Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Sorry about the delay in updates I had a little writers block and decided to take some time to figure out where to go with this. Well moving things right along I hope everyone is liking how things are going in the story. There is a character death in this chapter, also get ready for things to heat up between two characters.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 9

“What the hell was that about?” Gunn asked, glancing over at William who was heading toward his little friend Willow and a boy with very vivid red head of hair.

“Well talk about that later.” William sighed kneeling down besides Willow who was holding Oz gently.

“He saved me, pushed me out of the way.” Willow whispered softly as the ambulance left with Oz in tow.

“Well that says a lot about him doesn’t it.” William smiled putting an arm around Willow. “We better get inside Giles will want to go over everything in detail. I think that was assassin number two.”

“Great I can’t wait to see what number three is like.” Willow mumbled as they headed inside.


Chapter 10: Instinct

Sunnydale High Library

William sighed as he placed a Band-Aid on Willow’s knee, she hadn’t come out of the little escapade completely unscathed.

Giving her a gentle smile he leaned against the library’s check out desk, and glanced over at Giles who was once again flipping through books which didn’t seem to have that many answers for them at the moment.

“So number 2, is way gun happy.” He sighed the books hadn’t helped so far and he wanted to get Giles’s head out from between the current ancient tomb he was glued to at the moment. “Makes me wonder exactly what number 3 is packing.”

“I know what you mean.” Gunn responded leaned over the counter propping himself up against it. He had been thinking the same thing. “I really didn’t expect supernatural assassins to use guns, it just seems wrong.”

“Well we are human, we might be sturdier, and stronger but were still mortal.” William responded their gazes meeting for a moment. “Fastest means to an end, I did however expect a skilled assassin to be smarter than to try to take me out in the middle of a school job fair.”

“Fastest means, to an end,” Giles responded his attention leaving his books to focus on his slayer. “When else or for that matter where else would you feel that safe its not the usual place for your enemies to confront you.”

“Except for Buffy,” Willow responded glancing up at the men around her.

The doors to the library swung open revealing Xander and Cordelia. Williams gaze fell on Cordelia because first she was with Xander willingly it seemed, and second she wasn’t looking her very best.

“Their friends,” William informed Gunn as he saw the other Slayer start toward them.

“So who sponsored career day today the British Soccer Fan Association.” Xander’s humor as always was a little off and Giles rolled his eyes.

“We had a rather violent visit from the order this afternoon.” Giles headed toward the texts he had laid out on the library table.

“Speaking of the order we met up with the king freak of the order.” Xander replied his gaze narrowing on the newcomer who’s gaze followed Cordelia as she passed by them shivering slightly as she headed toward the tables. After their little encounter not to long ago in the basement he was feeling a little protective.

“And who are we?” Xander asked, raising a brow.

“That is Gunn, he’s a Slayer.” Will responded as he passed by Xander heading toward the tables.

“Really, I knew all that I am the only one stuff was just a crock of.” Xander began but was abruptly cut off.

“What exactly was the assassin you encountered like?” Giles asked, focused on what was at hand not the latest ramblings of Xander. Just as he asked Cordelia began freaking out tearing at her hair, and centipede fell onto the book she had been looking at.

“Uh, Uh I am going to shower.” Cordy cried as she fled the room.

“Just like that,” Xander pointed at the bug.

“You and bug people Xander.” Will shook his head glancing up at his friend remembering their preying mantis teacher.

“This was nothing like her, this was a man made up of bugs, thank you very much.” Xander pointed out slamming the book closed feeling a definite sliver of satisfaction course through him at the action.

“Well the important thing is that everyone is okay, it seems the Order has been sent to keep Will busy while Buffy finds the cure for Angelus. I’ve uncovered a few things about the ritual it seems that the Sire of the afflicted vampire is needed to complete the ritual.” Giles began.

Will glanced up at Giles words. “You mean the vampire who sired him.”

“Yes, exactly,” Giles responded glancing over at Will noting how tense he was at the moment. “What is it?” He asked softly.

