Chapter 11: In a Dream You Found a Way to Survive and You Were Filled With Joy

After Spike entered the small room and put his bags down, his weariness hit him hard and he was anxious to get a nice kip. Unfortunately, when he lay down on the bed, the Opium, combined with the events of the past few days had his mind jumping from topic to topic, heedless of the need his body had for rest.

He managed to shut out the thoughts of his Grandsire and his musings on the whole ‘soul’ business. Then he pushed his concerns about their current situation out of his mind, by telling himself he had done his duty in bringing it to the Watcher’s attention, it was his job, now, to find a way out of this mess.

If he was going to be kept awake because his mind was on a roundabout, Spike had other things he would rather concentrate on.

Buffy. A smile crossed his features. His Slayer.

He tried to focus his mind on her.

First, he pictured her dancing at the Bronze from the first time he saw her.

But that didn’t work. That girl was vastly different from the woman he now loved. Instead of dwelling on the reasons for those changes, he pictured her the way she was, now dancing before him.

He could see her; body moving seductively in a dark club, the dark clothes from earlier were replaced with a silver breastplate and a black skirt held around her waist by a jeweled belt. The outfit was similar to the one worn by Aaliyah in the movie ‘The Queen of the Damned’, only without the stupid headpiece.

Spike’s mind started to wander off again, as he remembered what a horrible movie that was. Even worse than the first one, if that could be believed.

Spike actually met Anne Rice, once; he had been planning on killing her for propagating all those myths about vamps. Yet, after he spent a few minutes talking to her, working himself up for the kill, he found out she wasn’t that bad, despite her romantic notions about vampires. Her writing wasn’t even that terrible, once he had a chance to read it, although, he preferred her books that had nothing to do with vampires, like the Feast of All Saints.

Spike had found it extremely amusing that she honestly believed vampires resided in New Orleans. The reality was that no self-respecting vampire would ever be caught in New Orleans.

First of all there was the smell, the stench that rose up from the sewage grates and drains, which overflowed every time it rained, which happened almost everyday in the summer. Combine that with constant smell of urine and vomit that permeated the French Quarter and then throw in the smell of stagnant water pooled in the swamps at the edges of the metropolis and canals that ran through the city. It was enough to curb even them most vicious vamps bloodlust.

Then you had the meal selection itself. Since killing locals usually led to discovery, most intelligent vampires knew to drink from tourists or visitors. In New Orleans, the main tourist attraction was partying and drinking. Feeding from a tourist who was completely drunk, just didn’t quench a vampires appetite, usually they got drunk before their hunger was satisfied. Plus the high alcohol content made the blood thin and watery, not a very appetizing meal.

Realizing how far off track his mind had again wandered Spike again tried to focus on Buffy, wanting images of her to lull him to sleep. An evil grin crossed his face as he relived their earlier fight. He remembered the taste of her blood as it ran down his throat, even now hours later he could still feel her power running through his veins, warming him in the most delicious ways. He undid the fastenings on his pants as his cock hardened with the memory of the taste of her. He knew that even the small taste he’d had of her tonight would be enough to increase his strength dramatically by tomorrow, hopefully enough to give him the edge in his fight tomorrow night.

He wondered exactly what kind of creature he would be fighting. He considered asking Illyria to spar with him when he awoke to help get his reflexes back, before rejecting that idea. There was only one person he wanted to spar with; the trick would just have to be getting her to agree to it.

Spike didn’t think it was going to be too difficult to worm his way back into the Slayer’s life. The way she was now; with her uncaring attitude, and her preoccupation with fighting and violence to relieve the pressure her demons asserted on her, actually made her an easy target for him. All he was going to have to do was use logic to get her to accept his help. Like explain to her that she would have a much easier time controlling her demon if she had someone to help her mentor it.

The only problem would be the Slayer side of her, Spike knew that he was going to have to best the Slayer in a fight to gain dominance over it and thereby gain its respect. Something he was nowhere close to ready for, and given the amount of power it possessed, it would be a long time until he was ready.

Getting frustrated with his meandering thoughts, that weren’t giving him the tranquility he needed to get to sleep, again he centered his thoughts on his Slayer.

