Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Sorry for the delay in updates. Work & Life have a way of leading an author astray. I promised earlier but Spike has now been dubbed Spike by Buffy. Another update will be in just a few days. Thanks!!!
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 7
Kendra gave a slight nod and moved toward the sound of the Slayers heavy breathing. He really was beacon for anything looking for easy prey tonight. Kendra followed him closer than she normally would he was far to focused on his anger and pain to sense her at the moment. Which also meant he wasn’t taking the time to notice other creatures sulking in the darkness. Their progress was slow and Kendra had to take out three vampires along the way, but finally he stumbled across the threshold of his house. Now that her task was complete Kendra headed back to her mistress.
Chapter 8
Faith finally managed to struggle to her feet it took some work, and it was the most excruciating experience of her life or rather un-life so far. The damn slayer didn’t look like he could do so much damage. It was going to take days for her to recover, already she could feel several bones that would have to be set before they healed so she wasn’t permanently damaged. She just needed to get to her sire he would make everything okay; everything would be all right when she got to Lindsey.

Revello Drive
William managed to stumble inside his house. At least he would be safe from vampires or rather Buffy that was until he stepped outside the comforting walls of home. Taking a ragged breath he held his side and began to walk toward the stairs. Thank god for Slayer healing otherwise he would probably be dead. The pain was already less intense though by no means close to fading. It would take days perhaps a week or two before he was at full strength.
A sound brought his head up and Dawn stood at the top of the stairs, engulfed in darkness. Though their mother had no idea what he was, it had been impossible to keep the truth from Dawn. Naturally curious she unearthed the truth before their move from LA.
“Will, what happened?” She asked softly coming down the stairs. Dawn had to swallow her tears and had to remind herself of the conversations she and Will had long ago. He was the Slayer it was his duty he was chosen to fight the darkness, and he was the only one. Well the prophecy was far longer than that but that was the abbreviated version. “Let me help you, in case mom wakes up.” Dawn quickly made her way down the stairs.
After all of the trouble in LA they really didn’t want their mother to see Will in such a state. Already she was becoming suspicious with the troubles Will was having at school. They managed to make their way to his room, and Dawn deposited him on the bed and turned to shut the door. Dawn had helped Will before when he had been hurt, but she had never seen him this bad.
“Who, What did this?” Dawn asked softly kneeling to help him take of his boots.
“A vampire.” Will murmured oddly comforted by the tender care of his sister. Dawn at times could whine and complain but beneath all of that there was this side and at times like this he wouldn’t trade her for anything in the world. Perhaps if you asked him in a few days he might feel differently.
“A vampire?” Dawn was surprised he dusted Vampires every night it was the normal, and from what she could gather from the bits and pieces she learned from the Scooby’s they were rather common and the easiest to Slay, even Xander had killed a Vampire.
Will couldn’t stop the chuckle that escaped his lips at Buffy being referred to in that tone. “Not a run of the mill vampire this one is a Master.” Will sucked in a breath as Dawn tugged gently on his boot god that hurt, actually he hurt all over.
“You’ve killed the Master.” Dawn supplied starting on the second boot.
“I killed a Master. This ones different she is like nothing I have faced before.” Will was ready this time as his boot slid from his foot. He also wasn’t about to reveal anything more to Dawn her curiosity was already peaked and he didn’t want her trying to find out anything else about Buffy. One thing his little sis was quite resourceful.
“Lie down Will I will be right back.” Dawn whispered as she maneuvered his legs onto the bed. Dawn glanced over her shoulder watching Will’s eyes flutter closed with a slight groan.
When she returned he was asleep or rather passed out. Gently she quickly tended to the small cuts and bruises. Then sat looking down at her big brother.

Will had always been different. At one time he had been considered a nerd, by many though never by her. He wore glasses and always had a book somewhere on his person and he wrote poetry. Beneath the surface though he had always had that resolve there was something that held the bullies back from taking their teasing to far, he sort of faded into the background though everyone was aware he was right there. Then one day as if by magic he changed. Still to this day she had no idea what promoted the change. He started listening to punk rock especially the Sex Pistols. Then his look started to change. Practically overnight he went from background material to center stage.

Then the trouble started which was the catalyst to their parents breakup. Dawn knew Will blamed himself for their parent’s breakup but in truth even Dawn knew their parents weren’t happy, and hadn’t been for sometime. Will’s sudden problems gave them final excuse they needed to separate.

Then they arrived in Sunnydale to leave all their problems behind, only they moved right onto the hell mouth. It was kind of funny how their mother having the choice of moving them anywhere in the US or for that matter anywhere in the world, moved them right onto the hell mouth. Sunnydale was a place where Will would never be able to ignore his calling.