“Angelus’s sire, the vampire that made him is Dru.” Will confessed his gaze focused upon his Watcher.

“Man that girl got around.” Xander let the quip slip regretting it instantly.

“We have to save Dru.” Will ignored Xander the constant barbs at Dru were nothing new.

“Drucilla, that’s who you’re talking about right?” Gunn asked, glancing around seeing he was right on target. “You have to be joking we stake the bitch and make sure that this Buffy can’t use her in the ritual.”

Will stood up so abruptly the chair he was sitting in sailed backwards and closed the gap between him and Gunn.

“Dru works with us she is one of us, do you understand me.” Will growled.

Gunn had to fight the urge to strike out at the other Slayer who was defiantly getting in his face. Something was going on with this Dru, he had seen them together earlier, what ever the relationship these two had wasn’t going to stop him from doing his job.

“I understand.” Gunn growled between his teeth. “Back off.”

Will stepped back their gazes clashing before he turned away.

“I need to find Dru, get her somewhere safe.” Will headed for the door and realized Gunn was right behind him.

“You don’t have to come.” Will tossed over his shoulder as he continued out the door.


“Yeah I do.” Gunn responded, because if the other Slayer wasn’t willing to do what needed to be done then he was going to have to step in.

Buffy pushed open the door leading into Angelus’s room and the she couldn’t help the growl that escaped her lips as she took in the sight before her and Angelus’s idea of playing. His hands were gripping Dru’s slender hips he had her bent forward slightly her arms tied to the bed posts as his hips thrust himself between the souled vampire’s buttocks. Tears were streaked down Dru’s face, and Buffy knew she wasn’t enjoying the rough ride and if her bruised and battered body was any indication this hadn’t been the only rough ride of the night.

“Enough.” Buffy shoved Angelus off Dru sending him tumbling to the floor his face shifted for a moment and he actually growled at her as he did up his pants. Severing Dru’s bindings she jerked her to her feet by her hair glaring at Angelus.

“You said I could play.” He smiled, as he pulled on his shirt.

“I thought you were too weak for such play.” Buffy responded holding Dru up.

“Mommy needed to be punished for being such a bad girl.” Angelus responded a cruel smile touched his lips. “I didn’t scold you when you played with your Spike. I am sick not stupid I could smell him on you.”

Buffy glared at Angelus and his use of her pet name for the Slayer, she didn’t think he was aware enough during the past few weeks to pick up on anything.

“We need to get going, to start the ritual.” Buffy sighed. “We will talk about this when you are better.”


Will had a serious urge to knock Willy’s teeth out as the man confessed that he had turned Dru over to Buffy.

“We should get your watcher.” Gunn cut in as Will began to drag Willy out of the bar.

“There isn’t time, Dru could be dead by then.”

“News flash she is already dead, and if you go in there half-cocked your dead too.” Gunn moved forward.

“Do what you have too I am going to get Dru.” Will ignored the other Slayers warning and led Willy out of the bar.

“Fine,” Gunn glared at the door for a moment then headed toward the door. What ever was between Dru and Will was the other Slayers business, Gunn had a job to do and he headed to find the Watcher.

“Never say your friend Willy never did you a favor.” Willy smiled to himself as they headed down the corridor he knew what was waiting for them around the corner.

Will felt them before they turned the corner as the took hold of him he didn’t fight because he wanted them to take him, because they would take him right to Buffy.

Elagor, I name thee bringer of war, poisons, pariahs, and grand obscenities.” Buffy lifted the elaborate cross that held the knife that held the power to restore Angelus to his glory. The church was being remodeled but was perfect for their purpose.

“Elagor, wretched master of decay bring your black medicine and restore your most imperious, murderous child.” Making her way toward the embracing couple she held the Dulac cross and slid the blade from its depths, and had to temper her hatred of Dru. In truth she would rather sink the knife into her heart but the ritual was very specific, and in the end Dru would be dead regardless.

