Spike sat at the dinner table feeling amazed again. And what wasn't there to be amazed about? He was a vampire, sitting at a dining table with the woman he loved and her mother, having a very pleasent conversation about the demon activity in Sunnydale. Yep, only life on the Hell mouth would do it. Dinner finished and Spike waited for Buffy to get changed for patrol, tonight Giles was coming with them to observe.

Spike grimaced at the thought; he and Buffy were going just fine at the moment, well aside Xander and his issues. Willow was being supportive but Spike knew that if Giles cast any doubt that Buffy would panic. She needed her friend's approval to the point of letting it stop her from doing something if they thought it was a bad idea. Spike supposed it was one of those things to do with her wanting to be a normal girl so much. Spike smiled and looked up when he heard Buffy bounding down the stairs and his mind automatically wandered to vaguely obscene thoughts when he saw that Buffy was wearing leather pants. Buffy gave him a look full of promise then sauntered of to say goodbye to Joyce.

Once outside spike pounced on her, pinning her to bonnet of the nearest car and plundered her mouth with his own. They separated both gasping for breath and Spike spoke.

"When we're done tonight, come down to the basement." It wasn't really a request.


"I don't know Spike, Mom was fairly clear on the 'there will be no sex issue'. If she catches us, we're done for." Buffy looked a bit worried and Spike could appreciate it, he really could but he knew there was no way on earth he'd be able to do anything tonight but think of the golden girl upstairs in bed all night.


"All right Luv, but I thought you might get lonely up there in that big bed all by yourself, what with me downstairs an all." Spike emphasised his point by thinking of the things he wanted to do to Buffy right now.

Buffy playfully swatted his arm.

"That's not fair, but we'll see. Ok?"

They made there way to the cemetery and weren't really surprised to find Giles waiting for them. He got straight down to business.

"There's a reported nest of Vampires, residing in a crypt in this cemetery. I want you to find them and despatch them. I will be timing you." He looked at his watch pointedly before looking back to the blonde pair that stood in front of him. Spike gestured for Buffy to lead the way and followed her when she did. Spike understood what the watcher was doing. He was testing them to make sure that something beneficial had come out of there union. Spike wasn't worried, the increased strengths in Buffy alone would have been enough to handle almost anything, and with him in that mix as well they could wreak some serious havoc.

Spike smiled to himself and wondered again what Buffy would have been like as a vampire, and how his life would have been if he had met her instead of Dru. Probably less full of pain. Spike shook off the thoughts and came back to the present. Buffy was stood about twenty feet away from a large crypt and she had a gleam in her eye.

Yep they had found the nest. He watched her as she pulled out a stake, and smiled. She didn't need to signal him, he just knew what to do. And they were off. With a flying kick Buffy levelled the door to the crypt and the fun began. Spike joined her in the melee, there were about fifteen vamps just lounging around and Spike almost pitied them. The first, nearest to the door, was staked by the Slayer before he really even knew what was going on. Spike and Buffy, as usual attacked together, they stood back to back and let the vampires approach them, and lulling them into thinking them we're surrounded.

Giles stood at the door of the crypt with a stake in hand, but it wasn't necessary. He stared slightly open mouthed at the pair in the middle of all these vampires. They looked like they're programmed he thought. Such was the way they moved together, perfectly timed, almost in synchronisation. By the time Giles was finished his thoughts there were only to vampires left, he watched as Buffy and Spike approached them. They seemed to know they were beaten and looked as is they had just given up as Buffy staked the one in front of her and Spike twisted the others head clean of his body. But the chances of them getting away from the blond duo were up there with another live Elvis concert. Buffy whirled around and grabbed Spike by his duster and kissed him thoroughly, only the sound of Giles clearing his throat reminded her that he was still there.

"Sorry Giles, just feel a little exhilarated." Buffy blushed slightly at what she said and Spike chuckled.

"So Rupert do we pass?" spike asked pointedly.

"Why yes, as a matter of fact you do. That was truly incredible, and it's always like this you say?" Giles was making notes.

"Pretty much." Buffy shrugged not really all that impressed, she had not been able to see herself and spike in action.

The two walked over to the door and exited with Giles.

"This is truly amazing; with the two of you like this I don't think that there are many demons that you couldn't face. I think the only chance anyone would have of defeating you would be to injure one of you…." Giles was cut of abruptly by a whizzing noise followed quickly by the sound of Buffy scream. He turned quickly only to feel something sharp hit him in the neck. All he saw was Spike on the floor with what looked like taser wires sticking out of his chest and Buffy slumping to the floor next to him, two darts sticking out of her legs.

Then the darkness came.