The girls were sitting at a small table waiting for Xander to get back with their cokes.
“So Buffy what’s up with the vamp look?” Willow asked.
“I figure I don’t have to dress the way Riley wants me too anymore since I ditched the controlling bastard so why not go wild for a night?” she finished with a smile.
“I didn’t like him Buff. He was always all over you no matter what you said.” Her friend responded angrily.
“I know.” Buffy said reaching out to hold her friends hand in hers to give it a quick squeaze. “That’s another reason I left him.”
Just then Xander showed up with the beverages. After a few moments he broke the silence and suggested they hit the dancefloor. The 3 stood up and headed to the floor, none of them noticing a very drunk Riley come him with his best friend Angel equally smashed.

After 15 minutes of dancing Buffy went to grab her drink from the table only to see that it had been knocked over. Reaching into her purse she pulled out some cash and headed to the bar mumbling all the way.
“Fucking morons, stupid pricks can’t watch what they’re doing.’ She said softly to herself while waiting for the bartender to give her her water.

“Well that’s bleeding ladylike.” A british voice stated sarcastically. She looked up to bitch out the stranger mocking her manners and was caught thoroughly off guard. She was staring into the bluest eyes she’d ever seen. The guy was breath taking. He had chiselled cheekbones and a bad boy bleach job. Decked out in black with a leather duster to top it off. He was a modern day Billy Idol (who she’d secretly crushed on as a young girl!!!)

He sucked in a breath. She was a golden goddess. She had sun kissed skin that contracted his paleness, a well-toned body, honey colored hair and a passion in her eyes that made him shiver. He was about to give her a smile but then she went and ruined it by opening up her mouth again.

“Listen asshole, why don’t you mind your own business and go fuck yourself!” Buffy knew she was overreacting but he had unnerved her.

Who the fuck does she think she is he thought to himself and laced into her just as hard.
“First off pet, the names Spike, secondly why don’t you follow your own advice, mind your own business and don’t worry that pretty l’il head of yours over who I’m going to fuck” he finished with a smirk on his face.

The bartender showed up then and as Buffy grabbed her water and walked away she gave him a brilliant smile followed by the finger, leaving him open mouthed and pissed.

“Who was that?” Xander asked as Buffy rejoined them on the dance floor.
“Some asshole.” Buffy mumbled.
“Ya but what an ass!” Willow said with a smile.

A few hours later the trio decided to take off.
“Are you sure you don’t want us to walk you home Buffy?” Xander asked with brotherly concern in his voice.
“Nah I’m good, I’ll call you guys tomorrow night. Mom says we’re gonna have the people that moved in across the street today over for lunch tomorrow so I’m booked ‘till then.”
“Alright then.” Xander replied and they gave each other hugs before turning their separate ways.

Buffy had only made it a few blocks before her stomach started feeling all crampy. Something’s not right she thought to herself and scanned the street she was on. It didn’t look like anyone was there so she felt safe enough to cut through the alleyway that would take her to her street, Revello Drive. But appearances can be deceiving.

Not more then 10 seconds after she’d entered the darkened shortcut she was grabbed from behind by two very powerful arms. She screamed but a second attacker came out of the shadows and clamped a hand over her mouth, preventing it from being heard.
Her heart already beating fast sped up even more once she realised who it was.

“Hey Princess you miss me?” Riley moaned as he put his free hand under her shirt, his hand cold on her warm skin. Angel started laughing, the sound eerily far from human.
She bit Riley’s hand in an attempt to get free and he howled in pain. His hand dripped blood.“You stupid cunt!” he roared and hit her with a backhand so hard she saw stars. She could taste the blood in her mouth but wouldn’t let herself cry in front of him. She spit at Rileys feet and forced herself to smile.
“See, I knew you’d taste bad!” she said with defiance in her voice.
Riley, catching on to the fact that she was referring to the fact that she’d never gone down on him no matter how much he’d begged, lost all control and punched her full force in the face. Stunned and broken Buffy realised she didn’t have a chance. Just then she saw a flash of black and blond and the world went dark.

He’d been on his way home from the Bronze when he’d heard a small scream. Pushing the thoughts of the blonde that had irritated him so much from his head he ran towards the lane the sound had come from. Once he got there he froze. There she was. Arms pinned behind her back by one guy as another slapped her hard. He didn’t even think. He just ran. Grabbing the guy who held her and elbowing him in the face so hard the prick was knocked out instantly. Before he had time to react the one that had hit her decked him in the face. Spike shook it off quickly and sent him into the wall with a well-practised spin kick. The guy didn’t even have time to get up before Spike was on him and punishing his face repeatedly with his fists. Once he was satisfied that the bugger was out cold he went to the girl.

Poor little chit he thought as he looked down at her. Poking through her pockets he found her wallet. He opened it and took out her drivers license. What kind of name is Buffy he pondered briefly before he lowered his eyes to her address. She lived right across the street from him, I’m having lunch at her place tomorrow with Da’ he realised with a start. Lifting her into his arms he started carrying her home. God it felt right to hold her. “Don’t be a ponce Spike.” he said to himself, “You can’t even stand the mouthy bint…can you?”. He didn’t let himself think of how terrified he’d been to see her like that, didn’t let the voice in the back of his head telling him that he’d kill anyone who ever hurt this girl again be heard. He couldn’t. It was still too soon to have feelings for someone else.


*Please Review*