Lying down next to her brother, Dawn settled in. Tonight it was her brother who needed someone.

Buffy’s Lair

Lindsey paced back and forth in the room he had been allotted by his grandchilde. Before him knelt his own child Faith. He had such hopes for her yet she had failed him already.

“I can make no excuses.” Faith snuck a glance at Lindsey from beneath her lashes. She hadn’t been with Lindsey long enough to know what he was thinking, but she could tell he wasn’t happy.

Lindsey wanted to flay the skin from Faiths back, and then toss her in an alley somewhere, but that would hardly be to his benefit. One thing about Faith she was so eager to belong she would do anything to gain his affection and approval, anything. It wouldn’t be easy to find someone so willing to give up all control to another just for acceptance.

“You will have to make this up to me Faith.” Lindsey sighed his mind working a mile a minute as he thought how best to salvage the situation. “So Buffy’s little pet has the key?” He asked, Dalton was untouchable if he wished to stay in Buffy’s good grace; however there were other possibilities.

“Yes.” Faith admitted lowering her head hoping the posturing and show of submission would appease some of his anger.

“Perhaps, there is something.” Lindsey sighed his gaze falling on Lewis. One thing Lewis was excellent at was spying. “Lewis I want you on Dalton the moment he finds anything out about Angelus’s cure I want to know.”

“Yes Master.” Lewis bowed, and left his masters presence. He had been in Lindsey’s service since before Dru and Buffy ever entered his Sire’s life, and he would follow any order given because his Sire had lifted him from mediocrity and gave him purpose and power.

Faith rose to her feet. “Faith, I didn’t tell you to get up did I?” Came the soft commanding voice of her master. Faith sunk back down on her knees. “Its time for your punishment. It seems that my newest addition to the family has quite a flair in that department.” Those words sent a shiver down her spine, especially when she saw Gage move forward a menacing smile upon his lips, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. So far the newly turned vampire had remained in the background, but that hadn’t stopped Faith’s teasing about his lusting after Buffy or taunting him with herself and then with drawing laughing in his face so confident in her position as the masters favorite. If that smirk on his face was any indication she knew she was going to pay.

“No permanent damage.” Lindsey threw over his shoulder, meeting Gages gaze. It had been surprising how well the boy took to torture, he was still crude but then Lindsey had been inflicting the art of torture for centuries he was a master at it. Faith was properly restrained and it was time for the girl to be reined in a little. Now that Faith was occupied it was time to put a few things in motion to ensure things turned out exactly how he planned.


Buffy smiled as she lay down on the bed in her personal bedroom. Angelus lay asleep in their bedroom. It would be far too painful to be around her lover in this state and not to be able to be with him.

“Would you like me to prepare you a bath?” Elise asked, smiling at her mistress.

“That would be wonderful.” Buffy smiled rolling onto her stomach. “With bubbles.”

“You are positively glowing.” Elise remarked, which was the truth while her Sire normally had an aura about her today or rather tonight she was positively beaming.

“Slayer blood tends to do that.” Buffy murmured softly. “I feel like I could fly.”

“Dalton is working on the cure, as we speak he thinks we should have all the information soon.”

Buffy sighed, watching Elise prepare her bath. “How is Angelus doing?”

“He sleeps most of the time.” Elise responded softly.

“Has Kendra come back?” Buffy asked softly.

“Yes, she said that he returned home safely. It really isn’t wise to keep taunting the slayer perhaps you should just kill the boy and get it over with.” Elise didn’t fear her mistress Kendra and Elise had always been able to talk openly with their sire, in that area that had nothing to fear, only if they defied their masters orders would they fear her retribution.

“Would killing the boy really be the easiest solution? If I kill him another simply rises. Perhaps a little more green but still fresh and spunky. I think for now I prefer this slayer, he is at least predictable.” Buffy sighed lying to her minion. Tonight at the beginning he had been anything but predictable, but then he ended on the same old predictable note. “At least I won’t have to worry about him mucking about in my business for a few days at least.”

“He heals fast even for a Slayer, perhaps another diversion is required.” Elise responded.

“Perhaps.” Buffy rose from the bed as Elise fiddled with the antique tub. It wasn’t the most luxurious she had ever had but at the moment was very inviting. “We really need to find a new place.”

