Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Sorry for the delay I was at a class for work, and left my laptop at home, so I worked on my stories but am typing them up right now. I hope you like this chapter. I am going to start going off more from the exact events of the series after this chapter.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 6

Without them she had no idea what would have happened. They had burst in just in time once again she found herself right where she didn’t want to be at Spike’s mercy.

Her friends tipped the scales once again, and she wondered how she ended having friends like them.

Chapter 7 – Growing up

With friends like these who needed enemies, Elizabeth groaned as she hit the mat once again. Alec stood above her and he defiantly was not pleased with her performance.

“That was pathetic.” Alec snarled not bothering to offer the Slayer a hand up. A week since that night and everyday their training sessions became worse and worse. Everyday he could predict her every move, which he hadn’t been able to do for sometime. She was holding back not giving her all, and he had to push her past it.

“Was it really, and here I thought I was poetry in motion.” Elizabeth growled scraping herself off the exercise mat glaring at her teacher. “I don’t need this right now.”

“You have to let it go, if you don’t its going to consume you. And you will die in some dark alley somewhere before you’ve even had a chance to live.” Alec replied watching her entire body tense.

“You call this living.” Elizabeth whispered as she left the training room.

Alec heard her parting remark and chose to ignore it, not wanting to get in an argument with Elizabeth over it. The powers told him to give her space that the events that happened were foreseen, and though Elizabeth wasn’t exactly on the path they desired, she would find her way.

Walking inside their personal quarters she turned the corner and crashed into a solid wall of muscle. Glaring up at Derek she moved to pass him but he moved directly into her path.

“You can’t keep avoiding us.” His voice was soft, comforting and inviting something she didn’t want right now.

“No I can’t in case you didn’t notice we kind of live together, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.” Elizabeth huffed moving to pass him again.

“Let me ask you something?” Derek stared down at her his gaze intent. “What are you most angry about the fact that you killed a human being, or the fact that you did it so easily?”

Derek knew exactly what was bothering her because it had bothered him the first time he’d been sent in on a hit like this one Elizabeth had been sent on only his victim had been an innocent. It was just one of many crimes in his past that now tied him to the powers to do their bidding in the hopes of finding some sort of redemption.

“Get out of my way.” Elizabeth growled shoving at his chest only he didn’t move. Something inside of her snapped, and she began beating on his chest. Tears began to stream down her face as her fists connected with flesh.

Derek remained where he was bracing himself as Elizabeth began beating his chest. If the girl wanted to she could slam her fist right through his chest, and though forceful the blows were not meant to injure him. He could see the tears flowing down her cheeks, which were soon followed by sobs that tore at his heart.

Catching her wrists he pulled her forward against his chest his arms circling around her. One arm slid around her waist the other up along her back.

“It’s alright.” Derek found himself murmuring to her gently as she wept her heart out against his chest. After a few moments he shifted his arms lifting her up effortlessly and walked to her room. Depositing her safely on her bed he sat besides her gently stroking her back. Waiting until she cried herself to sleep he covered her up with a blanket folded at the end of the bed, and removed her shoes. Standing besides her bed he reached down gently brushing a lock of hair away from her face. Even after all her tears, she was still beautiful.

Shutting her bedroom door behind him, he met Alec’s gaze he had been standing in the hall for sometime just listening. Alec wanted to be the one to comfort Elizabeth, but knew that it had to be Derek.

“She’s going to be alright.” Derek passed by Alec, “I am going out for a little while.” God did he need to blow off some steam Derek thought as he slammed out the door. Elizabeth was coming into her own and to put quite simply was breathtakingly gorgeous, not to mention she could kick his ass and that was a turn on all on its own.

It was his demon half that craved a worthy mate someone who could challenge him and be his equal. Sometimes he thought the powers were torturing him for his past crimes, and he wondered if he could ever do enough good to balance the scales. It didn’t help that when Buffy looked at him she saw a brother, not a lover. No she saved those looks for Alec.

Sunnydale, Ca

“See what I’ve brought you my sweet prince.” Dru purred softly knocking the young sweet thing she’d brought to her knees before Spike.

