Chapter 16 Dinner and A Movie

After Buffy had soaked in the tub for awhile, Spike came back into the restroom with a bottle of Noxzema in one hand and a oversized white cotton t-shirt in the other.

"So pet, feelin' better?" He asked as he sat the items in his hands on the sink and grabbed a thick cotton towel from the rack.

"Mmmm," Buffy hummed lazily opening her eyes to look at Spike, who was now holding his hand out to her to help her from the tub.

"Out we go," He smiled catching her dripping hand into his dry one and allowing her to step onto the crème colored bath mat. He then turned her so that her back was facing him
and gently began to dab at the moisture beading on her skin, keeping his touch light so as not to hurt her further.

After drying her thoroughly he set the towel aside and picked up the Noxzema, "This may be a bit cold, I stuck it in the icebox for a tick." He chuckled as she hissed at the cold as the cream came into contact with the burnt skin on her backside. Her hiss soon turned into a mewl of pleasure as the soothing coolness took away the hurt. "Sounds to me like your enjoyin' this luv." His voice was deliciously low and husky near her ear, sending shivers down her spine. " Mmmm.....don't stop.....feels good," Buffy moaned stretching her body languorously into his touch as he smoothed the cream into every bare expanse, taking his time while thoroughly enjoying his perusal of her naked, toned flesh.

*Time to wrap this up ol' boy before you get carried away.* Spike thought to himself as he placed a chaste kiss on her shoulder before helping her into the soft cotton shirt.

"Hmmm," Buffy sighed, "I could get used to this."

Turning her so he could look down into her green eyes, "Anytime luv, anytime," He said before placing a light kiss on the tip of her upturned nose.

"And now, dinner and a movie awaits you, my love," Spike grimaced inwardly as the last words came unbidden from his lips.

*Good goin' you wanker, let the chit know you fell in love with her already and it's sure to send her scurrying for the hills faster than the dogs at the tracks.*

Buffy smiled up into his blue eyes as she watched the emotion play across his face, while she did a little internal happy dance at his words. She knew he felt strongly but she hadn't expected this. *Am I his love? It's only been a few days* Biting her lip and dropping her gaze, she breathed a sigh of relief when he grabbed her hand and pulled her from the room preventing her from dwelling on the doubts and insecurities niggling at the back of her mind.





Coming into the living room of the house, Spike guided Buffy to the overstuffed couch and watched as she cautiously settled herself onto the smooth cloth covered cushions.

Sighing as she sunk down into the comfy sofa, she took a moment to look around at the cozy dining setting Spike had prepared.

A large bowl of Fettuccini Alfredo sat steaming on the coffee table next to a plate of delectable looking garlic cheese bread, while green tossed spinach salad graced the other side. A six-pack of Pepsi Cola and a DVD sat along with knives, forks, and the like waiting to be put into use.

"'Ope you like Italian pet," Spike said as he offered her a plate overflowing with yummy, creamy, goodness before picking up a linen napkin and placing it into her lap with a little flair.

"Mmmm...Now this is what I call service," Buffy grinned evilly before continuing, "Not quite up to last nights shower but I guess it'll do." It was all she could do to keep her laughter to herself as she watched Spike's ears turn a violent shade of red at her teasing.

"I'll show you service Luv," he growled before turning his suddenly hot gaze on Buffy causing her breath to hitch as her pulse took off at a wild gallop.

Grabbing the plate of noodles from her hands to be set on the coffee table, Buffy suddenly found herself pressed back into the cushions by the strength of Spikes kiss. Moaning deep in his throat he pressed his sensuous lips to hers before allowing his tongue entrance to dance in an erotic dance with hers.

Wrapping her arms around his wide shoulders, her hands came up to entwine with each other at the base of his strong neck, as she whimpered and pressed herself up against the line of his body. *God...more*

Suddenly a cry of pain escaped her lips as the skin on her tender back made itself painfully known.

"I'm sorry Spike." Buffy murmured against his lips as he pulled back in concern. He leaned his forehead briefly against hers before sighing and moving himself away from the deliciousness of this woman.

"S'ok luv. Just forgot you're recuperating," he said with a tender smile as he helped her sit back up, "Best to eat before it gets cold anyway." With a wink he gently pushed her now tousled hair behind her shoulder and handed her the neglected plate of food. "Eat up, after this I've got Cold Stone ice cream, best you've ever had!"

*Not likely.* Buffy thought with a wide grin leaving Spike to wonder what she was on about as he moved to the DVD player to put in the movie.

"'Ope you like Dare Devil." He said popping in the disk and pressing the start button before coming to sit back on the couch with her.

"MMMMmmm....what woman can resist such yummy goodness? I mean if I can't have a gorgeous man take care of my needs physically I can always watch eye candy and get my fill that way." Buffy said saucily as Spike snorted.

"I think I've been insulted," he said shaking his head in mock disbelief, " Being compared to that ponce Ben Affleck."

Buffys grin got even larger as she innocently widened her twinkling eyes, "Who said anything about Ben Affleck? I was talking about that Bulls-eye guy, Colin Farrell and all his chewy goodness. And that accent....YUM!!"

This last statement brought out an even louder snort of disbelief and a roll of his eyes, "ONLY a YANK would believe that it's a compliment to an Englishman to be compared to an Irish wanker. Women."

Buffy laughed out loud at his clowning around when she saw he wasn't serious but secretly pleased to be categorized as gorgeous.

"Enough...eat." He said with a wave of his hand as the movie began leaving Buffy smiling.

*Damn Buffy, all this chew toy goodness to nibble on and only YOU could get a 2nd degree burn on your entire backside. * Shaking her head inwardly to herself, *When will you learn? This is almost as embarrassing as almost getting caught that time, peeing on some persons lawn because you and your friends had a little too much to drink and you couldn't make it home in time. God if he knew about that he'd probably make me eat in my room.*

Spike watched her from the corner of his eye, as she seemed to mentally be arguing with herself before she returned to massacring her Alfredo with her knife and fork.


"Um luv?" He said pulling Buffy out of her silent reverie.

"Mmmph?" she questioned still munching away happily.

"Oh, never mind." He said before thinking to himself warily, *Note to self; Never get Buffy mad at you if THAT is going to be the result.*


Buffy diligently dug into the heavenly dish once again, with relish but not before leaning over and placing a soft kiss on his pouting lips making sure that he knew he was the one she wanted.

*Well tonight may not be the night for hot, steamy, sex but it seems to be turning out good anyway.* They both thought as they glanced at each other with little grins on their faces before turning back to the television, letting the movie and the rest of the evening play out in comfortable companionship.

*I could DEFINITELY get used to this!*



TBC