Elsewhere in Sunnydale

Lindsey wasted no time traveling through Sunnydale. Unlike many of his brethren he found modern transportation to his liking, and bought a BMW it suited his aristocratic tendencies. Once long ago servants and others of his station looked up to him had called him Lord. Then he had met the Master. He had seen something inside Lindsey and took him without giving him the choice. It had been wonderful and horrid at the same time.

He pulled up to a dilapidated old building just on the outskirts of town. To the unknowing it looked like one of many of the old houses in the area left to decay. Some still held residents; this one had till his clan moved in. Normally they would be living in the lap of luxury even the lowest of his house, but they needed to maintain a low profile. He had brought only the best of the best. The rest of his house remained back in Europe, until he claimed the hell mouth for his own. It was only fitting his sire had been imprisoned and killed here.

The slayer had given him pause, unlike Buffy he really tended to avoid slayers they were an unnecessary risk. This one he had met and had seen the tail end of his fight with Buffy just as he managed to best her. The fact that the boy had bested not only Buffy but the Master as well made Lindsey cautious.

Moving into the house the front room looked abandoned but once you passed through the main living room his followers had begun to make things more comfortable. As he came into their presence several stopped causing the others to look toward him.

“Where is Misha?” Lindsey asked his voice commanding. Several of the vampires were Misha’s children but through Misha they belonged to him.

“Upstairs.” Mara one of the females Misha turned responded giving him a wicked smile running her tongue of her lips suggestively. She was a beauty it was something he had instilled in all his children to turn those who held this quality. It wasn’t a rule it just made things easier when it came time to hunt, especially in these times where beauty was glorified on the pages of magazines.

Lindsey ignored Mara and headed up the stairs. As he moved up the stairs he could smell the blood & sex. He needed no one to lead him toward his Childe. His house consisted of many branches, all over the world. Lindsey had always been a businessman even when it was beneath his station to dabble in an actual trade. He began his enterprise not to long after he came into his own as a Master. Over the years he had become extremely wealthy. What good was having eternity if one had to live in run down shanties, or to take another’s home when one could stay in their own home. It was fun at one time, but it was nice to have luxury at hand whenever and wherever one liked. Though there were times like now where it was necessary, to lay a claim to properties through force to gain the advantage in situations like this. Unlike most of his children he had sired Dru simply because he had wanted her not because he saw a benefit to his enterprise. Dru then turned Angelus and then Angelus turned Buffy.

Buffy, when he first saw her he was not impressed, though she had been of the upper class he could tell by her clothing, which had been thoroughly ruined by the time he set eyes upon her. Then he’d seen that spark her defiance and ability so early on to disobey her sire, and ignore Dru’s dominance over her. It still brought a smile to his lips the look on Dru’s face when she had slapped Buffy for some show of disrespect, and the fledgling had struck right back. He should have taken the girl under his wing then, and claimed her as his, but he waited to long, and her sights had set on Angelus.

Lindsey did not bother to knock. He opened the door and thought the sight might have shocked him when he was human, it was commonplace to him now.

A girl no more than 18 lay sprawled out on the floor discarded now that she was no longer useful. Once she had been attractive, now her face was pale from the loss of blood. There were deep groves marring her face, and one of her breasts was carved up so badly it was just a pile of meat, the bedding blocked his view of the girls lower body but he knew she had not been left untouched. He could guess whom, Misha had a little pet Sonja who was wicked little thing with a jealous streak for her Sire. Sonja was a little redhead wildcat devoted to Misha who saw her as nothing more than a plaything, it was understandable like so many of their kind Sonja would never be anything beyond what she was already. In over 100 years and she had remained the same. It was sad because she held out hope that one day her Sire would make her his mate.

Lindsey’s gaze focused on Sonja he knew Misha was in the next room. Sonja lay curled up on the bed her hair a crimson halo around her head. Sonja was beautiful with deep brown eyes; with her red hair it made quite the contrast. She slept as he passed by she slept like the dead, always had. Lindsey knocked softly on Misha’s door before he entered. It was rather funny the way Sonja’s rooms were always outside Misha’s she didn’t even realize he used her as a guard dog.

“Hello Sire.” Came the soft accented voice Misha stood leaning besides his bed. Misha was quite something to look at. He had black hair, and amazing deep blue eyes so dark they were almost black. His face was sculpted and masculine, he stood at 6’2 and had broad shoulders, amazing pecs, and washboard abs. He could have any woman, or man if he wished with his looks alone, but then there was that charm he could be anything you wanted and he seemed to know exactly who you wanted him to be, one moment he could the boy next door, shy timid, the next the cruelest creature you had ever imagined. Lindsey found him quite by chance in Rome. Misha was rumored to be the child of a gypsy witch, and gained himself quite a vicious reputation among smugglers and thieves. By 25 he had formed himself a syndicate of thieves, whores, and murders and ran them with a tight hand taking out several rivals along his way. One evening he managed to find himself sitting across from Lindsey in a game of poker. By the evenings end he lay dead in Lindsey’s quarters waiting his arising.

