*Remember, this was written before the season 7 actually started using spoilers from various sites.*

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Giles phoned Buffy's home late afternoon his time, hoping to catch her there. He knew she currently worked at the new schoolbut wasn't sure what time she left in the mornings. She picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Buffy! Good morning."

"Giles, it's so good to hear from my favorite Watcher. How are things? How's Wills?"

"Fine, we're all fine and dandy. And you? How is everyone there?"

"Oh, doing much better."

"Well, Buffy, dear, I hate to get right to the point."

"No, Giles, I'm sure you don't hate it."

"Well…"

"I'm just kidding Giles, go ahead." Buffy tried not to giggle.

"Two things, actually. I seem to believe our dear Willow is ready to come home."

"Oh…really…that's…wonderful." She tried to sound excited but her voice betrayed her. "When?"

"I have booked a flight for her the morning after tomorrow to arrive there late evening. I can call you with more details later."

"Well, then, I guess we will all meet her there, Xander, Dawn and I. And you are sure? She's really ok?"

Yes, I am positively sure. She has regained her strength and she has control of her magicks."

"Control? So, she can still do spells?"

"Yes, but Buffy, not like before. She has been thoroughly trained. She knows when and where and what to use. There is always a possibility she could fall again, but a very slim possibility. Have faith in her and above all else forgive her. You remember what I told you once…"

"Yes, I know, it's just…it will be hard, Giles. Dawn, I know, will have the hardest time of it."

"I know, Buffy, I know. Good news, though. I will be following behind her within a couple of days."

"Oh, wonderful. I can't wait."

"Me neither."

"So, the second thing?"

"What?...Oh yes, well, Willow has been having a recurring dream for at least two weeks now. Has there been anything unusual in the sense of unusual for the hell mouth?"

"Other than Spike showing up with a soul after being gone for about four months?"

"Pardon? Really? How did? Where…"

"Long story, one that I hopefully will be able to fill you in better with when you get here. But, I haven't seen anything too freaky. Same ol' hellmouthy beasties and creatures. Why, something we should be aware of?"

"Just keep your eyes and ears open. Maybe someone, an old enemy, making a grand entrance again."

"Ok, will do…hey, I better get a move on, working girl now…need to go make some money. Don't worry about Willow. We will take good care of her. And we will see you very soon."

"Yes, indeed."

**********

Buffy arrived at her office running just a little behind schedule, but at least she made it on time. She hated being late. Before she made it to her office though she knew something was out of place. Her door was slightly ajar when it should have been shut and locked. It was also completely dark in there, which only meant her blinds had been closed. She approached the room cautiously and as she placed her hand on the door, a familiar twinge hit her. She swept the light switch on with her free hand and pushed the door hard with the other while sweeping her eyes around the room. Her desk chair was facing away from her.

"There better be a good excuse why you’re in here."

"Good morning, Miss Summers. I think I need some counseling."

"I’m sure you do, Spike, but someone a little bit more qualified to deal with your craziness will have to do."

"Oh, that cuts deep, luv," he smirked. "Actually, I may seriously be off my nut. Last night, I swear I saw Glory, or a ghost of Glory. She spoke to me…called me "precious"." He made a blech sound and shivered. "Bad memory of that one. The thing is, when she started walking towards me, she just upped and disappeared, just like that." He snapped his fingers and then winced from the pain. Buffy noticed.

"What happened to your hand?"

He folded them away like a child getting caught in the cookie jar. "Nothing", he said too quickly.

Just as quickly, Buffy reached around and grabbed it. "Bloody hell, woman," he growled.

"Looks nasty, should have been cleaned and wrapped. Here, let me." and she pulled out a first aid kit from her desk drawer. Sitting on the edge of her desk, she gently doctored and wrapped his hand without either one of them saying a word. Spike's head was spinning and if he had a heartbeat, it would have been speeding away. Just the slightest touch of her delicate but deadly hands sent spectacular shivers down his spine but he never once let it be known that he was flying so high. When she was done he mumbled, "Thanks."

"Welcome," she mumbled back. Buffy secretly relished the touch between them as well, but he would be kept in the dark also.

