A/N: A little note, of course I couldn't let Dru be that bad... I love her! =)

Epilogue

She didn’t know how she ended up here but somehow she did. Buffy was looking over the town of Sunnydale, it was sure a spectacular sight. The lights of the establishments were illuminated. From here it looked liked the small town was a mini Las Vegas or she could be just imagining it. The first time she went here was on the night of her birthday. He had brought her here, remembering just that wiped the smile off her face, ‘Why am I even here?’ Just as she was about ready to leave and get back home. She reached over to the other side of the car to close the window knocking her purse onto the floor and spilling all it’s contents in the process. ‘Damn!’ she cursed herself as she picked up her things.

One of her things was knocked to the farther end of the car floor so she had to get out and walk to the other side to reach it. She opened the passenger door and reached beneath the dashboard to retrieve the item. She hauled it over in front of her face and she couldn’t help but let a tear fall.

She was holding a silver locket, the silver locket he had given her that day that he brought her here. She clutched it in her hand as she walked over to the near bench and sat looking out onto the sight in front of her eyes. Clasping the jewel near her heart more tears fell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He had been everywhere! Every single place he could think of that she would be. He even checked allies and bars but she was no where in sight. He didn’t know where he was gonna look next. He just kept on driving, following where his instinct took him. The longer he couldn’t find her, the more anxious he got about her safety. He hasn’t actually seen Buffy drive before but from the stories he heard she can’t be that bad.

William was now passing the road a little bit off Sunnydale, he didn’t know why he even drove here, Buffy would never go here. Just as soon as he was ready to turn back he saw a glimpse of blonde hair and then an SUV just beside the bench where the woman sat. Following his gut he pulled the car over and got off stalking over to the cliff end.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She now had the locket around her neck, she knew it was just a reminder something that would stop her from moving on but she didn’t care. She had almost forgotten of it shoving it under her bed as soon as… she didn’t really want to think about that. She had opened it and found the picture of the two of them on their first date, if one can call it a date. It was like love at first sight for her and maybe it was for him too. And as they say the faster you fall the faster you stay falling. She didn’t know why she wanted to stay here but she did.

Suddenly she heard ruffled sounds and footsteps approaching, her heart was pounding hard. Is it a mugger that saw it as a good opportunity to come and rob a helpless girl who was alone beside a cliff bawling her eyes out? But before she could decide on what her next move was gonna be the figure was standing right in front of her.

“Hey…!” it asked. She looked up wiping on her tear-streaked cheeks hoping for the worst.

“Hey…” she answered when she saw who it was. “You look nice,” she mindlessly commented.

William just shrugged his shoulders in response. “I need your help…” he sat on the spot beside her.

“On what?” she asked avoiding his eyes and staring out into the town below.

“You see I was your client back in LA.”

She cut him off, “Oh, you don’t like your match? Well I can’t help you there. See we sort of closed…”

“No. That’s not the problem,” he answered. “Actually I think-no, I’m sure I found the perfect one.” Then there was silence as neither of them spoke only the ruffle of the tress could be heard. “So, I was wondering if you could help me get her back?”

Buffy was feeling very much confused and curious on where this thing was going. “Why? Where did she go?”

“That’s not it either… you see I have been a real jerk and-“

She cut him off yet again, “Maybe if you describe her, it might be easier for me to remember.”

“Well…” William breathed in deep still looking straight onto the direction of Buffy. “She’s blonde, petite…gorgeous, with the biggest heart I have ever known. So understanding and patient… a generous sister and a loving daughter. She was probably the best person I have ever met… probably ever will… and she loves lilies.”

Again silence befell them. “What would you tell her if you find her?” she asked still looking out into the night refusing to look straight at him.

“I’ll tell her that I’m sorry and that I had been a fool. That I really missed her and that… that I love her.” He leaned down trying to catch her eye. Maybe if she saw him say it she’d make herself believe it. “That I never should have run away, I should have fought for her… us and that I made a big mistake and hope that it’s not too late…”

“I don’t think you are…” she said as their eyes finally met for the first time as she bestowed him a warm smile which he returned gratefully. And then they awkwardly looked away from each other for a good minute or so.

“Lilies, huh?”

“Yeah, white ones. She loved them.”

“I don’t think she’ll be that hard to find…”

“Yeah?” he asked as he inched towards her.

“Yeah. I already know where she is.”

The End

A/N: Finally, the story's finished. As I said this an old story just newly posted. I'm so glad you guys supoorted this fic like you did. Extra thanks to those who always left a review Laine, Caitie, BuffyandSpikeForever, lindsay, Cordykitten, Ebontier, Seraiza, Jessica, Melissa and wow. And about the grammar glitch, I do have a friend (dormate!) of mine looking over it , told her to focus more on the tenses so hopefully it would improve. Till next time you guys, you can always check out Ligh in the Dark Anyway, I'd still love to hear what you think about the ending! Kindly feed my review-hungry appetite =) Thanks ever so much again for all the support!
--msperfect