Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Not promising anything spuffy yet but there is a hint of something starting between them. I know I promised something bigger/better but it just wasn’t right yet. And to Flameywicca, I do plan on giving Faith a vamp of her very own in later chapters.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 5

“Soon my love you will be well.” Buffy caressed his cheek lifting her lips to his. Their mouths merged into a long endless kiss filled with longing, and love.

“I am well tonight.” Angelus purred softly his face shifting as he pulled her closer it had been awhile since he had felt so good, enough to do more just kiss his princess.


Chapter 6

Buffy slid from beneath the covers of the bed making sure she didn’t disturb Angelus as he slept. Things had started out wonderfully, mind-blowing actually then they deteriorated from there. Angelus started babbling about dirty little fairies dancing around the bed. Quickly sliding on her clothes she left the room making her way to the one person who could make him strong again.

Dalton was hunched over his desk scribbling madly, as he mumbled to himself.

“Any luck?” Buffy asked, slowly approaching his desk her gaze moving over the various books littering the desk.

“I can’t decipher any of this, none of it makes sense.” Dalton glanced up frustrated that he was being disturbed even if it was Buffy he was so close.

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked moving to his side glancing down at the book he was currently working on. Flipping the pages she found herself easily deciphering a clutter of nonsense.

“It’s a puzzle.” Angelus’s voice came from the doorway. Buffy turned to see him leaning against the doorway. For such an imposing figure he looked so fragile though his gaze was intent. In complete contrast his voice was barely audible as he spoke, “I woke and you weren’t there.”

“A puzzle?” Buffy asked moving to his side and helping him into Dalton’s study and a nearby chair.

Dalton pushed up his glasses a frown on his face. “Perhaps in code.” He asked softly a spark igniting within in his eyes.

“Yes.” Angelus replied leaning his head against her breast his eyes fluttering closed as a sigh escaped his lips. “You need the key. The voices fluttering, yelling, screaming say you need the key to crack the code.” Angelus reached out touching the book he flipped the book closed and ran his fingers over the name at the bottom. “Where he lies you will find the key.”

Buffy glanced at the name engraved boldly into the leather, Dulac. Lovingly she caressed Angel’s hair resting her head on top of his. “Where he lies.” Dalton murmured.

“In his grave.” Buffy answered meeting Dalton’s gaze. “Or perhaps within his tomb?” Running her fingers into Angelus’s hair she smiled. “Very clever, my love. Lets get you back to bed you have done enough for tonight.”

Lindsey pushed away from the wall he had followed Angelus, and found himself perhaps with a way to gain a little leverage over Buffy, or least get into her good graces. They needed a key to unlock the cure for Angelus.

Quickly moving toward his room he knew exactly whom he would send to follow Buffy’s little bookworm tonight, and gain him the key. If they succeeded things would work out for the best, but if not well then they could always be replaced.


Buffy helped Angelus to his feet without difficulty and led him back to their room.

When the sun set her minions would comb every cemetery in the area and find Dulac’s resting place and the key. Soon Angelus would be better and things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as their lives could.


Elsewhere in Sunnydale

Thoughts of vampires always brought William back to one in particular, and oddly those thoughts were not of Dru. Buffy the image of her dancing was seared into his mind. God what a sight, he hadn’t been able to look away there was something about her that caused his usual kill it and move on mentality to stall. Buffy awoke something deep within him that he was scared to let go something that Dru had yet to touch.

William made his way toward Dru’s. He was running later than expected since he decided to walk Willow home after he little encounter with Buffy. Willow had been freaked out after her encounter with Buffy. What ever Buffy had said really set Willow on edge, and Xander decided it was a good night to have a sleep over. If he hadn’t promised Dru he would stop by William knew exactly where he would be, but she was waiting.

William knocked on the door, after a moment it slid open revealing the woman he loved. Leaning forward he kissed her lips gently moving into her place.

Dru touched her lips gently he had barely brushed his lips against her but they were tingling.

“I am glad you came.” Dru, sighed softly shutting the door. “We really need to talk.”

“About?” William asked, he knew exactly what or rather whom she wished to talk about but he wasn’t ready to talk because he really didn’t understand his feelings at the moment.

"Buffy.” Dru replied sharply causing William to raise a brow at her tone.

“What about her?” William sat on the couch Dru had in the room, he had been to the place only a few times. It was just one room, but Dru used furniture to create different areas of the room. A screen here and there was a bedroom, there were little mementos of her life scattered throughout the room.

“I don’t want to lecture you William, I know you get enough of that from Giles.” Dru was nervous she wasn’t sure how to say what she wanted to say. William had become her world in such a short amount time, he had come to mean everything to her, and she wasn’t about to loose him to that soulless bitch.