"Well, I guess we will have to be on our toes just in case it was her. I'll make sure Dawn is with someone at all times, even though I’m sure she’s not the key anymore. Giles called…"

“How is the old man?" She looked at him sideways.

"The "old man" will be here in less than a week and Willow will be back home in a couple of days. Anyway, Giles mentioned Willow has been having these dreams and that we were to keep a lookout for possibly an old enemy being hell-bent on revenge or something. If you see anything else out of the ordinary, let me know."

He got up out of her chair. "Will do."

"Oh, by the way, Ronnie, er, the demon worm, wanted me to tell you not to worry about spearing him. He said you were doing your "duty"." She smiled slightly at him. He just stood there and thought about what she just said then shook his head slowly as he made his way to the door.

"And Spike," he turned back to her. "don't make it a habit of breaking into my office, 'kay?"

"Yes, Miss Summers. Next time I'll make an appointment."

"Thank you, Mr.,um,"Bloody"." They both smiled as he turned and left her office.

**********

That night, Buffy patrolled on her own leaving a disgruntled Dawn with Anya, sitting in the middle of a clutter of textbooks. School was more important when you were the Slayer's sister and the whining and the bribing from the younger did not work to her advantage. Buffy had decided to keep the news about Spike seeing Glory to herself just until she could get more information.

Tonight was slow, though, once again. It had been that way for awhile. Kind of gave her the creeps at times. She heard her name and turned to see Xander jogging towards her.

"Hey, Buff, could you have need for an extra hand,…or crossbow?" he asked with a goofy grin.

"Sure, but you may not get to use it. It's been eerily quiet. I get a bad feeling something big is gonna hit the fan."

He scoffed. "Oh great. Why don't you just jinx us? Great, great, great."

"Just warning you what with the news from Giles and then Spike's…" she saw him cringe with mention of his name. "Wait," she stopped him with her hand. "Did you hear that?" Xander shook his head no. “Up there in the clearing, may be nothing but let's check it out."

Before they reached the wooded area, Buffy's senses were on overload. A hand barely touched her arm and gasping, she turned with stake raised high, causing Xander to jump and triggering off his crossbow, sending the arrow in the air. "Great Gadzooks." he hollered.

"SShhh," Spike hissed. Buffy looked perturbed. "Hey Slayer, thought I might find you here."

"Suggestion, don't sneak up on me when I'm in full alert mode." Xander rolled around and glared at Spike, aiming his now reloaded crossbow at his enemy. Buffy placed her hand on it and pushed Xander back gently. Spike stood his ground, once again facing the fact this whelp could do him in for good. Buffy turned back to him. "What's up, Spike?"

"I was just on my way over to the crypt to pick up a few things I had left. Before I even reached the cemetery entrance, someone behind me called my name. I turned and you will never guess who was standing there. Adam, you know, super robotic man? He asked me if I was going to help him. I said sure then took off to come looking for you. When I turned back around he was gone. What do you think’s going on?"

"So, you ran away?" Xander sneered. "Is that what having a soul does, turns you into a big, fluffy coward?"

"You should talk. You could be a happily married man…

"That's it, you're going down, little man." Both guys puffed up, looking ready to kill one another.

"Ok, that's enough. The testosterone haze is beginning to make me choke. Cool it…Spike, are you absolutely sure?"

"Positive, unless someone is playing with my head, making me see these apparitions."

"Have you been drinking?" she asked calmly.

"Not a drop…today."

"Yeah, that's believable," Xander piped in.

"Shut your hole, Harris."

"God, am I going to have to restrain the both of you?" and the two boys pointed at each other to blame. Buffy held up her hand to keep them quiet as Spike turned toward the noises his keen hearing picked up. Buffy made her way in with Spike on her right and Xander to her left. What they saw in the clearing was unbelievable.

Xander's mouth dropped, "Egads!"

Buffy shook her head, "Oh…my."

Spike was stunned as well but all he could say was, "Ow, that had to hurt".

There hanging between two trees was a demon with its skin completely ripped off.

TBC