Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 2

“I am from all over the place.” Lindsey smiled moving closer to the boy. “Just here for a visit with the family.”

“Well, I had better get back to my friends.” Gage headed toward the stairs but found his way blocked, when he glanced up the scream that formed in his throat was stilled by a hand crushing his throat.

“I think you will be a nice little addition to the family, Gage.” Lindsey growled just before he sunk his teeth into the boy’s neck.

Chapter 3

Spike saw a familiar figure rush through the crowd of the Bronze and outside. A moment of fear made him pause in pursuing Buffy. It would be their first encounter since she had quite thoroughly kicked his ass. In the end his duty won out and he headed outside a few minutes behind the vampire.

He found Buffy letting a girl slide to the floor beside a Neon Green VW Beetle. The sickening sound of flesh hitting the ground seemed to echo throughout the vacant lot just behind the club. A soft breeze blew the few locks of hair obscuring her face, aside and he realized that he knew this particular girl. Her name escaped him but they had passed each other in the hall that just that afternoon. Green inhuman eyes flashed glowing softly as she licked her fangs as they retracted a smile touching her lips as their gazes met.

Pushing the fear he felt aside he pulled out his stake and moved toward her.

“Its been awhile Slayer, been sulking about licking your wounds?” Buffy asked softly because she knew that even though she had neglected her little slayer he had changed his routine to avoid her. It was actually a good thing predictability could get you killed.

“I don’t sulk.” William responded and circled around trying to gain a better position for attack.

“Don’t you? Dru broods and her little underage lover sulks because you are star-crossed lovers kept apart by circumstances beyond your control.” Buffy smirked seeking the barb hit home. “I’ve heard the tale before, frankly your both rather pathetic.” Predictability set in and the Slayer attacked just as she thought he would.

They traded blows, and Buffy quickly realized her little slayer had been doing a little extra training and a little weightlifting to boot. “Been working out luv?” Buffy asked as they parted and faced off once again.

William didn’t answer he was trying to focus the flurry of blows they traded seemed beyond his ability yet he had held his own, but then he had thought that once before.

“Where is Dru, by the way I have been meaning to look the old dear up and catch up. Last time I saw her she was, well actually running away, but then it suits the bitch perfectly.” Buffy smiled and struck out sending the slayer flying through the air crashing into a pile of crates. Moving forward she wasn’t prepared as William came up swinging a piece of the crate, sending her reeling back and using a trick of her own swept her feet out from under her, and she sailed through the air landing on her back.

William couldn’t believe it for a moment and coming to his senses he moved forward, he could end it right now kill her and be done with it. No more dreams or doubts he would be free of Buffy Summers. The broken piece of crate would work its end was jagged, he raised it above her chest and drove it down with all his strength.

Buffy was stunned for just a second, and when she came to her senses a piece of wood was heading straight for her heart. Instinct kicked in and she raised her hand and the piece of wood sliced right through her palm ignoring the searing pain she shifted the woods direction so it pierced through her upper shoulder missing her heart. Their gazes met for a second both shocked and then the moment passed.

Buffy kicked up once again sending the slayer flying and quickly rose to her feet. Her hand was impaled against her shoulder and without thought she reached up with her free hand and tore the piece out with her other hand. At the moment the pain was secondary as the cause of the injury began to rise to his feet. With out a second thought Buffy moved forward and viciously kicked William in the face and he fell on his back. Playtime was over.

William glanced up just a black boot connected with his face. Get up, Get up he chanted to himself and began to roll over but another blow connected with his mid-section. He didn’t have to rise to his feet because Buffy leaned down and grasped him by the front of his shirt and hauled him up. He looked down into her beautiful face, smeared with a patch of her own blood. Unlike last time he knew she wasn’t playing or taunting him. Within the depths of her green eyes he could see his death. He was scared he had been since he followed her outside. Even when he faced the Master and knew he was going to die he had accepted it but this wasn’t something he expected.

In a last ditch effort to get away from her he tried one last move to put some distance between them. He couldn’t believe it was his only option but at the moment run, run, and run was the only thought passing through his mind.

Buffy actually started laughing. She couldn’t believe the slayer of all people had tried such a childish move. The demon inside her actually calmed and the rage and instinct to kill what had caused it pain died down.

“Well, well was that a part of your new training, or something you learned on the playground.” Buffy murmured her voice husky with laughter. “Really Slayer couldn’t you think of anything better?”

William couldn’t believe she was laughing at him, a vampire was laughing at him. “Actually!” He growled and now that his mind wasn’t focused on his fear he managed to execute a move that broke her hold and grabbing her injured hand he twisted her arm forcing her body down and kicked her in the stomach once then twice. She went down and using a move she had earlier he sent a staggering blow to her gut. Blow after blow fell and he kicked her over and he picked the piece of crate still bloody from when it had tore thru her flesh earlier.

Buffy gazed up at the stars she knew the slayer was coming. His workout really had helped out though it was her wounds that slowly zapped her strength. The piece of wood had gone deeper than she had first thought, and after the incident in the bronze with Gage she wasn’t quite herself.

William moved forward with out pause he raised his hand and was so intent he didn’t sense the second vampire coming up behind him until a steel grip wrapped around his wrist.

“I don’t think so boy.” A voice growled just before he sailed through the air.
Buffy glanced up into a face she hadn’t seen in almost 100 years. “Lindsey.” She murmured truly surprised.

“Elizabeth.” Lindsey smiled refusing to call her by Angel’s pet name for her, “I’ll be right back.” Turning his attention to the Slayer who was getting to his feet. Lindsey wasn’t stupid he avoided most of them at all costs but this boy was getting in his way. “So your Dru’s little pet.” Lindsey murmured.

“I am no ones pet.” William growled moving forward.

“Impulsive, I can see what she finds appealing in you.” Lindsey smiled. “She actually warned me to stay away from you, I assured her you are hardly my type.” Lindsey smiled letting his gaze fall over the boys figure in caress. He saw the boy’s entire body tense, it was offsetting and distracting the boy just as he meant it too.

“Now we can fight, I am at an advantage since I haven’t gone a few rounds with Elizabeth, or we can both walk away.” Lindsey hoped he chose the later he really didn’t want to fight a Slayer.

William glanced over at Buffy who was slowly rising to her feet. There would be another time and place her intent gaze promised that. “I owe her one.” William sighed, as their gazes never learning the others. “But next time were even.” William saw her eyes shift and start to glow green. It unnerved him to no end how her eyes stayed green not shifting to yellow like every other vampire he had come across, nor did her facial features shift, just the fangs.

“Well then, we will be on our way.” Lindsey stepped back not giving the Slayer his back, he wasn’t stupid or that trusting. Moving to Buffy he picked her up with out pause and knowing she would watch his back carried her to the car he had waiting, with Gage’s body in the trunk.
Buffy watched William over Lindsey’s shoulder his hair was wild and Spiked up and really made him look far more attractive than when he slicked it all back. He remained where he was watching them even as Lindsey slid her into the car. Buffy shifted herself so she could watch him as Lindsey got into the car and started the ignition.

“I am going to kill that boy.” Buffy smiled blowing the slayer a kiss just before they drove away.

William couldn’t help the smile that touched his lips at the vampire’s audacity, but it wasn’t the only reason he was smiling. He had held his own, almost taken her out, if it hadn’t been for the other vampire she would have been dust in the wind.

(Things will get a bit more intimate between William and Buffy in the next chapter, and William acquires the nickname Spike. Next chapter will be much longer)