Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Well sorry for the delay in updates. But chapters are coming, and new characters and old characters will be introduced, and will be seen in the next few chapters. Again this will eventually be a Spuffy story but not just yet. For those of you who have reviewed, thanks.
Rating: NC-17


Chapter 3

Giles wasn’t sure what to do with himself, disaster had been avoided but not without cost, and the cost had been dear. Another slayer laid to rest. They thwarted the Masters Harvest, but they lost Kendra in the process. Dying beneath the city in the sewer was no way for a slayer to die. What came after was what gave him nightmares.

They were able to stop the Master with Angel’s help, though they all walked away battered and bruised. The horror of what lay within the hell-mouth is not what haunted his dreams. What he with Angel’s assistance had to do to Kendra to ensure that she not rise again, is what played out each night he went to sleep. Everyday for months he spent hours going over fighting techniques and ancient texts preparing his Slayer to survive, and he failed. In the end, she died alone.

Angel, once he thought him not to be trusted, yet he found himself relying on the ever-mysterious vampire, again and again. They shared a common goal, though Angel was seeking redemption for his past. Thoughts plagued him during his waking hours, as well. Perhaps if he had gotten closer to the girl he could have given her purpose that something extra to fight for when things looked impossible.

“You can’t blame yourself Rupert.” Angel’s voice came out of the darkness. It had been 2 weeks to the day since they laid the Slayer to rest. Another one was already on her way to the Hell mouth. Once when he was a vampire he feared Slayer’s now he pitied them. They never really got to live; yet they fought so others could.

“Yes I can, I was her watcher it was my job to see to my duty, I could have done more.” Giles replied his voice scratchy.

“She wouldn’t let you.” Angel moved forward toward Giles who he considered a friend he didn’t touch him just sat across from him. It was the truth he tried they all tried but Kendra was who she was trained to be. “Kendra was set in her ways long before she became your charge, she chose her path.”

Angel sighed he knew Giles was suffering yet all he could do was be there for him, in his time of need. “There was nothing you could have done, it was her time.”

Kendra’s death touched Angel though they hadn’t gotten along he still cared. Kendra represented the Slayer he hadn’t been able to save, just as he hadn’t saved this one. Another was coming, with her he would move on not dwell on a girl he never really knew she was a fantasy, and he was living in reality.


La, California

“You can’t be serious, you can’t expose her to these creatures.” Helene spit out as she stood in Lindsey’s office occupied by two men she knew to be half-demons and assassins, among other things.

Helene couldn’t stop the words from pouring from her lips, in the past year she had begun to truly care for Elizabeth, and forgot to school herself when in Lindsey’s presence. The sight of the Derek, and Alec lounging about nursing drinks, was shocking. Their bios spoke for themselves they were cold-blooded killers to them it didn’t matter what side they fought for, as long as they received their paycheck.

Lindsey then began to drone on and Helene learned the true purpose of the two half demons as Lindsey began to outline Elizabeth’s new training plan. It was so wrong to deceive the girl in such a manner, and to allow these men near her charge. They were to be introduced to Elizabeth as if they were recruited to be part of the team.

In reality they would be testing her, and revising her training plans to adjust for any weaknesses, they would also accompany Elizabeth on her patrols. God they were going to have her start patrolling in LA. It was far too much far to fast.

“You can either be part of the team, or not.” Lindsey replied, “Either way it will happen, you can either leave or be there for Elizabeth if she needs you.” Lindsey knew it was cruel to threaten Helene in such a manner, but after her little stunt with the senior partners he no longer saw her motherly instincts as an asset they were getting in the way of his plan, and his future. His patience with the woman was wearing thin.

“If it is to much for her, promise that we will slow down.” Helene tried one last ditch effort to maintain control over her charge, but then she had never really been in control had she, it was an illusion.

“We promise that we won’t push her to far too fast, that would defeat the purpose now wouldn’t it.” Alec smiled rising. Alec saw the woman for what she was a human with abilities. There was caring in her eyes when she spoke of Elizabeth, which could complicate things but it was also a weakness. Weakness of any kind could be exploited.

They were wolf in sheep’s clothing, Helene thought as he moved closer. The blond one was the type every girl found attractive, but the dark haired one with blue eyes was the type every girl fell for, it was easy to see why these two creatures did so well in their profession, they looked like all-American boys. Lindsey was stupid if he thought he could control these men.

As they left Wolfram & Hart Derek, glanced back at the building. “I can’t believe that we are going to be teachers.”

“Not really a role I ever expected to fill, I have been many things but never did I imagine we would be doing a job like this,” Alec smiled sliding into his waiting black SUV.

“So where shall we begin.” Derek asked shutting the passenger door.

“I think we will start with the basics she’s good so much raw talent, but she could be amazing.” Alec pulled into traffic.

