A/N: The reviews have been awsome you guys, thanks for those and hope you're all still enjoying the story so far =)

Chapter 9 Special Girl

It was Monday morning, as Buffy rose from her bed and got herself ready for a long day at work. Last night was indeed incredible; Riley was just the type of guy she should be with right now. He was sweet, sensitive and understanding, something that her former boyfriend Liam never possessed. In her history of dating, which is not that much, he was the most normal guy Buffy had ever gone out with.

“Hey, Buffy!” Willow called out from under the counter of the Match-made in Heaven Agency.

“Hey… Willow… Where are you?” Buffy questioned. Just then Willow popped out of her hiding position to greet Buffy with a smile.

“So… What’s up with you Buffy?” Willow asked as the two ladies sat themselves at their respective tables and started on their paperwork. “How was the date last night? Anything good happen…?”

Buffy just smiled as the redhead’s comment then answered, “No… Nothing like that… but I did have a great time. Riley is… different. In a good way.”

“Hmm… So, you doing anything this Saturday?” Buffy just looked at her friend with questioning eyes. “It is your birthday, right?”

The blonde again smiled and nodded her head; she had no idea that any of them knew that it was her birthday. “Yeah, I was planning of going back to Sunnydale, to spend it with mom and Dawn. Oh, I have to call them…”

“Will you be spending the whole day there?” Remembering that William asked the same question last night, Buffy was beginning to have suspicions but shrugged it off. As she answered, “No, probably not. William is going with me…” ‘Where did that come from?’ the blonde asked herself.

“Oh! So you will be back by dinner then?” Willow asked again, dismissing the fact that William will be accompanying Buffy, she was worried that maybe all her planning last week would just go to waste.

“Yeah, Will, more or less…”

Willow, contented that her plans were not going to be sabotage, asked her friend to binge about what happened last night. “So… what happened will Riley last night? Details… please” As the two women chatted over last night’s happenings.

~~ Between 5th and Madison ~~

William was walking down Madison Avenue. It was lunchtime, so he thought it would be a good idea to walk around and look for a present for Buffy. He had absolutely no idea, why he said what he said last night. He was going to meet Buffy’s family this Saturday, how was he going to make Buffy go to the Bronze with him after that. ‘Ring, ring’ William’s cellphone rang as he continued his stroll down 5th street.

“Hello… William Bennedict.”

“Hey, Will. It’s Buffy, I was just wondering if we are still on for Saturday. I was going to call my mom and tell her…” This was all William heard as he stopped in front of Uncle Bob’s precious pieces’ window to eye the beautiful display they had on. “…So… will you be coming?” was the last phrase that William had caught through the blonde’s long talk.

“Yeah, pet. I’ll be there. Pick you up at seven, Saturday?” as William made his way into the jewelry shop.

“Yeah… Bye.”

“Bye, luv.” As William sat himself in front of one of the glass counters Uncle Bob’s has to offer and stared at all the glittering pieces right in front of him.

“Something special for a lady?” A man with grayish hair came up to him and asked, which pulled William out of his thoughts.

“Yeah… Can I see that one?” William said, pointing to the outside display that caught his eye awhile ago.

“Very fine choice. Must be a very special girl.” The man said, as he went and got the piece that William pointed at.

‘She is…’ Was William’s silent answer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was an early morning at the Summers Residence as Joyce Summers woke up to her Victorian home. Today, her eldest daughter will be coming and she had to get the house up and prepared as she went into her other daughter’s room and called her up to rise. “Dawn…” As Joyce shook the blonde. “Dawn, Buffy will be here any minute. She will have a friend with her so you might want to start getting ready, young lady.”

“Yeah, yeah… I’m getting up…” as dawn struggled with the covers upon her. “Who is she bringing here anyway? Willow?”

“I don’t think so, honey. Unless Willow and William are the same person… Now, get up and get ready…” Joyce suggested as she went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

‘William?’ was the last thing that Dawn thought of as she made her way into the bathroom.

~~ In the highway ~~

“Luv, can you please stop changing the radio station, it’s causing me bloody headaches.” William said to the blonde lady beside him. It was nearly seven in the morning, he had been driving on the highway for almost thirty minutes and Buffy just won’t quit on changing the radio stations, it was beginning to bug him.

“Well, it’s your fault I woke up so early in the morning. You said you would pick me up at seven, it’s hardly even seven now!” The blonde complained. William had been knocking on her door since six o’clock, forcing her that they should head out early so not to be caught in traffic.

“You did say, you hate long car rides, pet, if we did not get a bloody move on by the time we did, we would be stuck in the freeway now. And, what does that have anything to do with you not being able to stick to one bloody station.”

“First, I so did not tell you to wake me up ‘that’ bloody early.” Buffy said mocking William when she said the word bloody. “And I’m still tired, plus all these stations have such boring songs that I ‘would’ fall asleep.” as Buffy yawned and leaned her head on the car’s door.

“Fine. I'm sorry I woke you up so early, pet. Here…” William said as he stretched his arm to that he could wrap his arms around her and Buffy could lean on him. Buffy just stared at him with questioning eyes. “Sleep, luv. You did say you were sleepy right?” Buffy nodded her head. “Well… Don’t keep me waiting. You can’t lean on the door, you might fall out and trust me that ain’t gonna be good.” William said with a smirk.

