Buffy sat alone in her house after fleeing the park.What once seemed warm and inviting now seemed cold and dark.
Every corner reminded her of him.The front entry to her home where she had been kissed senseless so many times by him.
The couch she sat on, when he had held her so tenderly after the horrible argument they had, even the very air she brought into her lungs seemed touched with his scent. She loved him so much her very being was breaking into bits, but without him there to piece her back together, what would become of her?

Breaking in harsh, gutteral sobs, Buffy collapsed on the couch and cried her very heart out.



Spike's Room

"WHAT THE HELL IS HER PROBLEM?" He shouted pacing like a caged lion while Faith reclined on his bed flipping idly through a magazine.

"Dunno cous." she replied knowing full well what the problem with Buffy was and thrilled that the green eyed monster had gotten the best of her. *works like a charm everytime.* She thought with a tiny twitch of her lips.

"She's never been like that, never." He continued to fume and pace his hands working in circular motions as he thought out loud. "Was she jealous? I mean for god's sake you're my cousin." At this point he stopped and turned his blue eyed gaze onto Faith.

Glancing up she thought, *showtime, caring cousin mode.* Patting the bed next to her as she slowly wound herself back into a sitting position, knowing full well what her body looked like when she did, she turned her seemingly deeply concerned brown eyed gaze on Spike.

*huh, not a glimmer* She frowned inwardly seeing that her usual ploy of seduction hadn't even caused a spark of arousal in him.

Running one hand around his shoulders and the other slipping around his muscular bicep she leaned her head onto his shoulder as she spoke. "It could be just because I'm so much younger than her and so close in age to you. I mean that's gotta mess with your head big time right?"

Not really waiting for a response she continued her slow spinning of her web, " I mean she is more than a couple of years older than you right? And has she ever told you she loves you?" She asked already having her the whole tale from Spike and knowing full well this was a highly sore
spot.

Spike seemed to sag against her as all of his anger went out of him in a rush, "No, she's never told me she loves me."

Faith grinned knowing he couldn't see her face, *time to make the cut.* "Then maybe she just saw me as poaching on her boy toy?" She was careful to keep her voice innocent and wondering while she planted the seeds of doubt. "I mean older woman, younger man....It happens Cous', I hope not for your sake but..........." Letting her voice trail off in seeming doubt Faith knew her work was done by the way her cousin
suddenly stood up all fury and barely controlled rage.

Without a glance back he grabbed his keys and his trench coat pausing at the door he turned his head slightly, "Tell da I went out and not to wait up, I'll be back later."

Not waiting for a reply he swept out of the room closing the door shut behind him.

Faith giggled quietly flopping back onto the bed. *Yep, worked like a charm, always does. Now all I gotta do is get him into bed and it's a done deal.*