Chapter 2



The evening of the race.

Buffy was checking the statutory requirements for the race, ticking them off as Spike read them out:

“Water bottles, 5 x 2 litre”

“Three, four five, check”

“Blankets, two thick heavy, one light”

“One, two and one, check”

“Emergency rations consisting of Chocolate, glucose drink and boiled candy sweets”

“Got the yummies, yup”

“First aid kit”

“Check”

“Spare tyre with all wheel changing paraphernalia”

“Um…tyre, wrench, small ramp and foot pump, check”

“And the spare fuel can – that’s it then, we’re all-“

“No”

“No? – No what”

“We can’t have it. The rules state that under no circumstances are we to carry spare fuel, we HAVE to stop at designated pit stops if we need gas”

“Sod the rules!”

“Look, they check the cars beforehand, and it says here, and I quote:
‘Any competitors not adhering to the stick guidelines of the Race rules are liable for disqualification, these terms are non-negotiable’

“Bleedin’ ‘ell…okay, I’ll just stick it in the corner over there then, okay satisfied?” Spike left the can in the corner of her garage. Buffy nodded and said,

“It’s not me Spike, it’s the rules!”

“Right then, we ready?”

“Yes, we have to register anytime between 6pm and 10pm”

“Okay then, we leave in twenty minutes, that’ll mean we get there at eight o’clock, okay by you?”

“Fine”


************


“Right clear, nothing in here that shouldn’t be, you can continue over to registration for a copy of the course and rule check, good luck, sir, ma’am” The race steward slammed down the trunk of the Desoto and Spike drove slowly towards the registration desk.

“………And your form………thankyou. Okay, here is your official entry number: please put it on the hood or roof of your car so we can monitor your progress via the helicopters - you must quote this at any pit-stop you make, there is no limit on the amount of stops you do make, but a dead heat will be decided on the least number of stops made. You MUST log in and with an official when you stop the race at the hotel, and when you restart you must log out, this is for safety precautions in case you breakdown in the desert, we’ll know if your missing.
Are you aware of the rules?”

Both Buffy and Spike nodded and said ‘yes’

“Then good luck” Spike drove off to just before the starting line, and Buffy stuck their official race number on the roof.

“Right, it’s fixed on…okay lets go log in or out or what whatever it – oh look…there’s Angel”

Spike just gave a cursory glance across to where Buffy was looking. He saw that Angel was frowning, so just to show of a little, Spike revved the V8 engine.

Cordelia looked across with perfectly coiffured elegance, smiled, went to wave, and suddenly remembered that they were rivals, and she looked down her nose at them instead.

Buffy got the card stamped by an official.
Officially the race was to begin at 11pm, with everybody expected to do 500 miles by no later than 8am.

There were quite a lot of entrants, so the start was staggered, with a third starting at 11pm, another third at 11.30pm, and the final lot at midnight. Times would be logged so there could be no cheating.

The race was taking place overnight, as it had been deemed too hot to race during the day, the course had been clearly marked out and they were to rest up for the day at a hotel. This was the reason both Angel and Spike could take part, as there was no daytime driving.

They had registered and were due to leave at 11.30. Spike loved driving, always had. Buffy settled back, they had a CD playing and as soon as they were called to the start line, and given the ‘off’, Spike put his foot down on what was to be the first 500 miles.
They made excellent time, with one comfort stop for Buffy, and got to the designated hotel for just before 6am. Spike had kept his speed to around 70 miles per hour, give or take, and they logged in.

Spike said he’d check over the car, and Buffy went straight to the hospitality room to eat, having only had fruit and some Cola on the way.

There was a knock at the door and Buffy, wrapped in a huge bath towel went and opened it slightly.

“Oh, why did you knock?” Buffy let Spike in.

“Wasn’t sure if um…did you book this room?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Nothing! Well, I just thought that you’d, well, book two singles or something”

“Why?”

“Hey, I’m not complaining here – far from it – a doubles the best!”

“Good – oh who’s that now?”

Buffy slipped her robe on and opened the door; Spike heard Cordelia’s voice.

“Um…no sorry I don’t, try at reception, you never know” Buffy said

“Who’s that babe?” Spike asked, opening the door wide, so if Angel was with her, he’d plainly be able to see into the room, and see it had a double bed………

“Cordelia, she’s broken a nail”

“Fucking hell…stop press, hold the front page!” Spike said, walking away sarcastically.

Cordelia stalked off, and Buffy shut the door.

Spike took a blood pack out of his coat pocket, and fed.

“What time are we leaving tonight?”

“Well, shall we say 7pm – it’s dark and cool enough by then, and we should do the 750 miles easily enough in ten hours, if I keep to a steady 75 miles per hour, but it will leave us a couple of hours grace in case anything happens”

“Is the car alright?”

“She’s fine………I’ve gassed her up and topped up the oil and water, so book an early dinner, we can get logged out and – hello………can you hear Angel’s voice?”

Buffy went over to an inter-connecting door, and listened.

“He and Cordy are next door”

Spike arched a brow, grinning.

“Don’t you get any ideas, you!” Buffy chided.

“Such as?”

“Such as opening this door and going in there”

“THAT thought, NEVER entered my mind!” Spike said honestly. No, he had thoughts more on making Buffy very vocal………and sending ‘Peaches’ round the bend with jealousy!

*******


“All I’m saying is, how come that their room is a double, and ours has two singles, that’s all – I didn’t accuse you of anything!” Angel said.

“Because, that’s why – and I thought you’d want to rest as you are doing all the driving!” Cordelia groused, trying to file her nail smooth.



*******


“Spike, stop it!”

“Come on baby, you know you want to!”

“I, don’t, look Spike – I, it would be like having my mom in the next room, but worse!”

Spike was feeling as randy as hell, the thought of Angel in the next room was having the opposite effect on him as it was having on Buffy.

“Well what am I supposed to do with this then!” Spike grabbed her hand and put it on his huge hardness.

Buffy gave out a little whimper and closed her fingers around him.

She started to feel damp and slid down the bed and took him into her mouth.

Spike let out a long, ‘aaaaahhhhh!’ And Buffy immediately stopped

“Shush, or I’ll stop!”

“I can’t help it!”

“Well, keep it down!”

She returned her mouth to him and began a slow pump/suck action. Spike writhed and wriggled around, letting out hisses and little ooh’s and aah’s every now and again, occasionally letting a little louder whine slip out.

When she began to fondle his balls, Spike had to put the pillow over his head.

Buffy desperately wanted him, and before she could bring him to completion, she suddenly stopped and straddled him, sinking down on him, Spike gave out a strangulated cry, still with the cushion over his head. Buffy was getting to the point of no return, and thought, ‘what the hell,’ and she pulled the pillow from his face. She began to bob faster and harder, and taking this to mean that he’d got free rein to do what came naturally, they both groaned out their mutual orgasms.

Not content with just one orgasm, Spike pulled Buffy forward and rolled them, and still hard, he thrust at her with renewed vigour.
Three hours, and an interminable amount of orgasms through hard athletic sex later, Angel was driven totally mad enough to bang on the inter-connecting door and shout

“For the gods sake, leave her alone and get some sleep!”

“Unh…what, did he…say – ooooohhhhh”

“Don’t, don’t know…oh god, don’t stop love………oh yes………oh god yes, yes, yes, YES, YES, aaaaahhhhh, uhn, uhn, uhn, uhn, ooh, ooooohhhhh………ooh god, that was, ooh!” They were both panting.

Exhausted now, they both fell asleep.

Next door, Angel lay awake seething. How could she let Spike touch her, how COULD she? Was all that went through his head.