Chapter 14 Morning After



Buffy woke the next morning feeling more warm and comfortable than she had been in a long time, her eyes fluttering open when she realized her face was mashed up against something firm yet oddly giving at the same time. She smiled against Spike's flesh as memories of the previous evening flooded over her bringing heat to the sensitive points of her body in a rush.

After the rather lengthy shower she and Spike had tumbled into bed kissing and touching each other, fully intent on making love the conventional way, but had instead fallen asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

"Oh well," Buffy thought, "That's what mornings are for," as she started to kiss his chest, inhaling his purely masculine scent.

"Mmmm," A low rumble echoed in Spike's chest as he began to slowly wake.

"Mornin' luv," He rasped sleepily, "Nice way to wake up," he said as he ran his hands over her soft curves as she snuggled against him.

"What time d'we go to sleep last night?" He asked stretching his arms above his body stretching briefly before wrapping himself back around her.

"Mmmm, around 4:00 a.m., I think, but I'm not sure I was kinda distracted by a gorgeous younger man."

"S'at right pet, anyone I know?" He teased raising a scarred eyebrow and fixing her with his penetrating blue gaze.

"Oh, most definitely. Bleach blond hair, luscious lips, beautiful blue eyes, drool worthy body, and he keeps going like the energizer bunny." Buffy murmured as she pushed him back onto his back and explored his body leisurely, eliciting quiet moans and sighs from the teenager, as she mapped his chest and shoulders with tender kisses and gentle bites.

"God Buffy," he groaned, as he pulled her atop his body for a deep kiss, his tongue entwining with hers as he buried his hands in her soft, thick, spun gold hair, sparks flying between the two lovers. Buffy arched her neck up gracefully, as Spike began his nibbling exploration of her tender throat, a low little moan making it's way out of her.

She sighed happily as Spike shifted them so she was lying on the bottom still wrapped in his tight embrace. Smiling down at her, he playfully nipped at her lips, teasing her by leaning in and then pulling away just before their lips touched.

"Spike," Buffy whined in a little girl voice making him chuckle.

"Bu..ffyyy..." he mimicked, his happiness showing in his voice and face, as he shifted his weight to his forearms and gazed down into her face.

"You are so gorgeous," He said gently rubbing his thumbs over the soft, tender skin of her cheeks, and the curve of her chin.

Buffy held her breath at the swirl of emotions she saw in his eyes, her heart silently acknowledging what she herself did not yet realize.

Taking a deep breath Spike broke eye contact with her. "Bloody 'Ell is that clock right?" He asked climbing off Buffy abruptly.

"Ummm...yea. What's wrong?" She asked as she watched him scramble into his pants. "I'm over 2 bleedin' hours late," he bit out "Supposed to be at a house making sure the clean up is their and doin' their jobs. Da's gonna kill me 'e if I missed 'em."

Pulling his now ruined shirt over his toned body, and running his hands haphazardly through his hair, he suddenly noticed Buffy sitting on the bed wrapped in the sheet, her large green eyes reflecting the insecurities running unchecked inside her. Taking a moment, he lowered himself in front of her, cupping her face with one gentle hand while the other softly massaged the upper part of her thigh reassuringly.

Looking deep into her eyes he said, " I've got to go now sweet'eart, but when I come back, 'ow 'bout you and I go to dinner, dancing, maybe a walk on the beach?" Buffy nodded afraid to utter a word for fear of her voice trembling uncontrollably. "Last night was the most amazing night of my life. You, Buffy Summers, are exactly what the doc ordered. Or in this case what the devilishly handsome Spike ordered." He said sincerely with a quirky smile, "You are exactly what I need."

A small smile graced to her face, "It was amazing for me too." She said quietly ducking her head.

Tilting her face back up to his with a finger under her chin he said, "Why don't you take a soak in your new 'ot tub, lay out in the sun getting that beautiful body toasty and relax? I'll be back in awhile and then we'll go paint the town red, that sound good to you ducks?" He asked gently pushing a strand of stray hair behind her ear.

Buffys heart overflowed at the sweetness and consideration of this young man. *He reminds me of my Angel.* She mused, realizing that the thought of her deceased husband did not hurt nearly as much as it had before meeting this unique man.

"I'll be here," She said her entire face lighting up with a smile.

"'K, Baby," Spike said pressing a kiss to her lips, then her forehead and finally the tip of her adorable nose. "Till later luv." He said running his hand under her chin one more time before standing and exiting the room.

Buffy sighed and flopped back onto the bed as a silly smile was plastered on her face. *Oh Buffy, I think that boy is gonna be trouble. Delicious, delectable, trouble.*

TBC