Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Also, Lindsey is Dru’s Sire, and is still alive, not having died in Season 1 like Darla. Also sorry for the spelling mistakes on character’s names you should find them all correct this time! Also thanks for the reviews sorry I couldn’t update sooner, writing another story and real life seem to get in the way sometimes.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 1
“I could barely breathe then she just let me go.” William frowned not ready to tell anyone about the soft kiss she placed on his lips and neck, for some reason he didn’t want to tell anyone even Dru about the brief encounter. “She said she is going to have some fun with me and Dru before she kills me.”

“You should have said something sooner.” Giles sighed.
William looked up at Giles “I need to train harder, learn more I can’t beat her right now.” Admitting his weaknesses to the only person he could.

Chapter 2 -- Family

It was everything he wished for, and yet Giles glanced up as the splintering of wood reverberated throughout the library. The old saying, “be careful what you wish for,” seemed to be coming back to haunt him tenfold. It was eerie the change that had overcome his Slayer over the last month. Right after school, William arrived to begin his training and didn’t leave until it was time to patrol. Joyce didn’t mind because Giles had lied, saying that Willow was tutoring him.
William was by far the most extraordinary young man Giles had ever known. The same willfulness and rebellious nature that Giles often complained about was exactly what made him such a formidable Slayer.

William wasn’t just concerned with the physical side of being a slayer; he dove into the watcher journals, and various supernatural volumes in his collection.

Despite his newly formed devotion to his calling William was still stubborn, and willful those were traits that were ingrained, but those same traits were now focused on one goal, becoming something more, and so far he was succeeding by leaps and bound’s.

Giles removed his glasses moving into the library, “William, perhaps you should take the evening off, it is Friday night it has been awhile since you saw Dru.” Giles couldn’t believe that he was advocating not only an evening off, but that his slayer associate with a vampire.

William stopped mid-punch glancing over at his watcher, one slim eyebrow raised. “You want me to go out with Dru now?” William asked. “I thought that it was, let me see how exactly did you put it,” William ran his hands through his hair as was habit as he mimicked Giles accent perfectly, “Ah, yes it was ill-advised for me to associate with someone of her persuasion.”

“Not amusing.” Giles rubbed the bridge of his nose. “While I admire your commitment there is such as thing as to much training. I want you to go out tonight not to patrol but to have fun, you can’t loose sight of who you are William and the people around you.”
William grabbed the towel he had flung over the back of a chair earlier and wiped the perspiration from his face, considering Giles’s advice.

It had been weeks since he had just gone out with Willow or Xander, to have fun not dragging them along to patrol. As for Dru they hadn’t seen each other in almost two weeks. Their last run in had been awkward and completely uncomfortable for them both.

In the past, he had always been able to avoid Dru’s past. He knew what she had done, but it had never been tangible, it was just something that he read in a watcher’s chronicle. When he was with Dru, he thought only of now not of what she had done, or who she might have hurt, but now he was having to face her past and be honest with himself.

And truthfully he blamed Dru, or rather Drucilla for she had made Buffy the creature she was, and now that creature was in his life. Since that night at the school he hadn’t seen the bitch, and he had been itching for the moment when he could wipe that smirk off her face.

Buffy strolled down into the little room she had given Dalton as his own private space. He was hunched over some ancient tomb mumbling.

“So, anything new to report you have been holed up in your little dungeon for days.” Buffy asked slowly circling the room looking around; it was actually rather comfy if you liked books, which of course she did.

“Yes, I have found a passage and I think that it tells of the ring.” Dalton responded without glancing up.

Buffy leaned forward across his workspace with only a flimsy wooden table between them. “The ring?” Buffy raised a brow as Dalton’s gaze finally rose from the tomb he was studying to been glowing green eyes. “I thought I told you to concentrate of finding Angel’s cure.”

Buffy watched as fear seeped into his brown eyes, and he began to move away from the table. “Master, I serve you.” Dalton’s voice was a pitiful plea turning into a whimper as the table smashed against the wall.

“Do you?” Buffy swooping down, and picking up a piece of splintered wood as she stalked toward the cowering vampire.

“Yes,” Dalton cried his eyes flickering to the makeshift stake she held. “I am the only one who can read these texts, master.”

“I can read them, or did you forget that little fact.” Buffy moved with intent grabbing him by the throat and slamming him against the wall causing several of his precious books to scatter across the floor.

“I am loyal to only you.” Dalton whispered his eyes filling with tears.

“Yes I know,” Buffy, growled her grip on his neck tightening if he were human he would be dead at the moment. “So if you wish to remain under my protection you will do as I say, do you understand?”

Buffy released him, and Dalton slid to the floor nodding in the affirmative. “I am sorry Master,” His voice barely rasped out. ”I just want to be the one to find the ring for you.” Buffy glared at his bowed head, and felt his hand stroke her booted foot reverently.

“I don’t want to have to have this conversation again.” Buffy sighed moving toward the door, really she didn’t know why she reacted to violently toward Dalton’s disobedience, and it was her reaction that was upsetting her at the moment.