“I’m not in the mood.” Spike glared up as his companion the love of his undead life. It had been just a few weeks since he was crippled and Dru brought him a wheelchair to get around. The vampire who brought to Slayers to their end was reduced to this, his meals brought to him.

Dru smiled, she knew he was just being difficult he needed to feed so he could be whole again. “Come for me, take a sip.”

Dru pulled the girls neck back moving her forward so was kneeling directly between his knees. It had been awhile since his last meal and she was getting worried. Already his burns were looking much better at first she thought his beautiful face was marred for ever. As he continued to feed they healed a little bit more each time.

“Fine!” He growled shifting into game face and without ceremony he sunk his fangs into the girl’s neck. The girl’s blood tasted bitter as it flowed between his lips he hated this being weak being fed like an infant.

“That’s my sweet boy.” Dru purred watching him as he fed. “You’re going to need all your strength for my party, all the invitations have been sent.”

Spike pulled back shoving the girl into Dru who chuckled softly tossing the girl aside. “My wicked boy I shan’t bring you any more treats if you don’t appreciate it.” Dru moved so she straddled him in the chair and leaned down licking a spot of blood from his lips. “I have such wonderful games planned for everyone.”

Spike leaned back gazing up into Dru’s dark eyes; she leaned down giving him a deep kiss then slid off his lap. His minions were fixing things up making them just right for his dark princess’s party.

Dru smiled holding her hands out. “It is going to be the most delicious party.” Opening her eyes she gazed at the table arrangement. “These flowers, they are all wrong.” Dru whispered then reached out toward them beginning to tear them apart. “I won’t abide them.” She growled.

Spike sighed as his girl though quite healthy now was still a bit off her rocker. “I am sure we can do something with them luv, make them just right.” Spike murmured softly giving her a smile.

Dru smiled nodding as she let the destroyed petals fall from her grasp, her hand trailing down to the boxes arranged on the table. “Can I open one?” She asked excitedly easily jumping from one topic to the next.

“You can take a peak.” Spike smiled enjoying her spirited display and giving in. Lately though her antics had begun to wear thin.

“It reeks of death.” Dru sighed peering into the box. “This is going to be my most exquisite party, because it will be the last.”


Faith made her way down one of the alleys while she was on patrol. Just as she was about to pass one near the bronze she noticed a familiar face.

“Everytime I see you, you’re stealing something?” She asked the bookish vampire as he lifted a box from the back of a truck and moved toward him. As she moved past the truck the door swung open striking her, and she came up swinging the vampire was dusted before he even hit the floor.

The bookish one let out a squeak and tried to take off. Grabbing hold of him he began to jerk around like he was having spasms letting him go he took off and she really didn’t feel like chasing him down so she glanced down at the box.

Picking it up carrying it back to Giles place, they were having a Scooby meeting tonight and they could all take a peak. Faith sighed give her a fight any day she was the first one in, this research stuff just wasn’t for her.

Managing the door and the box Faith slipped inside finding everyone in attendance Oz, Willow, Xander, Cordy, Giles, Jenny, and of course Angel. Faith sent him a smile and set the box down.

“I found this on some vamp thought it might be important so I brought it with.” Faith sighed.

“What is it?” Willow asked.

“Not sure.” Faith frowned and reached down undoing the latch and smiling over the top at Willow. “We’ll have to take a peak.” As soon as the lid opened she rose up a little. “It’s an arm.” She frowned just as the appendage reached up and grasped her by the neck.

Angel moved forward followed by Giles and together they were able to push the arm back into the box and get the latch closed. Angel ran an arm over Faith’s shoulder as she rubbed her neck.

“What the Hell.” Faith gasped.

“She couldn’t, she wouldn’t.” Angel’s whispered his gaze sweeping the box.

“Would you mind sharing, I think we would all like to know what the hell is in that box.” Xander asked raising a brow.

“It’s a legend way before my time of a demon brought forth to rid the world of humanity. Separate the righteous from the wicked and burn the righteous down. They call him the judge.”

“The Judge, this is he?” Giles asked and Angel nodded stepping back from the box.