William sighed, running his hands over his face. Not only was he physically tired, but also he was also tired of the same routine they went through whenever they had a disagreement. Due to the amount of time Dru had spent on the earth she was automatically so much wiser than he was, and she knew what was right, he was after all just a kid. Regardless of the fact that she had spent most of that time as the scourge of Europe doing things she tried to hide from him.

“You don’t want or mean to but you are going to lecture me anyway.” William rubbed the bridge of his nose he felt old at that moment yet he was only 17; he really was starting to feel old.

“I saw you tonight the way you looked at Buffy.” Dru began then stopped herself from continuing because she didn’t want to come across as jealous even though that is exactly what she was the slayer was hers.

“What do you think you saw?” He asked getting defensive he really did not want to talk about Buffy.

“Buffy is dangerous.” Dru, decided to take a different approach.

“More so than the Master, who if you recall I slayed.” William shot back he was starting to get pissed, and when he got pissed he mouthed off sometimes saying things he shouldn’t say.

“If you recall the Master managed to kill you, and in so many ways Buffy if more dangerous because when you look at her you don’t see a monster do you?” Dru threw back at him. “You see the golden blond hair, beautiful face, the perfect girl.” Dru hadn’t meant to say the last part, because it was the truth. Angelus had chosen her at the perfect moment where she matured, and would always remain that perfect age.

William rose from the couch, as something clicked in his mind. The night he had seen Dru and Angelus and the look in her eye. “This isn’t about you being concerned that she is all big and bad, it’s about you and the fact that Buffy took Angelus from you.” William growled tired of their argument, just tired of the constant struggle to be with Dru. “Do you think so little of the feelings I have for you that you think a tight little package is all it takes to win me over?”

“Its not that.” Dru replied even though she was lying, knowing it even as she let the words pass through her lips. “It’s about being aware that Buffy is more than what she seems. The little episode at the Bronze is just her playing with you, it is what she does.” Dru saw him move toward the door and stepped in his way. “Everything is a game to her, except Angelus he is the only thing she cares about. In the end, all Buffy’s actions and desires lead back to Angelus.”

That simple statement set William on edge, and he felt jealous. He wasn’t meant to feel jealous in any way shape or form when thinking of Buffy.

William’s mind shifted to the night he had Buffy beneath him as he drove the stake into her skin. Then to parent teachers night, when she had him pressed against the wall her body pressed against his. It had been amazing to finally win, it had overshadowed the underlying attraction and effect Buffy had on him since the moment they met, he ignored them or rather denied them because of his feelings for Dru.

“What are you so scared of Dru?” He asked softly touching her cheek looking into her eyes searching not sure what he was looking for. “Buffy killing me or perhaps you’re afraid you are going to loose me to her, as well.” William didn’t wait for a reply he simply left if he stayed they would simply talk circles around one and other. If Dru didn’t believe in his love, there was nothing he could say or do to change the way she felt at the moment she could be so stubborn. He might be attracted to Buffy but he hardly knew her, what was between them at the moment was physical it had to be, because he loved Dru.

As he moved quickly toward Revello Drive, the soft glow of light from the far end of the cemetery he taking a short cut through brought a smile to William’s lips. Just what he needed something to take the edge off before he got home.

Dalton peered into the opening he had made reaching inside carefully. A smile touched his lips as his hand closed around the object that would truly ensure that his Master remained pleased with him. Pulling the object out he slowly unwrapped the object from the decaying rough cloth surrounding the cross of Dulac.

One moment everything was perfect the next moment the sound of fighting filtered into the tomb. Not now, Dalton thought moving toward the door he knew without a doubt that the Slayer was outside taking out the minions Buffy had sent with him to ensure the safety of the cross. So close, he was so close to pleasing his Master.

It was now or never, he could either run for it or cower in the tomb waiting for the Slayer to come to him. The slayer was something to fear, but his master was something to be terrified of because the slayer was a quick death while Buffy was quite another matter.

Bracing himself Dalton ran out into the night. The slayer was busy with the last of the minions. Dalton took off running, and heard a painful moan as wood connected with tissue. Not looking back he continued running.

William moved with ease through the cemetery he knew it like the back of his hand vaulting over a headstone he brought his prey down rolling he came to his feet finding himself staring down at surprisingly a bookish looking vampire that reminded him a little of Giles clutching a package to his chest.

“Well, well.” William began but a sharp blow to his back caught him unawares and he whirled around to find a new player on the field.

“My, my I wasn’t expecting you to be so very tasty. I can see what all the fuss is about.” Faith’s saucy smile faded as she took in the reality of a ticked off slayer, who’s attention was now focused solely upon her person. So far in her short life she hadn’t taken out a slayer and as the slayer met her gaze all her earlier bravado shrank away, as the reality that she was now facing off with the slayer hit her full force.