“I see Sonja hasn’t lost her touch I have a fledgling we could introduce her to, they would make quite a pair.” Lindsey smiled at his old friend. Friends it was funny because even though he Sired Misha they were just that.

“And how is little Buffy?” Misha asked. “Still protecting her little lover.” Misha smiled as he watched his Sire. He knew it ate away at Lindsey the fact that he had let a gem like Buffy slip through his fingers was beyond what he could tolerate. Lindsey had a knack for sensing out potential the fact that he hadn’t noticed or rather turned a blind eye to the girls potential was a sore spot.

Buffy and Misha had met once, and it was brief but memorable. She had only been turned a few months when they crossed each other’s path. Angelus had been with his Sire and Lindsey at the time entertaining them Buffy was left alone. He had heard Lindsey talk about her in passing, and at first he intended on terrorizing the little fledgling until he met her gaze. Even in those early days he had seen the power waiting to find release. What ever she had been before she was turned had not been entirely human. She probably wasn’t even aware of the taint in her blood, he still didn’t know for sure but he knew it was elemental and magical and if her blood had not been tainted by humanity she probably would have been immortal, but her human ancestor influenced her genetics enough to make her mortal, thus Angelus success in turning her.

“As always, though he is fading faster than expected.” Lindsey sighed. “Unfortunately she is close to find a cure.”

“Buffy always seems to find exactly what she needs.” Misha responded pushing himself away from the bed and moving toward his Sire. “She is different than you remember her?” Misha asked knowing the answer but wanting to hear it from his Sire.

“In many ways, then in many ways she is still the same.” Lindsey responded his gaze watching Misha, as he moved toward him appreciating Misha’s beauty but beyond that nothing else. With anyone else Lindsey knew Misha would use his appearance, and seduction to gain the advantage but with Lindsey they had always been just friends, as much as they could be.

“Is she stronger than you.” Misha asked knowing this answer as well, but he wanted to see if his Sire would admit it.

“I don’t know, yet.” Lindsey responded irritation tingeing his voice. “There has been a complication.” Lindsey wasn’t about to admit anymore. Misha was the most cunning person Lindsey had even known beside himself, since he knew Misha’s past and never forgot how he rose to power when he was a human.

“Really, I am not surprised.” Misha responded waiting for the order to come. Lindsey needed him to do something there was no other reason for him to come out and risk being followed and exposing his second little family.

“I would do it myself, but I am surrounded by Buffy’s brethren constantly, I need you to contact to contact the order of Taraka.”

“Not exactly a subtle move. I thought you wanted her back in the fold, not dead.” Misha asked raising a brow.

“Not for her, I need them to distract the Slayer he is getting in the way.” Lindsey responded ignoring the look from Misha, which begged for more.

Misha smiled, “She’s always had a thing for Slayers is she as fixated on this one, as she was on the one in New York?”

“She hasn’t killed him yet, that is the problem.” Lindsey glanced back at the door. A second later it opened and Sonja appeared her gaze fixated on Lindsey narrowing. They had never gotten along but she lowered her gaze after a second. It was a second to long though Lindsey didn’t have to a thing. Within the blink of an eye Misha had sent her sprawling across the floor.

“I meant no disrespect.” Sonja groveled at his feet; Misha reached down into the mass of her hair and jerked her head back forcing her gaze up to his. Blood trickled down from a split lip. Their gazes met and Lindsey shook his head in the negative. For such a trespass he could call for punishment but he couldn’t be bothered with Sonja she was the least of his worries.

“Get out of my site I will deal with you later, after you clean up your mess.” He said shoving her toward the door.

“I still don’t understand why you keep her around.” Lindsey asked, and Misha only smiled in response.

“I will contact the Order of Taraka for you, is there anything else?” Misha asked.

“Not right now just remember for now lay low.” Lindsey responded.

Once he was gone Misha called for one of his minions. He played Lindsey’s game because it was to his benefit, like Lindsey he enjoyed power, money and the pleasures that followed. He was also very interested in meeting with Buffy again, and seeing for himself how she had matured. He heard all stories about her exploits second hand; Lindsey wasn’t the only one with plans.