When dealing with Dalton patience and understanding were her tools, not brutality. He reminded her so much of herself before she met Angel that she normally couldn’t bring herself to be cruel to him.

It was Angel, and his deteriorating condition, which caused her mood swings, and loss of control. He was truly slipping away and Dalton and his books were the only way she was going to be able to save him. The thought of loosing him was too painful.

Making her way through the factory she moved toward her and Angel’s room. Inside she could feel Angel, he was resting as he did more often than not these days.

He was lying on his back asleep, which was due to the potion she made for him earlier. It wasn’t safe for him to be running free in his condition. She almost lost him in Prague and that was when he was strong and healthy she didn’t plan on loosing him now.

Her gaze swept over him lovingly he was gorgeous with his dark hair, and those wonderfully endless brown eyes, she could lose herself in their depths. Sliding onto the bed she curled up next to his body just wanting to be close to him for a moment, it was still a few hours until she could head out.

Lying there next to her love, the Slayer came unbidden into her thoughts. It had been weeks since their little encounter. In truth she hadn’t meant to neglect him for so long, but Angel’s welfare came before her entertainment, and Slayer’s were just that for her entertainment rolled into a challenge.

William Summer’s was quite a surprise. The other Slayer’s hadn’t been a challenge at all. They were solitary creatures with ties only to their Watcher’s. The first one in China she killed quickly, and it had been surprisingly easy, and that was when she learned their little secret.

Every Slayer had a death wish; they were running against the Alock, and the odds. How many times could you go out and do what they did, and survive. The one in New York, had given her a little bit more of a challenge, she even took his coat as a reminder of their little dance.

Then when the moment came when she had them there in that final moment when they knew that she had beaten them, and that they were %oing to die she hadn’t hesitated. Yet when she looked into those amazing blue eyes of his she saw something she hadn’t expected, felt something she never imagined.

Reaching up, running her fingers through Angel’s hair she knew it had been just a moment of weakness. It was just a small setback where the two sides that made up her essence had not f-und common ground it had happened before and it would happen again.

Brushing her lips across Angel’s she wished that she had been just an ordinary girl, but then she had never been ordinary not since the day she was conceived, her becoming a vampire only complicated things further. Things were never easy for Elizabeth Anne Winters in life, so they certainly wouldn’t be any easier now.

The Bronze

William moved through the pulsing crowd gathered at the bronze to hear the latest band playing to the masses. It was the only club in town that let kids underage in so it was filled to the brim with his fellow students, and his slayer sense told him other lovely things, as well.

“Well hello Salty Goodness.” Cordilla Chase purred seeing the object of her affections moving through the crowd.

“You must be kidding, he isn’t interested in anyone except that Goth girl he hangs around.” Harmony Kendall’s annoying voice carried over the music.

“Watch and learn from the master girls.” Cordilla practically growled as she set out after her prey. Leaving her so called friends behind.

Catching a glimpse of Willow through the crowd William smiled moving toward her only to find himself face to face with a smiling Cordilla Chase.

“Cordy.” He acknowledged her presence with a nod and moved to continue on his way. He didn’t mind Cordilla as much as Willow and Xander, she had a sharp tongue but he suspected it was an act. He avoided her because he knew Xander had a crush on her but never made a move. No matter how he bitched about Cordilla William knew that Xander liked the girl.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you here, with your friend.” Cordilla smiled reaching out, touching his jacket and moving closer. “Did you two break up?”

“Break up?” William asked taking a step back hoping to create some space between them. “You mean Dru, no we did not break up.” William replied moving past her toward his friends.

“Really, then why did I see her with that guy the other night.” Cordilla asked.

“What guy?” Spike asked turning back to Cordilla.

“He was a little older probably in College, he had dark hair, designer clothing, very hot.” Cordilla smiled remembering the hottie she had seen Dru, talking to the other night. She was exaggerating of course they had only talked for a minute but hey all’s fair in love and war.

“Hey.” Cordy growled as William turned and stalked away toward his loser friends. With a glare in his direction she turned back to her friends who she knew had been watching them closely.

“Watch and Learn?” Harmony asked raising a brow. “And just what was I meant to learn.”

“That sometimes, you have to lay a little ground work to get what you want. And I always get what I want sooner or later.” Cordilla smiled at the vapid followers surrounded her at all times.

Buffy smiled as she leaned against the wall by the girl’s table having watched the little show. The brunette wanted the little Slayer that much was apparent, the question was whom was Dru talking too. After a little research Buffy knew that Dru was a solitary creature all soulful and broody, not fitting into the demon world or the human world, it was bloody pathetic.

Winding her way through the crowd watching all the little happy meals on legs parading around, without a clue that throughout the club vampires, and other nasties that would gobble them up at the first chance were hunting them.

The music was alluring and loud, glancing up at the walkway above the dance floor she knew several of her kind were feasting. It was a nice little place to get a bite and do other things.

The hunger was beginning to ride her, and gnaw at her stomach. Waiting to long for a bite this evening wasn’t very smart, but she had to make sure that Angel ate before she left. Scanning the crowd she was looking for an easy snack her gaze fell on a boy, a wallflower nursing his drink his gaze darting around the room nervously.