“You won’t have the chance to find out.” William growled at the dark-haired leather clad vampire. The bookish one scrambled to his feet and took off. William knew that he should follow the one with the book, but he was itching for a fight and this one looked like she could provide him with one.

“Really?” Faith asked her gaze traveling over his body, what a tight little body. “I’ve never fought a Slayer before, been hankering to try especially ever since I found out Buffy took out two.”

William took a deep breath; once again Buffy was intruding upon his life. The girl before him had been turned between 17-21 and to some she might look good, but he thought she was a bit trashy but still she looked good.

Faith wasn’t prepared for the first blow it sent her flying. Wow, Lindsey had told her Slayer’s were strong but she hadn’t expected that kind of power. Managing to get to her feet she was a little better prepared as the Slayer advanced. They traded several blows and Faith found out quickly that she was outmatched.

As yet another blow sent her reeling she was getting pissed off because she knew he could have ended this at anytime, he was playing with her. He was the slayer he wasn’t supposed to enjoy this, he was simply meant to do his duty.

“Getting a kick out of this.” Faith asked wiping blood from her mouth. “I thought you were the good guy.”

William couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his face, he had been thinking about his conversation with Dru and her condescending attitude while he fought with Faith. His mind really hadn’t been on the fight.

“There’s nothing in the rule book that says I can’t have a little fun when slaying, and I’m not even really trying, yet.” William met her gaze and Faith wished she had kept her big mouth shut as he moved toward her.


As Buffy made her through the cemetery toward Dulac’s tomb she caught sight of Dalton running madly through the cemetery, with something clutched to his chest.

Something had been bothering her since she had sent Dalton out. Kendra and Elise were watching Angelus he was really starting to slip into his spells more than not, and they were her most trusted associates.

Moving quickly he was running like a pack of wolfs were chasing him. He was just running so she had to tackle him to the ground to stop him.

“Mistress.” He breathed heavily out fear not from lack of breath. “The Slayer.”

Looking down at him she saw he was clutching a bundle to his chest.

“Is that my cross?” Buffy asked helping her charge to his feet.

“Yes.” Dalton nodded enjoying the moment as his mistress held him close, it was after all just a moment.

“Head home, I will take care of the slayer.” Buffy smiled, impulsively giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Good work Dalton.” Buffy threw over her shoulder as she headed toward the slayers scent.

As she got closer she became aware of another scent, which set her on edge, Faith.



Faith found herself on her stomach, this time though she really thought he had broken something. Scrambling on her hands and knees she found herself staring at a pair of black boots. She could feel the slayer behind her and she knew the creature standing before her was so much worse, yet at this moment was her only salvation. Glancing up she met Buffy’s gaze.

William stopped, as Buffy appeared in front of the vampire crawling to get away from him. He actually felt guilty; because he had been toying with the vampire he had let her crawl away from him when he could have ended it, and someone had witnessed his actions.

“Go.” Buffy said her gaze flickering over Faith. She might not like the girl, but she was far more interested in the slayer at the moment. He had been watching Faith crawl away, enjoying the moment perhaps thinking of someone else, and she was almost 100% sure that it wasn’t her this time.

“Twice in one evening, should I feel flattered?” William found himself thinking of the way she had moved on the dance floor. She had changed her clothes, he found that a little disappointing.

“Hardly, luv.” Buffy smiled, “Enjoying yourself?” She asked motioning in the direction Faith had fled. “I would never have guessed that you were a sadist. Though she is just a vampire right, so its alright to torture, and humiliate her, since she doesn’t have a soul,” Buffy drawled raising a brow.

William shrugged not sure why he hadn’t just dusted the vampire why he had been toying with her, drawing it out. He had been using her to work out his frustrations with Dru, and with the Vampire taunting.

“Love the look by the way.” Buffy replied his hair was all mussed not slicked back she liked it that way all spiked up. A smirk touched her lips as she thought up a new nickname for him; she did have a tendency to use nicknames and he would really hate the one she gave him, which made it so much better. “How’s Red.” Buffy asked, watching him get all puffed up, he really was quite amazing.

“What did you do to her?” William immediately went on the defensive at the mention of Willow, well Red actually but he knew exactly whom she was talking about.

“I didn’t do anything, we merely exchanged words.” Buffy began to stroll around him. “Did she say I did something?” Buffy asked, as with everything she did there was a purpose, she wasn’t just casually strolling around though it may look that way. The look on that gorgeous face let her know that he wasn’t even aware he had reveled a weakness one that could be exploited, his friends.