Once more he conjured the image of her dancing in a dark club, the silver outfit leaving little to the imagination.

Spike had to admit, as much as he loved her long golden locks, the color she had now was equally becoming in the way it contrasted with her skin and made her eyes glow. He envisioned how beautiful she would look with flowing dark hair down her back. He closed his eyes, this was the image he was looking for. He settled into his fantasy of watching Buffy dance for him, while he absently rubbed his erection. He could see her clearly in his mind, every movement, every muscle flexing and moving as she danced. He knew from personal experience all the subtle movements her body could make as it flowed sinuously. It was that memory that changed the fantasy so now it wasn’t Buffy dancing for him enticingly, but Buffy riding him, just as she had their last night together. It didn’t take long for an orgasm, more powerful than he’d had in years, shook through his entire body while he images of Buffy writhing on top of him ran through his mind.

It wasn’t long after that he slipped into sleep.



When Spike opened his eyes he was standing in a large marble hall, in the center sat a pedestal atop a short staircase and on the plinth stood a life sized statue of Buffy. Numerous people were gathered around the hall, each and every one of them a familiar figure to him. They all seemed to be lost in their own contemplation of the sculpture before them.

Spike noticed Xander first, he was dragging Anyanka with one hand and the brown haired cheerleader with the other, towards the shrine of Buffy. It was apparent from his actions and the looks he was giving them both that he was measuring them up against the statue if the Slayer.

Off to the side Riley stood at attention facing the statue; after a few seconds he relaxed, marched a few feet before turning and standing at attention once again. Spike got the impression he was trying to protect the shrine, but from what Spike couldn’t see.

Spike moved closer to get a better look at the shrine itself. On the way he saw Giles sitting on the ground furiously scribbling in a notebook, every so often he would raise his eyes and gaze upon Buffy before continuing his writing.

Off to the side was a large group of stuffy older men, they reminded him of Giles, only Giles was laid back compared to them. Spike recognized the man who was obviously in charge. It was that Travers fellow who once ran the Council, they all seemed to be making plans, frequently gesturing or looking up at the pedestal.

Spike moved on past them.

The closer he got, the more he appreciated the quality of work that went into this statue. It had long blonde hair, similar to how Buffy wore it the last year in Sunnydale, only now it was much longer. The artist had also managed to not only convey the softness of her features, but the power inside of her, with the stance they had chosen to portray her in. Her clothing was similar to that in his fantasy, only instead of silver it was golden, contrasting with her complexion that was somehow amazingly accurate, despite the fact it was synthetic.

When Spike reached the steps, he noticed Angel on his knees, his head bowed as if he were praying. Spike’s vampiric hearing picked up on the words that were coming from his grandsire.

“Let me be good enough for her. Please let me be good enough.” Spike suddenly understood.

They were all worshiping their image of he, this was just some idealized version of her.

Spike looked up at statue again, in disgust instead of awe this time and that’s when he saw it.
Her eyes. They were alive and they were in pain.

Spike let out a ferocious growl and stormed up the steps. The fools had trapped her. They trapped his Slayer in their expectations and images of who she should be, causing her to become the statue he saw before him.

When Spike finally made it up the stairs to her, he could hear the others below yelling out for him to stop, but he never paused. He immediately started breaking and cracking the hard shell that surrounded her. It felt like ceramic under his fingers and no matter how careful he was he couldn’t help but cut and scrape her skin as he broke through the hard surface.

It didn’t take him long to break her completely free of the prison she had been trapped in, by those who loved her. She stood before him breathing in heavily as if she couldn’t get enough air into her lungs. His eyes raked over her skin, the various cuts from the casing had begun to bleed and trickles of blood ran over her skin, Spike though he had never seen her look so appealing. Unable to help himself, Spike leaned forward and began to lick up the droplets to their source before closing them. Buffy whimpered and almost swooned under his attentions.

Spike could hear the others start to rush the stairs now, wanting to stop him from taking away their idol. Spike immediately scooped her up in his arms, relishing the feel of her arms tightening around his neck, then leapt from the pedestal onto the floor and ran for the door.

Spike kept turning to look behind him at the men chasing him so he didn’t notice that when he threw open the door, and jumped through it, he was jumping into a vast chasm of nothingness.