Lindsey made his way back toward Buffy’s current lair, from the one his contingent of minions was residing in at the moment. Lindsey had set his plan in motion and Gage would contact the Order of Taraka. The band of assassins would arrive in a day or two, and he would set them upon the Slayer. It really was irksome that not only did he have to contend with Buffy’s attachment to Angelus but now her odd attraction to the Slayer. That in its self was wrong on so many levels, but he knew could use it against his grandchilde.

As he headed back to his rooms he saw Elise slip out of a room just a few doors down from Buffy’s. So far he hadn’t seen anyone coming and going from the room, simply told that it was off limits.

Waiting for Elise to leave he moved toward the door.

“May I help you?” Came the softly accented voice from the darkness. The girl had been so still and with his mind occupied he hadn’t sensed her there in the shadows.

Lindsey glanced at the door then at one of Buffy’s favored turned ones. Kendra was amazing though she paled in comparison to Buffy, but still she had something.

“Where is your mistress?” Lindsey asked.

“In her rooms. Again can I help you?” Kendra asked stepping forward. She didn’t wish to fight Lindsey he was older and a Master and while she was one of Buffy’s companions she was sure that this one would stake her in a moment if it would benefit him.

“No I just had some information I thought she might find interesting.” Lindsey gave her a smile and moved past the room heading out before dawn. He knew exactly where Buffy was and she was not with Angelus at the moment. Interesting, very interesting.

Kendra watched him slink away. Why Buffy let that one stay under her roof she had no idea. Their time together had been before she and her mistress met, but she knew he was up to no good. Standing at her post she would be sure to let Elise know they needed to assign someone to watch over the little contingent.


Revello Drive

Dru slipped through Sunnydale by the usual short cuts avoiding the major throughways. She shouldn’t have let him leave the way she had certainly she should have followed after him. Pride it was her downfall when she was human, it was still one of her major downfalls.

William with just a glance or a look could set her off it was part of the attraction the way they interacted it had been along time since she had felt that with anyone. The last time oddly enough had been when Angelus, Lindsey, and Buffy had been together. They had been an odd family, but a family nonetheless.

Dru glanced up and found herself in a familiar spot, below William’s bedroom window. The lights were out she needed to see William and make things right between them she couldn’t wait till the next evening. Quickly climbing up to his room she was about to slide the window open when she noticed Dawn lying on the bed asleep blocking Spike from her view. Great, so she would have to wait till tomorrow the little brat sometimes just got in the way. For some reason Dawn took to disliking her from the very start. Though she kept it to herself most of the time it was apparent when their gazes met that nothing had changed between the two.

It took everything she had to walk away and leave things the way they were between them. Tomorrow she could make everything all right tomorrow.


Revello Drive – A day or so later

William stared at himself in the mirror it had been two days since his latest encounter with Buffy. He looked all right a little pale and he had a wicked cut along his eyebrow he had no idea when Buffy had given him that but he knew even with his slayer healing it would leave a scar. His gaze traveled lowered to the very visible puncture wound on the left side of his neck. The worst of the bruises were on his lower body, being tossed around like a rag doll really banged him up.

Reaching up he brushed his fingers along it, and a shiver went through his body as his mind drifted back to that moment his heart pounding, Buffy pressed against him, his arms wrapped around her holding her against him, the thoughts caused a moan to escape his lips, and he closed his eyes caressing the wound. Realizing what he was doing he jerked his hand away startled his gaze settled on the wound. There really wasn’t anything he could do to cover it up. It was sunny outside so a turtleneck was out of the question. He did what he had done for the past few days he slapped a band-aid on and if anyone asked he used the story that he nicked himself while shaving.

Since he was looking better Will didn’t have to try to avoid his mother on his way out for school. Dawn had been great running interference by coming up with some boy emergency that was keeping the both of them occupied. He owed her big time, and he knew that as nice as she was being at them moment she would defiantly collect.

Though he normally hated the differences that made him a Slayer he was truly grateful for them, since his dad would be showing up to take him and Dawn out he really didn’t want to look like he’d had the shit beaten out of him. It was Dawn’s turn to choose so he wasn’t sure what they were going to be doing, but last time she chose to go to see some chick flick that was over 3 hours long it seemed and he was pretty sure tonight’s little outing would be along the same lines.

Sunnydale Airport

The baggage door opened and Phil stepped away to move to baggage cart closer. With the attendant away from the door Gunn slid from the cargo plane and found his way to the parking lot of the small airport. This was really to easy; he didn’t want to meet the Slayer. Even his own watcher referred to William as they Slayer. Just because the dude was called first didn’t make him the better Slayer and Gunn was going to prove it.