“Not all of him.” Angel replied meeting Giles gaze.

“Not really getting all of this, so what was so scary about the Judge.” Faith asked rolling her eyes.

“He couldn’t be killed, right?” Giles asked Angel who nodded moving closer to Faith. “An army was sent against him and most of them died. Finally they were able to dismember him, not kill him.”

“Pieces were scattered and buried in every corner of the earth.” Angel cut in his voice soft taking in the people around him, they were the righteous and would be some of the first to fall if the Judge was able to be reassembled.

“And now all the parts are being sent here?” Jenny asked. “Who would do that?”

“Drucilla, it was one of her and Spikes men who had this thing.” Faith replied her gaze sweeping the box.

“So what she’s going to do put the Judge back together again.” Xander quipped. When no one responded he slid his hands into his pockets growing quiet.

“We have to get this as far away from here as possible.” Angel sighed.

“Angel could do it.” Jenny added, it worked out perfectly she was sent to keep an eye on Angel and make sure that nothing put his soul in peril.

“No he can’t.” Faith shot back glaring at Jenny, then at Angel who was staring at the box.

“I have to.” Angel’s dark gaze lifted to hers. “I am the only one who can.” Looking around the room he knew he was the one who had to do this and not just because the rest of them had lives to live. He needed to put some space between him and Faith. He cared for her but there had always been a shadow between them a girl he had never known a girl she could never be.

“You should leave tonight.” Giles responded and Angel nodded.

Faith walked alongside Angel as they headed down the docks to the cargo ship that would take him away. The thought of him leaving was killing her, she had never known love, but she was certain that the feelings he stirred in her were love.

Sometimes when they were kissing she felt it the sensation that he wanted her loved her just as much over came her suddenly. His arms would tighten just a bit, and his kisses would become possessive. Then just as suddenly it would go away, it was so frustrating.

Angel glanced over Faith’s features as they stopped at the end of the dock. Beautiful, she was defiantly that but she was also so much like him, that it was scary. While faith fought and protected the innocent she had never been innocent her life before becoming a slayer had guaranteed that part of her was destroyed. Beneath the slayer façade he could sense it her need to be loved and to belong. It was what kept her on the straight and narrow. You only had to watch her at the bronze to guess what she had been like before the scoobies befriended her and showed her a different type of life.

“I don’t want you to go.” Faith broke the silence lifting her fingertips to his face. “I have a feeling if you leave I am never going to see you again.”

“I promise I will come back.” Angel smiled pulling Faith into his embrace. As he pulled back Faith slid her hand behind his head and pulled his lips toward hers. Angel fought the urge to pull back he promised himself he wouldn’t lead her on that she wouldn’t move on with her life if she kept up hope that something was going to happen between them.

It was a brief but for one of them a passionate kiss. Angel pulled back and gently brushed his lips against her forehead. “Take care while I am gone.” He whispered and pulled away picking up his package and giving her a soft smile headed toward the ship.

Angel never made it to the ship, as two vampires emerged from behind some large cargo boxes. At the same time several rushed Faith, and she was unprepared. They managed to get in one good blow and send her over the railing and into the water.

Angel made a choice jumping over the railing he swam toward faith, leaving the final piece of the judge up on the dock.


Dru smiled wickedly as they lifted the last piece of the Judge from the table. Swaying her music to the music that played she closed her eyes twirling around and opened them just as the last piece was being put into place.

“I hope he is all you wanted pet.” Spike purred watching her excitement with a smile. A little mayhem always put that sparkle into her eye.

“Oh he is going to give me everything I want and more.” Dru smiled walking around behind Spike and sliding her hands over his shoulder and down his chest. “I will have to thank you properly for all my gifts later tonight.” Dru purred gently biting the lobe of his ear just as they set the last piece in place. And then a glow appeared at each seam, and the casing opened to reveal her present, and he was wonderful.

Faith and Angel slid into the warehouse that was Spike and Dru’s lair. They had met up with the scoobies to inform them of the impending rise of the Judge, and they were in research mode trying to find anything at all they could use against the thing.