Before he could do anything Buffy was torn from his arms and he was suddenly picked up and thrown by a large gale. Spike was tossed and turned about in a large maelstrom that kept pulling him farther and farther inward. The closer he got to the center the more violent the wind became and soon it wasn’t just his body that was being buffeted by this tempest. Feelings and emotions were slamming into him.

Fear………..anguish…………bitterness……….distress………..heartache……….misery

The suffering and torment pounded away at his soul making him yell out in agony.

Images began to accompany the feelings. He could see Buffy on the floor of her bathroom yelling for him to stop only he could feel her emotions. Betrayal cut through him like a knife.

Another image flew past. Joyce laying on the couch still in death. Spike could feel grief and pain overwhelming him.

He craved the oblivion of unconsciousness, but since he was still asleep he was technically already unconscious. Spike wasn’t sure how much longer he could stand the onslaught of violent and painful emotions before he lost his sanity. At last, realizing the danger they were in his demon rose up and took over, almost surrounding his soul to protect it.

The demon itself, while fond of pain and fear, did not care for the storm it found itself in either. Its howling rivaled that of the wind itself in intensity, as it tried to struggle and break free of this devastating emotional storm. The wind grew even stronger as he neared the center of the storm and for a few minutes he was certain that it was going to rip his limbs from his body.



Then as suddenly as he was caught up in it, he was released from it. The storm was gone. The abrupt change in conditions left both his mind and body reeling so it took a few extra minutes for him to become aware of his surroundings.

A high-pitched scream brought his attention to his environs. He was in a dimly lit cavern that reminded him of where he had been held captive by the First. Across from him hanging on the far wall a figure was crying and screaming.

Immediately Spike knew what was going on. He felt revulsion and fear wash over him as he moved closer to the torture victim. This was his dream. The dream he’d had about Buffy every since he had asked Raven to become his Mate. Only the dream had never been this vivid before.

As he knew it would be, Buffy hung naked before him. Her hands and feet were nailed directly into the wall, dried blood caked the wounds indicating she had been there for a while. She struggled to breath against the weight of her own body which was slumped and tired from trying to hold herself upright despite the pain in her wrists and feet. Deep gashes crossed her flesh; blood flowed down from them over her body mixing with her sweat, it painted her skin so it looked orange in the torch light. He also noticed the dried blood in between her thighs suggesting other brutal treatments and tortures.

At one time he would have given anything to see the Slayer battered and hurt like this, but now it made him physically ill. The worst part wasn’t even the visual evidence of the mistreatment; it was the whimpering cries she kept calling out, whenever she had enough breath to do so.

When she began to speak, even though he had this dream before and knew what she was going to say, her words pierced his heart more skillfully than a stake ever could.

“Spike, please. I’m sorry. Please.” She begged and pleaded, panting all the while. Her eyes looked around frantically, for a few seconds before they settled on a dark shadow located in the corner. “I love you, please don’t do this to me.” She said directly to the shadow.

Spike looked to where she was gazing, in surprise. Usually, Buffy was staring straight at him when she was crying like this. As the shadow seemed to move with a life all its own until it was directly between Spike and Buffy, Spike realized that maybe it wasn’t him at all she was seeing, but something else that was hurting her.

This realization gave him the momentum to move forward, maybe this was more than just his subconscious after all. He could see the shadow reaching towards her and then there was another fresh gash bleeding freely across her stomach. Before his eyes the gash seemed to get bigger and deeper, like someone was twisting a knife into her flesh and she screamed out in excruciating pain.

Spike couldn’t take anymore, he tried to move closer to her, but it felt like he was frozen in place. He called on all the strength he had inside him, but was still unable to move. Inside himself, Spike was working himself up into a frenzy, his demon was almost beyond reason in it desire to free its Mate from her pain.

Unable to move and feeling helpless Spike began to scream as loud as he could. “Buffy, luv, its not me. I would never hurt you, pet. I love you.” Even with the effort he put into it his words came out as no more than whispers. Not ready to give up he tried again. “Buffy fight him, don’t give up. I’m here.” This time it was a little bit louder. Finally calling up the primal energy of his demon he let out a loud snarl and yelled out, not to Buffy but the shadowy presence before him. “Get away from my Slayer, you prick. She belongs to me.” He was surprised when he heard his voice come out clear and strong this time. Even Buffy seemed to hear him, and she looked up towards him for the first time.