“Amazing?” Derek smiled. “With our help she is going to become unstoppable. What do you think of Lindsey?”

“I think he has no idea of what he is unleashing.” Alec couldn’t believe the opportunity that fell into their laps. Lindsey may have his own plans, but he was so smug to think that others in the firm didn’t have their own agenda’s or that the two men he hired to be her teachers might have their own, as well. After all the time he had spent working within Wolfram & Hart you would think Lindsey would have learned, to trust no one and that in the end you could trust that the senior partners would ensure that their agenda was fulfilled.


Sunnydale, California

“That was actually quite good Faith.” Giles smiled at his newest charge as she began her cool down exercises. Faith arrived two months ago, and was the complete opposite of Kendra. Anything but traditional Faith defiantly marched to her own drummer, but she was coming along nicely.

“Still leaving your guard down on your left side.” Angel replied, his eyes traveled down the length of her body. There was something about Faith that screamed look at me, and of course most men dead or alive looked. Ever move was sensual in fact she screamed sex.

“So will you be joining me for another night of slayage or do you have other plans?” Faith asked, god she hoped he would patrol with her. Not that she needed the back up, but Angel even though he was a vampire was hot. So far he had resisted all her best come-ons but every now and then she caught him looking.

Angel tugged his shirt on over the tank top he had worn during their sparing session. “I will meet you at the bronze.”

Faith couldn’t stop the smile that touched her lips; “I am going to clean up Giles, see you later.” Heading out of the library and into her school. It was amazing she actually attended school. Upon arriving in Sunnydale she had been shocked when Giles welcomed her with open arms, and insisted that she stay with him. The other watchers she had spent time with were so cold, and distant.

Giles really made the effort to make her feel welcome for the first time in her life, and she

Giles insisted that she attend school, it had been a priority. Then he had introduced her to the Scoobies, Kendra’s old friends. It had been awkward at first, but then they just seemed to click.

Things were going good she was actually passing all her classes, and for the first time in her life she was feeling like she belonged.

The Bronze

Faith returned blow for blow with a vamp outside the bronze. There was nothing else to do there was nothing handy to make into a stake so she was keeping it occupied until Xander returned with her stake. It had been stupid not to have it on her person, she was better than that.

“Faith.” Xander’s familiar and timely voice came from behind her, so turned and kicked out sending the vamp flying into a wall. It took only a second for her to reach out and catch the stake that he had tossed. The vamp tried to fight.

“Spike I could use a little help.” The vamp growled, but seconds later he exploded into a cloud of dust.

“Who’s Spike?” Willow, asked rising from the spot she had been thrown.

A soft clapping came from the darkness of the alley, and a man appeared. Rather a vampire appeared from the shadows. Faith actually had never seen anyone quite so riveting.

“Nice job, luv.” A smirk appeared on his lips that sent a shiver down Faith’s spine.


LA, California


“Its about time.” Alec smiled as Elizabeth sailed through the air, taking out Derek. She couldn’t hear it of course, and when they went over the video of the fight he would point out the mistakes she made, there was always room for improvement, yet it was getting harder and harder everyday to find those little mistakes.

From renowned assassin, to teacher he hadn’t thought the shift in vocations would suit him, but it did. Elizabeth was a trying student for anyone and she frustrated him and Derek to no end. Watching the fight he knew that Derek hadn’t held back as he often did she had won fair and square.

Their patrols were coming along nicely, her abilities were exceptional and she was improving faster than they had planned. Already she mastered the elementary level magic’s, her body was in perfect condition, and her fighting instincts were razor sharp. The only area they were still struggling with was with modern weapons. Elizabeth learned how to use them, was an excellent shot but when push came to shove she tended to not use them. She was a hands-on person, she could kill a demon in hand-to-hand but to shoot him from a distance just didn’t register in her mind, no matter how many times they went over it.

Sliding out of his chair Alec walked into the training room. “So are you ready for tonight’s patrol.” He asked glancing over at Derek who was favoring his left side.

“I sure am.” Elizabeth smiled picking up her towel and wiping her face off. “Are you alright?” Elizabeth frowned she had felt the change in Derek’s fighting technique toward the end of their session and had compensated by taking it down a notch. Worried that she had hurt him she moved toward Derek.

“Why don’t you go clean up and we’ll go for a bite to eat before we head out.” Alec smiled, stepping between her and Derek. Derek was hurt and his instinct would be to protect himself, and at the moment Elizabeth was not a friend but a threat.

Once Elizabeth slipped out the door Alec reached for Derek. “She really kicked your ass.” It was the plain truth, and the skill she had used usually came from years of training not in a little over 12 months.

“I am man enough to admit, that she really did.” Derek smiled tightly tilting his head back as his body began the painful process of repairing itself. “You don’t mind if I skip tonight’s patrol do you?” Derek hissed as Alec helped him up.

