Hey,” She pouted, voice still thick with grogginess, “No fair.”

Without answering, William bent down and kissed that pout off her face. “It’s almost 11, pet. We need to get going so I can move in here good and proper before we meet Willow and Xander tonight,” He explained.

“OK,” Buffy simply said in agreement, yawning widely as she did so. William chuckled and planted a kiss on the side of her head, then gave her a playful smack on the bottom.

“Now go,” He ordered, his tone light and amused.

Buffy pouted again. “Alright, alright, I’m going,” She grumbled, twisting her head to plant a chaste kiss on his lips before reluctantly dragging herself to her feet and out of the warm and welcoming haven of William’s arms.



~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“Aww, I love this picture! I didn’t know you still had it,” Buffy commented as she continued to help William unpack his things, pausing to skim her fingers over the gold frame that encased the picture. They had already returned from Clem’s, managing to make it in one trip since William didn’t have many belongings. There were a couple bags filled with clothes, and a few small boxes filled with the everyday essentials along with a few knick-knacks and personal items that held sentimental value, which included the picture Buffy had inquired about.

He crept up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder to peer at the framed photograph cradled in her small hands. It was a picture that Willow had taken of the two of them, a few short days after he had proposed. They had been running down the beach barefoot, kicking sand at each other and laughing like little kids when he had swept her up into his arms and threatened to drop her into the chilly ocean water, Buffy clinging to him and shrieking with terror and glee the whole time. They both looked content, like there wasn’t a single care outside of their own private little world. A golden moment between two lovers captured on film, not posed or forced, but completely natural and spontaneous, which always seems to make for the best pictures.

Smiling fondly, William nuzzled his cheek against the side of Buffy’s head and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist.

“Yeah, I kept that one with me,” He explained, “Right next to my bed. It’s what kept me going every day, knowing I was coming home to you.” A comfortable and contented silence followed in the wake of his words, Buffy finally responding by soundlessly bringing a hand up to his neck and turning her head to capture his lips in a tender kiss. Then, she disentangled herself from his arms and walked over to the nightstand beside the bed where she carefully placed the frame.

“Then it stays right here from now on,” She stated after a moment, taking a small step back and turning to face William again. “OK, I think you’re officially moved back in now.” Grinning, she moved to William’s side and slipped an arm around his lean waist.

“Wait, there’s one more thing,” William suddenly declared. Buffy raised an eyebrow in question. “Don’t move. I’ll be right back.” Then, with a conspiratorial wink, he was out the door.

He returned a few minutes later carrying a large black case. A look of confusion marred Buffy’s features as she eyed the case suspiciously until recognition finally set in.

“Will, is that a guitar?” She inquired, hands resting on her hips. He grinned and nodded.

“It belonged to Da’, actually,” He responded, “I started taking it up while I was away. It was a kind of release for me.” He paused to set the case carefully on the bed and opened it, withdrawing a shiny black guitar from inside.

“Play me something?”

William turned to face her.

“I’m not very good,” He protested, but seeing her lower lip jutted out in a pout, he shook his head in defeat, automatically feeling himself caving in to her request. “Alright, no need to pout, you silly bint.” Chuckling, she stuck her tongue out at him in response as William continued speaking. “I’ll play something for you. But ONLY you. This is something I did in private. And if you laugh-“ He pointed an accusatory finger at her, “Then you bloody well better put a stake in me.”

Buffy grinned and flopped down on the bed. “I’d never do that, sweetie. I promise I’ll be good,” She said innocently, patting the space next to her on the edge of the bed.

William sat where she had indicated and slipped the strap around his shoulder, then paused to tighten a couple strings and strum a few random chords. Buffy waiting patiently until he finished tuning the guitar to his satisfaction.

“Ok, I’ll play a song that I listened to a lot while I was away. It – uh – kind of resonated with me . . . . . it, explains a lot of what I was feeling at the time,” Shifting slightly on the bed to make himself more comfortable, “So, anyway, here goes.”

Clearing his throat, he began to strum a few simple chords, setting a slow, melodic rhythm that steadily filled the room. His clear, warm tone soon accompanied the notes floating from the instrument as he began to sing.