“Spike?” She whispered confused as she looked from where he was standing to the darkness before her.

It seemed that the darkness also heard him clearly because it suddenly turned and moved towards him. Unsure of what he was facing Spike tried to back away from the darkness, but found whatever was keeping him from moving closer to Buffy was also keeping him from moving away. The darkness surrounded him and once again Spike was thrown into the windstorm getting bombarded with images and emotions of pain while he circle a large vortex.


Spike had no idea how long he was tousled about before it ended as abruptly as it began, only this time Spike found himself face down on the ground. He lay there for several minutes breathing deeply, as he tried to get himself under control. He wiped away the tears that had been running down his face.

When he picked his head up to look around he was shocked at what he saw. He was in front of Buffy’s house on Revello drive. It was standing there, exactly as he remembered it, except it was in black and white. He looked around and realized the rest of the street was also devoid of any color. He glanced up to find the only color anywhere was above him, a deep indigo blue sky with lavender clouds racing quickly overhead.

He moved to enter the house before stopping abruptly.

Upon closer inspection there seemed to be a gray cloud surrounding the house, he could see it swirling through the air. The cloud reminded him of the darkness he had just encountered for some reason, so he decided maybe he should explore this dim version of Sunnydale more thoroughly before attempting to go inside.

As he moved off down the street debating within himself where would be the best place to start investigating, he used all his senses to try and gauge the precariousness of his situation.

He immediately noticed the air was thick with the smell of vanilla and it seemed to crackle with power, just like Buffy’s scent.

He moved quickly now, knowing he should head to the Magic Box. If his hunch was right he would be able to find something there.

When he entered the Main Street and he noticed that while the buildings were all where they were supposed to be, some of them were fuzzy. The outline and shape of them were sharp and clear for the most part, but the name or the show window displaying their wares would be blurry no matter how close he got. This only furthered his suspicions about where he was.

Spike was almost to the Magic Box when he felt it.

He turned around in a circle scanning both the ground and the tops of the buildings for the predator he knew was now hunting him. Spike got into a defensive stance. However, even though he could sense it, he couldn’t see it, and he couldn’t even use his senses to pinpoint it since it seemed as though it surrounded him.

The predator grew closer and closer still. Spike felt the fear crawling up his spine, as he spun around, again trying to ascertain its location. Under normal circumstances he would call it out instead of waiting for it to attack, but he knew that he had no hope of standing up to this creature.

When the attack came, it seemed to come out of nowhere. A blur of golden color streaked towards him out of the corner of his eye and he just barely threw himself backwards and out of its range.

The Slayer stood before him in all her primal glory. She resembled Buffy, but some primitive version of her. Her hair was dreaded into a mass on top of her head, her forehead was large and bowed, she didn’t seem able to stand up straight and there were long sharp claws that extended from her hands.

Spike stood up and eyed her warily. He again set himself into a defensive posture then feinted as if to attack before turning and running away as fast as he could.

He could feel her chasing after him, but he didn’t dare turn around to see how close to him she was.

On some level he recognized that this was only a dream, and he knew damn well that it was when you turned to look, that the things chasing you in dreams, caught up with you. Up and down the streets of the shadow Sunnydale he ran, with no idea where he was going, he just knew he had to keep going.

After about twenty minutes at this pace his legs began to stumble underneath him, he tried to drag up more strength, but found he was about out of stamina. He saw the sign for the Bronze before him and realized where he was; he circled around the back knowing that he was almost out of juice. He thought that this would be as good of a place as any to meet his end.

Just as he turned the corner to the alley behind the Bronze though everything suddenly shifted once more.


Spike was dizzy for a few seconds as disorientation washed over him. Once he got over the muddled feeling he became aware of the sounds of fighting. He looked up and saw Buffy fighting a vampire. The world was once again its proper colors, only this time Buffy, the vampire she was fighting and even himself he realized when he looked down were as transparent as ghosts. He didn’t linger on that discovery, however, as he looked again at the Slayer fighting before him.