Moving in the shadows on the walkway above the ground floor they could see the party below. Making their way to a spot where they could get a better view they stopped as something or rather a creature that’s skin was tinted blue and had small horns coming out of his head walked into their view. Spike was moving besides him, in his wheelchair.

Faith felt that same punch in the gut sensation consume her when she saw Spike even in a wheelchair he made her feel helpless. Taking a step backwards she calmed down as she found herself pressed up against Angel’s tight body.

The Judge stopped, “What is it Mate.” They heard Spike ask just as the Judge turned his head and looked right at them.

“We have to get out of here.” Angel whispered grabbing Faith’s arm they turned to flee only to find themselves flanked with no place to go.

As they were dragged before the Judge, Faith found her gaze not fixated on the creature that could kill with just a touch but the creature sitting in a wheelchair. Spike smirked as he saw that same fear in the Slayer’s gaze.

“Crashers!” He purred his gaze sliding up Faith’s body his gaze shifted to Angel who he knew saw the exchange and smiled.

“Delicious, I only dreamed you would come.” Dru growled softly gnashing her teeth together in a little bite.

“Leave her alone.” Angel demanded trying to shirk off the hold of the vampires grasping his arms. He had seen the look Spike had given Faith and it set a part of him off.

“Oh, yea like that’s gonna work, now say pretty please.” Spike smirked lifting a wine bottle to his lips.

“The girl,” the judge cut in he could sense the goodness within.

“It’s sickening isn’t it she’s just filled with good intentions?” Dru responded.

“Take me. Take me instead of her.” Angel managed to pull the two vampires with him and put himself between Faith and the judge.

“You don’t seem to get it mate, there is no instead there is only first and second.” Spike smiled pushing his wheelchair back to allow the judge more room to work.

“And if you go first, you won’t get the chance to see your slayer die.” Dru smiled moving back behind Spike as they jerked Angel back, leaving the path to the Slayer open for him.

As the judge moved forward Faith knew she couldn’t let him touch her.

“Don’t let him touch you.” Angel cried as began to struggle with the vampires holding him. As he watched the Judge near Faith for a moment she shifted into another girl who despite his destroying every picture he drew of her still haunted his dreams.

As the Judge extending his hand toward her Faith kicked out sending him stumbling backwards

Angel slipped out of their grasp and managed to reach pulley and yank it sending a pile TV’s that had been suspended above them crashing down on the judge.

“This way,” Faith cried motioning toward the gash in the floor near the fallen debris. They slipped out through floor, and made their way into the sewer system. They didn’t have time to talk because some of Spike’s minions were right behind them.

Faith had her arms clasped about herself as they finally managed to loose Spike’s vampires, and they ended up at Angel’s place. She was freezing if she hadn’t gotten soaked in the sewers she certainly would have in the pouring rain. Tonight the skies had opened up, and it didn’t look like it was going to let up.

“You’re shaking like a leaf.” Angel reached out gently rubbing faith’s arms then thinking better of it he moved his hands away. “Let me get you something.”

Faith watched Angel move toward a chest and missed the feel of his hands on her. Tonight she felt like nothing was the same when the judge had reached for her she had felt the same emotions rise up as the night Spike held her life in his hands. Right now she wanted to feel something anything at this point other than the fear of dying.

Angel pulled out some clothes holding them out to Faith. For the first time in a long time he felt shaken. When he thought he saw the lost Slayer standing before the judge a feeling of pure terror rose up inside of him and he found himself tapping into a strength he hadn’t know he possessed.

“Put these on and get under the covers, just to warm up.” Angel found himself staring at faith his thoughts about another girl intermingling with the reality standing before him.

As Faith moved past him he followed his gaze intent upon her as the thought about how he had almost let her die tonight, that another Slayer almost passed on because he hadn’t done his job protect her.

His gaze met faith’s as she pulled off her top, and he turned around giving her some privacy. “Sorry.” He mumbled just as a soft hiss escaped her lips.

“What’s wrong?” Angel asked closing his eyes because he already knew he could smell her blood.

“It’s alright, I just got cut I think.” Faith replied trying to get a glimpse of the wound.

