*Some Season 7 Spoilers May Come Up*

Disclaimer: Joss is the evil mastermind of Buffy and its characters so they don't belong to me.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Everyone standing in the group hug was now doing a combination of laughing and crying and none of them heard the continuous rapping on the front door.

"Excuse me for interrupting the, um, celebration?" A very familiar voice called.

Buffy's head snapped up at the sound of that voice, her eyes wide, mouth open even wider.

"Giles," she screamed and ran to him with arms wide. Giles at first grinned as he placed his bag on the floor next to him. When it hit him just how excited Buffy actually was to see him, the grin melted.

He leaned back a bit and quickly said, "Slayer strength, the slayer strength."

Buffy stopped abruptly in front of him and he relaxed. They both smiled at one another before wrapping their arms around each other. He pulled away and held her face in his hands, looking at her. She looked genuinely happy. When he had left the last time, he was very concerned she would fall back into a life of depression.

"It's so good to see you so happy." He wondered what had made her glow so much, then remembered the commotion going on when he had to let himself in. Still smiling, he looked up at the small crowd standing in the middle of the living room. His eyes fell upon the one thing he was really sure he didn't want to see in Buffy's presence and his face fell.

"Spike", he said blandly.

Buffy noticed his reaction. "Giles, we weren't expecting you til tomorrow."

He looked back at her. "I caught an earlier flight."

Buffy looked back over at her friends who at that very moment seemed tense. "Giles, Spike is staying here…" Giles looked at Buffy sternly, "in the basement."

Giles tone berated, "Buffy."

She piped in quickly, "Temporarily."

Spike wiped his shirt sleeve across his face, getting rid of any evidence showing that he had been crying. Mind you, they were tears of happiness, but still made him feel like a pouf. He stepped towards the watcher who was looking at him.

"Watcher…Giles. Buffy is putting me up until I can find suitable living quarters elsewhere. I think she wants to baby-sit me, make sure I don't stake myself." He smirked and looked at Buffy who smiled back while lowering her eyes.

Spike started for Giles bag. "Here, let me show you where you'll be staying," he said as he picked up the suitcase and headed for the stairs. Buffy and Giles exchanged a look of surprise between each other but Giles turned and followed him.

Spike had stopped at the top of the stairs. "You'll be staying in Joyce's room. Will and Dawn share a room." Then he quietly added, "Between you and me, I think Red doesn't want to be alone at night especially in Joyce's old room."

Both walked through the doorway and Giles discreetly closed the door. Spike took notice and shut his eyes momentarily knowing the impending lecture was about to begin. He could already tell the Watcher was standing there cleaning his glasses.

"Spike," he started.

Spike spun around. He really wasn't in the mood to be scolded by Giles. "Look, I know I’ve done some really bad things in the past, but I know what I am and what I'm capable of. You at one time believed I was redeemable, you said so at my crypt right after the chip was put in. Remember what you…"

"Spike," Giles held up his hand to stop Spike's continuing ramble. "I'm not going to chastise you though I'm thoroughly astounded you took notice of my speech back then. Granted, I am a bit concerned about Buffy's and Dawn's and yes even Willow's welfare. It's not any of my business, but are you and Buffy…"

Spike tilted his head, wondering where the man was going with this.

Giles just stared at him for a few seconds realizing that Spike wasn't comprehending his question. "…involved?"

Spike straightened as a look of understanding swept over his face and he took a quick gasp of air. "Ohhh…no, nothing like that. Partners, in the sense of she helps me, I help her. Good friends."

"You still have feelings for her?" There was a brief pause.

"I will always have feelings for her. She's mostly to blame for me turning out this way. She took me seriously, I guess, when Red had our memories erased. I told her I was a noble vampire here to help the helpless." He chuckled, remembering what he had said to Buffy when she reminded him he was a vampire.

Giles was still serious looking. "Are you prepared to do battle within yourself?"

"Prepared?" he scoffed. "Why do you bloody think I'm staying here? Because I can't protect myself from me. Not yet…but I will be. I swear to it."

Giles remained in the same spot looking at him.

"Don't worry watcher, I will never harm them, not ever again." His voice trailed off as he looked around the room then turned his attention back to Giles. "So is this the end of our father-son talk?" He gave him his usual smirk.

Giles smiled slightly at Spike. "Almost. If you ever…” Spike thought he knew of the coming threat, "…and I mean, ever, have any questions or feel out of sorts, don't feel too big and bad to come to me. Any problem, whatever the case may be, I would like to be of help. Anything that I can possibly do to aid you in your absolution."

Spike's jaw dropped to the floor as he processed the information in his head. "Are you serious? And I always thought you a bleeding git for all the times you made me out as an abomination. Go figure. A slayer and a watcher looking out for a souled vampire's best interest. Thanks…dad." He finished with a glint in his eyes.

Giles chuckled. He placed a hand on Spikes shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. "Anytime…son."

**********

Buffy paced nervously around the kitchen, opening and closing the cabinet doors. Dawn and Willow sat at the island watching her until Dawn couldn't take it any longer.

"Buffy, please, sit down or find what you’re looking for."

She turned to her sister. "I wonder what’s taking them so long upstairs. You don't think Giles has dusted Spike, do you?"

Willow snickered. "You act like you've been caught by dear old dad making out with your boyfriend on the living room couch. Which I know you haven't been doing…lately." She looked over at Dawn who just looked at her and grinned. "Buffy, he's just probably asking Spike some questions. I'm sure it's alright. Really."

"You're right. I'm an adult now. I can live with anybody that I choose to live with. Oh, I didn't mean it like that, he's not living with me; he's just living under my roof, in my basement, until he's better."

"Buffy you're rambling. He's here because he's our friend and he needs a place to stay. Where we can look out for him and help him." Dawn was so calm and grown-up.

Buffy took a deep breath and released it, finally settling down next to her sister. When they heard the voices approaching, she jumped up out of the chair again and started wringing her hands, watching the kitchen doorway.

Willow laughed and shook her head. "At least you know they're both still alive."

Giles and Spike walked into the kitchen looking as if none of the tension existed between them anymore. Buffy felt relief that instant. Both men noticed the silent stares directed at them.

"Buffy, I am very proud of you.” Giles informed. “You have overcome so many obstacles and you have learned the fine art of forgiveness. You are truly becoming the person, the adult, I always wished you to be."

"I had a wonderful teacher…and father-figure."

Giles cleared his throat. "Yes…of course. Well if you don't mind I think I'm going to head to bed. Long flights tend to make me a tad groggy. Mind if I come to the school with you tomorrow and look around? Then I can spend the rest of the day with Willow and Spike, catch up on the lot of you."

Buffy smiled. "I would like that. Goodnight, if you need anything just call."

"Will do. Goodnight all."

Buffy turned to Dawn and the younger rolled her eyes as she scooted off the stool. "I know, I know. I'm going to bed, too." She kissed her sister on the cheek and hugged Willow but before she made it through the doorway, she turned and walked up to Spike who was standing at the microwave waiting for his snack to warm up.

"I'm happy you're back and staying with us." She hugged him, taking him by surprise as he hugged her back.

"Goodnight sweet bit. Have pleasant dreams."

The remaining three sat at the island and talked a while longer knowing that the next few days were going to be filled with loads of research. Buffy wanted to find answers to her dreams before something really bad happened.

Deep down, Spike felt a growing concern about whether he could actually shun his demon and leave all of the evil behind. He knew it was going to be a bumpy ride but he now had acceptance from the people he cared about, and they were willing to help him through the torment.

TBC