She was young again.

She looked like she had when he first met her. Actually, this was exactly like the first night he met her, he even recognized the vampire she was fighting.

He watched as she dispatched the vamp with ease and didn’t understand where the clapping noise was coming from. Then he looked down and realized it came from him as he stepped out into the light and faced her.

Spike could hear his voice talking, but he didn’t pay any attention to the words as he took in the young girl before him. Her hair was slightly messed up from the fight, reminding him of how it looked after a nice, sweaty, rough and tumble. The fierce look in her eyes devoid of any fear as she faced him wasn’t just for show; he knew that at this time, even after what she had seen and been through, she still carried within her the optimism of youth.

It would take Angelus to steal that from her.

Her voice brought his attention back to what was actually happening before him. “What happens Saturday night?” She asked him with excited anticipation.

Spike froze. He remembered this part most clearly, this was what he had come here for that night and at the time it had excited him beyond belief.

“I kill you.” He heard himself answer, but instead of the faint smell of fear and nervousness that should be there he had smelled anticipation and…arousal?

“Buffy.” This time it was him that consciously spoke, he felt a ripple go through him and when he looked down he wasn’t as transparent anymore, portions of him were solid and other parts were swirling with translucency and solid

“Spike.” The hope and happiness in her voice made him look at her sharply. He saw that she was also becoming more solid. He could even make out the texture in her shirt now. He stepped closer to her and she did the same.

“Buffy?” He spoke again, but his voice choked with emotion and it didn’t come out very loud. She came within arms reach of him and raised her hand as if to brush against his cheek before pulling back sharply. She looked at him fearfully and she shimmered again becoming more translucent.

“Are you real?” She all but whispered.

“I don’t bloody know right now, pet.” Spike answered honestly. “I afraid I’m only dreaming this.”

Then she rippled again and became solid as she threw herself at him, his arms tightened around her instinctively and a sob escaped him, as he was overwhelmed.

“I knew you would come.” Buffy was also crying into his neck where her head was buried. “That was what kept me going all this time. I knew you would come eventually.”

“I love you so much.” Spike told her over and over again.

Buffy pulled back abruptly, for a minute Spike thought he had jumped locations again, but then he saw her smiling brightly up at him. It was a smile he had never seen directed at him before, but it warmed him inside, in a way that even her blood could not compete with.

“I love you, too, Spike.” She told him. At his shocked look she repeated it. “I love you.” She took his head in her hands and brought his lips to hers.

In his many years on this planet Spike had been intimate with many women, with Dru’s approval of course, and even demons and creatures that were know for their sensuality and sexual prowess, but never before had a kiss affected him like this.

It was gentle, sweet and filled with love, as their lips caressed each other lightly, sipping and tasting the emotions that came from the other. There was also passion and Spike felt himself throb inside his jeans with desire for her. The smell of her arousal around him turned him on even more. Yet, as much as he desired her, Spike didn’t feel the need to move things any further along, he just wanted to keep enjoying this moment forever. He tangled his hands in her hair, not to pull her closer just so he could feel the silken lengths again. He was delighted with the way she purred against him when he did that.

A loud bang sounded and the alley seemed to shimmer a bit and at the edge of his line of site, the color seemed to waver. Spike somehow knew it was the Slayer trying to get in after him.

“Don’t worry she can’t get in.” Buffy told him.

Spike looked down at her and his eyes narrowed as he remembered his previous suspicions. “What is going on here, pet? We have primal Slayer hunting me down and some version of you hung up like Christ on the cross, only worse.”

Spike couldn’t tell whether she actually shivered or whether he could actually feel the rippling of her body, as she seemed to struggle to stay solid. She quickly put her fingers to his lips to silence him. “Shh. If this is just a dream and that’s all we have then you shouldn’t waste time worrying about it now. We need to just be happy.” Her voice sounded hopeful and desperate at the same time, the shivering feeling continued. Again there was a loud banging.

“Say I agree with you, luv, I don’t know that she’s going to let us relax and have fun.” Spike answered.

“So we’ll go someplace else. Someplace she can’t go and we can be alone, its one of my favorite places.” Buffy’s voice got more excited and she seemed to stabilize her shifting.

