A/N: Sorry for the inconvinience but I missed chapter 2, can't belive you guys didn't notice =) And I'm glad your liking the story so far =)

Chapter 2 Are we in JR High
~~ Uncle Bob’s repair shop ~~

Buffy had woken up early that morning determined to get the video player fixed before she went to work. She stooped at the first repair shop she found, Uncle Bob’s repair shop, which had a signboard big enough for you to read if you were a mile away with their slogan ‘we can fix anything, anytime, anywhere’.

When Buffy got into the shop, she saw no line and was relieved at that. At least she did not have to start her crappy day waiting at a long line. When she reached the counter, a guy with grayish hair came up to her and said. “How may I help you today ma’am?”

Thinking at the back of her mind that this what Uncle Bob, she explained how the video player had crashed on her the other day. The old man then took the broken player at the back to examine it and asked Buffy to wait a while, while he looks at the problem.

Buffy sat there wondering how nice everything was when she was in school, she can’t even believe she even thought about it, where everything was simple. She did not have to worry about bills and rent. But since she moved out of her mother’s house in Sunnydale, to try to pursue a better future here in LA she had no such luck. After millions of crappy jobs, from being a waitress at a diner, which everyday was full of overweight policemen eating jelly donuts, to working as a cashier at seven- eleven, where she met Willow. From there they started their matchmaking business.

Buffy heard a door slamming up from behind her, which pulled her out of her thoughts. The old man came back to the counter with the video player in hand. “Sorry ma’am we can’t fix it. Apparently this seems to be a very old model, and even if we tried to fix it, we could never find the parts needed.”

“But you said you can fix anything, anytime, anywhere. Your signboard says so!” Buffy argued, thinking that everyday of her life was full of crap. Why did she even think this day would be different.

“Sorry lady.” The old man replied. Handing her the player.

“Huh… can you at least get the video out, it’s kind of important.”

“Sure thing, be right back.”

She then picked up her cell to call Willow to tell her about their electronic problem. How are they suppose to run a business now, she can’t afford to buy a new player, hell she can’t even afford to buy coffee at Starbucks.

~~ Office, Match-made in Heaven ~~

Buffy went inside the store, holding the alleged video in her hand. ‘I guess I won’t be able to watch this video anytime soon’ she thought as she tossed the video on her desk. Then she heard the bell on the door of the store rang. ‘Oh, great what now’ while she heads out of the office and into the counter with a faked smile on her face.

Ding. Ding. “Anybody there?” a woman with long blonde hair walked up to the counter.

“Yes ma’am how may I be of service?” Buffy asked with a plastered smile on her face.

“ I would like to submit this video, and I wish to look at some of your available bachelors.” The blonde woman said in a high pitched voice.

“Um… If you could just fill up this form please, before we take your video. And um… I’m sorry about…”

Just then Willow came barging into the door carrying a big box. “Here’s the player, Willow here to save the day!” The redhead said while panting.

“Oh, I guess you can look at the videos after all. Wait a minute, while I fix it up for you. You can give Willow your form when you’re done filling it out.” Excitedly Buffy made her way to the back to fix up the player for their first customer for the day.

After a couple of minutes, Buffy came out from the back and lead the way for the woman to follow her in to the audio-visual room.

After watching what seemed to be millions of tapes of bachelors, the blonde woman was not satisfied and insisted on Buffy if they still had some more videos. Buffy then thought of the video that she tossed on her desk this morning when she came in. She quickly went to her office to retrieve the video.

The two blondes then sat on the chairs set up at the audio-visual room to watch the last tape of hopefully a decent gentleman. Buffy never saw this tape because the player had crashed on her yesterday. The only thing she could do is hope that this was not like the one with the lady in a pink tutu, because they might just lose their only possible client and God knows she can’t afford that.

Click. “Bloody hell! Fine! Just this once. Is the thing on already? Okay.” A blonde guy in a blue button down shirt said at the camera. “ Hey, ‘m William. I don’t really know what I’m looking for in a woman. I guess, I would like a woman that is simple, intelligent and has a good sense of humor, I guess you can say that I like ‘the girl next door’ kind of gal. I wished to share with this lady my passion for music and I would like a woman who loves long walks at the beach and someone who will like me for… me.”

Click. Buffy was suddenly touched with what the man had said. She thought that his sparking blue eyes stared directly at her. She had seen a lot of these videos, most of the men where all about shit. Trying to impress whoever was watching the video with showing off their muscles or something. But this man was different; he was not too showy and actually looked sincere when he was talking to the camera. It’s not like he had nothing to show off. The guy had cheekbones so sharp you would think it could cut through you and his eyes… they were mesmerizing her as she watched the video.

“I want this guy.” The blonde woman said aloud. Which cut Buffy off her thoughts.