“I think I can let it slide.” Alec smirked as he helped Derek to his room. Elizabeth was turning into quite the little weapon, one that in the end Lindsey would never be able to control.

Sunnydale, CA

Faith glanced over her shoulder as she felt it that sense of unease that something was going to happen. This feeling always proceeded some pivotal change in her life, usually not for the better. Things were going to good, she had friends and a life. The kind of life she dreamed about but never thought she deserved. All her life she had been considered trash, then she found out she was a slayer, and the council took her in. At first she felt so lost then she came to Sunnydale and everything fell into place but sometimes she felt like she was living someone else’s life.

Moving into the corridor she made her way to Angel’s, to meet up before they went out on patrol. Once again she would be patrolling with the darkly gorgeous vampire, she would hit on him and of course he would ignore it, but there was an attraction. When he thought she was looking or paying attention she would feel his eyes on her, or catch a flash of wanting in his eyes. Why, he never acted on it she had no idea he choose to keep her at a distance.

Knocking on the door she felt silly it really wasn’t a house, but it was his home so she respected his space. There was no answer, so glancing around she decided to take a peek and see if he wasn’t inside. Sliding the door closed behind her she slowly made her way around the room.

A room that is really what it was one large room sectioned off into different living spaces. It was kind of homey in a way and Angel had taste, not her taste it was far too elegant for her taste but it was nice. Moving toward his bed she smiled for it was big and looked very comfy. Now in her fantasies she could now envision the two of them entwined between his black satin sheets.

A leather bound book caught her attention, and without thought she reached for it. It was not a book she realized as she opened it to find amazing sketches upon the pages. They were snapshots throughout time. Flipping through them she traveled through the years Angel had been on the earth. Turning a page Faith stopped at the sight of a girl sitting on steps. Beautiful, so perfect faith thought. Flipping to the next page it was of the same girl only a smile on her face. Page after page were filled with the same image.

“What are you doing?” Came the harsh question, and Faith whirled around guiltily clutching the remnants of his past.

“I was waiting.” Faith began her words stopping as the usually controlled and perfect Angel stormed over and tore the book from her hands.

“You had no right to go through my things.” Angel growled, and Faith swallowed as she saw the demon part of the souled vampire shifting beneath the surface, he hadn’t changed completely he was shifting back and forth without really ever changing.

“I am sorry.” Faith replied truly meaning it. Angel turned away from her the book clutched in his fist. “Who was she?” Faith asked.

“No one.” Angel whispered, not wanting to remember what could have been and the girl loved, but never met. She was a fantasy really because with time he realized he had never known her only known what she was to become.

“Did you love her?” Faith asked not really wanting to hear the answer; her heart was already breaking a little knowing that he had loved someone. Of course she knew in theory that he had loved someone he was over 300 years old how could he not have fallen in love.

“I never met her.” Angel said setting the book aside and turning back toward Faith.

“But did you love her?” Faith asked, she knew the answer for it had been within each line of those sketches.

“Yes I loved her, or rather I loved the possibility of her.” Angel replied softly.

“What happened to her?” Faith had to know.

“She died.” Angel replied his gaze never wavering from Faith’s, it was time to move on.

Los Angeles, CA

Elizabeth rose from where she landed when the demon she just fought imploded after she staked it through the heart.

“I have one question.” Came a very annoyed voice from behind her and she glanced over her shoulder as she sat up.

“And that would be?” She asked, rising to her feet and dusting herself off though it really didn’t matter because she was covered with pieces of the thing.

“Where is your weapon?” Alec asked raising his brow. They had gone over the weapons specs before they left and he challenged her to use it tonight instead of her stake or the wicked blade she carried concealed in a sheath along her back.

“Well.” Elizabeth began not really wanting to tell him that instead of shooting the creature she had used it to hit the thing over the head and used the very expensive weapon like a club.

Alec crossed his hands over his chest gazing down at the girl looking up at him, thinking how best to answer. “Your best bet would be to promise to at least attempt to use it properly before you resort to bludgeoning your target to death.” Alec held out his hand to help her up.

“I promise.” Elizabeth gave him a soft smile. “Not to bludgeon demon’s to death, which I might add I did not in this case because I used Mr. Pointy.” Elizabeth twirled her stake through her fingers, smiling and walked past him.

Alec smiled following in her wake his gaze falling on her swaying backside, it was going to be an interesting evening without Derek to chaperone.


Sunnydale, Ca

Angel stared at the fire before him, rather poetic that he stood in alleyway before a trashcan with a blaze filling its depths. For years he scoured through the back alleys of the world living off vermin. It seemed wrong to be doing it here but there really was no better place. Lifting the leather bound volume of his sketches he tossed it into the flames. As the flames slowly engulfed the book Angel had to force himself to stop from reaching into the flames. Perhaps without a constant reminder eventually he would forget.