Buffy did as she was told, and rested herself onto William’s arm. She could feel his biceps flexing at the weight of her body, it was hard yet comfortable as he pulled her closer and she snuggled in deeper. Before she fell asleep the last thing she whispered to William was, “Thank You.”

At this, William just smiled as he continued their long drive to Sunnydale.

Back at the Summer’s home, Dawn was busy playing with her eggs as Joyce cleaned the house ‘again’. “Honey, stop playing with your eggs, eat them or they will get cold.” Joyce scolded her younger daughter as she continued wiping the stainless counter.

“Okay mom. But would you please stop cleaning, the house is already sparkling as it is.” Dawn replied as she stuffed some food inside her mouth. She can’t help but wonder who this William guy was. Was she Buffy’s boyfriend? Is he cute? If he is not her boyfriend, is she old enough for her? These were all the questions that were bugging her all morning. As she heard a car pull up at the driveway, she placed another spoonful of food into her mouth and went into the living room and peeked her head into the window. “They’re here! They’re here!”

“Okay… Revello Drive…” As William continued his search for the house. Buffy was still in his arms; she had slept the whole trip over. He almost had the urge to wake her up when he could not figure out which was the right exit to take. But seeing her sleeping soundly by his side, he did not have the guts to wake up such a lovely picture. So he just followed his instincts and hoped for the best. “Okay, here it is… Revello Drive.” Just then he felt sudden movement in his right arm and looked at the figure beside him. “Hey, luv. Had a nice nap?” As he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Hmm…” Buffy wined. “Nice nap.” She said in a groggy voice. “Where are we?” as she looked up at the man holding her tight, she never wanted to let go of him, never.

“Revello Drive, luv. What number was it again?”

“1630, right there.” as Buffy seated herself properly and looked out the road. “Here, park up here.”

“Buffy!” A girl with long blonde hair burst out through the door and came to William’s car, William wondered if this could have been Buffy’s little sister, Dawn. “Happy Birthday Buffy!”

“Hey, Dawn. Thanks.” As she hugged her younger sister, “This is William, William this is my little sister, Dawn.” As Buffy pointed to a man taking their luggage out of the compartment of the black convertible.

“Hey, William. Such a cool car.” Dawn gasp as she touched the side of the car. “I can see my reflection, Cool!”

William laughed at how the little blonde girl reacted upon seeing his vehicle, she did not even look little she seemed to be taller than Buffy. “Yeah, she is a beauty isn’t she?”

“Come’ on, let’s go inside. Mom is waiting for us.” Dawn said as she helped Buffy and William carry the bags into the house.

“Mom… where are you? Buffy and William are here.” Dawn called out to her mom.

“I’m here dear, don’t need to shout,” as Joyce came out from the back kitchen holding a duster. “Welcome Buffy, Happy Birthday! Nice to see you.” As she hugged her eldest daughter, “And you must be William.” Joyce said as she shook the younger man’s hands. “Nice to finally meet you, I heard so much ‘bout you.”

“Is that right?” William replied while looking at Buffy. She noticed the blonde blushed at his remark and couldn’t help but laugh on the inside. “It’s nice to finally meet you too Mrs. Summers.”

“Will you guys be staying here for the night?” Joyce asked seeing the bags that William and Dawn were setting in the floor. “You seem to have brought a lot of stuff.” Eyeing the luggage.

“No, Mrs. Summers, Buffy here just likes to be prepared.” As William looked at the blonde, again she blushed five shades of crimson. “We will be out of here by the afternoon

“Okay, please William, call me Joyce.” As the foursome sat themselves at the living room couch, seeing William nod she continued, “I’m sure you guys are exhausted from the trip, would you like something to drink.”

“That would be nice mom.” Buffy butted into the conversation for the first time. “Why don’t I give you hand.”

“I’d have some apple juice, Buffy. How ‘bout you, Will?” Dawn asked the blonde across from her.

“I’d love to have some of those hot cocoa with those little marshmallows in them.” William replied shyly.


Joyce and Buffy nodded at William’s request and made their way into the kitchen.

“So… William, that’s such an oldies name, do you have another name?” Dawn questioned. “William is just so… weird.” as Dawn made a funny face.

William laughed at the younger blonde’s reaction as he answered, “My friends in high school used to call me Spike. I guess maybe you can call me that.”

“Spike!” Dawn recited. “I like that, It suits you. Can I call you Spike?” the blonde asked through puppy dog eyes.

“Yeah, bit. Don’t see why not.”

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Joyce and Buffy were getting everybody’s drink prepared. “So… Is that him?”

“What?” Buffy was confused from her mother’s question.

“William, is he the one you have been dating who you refuse to tell me the name of.” Buffy always kept in touch with her mom, telling her mom what happens to her in Los Angeles. Everything from her failed jobs to her new dating status, and now she was thinking that maybe she should not have done that.

“No, mom. William is just a friend who was nice enough to drive me up here.”

“He sure is one nice guy to drive you here for two hours. It’s a long drive, Buffy.” Joyce said, she may not know William very well, but she does know her own daughter.

“Please… Lets just get this drinks in.” Buffy pleaded. She still had a crush on William no matter how much she denies it in front of Willow. Dating Riley was suppose to help her get over this childish admiration, it is helping. But her mother bringing it up can’t be good.

to be continued...