Chapter 15 Mysteries and Passions

“What?” Buffy said wide eyed as she suddenly jumped to her feet. That made William nervous, was Buffy upset because of his admission? “How can you say that, Will. Hello? Remember your girlfriend Harmony?”

“Me and Harmony sort of broke up, luv.” William responded; ‘Thank god she’s not upset.’

“Oh…” was the only thing Buffy could say, she just didn’t know what to think of the new information she had just received. Her mind needed to process it all. She was single, William was single for some reason that she didn’t understand, and he thought he was falling in love with her… ‘Oh God, Oh God, Oh God.’ Buffy recited in her mind. What was she suppose to say? How was she supposed to react? “Well… I guess…”

“You don’t have to say anything, I know you’re probably surprised,” ‘surprised isn’t the word for it’ Buffy thought. “I know this is a lot to take in, probably wasn’t the best time to tell you.” William closed his eyes and took a deep breath, “God… I can’t do this…” Buffy looks at him, asking him to continue on. “I’m not sure how you feel, but from the first time I saw you, honestly…” William chuckled, “Well… I really didn’t feel a thing, no connection at all.” This disappointed Buffy, but she didn’t let it show. The first time she saw him she had felt an immediate attraction. “But as time passed…we grew closer, we became more than just a friends… at first you were like a sister, Buffy. I cared for you… a lot. I just never thought it could be anything more than just that. I guess I needed to get drunk and hear it from a stranger to believe it. But I’m still not sure… We just came from a fresh break up; wounds have to heal… I know you need to…”

William was cut off when he felt Buffy’s hand reach out to his, “I’m not sure… but I think I actually understand what you’re saying. What I feel for you is more than just friendship too, Will. You’re right, we do need time… to sort everything out, to make sure that what we are doing is right.” Seeing the blonde nod in understanding, there was an awkward silence between the two neither knew what to say to the other. They had both professed their true feelings and intentions, not knowing what was in store for them. “So…” Buffy finally cleared the silence as she stood up and looked at herself, “I better get cleaned up, I look ridiculous in this outfit! What was I thinking?”

“I think it looks cute on you.” William immediately regretted what he had said, “I mean… you should go… I should get going too.”

“You’re going?” William looked back. “I mean… I thought we could at least have dinner together, it’s getting late. I hate eating alone and…”

William gave her a satisfactory smile, “Okay, I’ll stay. Hate dinner alone too… You get cleaned up, I’ll try to fix up something…”

“Oh, the menus for take-out are in the first kitchen drawer.” Buffy suggested, before she entered the bathroom door.

William looked at her with a raised brow, “Is that all you eat, pet? You do know that take-out isn’t good for you…”

“Well… for your information I do know… It’s just that, I don’t know how to cook.” The blonde said the last phrase as soft that William could hardly hear it.

“What did you say?”

“I said, I don’t know how to cook.”

“Well then get freshened up and I’ll show you one of my specialties, you haven’t tasted the best food in town until I’ve cooked for you…” William stated. He was pretty proud of how good his culinary skills were despite not having taken any actual lessons or anything. Back in England when he was a kid, whenever his mother cooked she would always try to teach him a thing or two. It helped a lot, especially when he took home economics during his sophomore year.

“Cocky aren’t we? I’ll be the judge of that…” Buffy trailed off a she slipped in the bathroom door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

William had gone down to the blonde’s kitchen and looked inside the cupboard only to find almost nothing. It had a couple of boxes of instant pancake mix, some flour, sugar, salt - pretty much the basics, plus a couple of herbs. The refrigerator had some cheese, butter, milk, juice - nothing much that he could whip up. ‘Hell! I guess this will have to do.’ The blonde thought as he got some pot and pans and started mixing in anything he could find.

Back upstairs, Buffy was wracking her mind of what to wear, “Too showy… Hi, I dressed up to impress you…” Buffy recited after each and every outfit she tried on, she can’t seem to find anything to wear. She wanted something that said ‘I’m casual and comfortable yet I know you’ve been drooling inside since I walked downstairs.’ Finally she settled for a white tank top and a pair of low cut jeans. She had absolutely no idea why she was even trying to impress William. As she walked through the hall and down the stairs, she smelled a wonderful aroma. She wondered what could the other blonde possibly be cooking up.

William was putting some herbs into the pot in front of him, he had figured out how to make do with what was available. As he tasted a little of the pasta he had cooked, he heard the phone ring.

“I’ll get it.” Buffy called as she rushed down the stairs and into the living room, “Hello?”

“Who was that, pet?” William asked as he continued stirring.