Buffy smiled, boys like this were almost too easy. They never learned really that when girls like her came onto a boy like them, then something was defiantly up but they fell for it every time.

“Hi.” Buffy smiled one of her alluring smiles, and she almost laughed as he looked around making sure she was talking to him. “I’m Buffy.”

“Hi, Jonathan.” He gave her a shy smile. The shy smile spoke volumes for she had seen hundred of boys like him, hell she had been like him for a time. The one everyone picked on the one that was beneath everyone else.

“Hey honey don’t waste your time with Johnny Boy.” A boy came up besides them. “He wouldn’t know what to do with a hot little thing like you.” Buffy watched as Jonathan slinked away, and she focused her attention on the boy in front of her.

He was hot; there was no denying that he had nothing on Angel, or the Slayer. He had on a letterman’s jacket and had that cocky attitude; he was just the type she loved to prey on they always were the ones who ended up crying and begging.

“And you would?” Buffy asked her smile turning into a wicked one.

“Oh yeah.” Gage smiled taking her hand and leading the beauty into a more private area.

”I’m Buffy by the way.” Buffy glanced back over at the dance floor. “I thought we might dance.” Really she would have liked to dance because she really enjoyed just letting herself go. A shy smile touched her lips as he turned around.

“Gage, and I thought we could go somewhere a little more private to get to know one and other.”

Private, to talk, yeah right Buffy thought rolling her eyes behind his back, didn’t guys ever learn new lines, just once she would like something original. Buffy followed him upstairs, yeah like you want to talk up here where people are either feeding or making out. Well at least he was making it easy for her; she wouldn’t have to find some stupid reason to get him alone.

“How come I have never seen you at school before?” Gage asked causing her to blink. Maybe he did really want to talk.

“Just moved here, my parents haven’t enrolled me in school just yet.” Buffy lied smoothly, leaning back against the railing she looked up at him.

“Where are you from noticed your accent and all.” Gage smiled moving closer, his intent was clear as he placed a hand on both side her on the railing.

“London, England.” Buffy smiled back, “So were you born and raised in Sunnydale.”

“Unfortunately.” Gage smiled leaning closer, “But living here has its moments.” Buffy let him move in and brush his lips against hers. Soft lips, she thought as he slid in closer his lips moving over hers. A good kisser, a surprise the jocks normally were the worst, at everything intimate.

As he slowly parted her lips Buffy ran her hands up his back. It wasn’t hard to pretend he was actually quite good. Buffy let her head fall back she felt his hands slide from the rail to her back. Surprisingly his hands didn’t head straight for her ass, but up her back pulling her closer.

Deciding to enjoy the moment she felt as if he was enveloping her into his embrace, he was taller and broader. Angel’s arms felt like that when he drew her close, it always sent a shiver down her spine, for a second each time it made her feel protected. It reminded her too much of the past, and being in Angel’s arms.

Pushing him away without a word Buffy fled down the stairs, and quickly got outside. Tears began to flow as she slid into the darkness of the alleyway, sometimes it felt like there were two very different people inside her, and it was becoming irritating.

Angry at her weakness she sent a trash dumpster flying. A girl passed by the alley fumbling with her purse and dropping a few items. Easy prey, and she was still hungry.

Gage stood staring stupidly as Buffy fled down the stairs. One moment everything had been fine then she was running off. He rubbed his chest where she had shoved him, it was a little sore she packed quite a punch.

“She tends to do that.” A voice came out of the darkness. A man with dark hair immerged. “Run off and leave a man wanting. She can be a naughty little girl.”

“Are you her boyfriend or something?” Gage asked, not really wanting to get into a fight with a jealous boyfriend.

“No, but we are family in a way.” Lindsey smiled. He had been stalking Buffy all evening, she wasn’t aware which was surprising but she other things on her mind so he wasn’t disappointed.

“Really, you don’t sound like you are from England.” Gage relaxed.

Lindsey smiled, he liked the boy he had style he’d seen the way he had watched Buffy since she arrived, and bided his time until he had seen her approach the short boy, and then made his move. More surprising was that Buffy had allowed the kiss at all. Buffy was completely loyal to that doddering idiot Angelus, to a fault.

They had been happy him and Dru, before she brought Angelus into the mix. Angelus was a constant bother with his visions, and crazy ways, the only thing he had ever done that Lindsey approved of was turn a little mouse, into a lioness. Buffy had challenged him from the very first moment they met.

Ingrained in her was the reverence for her sire, and for him as the head of their little family. Dru wasn’t happy with her arrival that fateful evening. One minute they were having fun with a little maid they picked up, the next standing in the door was Angelus with his new childe. Even then she had stars in her eyes when it came to Angelus, it was just one more thing that made him hate his grand-childe.

“I am from all over the place.” Lindsey smiled moving closer to the boy. “Just here for a visit with the family.”

“Well, I had better get back to my friends.” Gage headed toward the stairs but found his way blocked, when he glanced up the scream that formed in his throat was stilled by an hand crushing his throat.

“I think you will be a nice little addition to the family, Gage.” Lindsey growled just before he sunk his teeth into the boys neck.