Chapter 15 Can't Take the Heat


"Buffy?"

She was dreaming of being on a South Pacific island with nothing on but Spike.

"Buffy?" A little louder this time.

It felt so good having his naked body pressed against hers, soothing her heated skin...

"LUV!"

"Whaaa....huh?" Buffy looked around groggily trying to figure out what had startled her out of her dream. "Spike?"

"How long have you been out here pet? You look like a bleedin' lobster." Spike spoke with concern in his voice as he helped Buffy to her feet gingerly.

"I came down after you left," She said flinching as her red-hot skin on her back made itself known. "Ooooooo, I hurt Spike."

"That was nearly 5 hours ago," He said shaking his head, "Well young lady, it's off to a cool tub and vinegar for you."

"But I thought..."Buffy's voice cut off into a hiss of pain as the tie on the back of her top came into contact with the sun inflamed skin.

"No arguments pet." He said firmly, "We'll put you into the tub while I order dinner and go grab some videos from the house then I'll rub some Noxzema into your skin to keep you from hurting so much. We'll do red later." Pausing for a moment, "That just didn't sound right."

"Oh...ok." Buffy murmured not paying much attention and trying hard not to move to much as he led her upstairs to the bathroom and began to draw a cool bath for her.

Spike turned from the taps to see a miserable looking Buffy standing in the middle of the room, to burnt to even lean on anything. "You got some white vinegar luv?" He asked as he began untying her suit and sliding it carefully from her body.

"I think so. Down in the cupboard next to the icebox. Willow got me...ouch...pretty much everything I could ever need or want before I moved in."

"Yea she's a good one ain't she? She's been around helping out our family as long 's can remember." He said fondly thinking of the vivacious redhead as the tub filled with cool water. "Ok missy, into the tub with you."

"Spike?" Buffy's voice stopped him as he was leaving the room in search of the vinegar.

"Yea?"

"Do you think...well that is....um...do you think Willow would understand this?" Buffy gestured between herself and Spike. "I mean...would she be ok with it?" She asked apprehensively.

Stepping up to her for a moment he put his hands carefully on the unburnt areas of her neck and pulled her into a kiss before saying, "I think all that matters is that we are ok with this. And we are aren't we?" the fear showing in his eyes clearly as he waited for her reply.

Returning his kiss with a smile Buffy said, " I think we are definitely ok with this."

Sighing against each other for another moment, Spike nodded towards the tub, "Your
Bathtub awaits m'lady."

Allowing Spike to help her into the cool water, Buffy sighed in bliss as the dreadful pain and heat from her burnt backside subsided, replaced by coolness and rapture. Laying her head back against the tub she smiled as she heard Spike leave the room and thanked her lucky stars.


TBC