“Stay away from her?” William replied, watching Buffy as she moved around him finally leaning back a large headstone.

“Really, what shall you do?” Buffy asked raising a brow as he advanced. “Sick Dru on me, not really scared of my sire, or haven’t you figured that out yet.” Buffy smirked arching her body back a little, delight coursed through her as his eyes traveled across her body lingering in certain places. “Red is a lovely girl, so quiet I bet she would make a magnificent.” Buffy trailed off as William advanced, predictable as always.

Buffy ducked as he threw a punch that landed on the statue breaking off a chunk of stone. “Wouldn’t be surprised if you just broke something. You really need to work on that temper, you’re tad to impulsive luv.” As she spoke Buffy slammed a fist into his side left open by the swing he took at her.

William felt like bulldozer had just connected with his rib's that was defiantly going to leave a mark. Buffy was moving past him and without thinking he brought back the fist he had thrown, his elbow connecting with the back of her neck. It wasn’t the most impressive move but it made her stumble and catching the fabric of her leather jacket he used it to propel her back into the statue her head cracking against the hard surface.

William thought about a hundred different things he could do in that moment, yet he wasn’t really thinking when he did the one thing that had never should have crossed his mind.

Buffy was expecting many things but she never expected the Slayers next move. If he had decided to stake her during she would have been a pile of dust, it shocked her to the core.

One minute she felt her head explode as it made contact with the statue the next she found herself pressed against the statue, William’s body pressed against hers, they fit one and other like a glove.

And those wonderful lips tasting hers, for a moment she was stunned because this was nothing like their kiss before. She had been taunting him the first time. It was in her nature to tease since she knew he found her attractive despite her being a vampire and she liked to throw it in his face, and set him off balance at key moments. Doubts briefly filtered through her mind wondering if he was trying to the same thing, but they slipped away second by second as his lips moved over hers. At the moment she really didn’t care.

William couldn’t believe what he was doing. All evening he had been doing things he knew he shouldn’t. It started out with him watching, and truly getting turned on by watching Buffy dance at the Bronze. Then because of the effect she had on him he brushed Dru off, not wanting to deal with Dru. Early he had been beating and torturing a vampire while he thought of Dru, and now he was kissing Buffy. Even as these thoughts filled his head he ran his tongue across her lower lip and felt her lips part. God she tasted wonderful was the only thought that entered his mind as he deepened the kiss.

As the slayer’s tongue ran across her own, Buffy couldn’t stop herself from parting her lips and enjoying the moment. He pressed himself closer to her body and she shifted wanting to feel him pressed against all the right spots. Not wanting to break contact with his body she ran her hands up his back as he controlled the kiss. He was amazing, she loved the feel of him he was so wonderfully warm.

William had kissed a vampire before so he had been prepared for the difference in their body temperatures, but he hadn’t expected her taste so wonderfully she tasted like sunshine, which was odd considering. It was nothing like the kisses he shared with Dru full of tenderness, respect, and love. This was raw wanting, and need. He didn’t love Buffy he hardly knew her, what he did know came from books and their fighting, yet he still wanted her despite what he did know and his feelings for Dru.

Buffy arched back pressing her body against his, she wanted more than just kisses and she could tell that his body wanted more, as well. Pulling back from his intoxicating kisses she was surprised as he jerked her closer his kiss intensifying as one hand slid from her waist beneath her blouse. Her skin was infused with heat as his hand slowly slid across her cool skin up along her side.

William found himself drowning in Buffy, he couldn’t think beyond the moment beyond what she was making him feel. He loved the feel of her skin beneath his palm so he moved slowly enjoying the way her kiss became more, wild with each stroke. Finally he skimmed the curve of her breast and he wasn’t shocked that she wasn’t wearing a bra, after seeing her earlier that evening he would have been disappointed if she had. Running his fingers across the curve of her breast he stroked the skin and felt her shiver against him. Slowly he slid his palm up cupping her breast, he moaned as Buffy’s hips rocked against his as she pressed herself more fully into his palm.

Buffy couldn’t believe that this boy, was making her feel this way, she was shivering at his touch as if she had never been touched before. Then again, she had never been with a human, even when she was human. Suddenly William pulled back from their kiss, and Buffy gazed up into blazing blue.

“I love Dru.” William managed, as he stared down into flaming green eyes, which shifted quite suddenly at his whispered words into glowing orbs.

One minute their bodies were entwined the next he tumbled across the grass finally landing on his back. Self-preservation made him roll over and rise up onto his knees. Never in all his life had he seen a woman look more beautiful, and bloodcurdling at the same time. Buffy’s eyes were a blaze but glowing, and the air about her seemed to crackle with energy.

Only one thought filtered through his mind at that moment.

OH SHIT.