“From the blood of the sire he is risen.” Glancing at Angelus he was fading fast already his body might be too weak to survive the rest of the ritual. Without thought she plunged the knife between their entwined hands. A smile touched her lips at Dru’s cry of pain as the spark began to flow between them, and Angelus began to siphon Dru’s strength. In just the first few moments yet she could already see him becoming stronger, and all the fears that he wouldn’t make it were extinguished.

“From the blood of the sire he is reborn.” With the final words of the spell released power surged between their bodies and energy crackled to life between them. Soon things would be perfect just as they should be.

Perfect lasted all of a 10 seconds as the doors leading into the church opened and Willy walked in. Buffy growled softly when she saw exactly who Willy had in tow the Slayer.

Spike’s gaze flew to Dru and the sight of her so crudely connected to a dark haired vampire he had yet to run into, which meant it must be Angelus. Then his gaze settled on Buffy, her eyes were burning and looked like liquid emeralds. Power crackled around her and swirled within the depths of those eyes.

“Protect them.” Buffy growled at Kendra and Elise her gaze fixed on the Slayer her eyes blazing. “This won’t take long.” Buffy vaulted over the dais on the raised platform her gaze fixed on the Slayer stopping as she reached Willy.

“Are you a complete idiot why did you bring him here?” Buffy’s eyes focused on Willy.

Willy stumbled back a step right into the Slayer, as he stammered out an answer. “The bounty it said dead or alive, you never said where and when you wanted him delivered.”

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that I might not want the Slayer mucking up the ritual.” Buffy growled grabbing the sniveling fool by the front of his shirt, and shoving him out of the way, her attention focusing on the Slayer.

William tried not to respond as Buffy’s eyes met his own, he almost succeeded but not quite. She truly was a sight, and even when she was terrifying she was beautiful.

A smirk touched her lips and she walked around him as he was forced to remain still due to the two vampires flanking him. Spike felt her presence close him before she pressed against his back.

Buffy moved behind the slayer her gaze falling on the turtleneck he wore covering her mark. Instinct made her run her tongue along his neck, a soft purr escaping her lips at the tremor that went through his body not to mention his amazing scent and taste.

Buffy sighed moving up against his back her hands sliding across his hips. “A pretty sight isn’t it?” Buffy asked softly. “Don’t be angry Spike.” Buffy smiled using her pet name for him. “Dru is only making Angelus better she owes it to him, she made him the way he is its only fitting she save him from wasting away.”

“Really,” William asked softly, very aware of the woman pressed against his back, and of the woman before him who needed him to save her. “What happens when Angelus is all better, he won’t need you to take care of him anymore, then where will that leave you?”

William cursed softly as he was forced down to his knees her fingers sliding into his hair and jerking his head back.

“My Angelus will always need me.” Buffy growled softly the words flaring up old insecurities she possessed regarding Dru, and Angelus.

Spike was prepared for the blow and he managed to bring his hands up to block it and twist himself away from her grasp. Only to find himself at the receiving end of a blow that sent him flying. He glanced up just as Buffy gripped him by the throat jerking him upright lifting him slightly off the floor.

Buffy barely got hold of the slayer when something or rather someone swept her feet out from under her. She went down but only for a second and came up meeting the gaze of a young African American man, who she instantly recognized as a Slayer. He was accompanied by Spike’s usually annoying little pack of friends.

“Ah, the Calvary,” she purred softly meeting the gaze of the new Slayer in front of her. “I really don’t have time to get to know another Slayer, and I don’t really want to.” Buffy smiled, and struck out at the slayer forcing him back giving her some room because she could feel her slayer getting to his feet.

“Two for the price of one,” Gunn smirked, this little girl was the one giving them so much trouble it would only take him a minute and this would all be done.

“Gunn!” William warned as he watched the other Slayer move in because Buffy had been anticipating it and she moved into the fight blocking every blow. William moved forward because he knew she was just waiting for the right moment when she could with one shot take Gunn out.

Buffy was tired of this one already everything was text book so boring. Then of course she could feel Spike advancing entering the fight.

In the middle of the two Slayer’s Buffy easily fought them both off, she was tired of waiting so she took a shot at the new Slayer and sent him flying and leaving her free to turn all her attention onto Spike.