“Ok, and how do you plan on getting there?”

Buffy gave him that dazzling smile again and the next thing Spike knew things were spinning again.

When they stopped he stepped back from her.

“Bloody hell. Enough with the Merry-Go-Round already, Slayer.” He ranted while she giggled delightedly at him.

Spike stood still and watched her. He didn’t know what to do. If she was right and this was just some crazy Opium enhanced dream, then he had nothing to worry about and he should just enjoy this time he had with her, even if it wasn’t real.

Unfortunately, there were all these worries in the back of his and as wonderful and delightful as this Buffy was, he had the feeling that there was something off about her. She wasn’t the innocent seventeen-year-old version of Buffy she appeared to be. This girl was definitely more mature, and she seemed to have all the memories of his girl, but she was too happy, too giggly. She reminded him of a pop star on prozac.

Spike felt a tingling in his spine and he tilted his head as he looked at her. He could feel her demon. It took a moment for him to notice, but it was there. Only he didn’t think it was coming from her.

He looked around him and that’s when he noticed where they were.

“My crypt…” He said in wonder. Even the oriental rugs were in place on the floor. “This is your happy place?”

“This is where I spent the most time with you, even though it wasn’t the best time. Now I come here and I imagine all the things I would have done differently.”

All the concerns regarding her, flew out of his head with her words; he simply crossed over to her and pulled her into his arms.

“What is it you imagine?” He asked her.

Buffy pulled away and led him over to the bed. She climbed up onto it and sat down.

“Come here.” She beckoned him enticingly. Spike climbed up next to her and she wrapped her arms around him and lowered him until his head lay on her chest. Spike was surprised that even though his head was resting on her soft breast, there was barely any sexual thoughts running through his mind.

Buffy began speaking as she ran her fingers lightly through his hair. “I imagine that I stuck around long enough to wake up next to you. I would wake up feeling so well rested and at peace with your arms around me. Its like heaven for me.” Spike looked up at her in amazement. She gave him that amazing smile again and planted a small kiss on his lips before pulling his head back down. “Then I would imagine the delicious ways I could tease you into waking up, and then we make love again.”

“Sounds, bloody wonderful, pet.” Spike murmured.

How he could feel himself getting sleepy while dreaming, Spike didn’t know. He found out he didn’t really care right now, he was so content he couldn’t help the purring noises that began to erupt from his throat.

A growl came from upstairs.

As relaxed as he was Spike never heard it, his purring grew louder as he lost himself in Buffy’s scent and her warm arms around him lovingly. This was something he never allowed himself to dream of. Even now that he knew her demon loved him and she always had feelings for him, he never would have hoped to share such a tender and loving moment with her. Her voice was the music of angels, he thought, not even embarrassed by the poetic thought that had come directly from his soul.

The growl came again louder, sharper.

Spike tilted his head to the side when he felt something go through him, like a mild shock.

“Did you hear something?” He asked Buffy.

“No, I was listening to you purring.” The warning bells in Spike’s head started going off again.

He looked back at her; she was still smiling gently at him. The look in her eyes was so inviting. Besides, this was a dream; he needed to enjoy this while he could.

He lay back down on her and she resumed her light caressing on his head. Spike started purring again.

This time a loud roar sounded from above.

“What was that?” He asked, alarmed.

“Nothing.” Buffy said quickly, her smile was still hopeful, but it seemed strained.

Spike jumped off the bed and ran up the ladder.

He was in game face by the time he reached the top.

Chained to the wall in the upstairs of his crypt was a vamped out Buffy. She growled at him possessively and yanked at the chains in an attempt to get to him. Spike leapt towards her growling a command at her and she quieted almost immediately, but still looked at him with desperate pleading. Spike immediately started pulling at her chains, trying to free her.

“NO!” Spike turned to see the Buffy he had been with rippling again. “You can’t let her go.”

Spike ignored her and went back to work. “If she gets out she and the Slayer start fighting, then SHE will come out to find out what’s going on.” Spike wanted to demand who SHE was, but right now he was still trying to comfort Vamp Buffy. She was nuzzling his neck as he pulled uselessly at the chains.