“Let me take a look.” Angel responded turning around and moving toward the bed. He gently slid the strap of her camisole down over her shoulder to get a better look at the wound. His fingers gently trailed along her skin.

Closing his eyes he fought off the urge to lower his lips to the wound and taste her blood. The unique scent of a slayer was in the air, and he found himself trying to control himself and focus on the girl before him not the girl in his dreams.

Faith’s eyes fluttered closed as his fingers caressed the tender skin. Turning back toward him she saw his eyes were closed and she leaned up brushing her lips against his own.

At the brush of lips against his own, Angel lost control of the part him that wanted to feel, that wanted some type of release. His lips parted against the soft willing lips brushing against his, and allowed himself too become lost in the moment.

Faith felt the difference in his kisses, and felt desired and loved. As Angel lowered them to the bed for the first time she was consumed by the thought that someone was making love to her rather than just fucking her.

Faith laid beneath Angel’s body as he moved between her thighs she knew she would remember this night for the rest of her life.

Angel moved over slender and toned body, his hips rocking against her own. His mouth parted her tender lips tasting the soft gasps of pleasure that escaped them with each thrust of his hips. As Angel pulled back it wasn’t faith’s dark eyes that stared up at him, but sparkling green eyes and golden blond hair spilled over the pillow beneath her head. In that moment it wasn’t Faith who took him over the edge it was another.

Angel woke as a sudden sensation curled out from deep with him. A warm body was pressed against him and his gaze slid over Faith lying beside him with her back facing him. The sensation crept out again this time hitting him full force and he sat up gasping unnecessarily. Getting out of the bed he pulled on his pants. Not wanting to wake Faith up he left his place and headed outside just as other wave him so hard he ground his jaw together trying to control the pain and not give in.

It felt like something was tearing him up from the inside out. Stumbling away from the door he took a few steps before it tore loose and he was driven to his knees from the force, and he knew exactly what or rather who it was, Angelus. Just as Angelus forced himself out Angel felt himself being bound and chained and pulled into darkness.

Angelus leaned back on his heels a smile touching his lips as Angel was back where belonged on the sidelines.

“Are you okay?” Came a feminine voice and Angelus felt her approach until she stood just behind him.

“Oh, I am alright now.” Angelus smiled shifting as he turned and had the first real taste of blood in a long time. Angel’s choice of sustenance made him sick but the warm adrenaline laced blood was defiantly his drink of choice. Tossing the girl aside when he was done, he smirked heading toward his place.

As he headed home he wondered if he was going to kill the Slayer tonight or if he was going to play with her for a while. Who was he kidding it had been so long he defiantly was going to play.


Alec landed on the workout room mat with a sickening thud, just the latest in a series, and though he was feeling it throughout his body, he had never been happier. Elizabeth had woken up a few days ago ready to workout and she had quite literally kicked his ass over an over. Each day she became a little better than she had ever been before.

Always she had held back a little not entirely confident, but now she seemed comfortable in her own skin and ready to test the limits of her abilities.

“I think I need a break, that’s enough for today.” Alec sighed not getting up just glancing over at his sparring partner.

“I’ll hit the shower, and see if Helene would like to work on some spells.” Elizabeth sighed picking up a towel and tossing it over her shoulder and wiping of her face.

“I thought we agreed that you would lay off the magic for awhile.” Alec leaned up on his elbows, meeting her gaze.

“You decided, and I agreed but now I have decided that I want to learn more about magic. It’s a powerful tool, and what happens when I come up against something that I can’t fight with my fists or a weapon.” Elizabeth asked, “I want to be able to defend myself against all possible attacks.”

“Those who use magic tend to get lazy in other areas relying on it more than their strength and physical skills; I just don’t want that to happen.”

“Don’t worry it won’t.” Elizabeth walked out stopping at the kitchen on her way toward Helene’s workroom.

Sticking her head in the door she smiled seeing the woman bent over a caldron.

“What’s on the menu?” Elizabeth smiled, walking into the room actually what ever brew she was cooking up smelled good.