“Oh, It was just Willow, she dropped by the agency and she just wondered why it wasn’t open… she was just worried is all.” Buffy answered the blonde’s question as she sniffed the air, “Mm… that smells delicious.” She moved in closer to try and take a peek at what kind of food he had cooked.

“Hey! No peeking.” William scolded as he waved his hand, indicating for Buffy to move away, “I suggest you just get the plates ready, luv. Dinner would be ready in about ten minutes.”

Buffy looked at the clock; it was almost 6:30, time for her all time favorite show. “Will, do you mind if we eat by the sofa, my favorite show’s going to be on any second?”

“It’s okay by me…” William replied as he started scooping the pasta onto their plates, adding some extra herbs and cheese plus a couple of pieces of garlic bread. Looking down at his creation and deciding that it was would do, he made his way into the living room, two plates in hand.

As Buffy placed down a couple of sodas on the coffee table and seated herself on the large couch, she pushed the remote control button. The starting tune of the show’s song sang in.

“Dinner is served!” William announced as he entered the living room. He heard some sounds coming from the television as he saw Buffy stare intently at the device in front of her, “What you watching, luv?”

“Shh… It’s starting, don’t talk.”

William then sat himself beside the blonde and placed the plates onto the coffee table. As he looked at the television, he did a doubletake. There was a dog talking with some humans who seemed to be searching for something. “What kind of show is this? It looks like crap.”

“Would you shut up! I’m trying to watch here.” Buffy scolded as she took the fork and twirled her pasta without taking her eyes of the screen. “And by the way, It’s not ‘crap’ it happens to be a very nice show.”

‘Like hell it is…’ William thought as he too began eating his dinner.

“Mm… This is great!” Buffy commented as she took a bite of her garlic bread.

“Oh! You’re talking to me?” William asked sarcastically.

“The show’s over…” Buffy said lazily.

‘It figures.’ Of course the show’s over, Buffy wouldn’t say a word to him while it was on. “What is this show anyway? Is it some kind of cartoon, are you reminiscing about your childhood, luv. Cause honestly, you’re not that old…”

Buffy gave out a sigh, eyes narrowing. “That’s really funny, you know…”Buffy replied sarcastically. “I happen to like that show…”

“What about it do you like?” William asked with a chuckle.

“For your information, mister, Scooby Doo happens to be one of the most popular shows on TV.” ‘Yeah, for kids.’ William thought. “And I do like the whole detective part…” Buffy said shyly, she had been watching the show since way back, especially before when Dawn, her younger sister was still in to it.

“So… you like mysteries…”

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.” Buffy replied as she took a gulp of her soda. “At least it’s better than ‘Passions’.”

“Oh! Well… I guess you don’t know that it happens to be a very entertaining show.”

“Yeah, right! Drama, drama and more drama… It’s too boring if you ask me…” Buffy resorted back.

“Ha! You’re one too speak, aren’t you!” William said as he started to tickle Buffy, which made the blonde laugh, moving away from him as she clutched her stomach.

“Stop it, will you!” As Buffy tried to hold her fit of giggles together, “stop it!”

“Fine.” William answered as he stopped doing his previous actions and started grabbing the plates and empty cans of sodato get them washed up. “I’ll just get this stuff cleaned up.”

After Buffy had had enough of relaxing by herself she called out, “Do you want to watch a movie or something?” as she searched through the stacks of DVDS she had.

“I don’t know… Aren’t you tired yet? You had a long day…” William asked as he came out of the kitchen door.

Truth be told, Buffy was tired, everything that happened today was more than a girl could handle; she just wanted to keep herself as busy as possible to keep herself from thinking about things she certainly didn’t want to think about. She didn’t want to be alone, because too would let her mind to drift off. “I’m okay…” Buffy replied with a yawn.

“Now, I may have believed that if I didn’t see you yawn, pet.” William said as he sat beside Buffy and swung his arm to the back of the sofa.

“Really… I’m fine.” She said as she let out another yawn. “Okay, maybe I am ‘bit’ tired…” she admitted as she rested her head on William’s chest.

The blonde felt tingles up his spine as he stared at the lovely girl in front of him. He let his left arm wrap around her shoulder. Seeing that she didn’t react to his touch, he began playing with her golden locks. “Have I ever told you I love this hair?” he asked. Hearing no response, he looked at her intently and realized that he wasn’t talking to anyone. Buffy was lying in his arms fast asleep. He kissed the top of her head and whisper, “Goodnight, Buffy,” as he fell into a deep slumber.

‘Night William.’

to be continued...