“What the hell are these things made out of?” He muttered.

“HER will.” The Buffy behind him answered.

Spike didn’t hear her because he was too caught up in the magnetic pull his demon felt towards the vampire before him. She was still nuzzling his neck purring against him, instead of the sweet loving feelings the other Buffy evoked in him this Buffy’s purr made him surge with lust.

His jaw practically shook with the need to bite her and his cock was doing much the same. His golden eyes met hers and it felt like an explosion inside of him. He dove for her neck viciously and as his fangs punctured her neck she screamed out in pleasure. He ran his hands up and down her body feeling her cool silken skin beneath his fingers.

She tried to wrap her legs around his waist, but was limited by the chains on her ankles, so instead she just bucked up against him. He growled into her neck at the contact, but didn’t loosen his grip as he began to suck her sweet blood into his mouth. He groaned as it trickled down his throat and he grabbed her backside and held her tight to his denim-covered erection. She immediately began to work herself off on him, causing his zipper to rub against him painfully, but even the painful friction brought him closer to the edge. He began sucking harder on her neck as his hips began to move against hers, helping them both reach their release. As her movements became frantic he pulled her head down and towards his neck, bit down on her harder and bucked his hips against her forcefully.

When her fangs entered his neck her climax hit her, and he followed right after her, spilling himself into his pants. His drinking slowed as he slowly came back to himself.

Temporarily sated his demon retreated slightly, Spike removed his fangs as he licked the wounds closed. He felt her do the same to him and he stepped away from her. The look in her eyes was enough to rouse his demon again and he was about to undo his pants so he could bury both his cock and his fangs inside of her, when the banging started. This time it seemed the entire crypt shook.

The Buffy chained in front of him went absolutely nuts. She immediately began to fight savagely against her restraints.

“We have to go.” Spike had completely forgotten about the other Buffy that was with him.

“Where are we going to go this time?” He asked tiredly. He noticed she was now solid once more and instead of being angry or upset she just watched him bring another woman…

Er, vampire…

Who was technically her.

Another bang sounded outside, and the happy Buffy walked over to him quickly and took his hand.

This time he was dizzy before they even left his crypt as he tried to wrap his mind around what was going on.

Spike realized he must be getting used to this traveling, because the disorientation was minimal this time. And again he recognized their location. They were in the house he found her in the night her mates had kicked her out.

“All right. I’ve had about enough of this. I want some answers and I want them now.” He almost growled. “And none of this disappearing nonsense either. You stay nice and solid, now.”

Again there was a loud banging. Buffy looked up startled. “Oh, no. SHE must know you are here, that’s the only way the Slayer could find us so fast.”

”Who is this SHE you keep talking about?” Spike tried to get her attention, but she didn’t answer him. She grabbed his hand again. Spike wanted to pull away from her before she teleported them again, but he was too late. This time when the dizzying feeling started, it didn’t stop. It continued on and on. Familiar places passed in front of him, but before he could even properly think of where they were they were gone again.

They began to move even more quickly and the dizzy feeling increased. As they moved ever faster the images started appearing more wildly. Sometimes the places were upside down, sometimes the seemed almost inside out, other times they were tilted at strange angles.

Spike noticed Buffy seemed to be losing her solidity along with her control.

He tried to shout and tell her to stop, but she didn’t seem to hear him. He tried to jerk on her hand to get her attention, but she must have lost her body at that moment because he lost his grip on her.

It was like being thrown out of a moving car at high speed. He hit the pavement hard and went rolling for about 15 feet before sliding to a stop.

Several minutes went by in absolute silence, and then Spike groaned and slowly began to pull himself up.

As he stood up he noticed that Sunnydale had resumed its gray coloring and fuzzy appearance.

He let out another groan and tried to stretch.

He felt the tingling in that instant. He heard, rather than saw the approach.

He did however feel the stake when it entered his heart and felt his body disintegrate into ash.


A/N: Whew!!! That chapter got long, I hope that makes up for the delay in updates. I discovered while writing this, that dream worlds were not as easy to portray as I first assumed and there are a couple parts I was worried were too muddled. Any and all feedback would be really helpful.
Thank you, Kyra