Helene smiled; she had backed off of Elizabeth because it was time for Elizabeth to develop her skills in other areas. Helene knew that one way or another Elizabeth would return to the magic’s they were calling to a part of her that the council snuffed out in most the Slayer’s but every so often one would come along with the natural talent like Elizabeth.

“Actually, it’s a secret recipe guaranteed to make me look at least 10 years younger.” Helene chuckled stirring the brew.

“I was hoping we could work on a few things today.” Elizabeth asked softly, looking longingly at the bottles on the shelves.

“I would love to, let me finish this and we can get started.”

“Great, let me just shower and I will be right back.” Elizabeth sprinted down the hall and quickly started the shower tossing off all her clothes and jumped in the shower. Normally she liked to enjoy her shower, but today she just wanted to do something she chose to do, not something someone else decided she needed to do.

Derek, walked inside their place and glanced around making sure Elizabeth was no where insight as he carried several boxes inside.

He quickly tossed the bags into his bedroom, and headed toward Alec. Walking into their office/library room he found Alec glancing through the pages of an ancient looking text.

“Did you get it?” Derek asked Alec.

“No, Helene picked it up for me while I we were training.” Alec smiled. “She has no idea.”

“Helene is going to suggest they go out for a little shopping, and dinner to give us time to get ready.”

“I just hope she likes it.” Derek leaned against the doorframe not to sure about the purchases he made that afternoon.

“They say it’s the thought that counts.” Alec replied chuckling at Derek’s nervousness.

Helen smiled, as they wrapped up their session. “Why don’t we have a girl’s evening out? We could do a little shopping, and pick up a bite to eat we haven’t done something like that in so long.”

Elizabeth smiled, “That sounds perfect, and it will give the guys sometime to themselves.”

Elizabeth smiled as she twirled around in the outfit she had purchased as they headed inside Wolfram and Hart. It was very trendy, and made her feel very sexy. The shirt was halter in style but really there was only a blood cream colored triangle of fabric in the front and it tied up in the back leaving most of her back bare. The skirt was not as risqué it was several shades of red and came up on one side revealing some thigh then falling down in draping fashion. To complete the outfit she purchased some strappy heels in a complimentary shade of red.

Helene suggested they stop at a salon and Elizabeth got her hair cut in a sassy little cut that brushed her shoulders and they did her makeup as well. After some teasing Elizabeth got Helene to do the same.

Elizabeth slid out of their SUV carefully and shut the door walking around the back and getting out the other purchases they made that day.

Lindsey pulled into his parking spot in the corporate parking garage. He pulled his phone from its cradle and switching it off of speaker as Alice was explaining the reason he was being called in so late in the evening. Though they never talked about it he wondered if Alice went home in the evenings because she was always the one who called him in when the shit hit the fan. Apparently something was happening that was rustling the feathers of the senior partners.

As he got out of his SUV his gaze was captured by a girl who twirled around her laughter filling the air as she carried several bags. His gaze traveled up her body as he walked in the same direction toward the elevator. She was exactly his type small and petite but there was nothing weak about her body toned, and she had the nicest ass he had seen in a long time. As he got closer he noticed the woman next to the girl, and the realization that he had just been checking out his Slayer hit him.

Elizabeth felt someone approaching and glanced over her shoulder to see a man in a suit with a phone attached to his ear. At first glance she dismissed him and glanced over at Helene who was having trouble with the bags.

“Let me help you.” Elizabeth reached out to take a few bags and Helene stopped moving to hand over a few and caught sight of Lindsey and dropped a few.

“Can I help?” Lindsey asked, giving Helene a warning look over the Slayer’s head while the girl was knelt down gathering up the bags.

“No, I’ve got them.” Elizabeth smiled glancing up and found the man she dismissed earlier was younger than she thought at first and a lot more attractive. “But thank you.”

Lindsey had seen her numerous times since that first night but never in person always through a monitor or thru two way mirrors. Up close and personal was dangerous he realized returning her smile, with one of his own. His gaze swept her beautiful face and he moved past her toward the elevator hitting the button. “I will see you in a minute.” He said before closing his phone and sliding it into his pocket.

Elizabeth glanced over at Helene who seemed uneasy. “Are you alright?” She asked.