“Um… Are you sure ma’am?” Buffy asked, concerned about the blonde’s decision. Actually she thought in the back of her mind that she also wanted this guy. He was different from any man she met after her last boyfriend, Liam.

“Yeah, I’m sure. So, how do I get on a date with him?” The blonde woman asked.

Buffy looked at her clipboard to see the woman’s name. “Well, Miss Harmony Kimball, we first have to contact um…”

“William.” Harmony supplied impatiently.

“Yes indeed, William, and asked him to come by if he wishes to set up a date with you or to watch you video first.”

“How long is this going to take?” Harmony was really eager to go out with the blonde man in the video.

“It depends on what he decides ma’am. We will inform him right away of your choice and we will contact you as soon as he tells us his decision.” Buffy said reassuringly. As she escorted the woman out of the shop.

“So… did I hear we have a client?” Willow asked while searching through the file cabinets.

“Yeah, our first!” The blonde replied. “Will, where did you get the money for the new player?”

“Just used my mom’s credit card.” Willow Rosenberg was one of those straight A students. She can pretty much get anything she wanted as long as she stays in medical school, as her mom wants her to.

“But… isn’t it for emergencies only? You might get in trouble?”

“Nah… It’s no big deal. It is out of my allowance.”

“Don’t worry Will, I’ll pay you back as soon as this account pulls through. I promise.”

“Come on, no need to pay me back, we are partners in this business right? I’m just more of the financial partner.” Willow laughed at that.

“Thanks Will, really owe you one there.”

“Can you look for a William Bennedict in the files Will?” ‘Might as well get it over with right now’. She thought.

‘Sure thing!”

~~ William’s Office ~~

“$30,000? Fine. Settle it.” William said as he placed the receiver back on the rack.

It had been 2 weeks since the Bronzing he and Xander did. Which later led to the making of his profile video for the Match-made in Heaven Agency. He actually felt better already; he had gone back to work and started on the piles of paperwork that he had neglected. He now has just settled the lawsuit he was facing on a certain reader; his life was finally getting back in order.

(speaker) “Mr. Bennedict, there is a call for you in line 2.”

“Yeah, thanks Lilah.”

“E…lo!”

“Hello? Is this Mr. William Bennedict?” The woman on the other line asked.

“Yes, this is he. Who is this?”

“Oh, hello Mr. Bennedict, I’m Buffy from Match-made in Heaven. I would just like to inform you that a lady named Harmony Kimball had seen your profile video and would like to know if you would be interested in going on a date with her.”

William was silent. He did not know what to say to the lady on the other line. He certainly needed to go out. It had a month since he last went out on a date. But he was not sure if this was the right thing to do. “Umm… Can I just get back to you on that one?”

“Sure thing Mr.Bennedict. You can just give us a call or drop by the agency when you have decided on it. Have a nice day!”

“You too.” Was all William answered.

~~ William’s Apartment ~~

As William rode the elevator to his apartment, he never could take his mind off of what to do with call he had received today. He was kind of interested to find out who this Harmony chick is, maybe this was one of those signs from the almighty that he should take, but then again he was never that religious. He certainly did not want to break the woman’s heart by saying no. So he thought it would not hurt to go out on just one date with this girl, you never know she might be the one he was looking for.

As he reached his apartment door and opened it to reveal, a very lazy Xander sitting on his black leather recliner surfing through the channels. “Hey man! What the bloody hell are you doing here, sitting in my couch, watching on my television and…”

He cocked his eyebrow when he saw Xander holding a big bag of chips. “…eating my food.”

“Hello Will, didn’t hear you come in. I got out of work early today, stupid workers forget that we needed the bulldozer today. How can we make a new building if we don’t tear the old own down.” Xander had been assigned to his first big project, and was very excited to be the finally the one in charge. “So… how was your work? Did your people forgot to order paper or something?”

“Nah… work was fine.” As Will sat himself on the matching black leather couch. “Just got a call from that matchmaking agency. They say a girl was interested or something.”

“ Way the go Spike!” Spike was a nickname William had in high school, being the bully that he was. “So, what did you say?” A suddenly excited Xander jumped up of his sit to ask his friend. This certainly was more interesting than ‘how can we survive in the wild’ on the Discovery Channel.

“I did not say a bloody thing.”

“Well why didn’t you say yes?”

“Because…”

"Because what?” Xander said mockingly.

“Oh… don’t give me that shit! Its not like you have been out on a date since, oh… I don’t know… HIGH SCHOOL.” William defended. He knew his best friend was never that lucky when it came to women.

“I’m just saying. Maybe this girl has a friend, that would be interested on a double date.”

“What are we in Jr. High! We have to go out on bloody group dates.”

“Again, just a suggestion.”

“Fine, I’ll stop by the agency tomorrow. But I can’t promise you anything about that double date though.” Spike said. Actually relieved that maybe if he did not like this girl, he could always use Xander as an excuse to get the hell out.

to be continued...