"Well I know I've disappeared a time or two
And along the way I lost me and you

I haven't had a drink in 19 days
My eyes are clear and bright without that haze"




Buffy swayed her head in time to the music, letting the lyrics wash over her as she listened intently. She smiled, noticing how cute William looked as he wrinkled his brow in concentration, suddenly finding her significant other even more sexy if at all possible as she realized the extent of his talent. She had heard him sing before, and always knew he had a good voice. But when he added the guitar to accompany his vocals it was as though he was off in his own little musical world, and it was incredible for her to watch, especially knowing how quickly he had learned to play.




"I think I'm on a roll here in Little Rock
I'm solid as a stone baby wait and see
I've got just one small problem here in Little Rock
Without you, baby I'm not me"





He turned his head and smiled at her as he sang those words, his bright blue eyes soulful and intense. In response, Buffy skimmed a hand down his back, lightly caressing him so as not to distract him, but to let him know that she was there, that she was listening, and that she felt it too.




"I don't know why I kept it all inside
You must've thought I never even tried

Lyin' here upon this motel bed
My thoughts of you explode inside my head
And like a castle built upon the sand
I let love crumble in my hands"





Her vision started to blur with tears as she thought of how many nights she herself felt that same exact way, often fearing that she had lost her Love for good because of how she had kept everything inside, for far too long.




"I think I'm on a roll here in Little Rock
I'm solid as a stone baby wait and see
I got just one small problem here in Little Rock
Without you, baby I'm not me"





He met her gaze as he sang the last line, his voice rich with emotion, Buffy’s own eyes misting over as he finished.




"Wthout you, baby I'm not me"




William pulled the strap over his head and set the guitar aside, anxiously awaiting Buffy’s response, but she remained silent, her face pensive. He swallowed and cleared his throat loudly.

“Well, I know England isn’t exactly Little Rock, but I thought the lyrics were fitting just the same,” He tried to prompt her to speak, nudging her lightly with his shoulder in an almost teasing manner.

Before he knew what was happening, he was lying flat on his back, having been pounced on by a very turned-on Buffy. She sprawled out on top of him, planting gentle kisses all over his face. William chuckled at her antics. “I take it you liked the song, then.” A look of incredulity was apparent in Buffy’s eyes when she met his gaze.

“Oh, Will, it was – it was beautiful,” She stated sincerely. Grinning devilishly, she bent down to nip as his throat, leaving a hot trail of kisses which earned a low moan from William. Suddenly, all thoughts of self-control and taking things slowly flew out the window as she straddled him on the bed. Their bed.

“I must say,” She murmured between kisses, “That hearing you play the guitar,” Kiss, “And singing,” Kiss, “Is very,” Kiss, “Very sexy.” She whispered those last words right into his ear, gently nibbling on his lobe as she did so.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking, “That so?”

Buffy merely nodded and writhed against him in response, twining her fingers through his hair. William closed his eyes and shivered with desire, losing himself in the sensations. Warm, hot Buffy on top of him, kissing him. This was the life.

His eyes flew open when the amazing sensations ceased as he felt Buffy suddenly move away from him.

“Hey!” He protested, lifting his head off the bed to see what exactly she was doing.

She flashed him another evil grin and shrugged her shoulders, eyes wide with mock innocence. “Time to get ready to meet Xander and Willow,” She stated matter-of-factly.

“You little minx,” He growled, darting after a squealing Buffy as she fled the room, their wild laughter echoing throughout the cozy apartment.

The apartment that was once again home to both of them.










A/N: Sorry for the lack of update. My college professors seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against me lately, LOL. Work, work, tests, tests. ARG! Anyway, I hope you guys are still enjoying this story. Just to clarify a few things – so now Buffy and William are officially living together again, next chapter they go to meet Willow and Xander at the Bronze (where maybe something sinister is lurking? Or maybe I’m bluffing . . . . *evil laugh*), and we have definitely not heard the last from Angel.

And also special thanks to everyone who reviewed - Kimber, Sevvy_O, Caitie, Bint, melissa, and brat. I really appreciate all the reviews. Please keep them coming, let me know what ya think! Pretty Please? :)