“Fine, just a little tired.” Helene responded flicking a glance over at Lindsey wondering why he just hadn’t ignored them.

They entered the elevator and he glanced over at the girl besides him. “What floor?” He asked.

“Sub level 17.” Elizabeth smiled juggling her packages, noting that Helene moved behind her slightly. Elizabeth couldn’t help glancing over at the man besides her. Since she moved to Wolfram & Hart she seen quite a few employees, carried on a few conversations but that’s all nothing more.

“What department do you work in?” Elizabeth asked actually curious where he worked.

Lindsey glanced over at her surprised she asked, he knew that she usually kept to herself when she encountered other employees and never initiated conversations only responded when someone started one with her.

“Research,” Lindsey replied defiantly not about to tell the truth, research was a nice safe occupation at the firm.

Elizabeth nodded “That’s on 15 isn’t it?” she asked glancing away, he didn’t look like the research type more of a power executive but perhaps he was just one of those types who had an aura of power about them, and dressed for success.

The doors opened on their floor and Elizabeth moved to let Helene exit the elevator, and smiled up into blue eyes. “Maybe I will see you around.”

Lindsey smiled, “Perhaps.” He replied watching her walk away his gaze drawn to her hips as they swayed sexily and she wasn’t even trying. Hitting the pad for the Executive level he let out a sigh he shouldn’t have told her he worked on a floor she had access to. It also didn’t help that he had watched that sexy little sway of her hips the girl wasn’t even legal yet.

Walking out of the doors he stopped at Alice’s desk. “I need you to clear out an office on the research floor, and make sure it looks like I work there.”

Alice raised a brow but never questioned or asked for a reason she just did as she was told.

“The others are in the conference room the seers are there as well.” Alice held out a couple file folders and held out a cup of coffee, as well.

“Great, another apocalypse to avert, someone probably had a vision of an event not on the senior partner’s agenda.” Lindsey took the files and coffee giving Alice a grateful smile.

“Also, Ms Morgan called not to long ago I left the message on your desk.”

“Thank you.” Lindsey smiled flipping through the files getting the briefs on what the seers were capturing. As he reached his desk he didn’t bother glancing at the note. Lilah had been in Sunnydale only a few days and she had sent in detailed briefs each morning. Tapping into the demon population’s network of information had been very easy for his co-worker.

Picking up his phone he dialed her cell.

“I called over an hour ago you really should replace your geriatric assistant.”

“I am a little busy here what can I do for you.” Lindsey asked.

“Just wanted to let you know that Angel the vampire with a soul who took out the Master.” Lilah purred sitting down on her plush couch. In Sunnydale she was in charge and she was defiantly growing accustomed to it. “Well he no longer has a soul.”

“How did it happen?” Lindsey asked, walking to the window in his office and looking out at the city that even at the dead of night seemed alive.

“Not yet, there are a few rumors but nothing concrete I should have some more answers in the morning just thought this might be something you might want to know.”

“It is, I was called in tonight because the seers are having erratic visions about an apocalypse all they have been clear about is that it will go down in Sunnydale.”

Lilah smiled. “I will make sure I do my best to get the details and send them over ASAP.” If there was an apocalypse brewing in Sunnydale it might work to her advantage and get her back to the home office earlier than Lindsey had planned if she played her cards right.

Lindsey stretched his neck as he flipped open a few of the files before him, then glancing at the screen he flicked a few keys and was given access to the security system. A few seconds later he watched his Slayer laughing and hugging the family he had made for her. They were having a birthday party how quaint. Walking toward the bar in his office he poured a drink, he had forgotten it was her birthday. Sitting down he watched as she received gifts and then they had some cake. It was all very touching, and Lindsey shut the monitor off.

“Alice, arrange for a meeting tomorrow with Helene, Derek, and Alec tomorrow,” Lindsey spoke into the intercom.

“Yes sir.” Alice voice responded and he knew she would be calling downstairs right at that moment.

The touching little scene pissed him off more than it should have, he had been taking a behind the scenes approach with the Slayer perhaps it was time he got involved a little more.