Chapter 3 4hrs. Later




Buffy sighed and shook out her wet hair from the towel it had been up in. *Nothing like a hot shower to work out the kinks. And of course get your mind off the sexy naughtiness next door. * The little voice inside her head chided. *Mmmmm...true but there isn't anything wrong with looking at the merchandise as long as you didn't handle the package. Or is that handle it too roughly? * A devilish grin split her face as she pulled on her faded cut off levis and white well worn wife beater in anticipation of unpacking, well, setting up her dark room downstairs in the basement. She had told Anya that this equipment could be left for her to deal with and just to put it there.

Humming to herself as she went down the stairs to fix something to eat before tackling the darkroom admiring the little touches that Willow had so thoughtfully put to the new house. Little things like candles in the bathroom, sprigs of dried roses and herbs hanging artfully in every little nook and hidden areas to freshen the rooms, even a coffee pot that went on at precisely 8:00am awaited her with freshly brewed vanilla roast, to her delight. Opening the icebox she was not surprised to find a fully stocked larder with some already prepared meals sitting neatly in clear cellophane packages just waiting for the microwave.

Drinking her morning cup of coffee she wandered her new home for a bit letting her eyes touch on everything. Overstuffed couches in deep jewel tones set off the warm crème colors of her walls to perfection. Her framed black and white photos were artfully displayed on the walls next to her collection of day of the dead items that she had collected over the years. Setting down her mug on an antique side table she picked up one of her favorite pieces. It was a colorfully painted skull done by a local Mexican artisan to celebrate El Dios del Muerto. She had fell in love with the idea behind the day of the dead celebration a coming together of family past and present, of renewing and remembering the ties that bind. She had found the painted clay skull when she and Angel had been on holiday in a small town called Uruapan in Mexico while wandering the tiny towns square looking at the wares of the local shops and artisans. Buffy and Angel had spent a magical time just being together.

A soft knock on the front door startled Buffy from her thoughts as she carefully set the precious piece down. As she went to answer, she realized her heart had speeded up in the hopes of seeing Spike so soon once again. Pausing to take a deep breath and run her hands over her loose tresses, she opened the door and was surprised to see a striking statuesque red headed woman standing outside.

"Hello? May I help you?" Buffy asked the stranger.

"Buffy Summers? I'm Willow Rosenburg. The decorator?"

"Oh of course, come in....I was just on my way down to the basement so you'll have to excuse the way I look but ...." Gesturing for the woman to come in Buffy wondered briefly if she should run up stairs and put on something more suitable.

Noticing the way the blond's eyes flicked nervously to the staircase Willow immediately sought to put her at ease.

"You look gorgeous, ready to get down and dirty with some package wrasslin' I'd expect? Don't mind the way I'm dressed either, I'm on my way to give my masters thesis on Italian Renaissance Art or else, trust me, I'd be in jeans and flip flops." Her green eyes crinkled merrily at the newest member of Sunnydale.

"I just popped by to be the official Welcome to Sunnydale Wagon. And to let you know that you are being cordially invited to Spike's next door this evening for a good old fashion barbeque. It's just gonna be me and my girlfriend, Xander and his dog, and Spike of course. Thought it would be a good way to meet some friendly faces and it's convenient. Though I suppose I should tell Spike...."Her voice trailing off before the smile returned, "So are we on? Fun to be had? There's even a little dance club we could hit afterwards if you want, called Live Bait. Emphasis more on the live than the bait, and Oh I'm rambling again and you haven't even been able to get a word in edge wise. Sorry nervous habit." Her hands fluttered briefly for a moment before crossing her arms in a mock serious pose, "So, tell me about YOU."

Buffy was so blown over by the hyper active red head that when she stopped for breath combined with the question, all Buffy could do was laugh. Willow looked at her oddly for a moment before joining in at the absurdity that was she.

"Oh...I don't know when I've been so welcomed or have laughed that hard in a long time. Thank you Willow for that, I definitely needed it, and as for the barbeque just let me know when." With a bright smile of her own Buffy decided that she was going to love it here in Sunnydale.

"Well," Willow said turning back to the door "Probably around 6:00 pm. I do have to run over and ok it with Spike right now but he's a good kid, it shouldn't be a problem, besides I told Giles and An that I'd do dinner with him once in awhile so he didn't feel forgotten, so really two birds, one stone."

Willow opened the door and strode outside into the afternoon sun filtering through the trees and lighting her hair on fire.

"So I guess tonight then? Just bring your bod we'll take care of the rest."

"Tonight." Buffy nodded, "I'll be looking forward to it."

"Ok...well bye for now." And with a last wave to Buffy, Willow started on her way next door.

Closing the door Buffy leaned her head against it, *What did I just get myself into? Kid? More like hunky piece of man muffin I wouldn't mind buttering. Oh God how the hell am I gonna pull this off?*

Silently berating herself Buffy pushed thoughts of Spike and his parent's friend Willow to the back of her mind and she went downstairs to tackle her new room.