Giles managed to dispatch the vampire he engaged upon entering the room in time to see William fighting a vampire. It was sight to see his Slayer in action but never had he seen his Slayer move quite like this. It was as if they were made to fight one another. The vampire was a surprise she was scrap of a girl after seeing William after their scrapes he was expecting someone bigger. Yet as he watched her move he knew looks could be deceiving, she moved like quicksilver.

“This is always fun Slayer, but its time to end this.” Buffy purred as she advanced on the Slayer, a blow to her back sent her to her knees.

“Forget about me.” Gunn growled swinging the two-by-four he picked up after he managed to get to his feet, again. The girl really packed a punch, he wasn’t about to give her a chance at a second shot. “Go get your girl.” Gunn managed to jump back as her booted foot grazed his midsection. Gunn swallowed his fear as she looked back toward him, great he had pissed her off.

William headed toward the dais and found his way blocked by two vampires ready to fight. He really was tired of fighting girls; every time he did he could here his mom telling him that boys didn’t hit girls. They were good and he was worn down, one punched him in the face while the other kicked him in the stomach he heard them hiss and glanced up to see the blond clutching her face and the other girl backing up from Giles who held a vial of holy water and cross.

Jumping up onto the dais he jerked the knife out and winced as Dru screamed, and he caught her in his arms.

“Buffy.” Angelus moaned, as Spike carried Dru to safety.

Buffy growled at the pitiful cry, and struck out at the Slayer with all her strength sending him crashing into an alcove. While Spike was busy with Dru she jumped easily onto the dais and lifted Angelus into her arms.

“I’ve got you.” Buffy whispered easily lifting Angelus into her arms.

The church was in complete chaos, there were several fights going on, some who part of the building had caught alight and the fire was spreading rapidly. Kendra & Elise were fighting the watcher and the new Slayer. Holding Angelus close she saw a path past the organ that would lead them to safety. Once she got Angelus outside she would come back and get the rest of her people.

Spike reached Willow just as he saw Buffy carrying the love of her undead life.

“Help her outside.” Spike yelled at Willow handing off Dru, and without thinking he picked up the closest thing and with an expert and swung it over his head and then launched it at the couple. Buffy lost her balance and the couple crashed into the organ, and perhaps due to the renovations or the age of the building, or even the fire it sent the entire wall crashing down upon them.

“We have to get out of here.” Giles yelled stepping back from the vampires he was currently fighting and loosing for their attention was on the pile of rubble.

Spike stood staring at the pile, he had done it finally he had taken Buffy out. So why didn’t he feel overjoyed, he should have been ecstatic he actually felt nothing, empty. Instead he stood there staring as the two vampires began to claw at the burning wreck frantically.

“Let’s Go.” Gunn grabbed his arm as he passed by yanking him along. As soon as they were outside Willow deposited Dru in his arms. Pulling her close he stared at the building as the fire spread.


It had taken time, but he managed to track them here, not even his Sire knew were they were conducting the ritual. Misha motioned toward his crew and without words they knew what he wanted and they moved toward the burning building. The slayer and his crew had come out; he had not felt the death of one of his line so that meant that Angelus and Buffy must still be inside.

The building was engulfed in flames; they only managed to pinpoint their brethren because of the wailing duo clawing at the mound. It was an impressive sight and a testament to their loyalty to their mistress that they hadn’t fled to save themselves.

Misha moved forward they didn’t have time and they would need everyone’s help to get her out in time. As they clawed at the debris they uncovered Angelus and he almost ordered his men to leave him to the fire. Misha moved past his minions most of them had been with him since his humans days, he had turned those loyal to him. Reaching down he scooped up the petite blond he could tell her injuries were severe.

Misha glanced down at the girl cradled in his arms, as the building behind them crumbled into itself. The sound of sirens could be heard, but by the time they arrived they would be long gone. Misha glanced over to see Sonja carrying Angelus effortlessly if Angelus gave them trouble he would stake him before Buffy woke and simply tell her he died in the fire.