Buffy awoke feeling groggy and disorientated. She shook her head slightly trying to clear the fog, and it all came crashing back down around her. Patrolling, being shot, Spike in pain. She focused desperately for a moment trying to find spikes constant presence that she always felt. It was there, but it was weak, he must still be asleep Buffy reasoned. Buffy looked around from her position on the floor and recognised what seemed to be an empty cell in the initiative.

Fury hit home, Riley must have done this. And why wasn't Spike waking up? She curled her legs up underneath her and waited.

Spike eventually awoke, not for any will of his own but because he was in pain. He felt like he was being torn apart. He opened his eye's and knew he was back in the initiative, same doctor's garb on the men, same type of cell. He closed his eye's again as more pain wracked his body, he had been hooked up to some sort of machine while he sleep, and now it seemed like every time they twisted a knob, his skin was trying to get up and crawl off his body.

Maggie Walsh watched from the observation room upstairs, she had monitors on that showed both Hostile 17's cell and the slayers. What utterly intrigued her though was every time that the doctors in the vampire's cell did anything to him that caused pain, the slayer went absolutely crazy. Screaming, writhing, almost as if she was in pain too. But that was impossible, there were at least five cells between them, Maggie doubted if the Slayer could even hear what was happening to the vampire. It definitely was interesting and more tests should clear things up. The only reason she hadn't began testing on Buffy yet was because of Riley. Riley made such a fuss of no harm coming to Buffy, but after witnessing this, surely he would understand.

Spike slumped to the floor when the doctors unhooked him from the machines and wires and moved him of the bed. He watched them wheel out all of the equipment. Not that he could have done much more, he had lost so much blood he doubted if he could walk let alone pick a fight. Once they had left he concentrated for a moment trying to sense Buffy, she was in a lot of distress, they he could feel coming off her in waves. He rolled in to face the wall which he knew her to be somewhere behind and concentrated a little harder.

Maggie watched constantly at her monitors, now that the vampire had been left alone she wanted to see what would happen. He hadn't even looked at the packet of blood they had left in his cell, ok it was drugged, but the vampire had lost so much blood she didn't think that the vampire would care. She watched him curl into the wall and it looked like he was going to sleep. Out of the corner of her eye she saw the slayers cell, suddenly the frantic pacing of the girl stopped.

Maggie watched closely as the girl walked to the wall that separated the cells and fall to her knee's first, the lay down on her side and curl in on herself and close her eye's. Maggie looked between the two cells, amazed, the vampire and the slayer almost mirrored each other. She had just decided to put it down to coincidence when she watched the two prisoners raise their hands and put them on the wall almost in synchronisation. There was no doubt now, there was something between them, Maggie didn't know what but she was going to find out and there was only one way she could really think of doing it.

Buffy jumped as her cell door swished open and moved into a defence stance as the soldiers poured in. Buffy relaxed, conceding that although there were only six of them, what would she do once free? There was no way she was leaving Spike so she might as well see what they had to say. One of them approached her and pulled of his balaclava.

"You're being moved." Oh of course it would be Riley. She knew that he had something to do with this but her mind just wouldn't let her think that he could do anything to her.

He frowned a bit before speaking again.

"I'm not happy about this but it has to be done. I've managed to get this for you, I know you'll do what you have to do." He shoved something at her, being in front of her blocked the view of the others. Buffy looked down quickly, seeing a stake, she quickly stuffed into the waist band of her pants.

Thought's were running wildly through her brain, are they going to put me in with some vampire's to see if I can fight, is this another weird test? The thought's continued as they led her out of the cell and down the corridor, she was surprised when they stopped only about two hundred yards from where they started. Confused and her brain on overload, Buffy immediately went into a defensive stance again as they opened the cell door and shoved her in.

Buffy scouted the room looking for the threat when her eye's landed on a familiar white chest and black jeans. She almost threw herself at Spike's body, he was unconscious, she cursed her self as she realised that she had let herself get side tracked and not noticed the bond as keenly as she normally would. She pulled Spike's head up of the floor and checked his face, there were cuts and various bruises, but his chest made her throat gag. Her mind wouldn't let her make sense of what she was seeing. She shook her head and tried to concentrate, his chest was just a mass of bloody flesh. She could see his body had made an attempt to try to heal itself but it wasn't working. Then she realised that he needed blood. Her eye's scouted the room and landed on the packet of blood but quickly discarded the thought. Spike had told her before that it was drugged.

Maggie entered the corridor, deciding to see the cell close up rather that from the observation room. She came to stand next to Agent Finn who was watching the scene intently.

"I'm not happy about this; you've put her in a room with a half starved vampire." Riley never turned away from the cell as he spoke.

"He is weakened, and she is the Slayer, I don't think she have many problems." Maggie replied, seeing Riley's smirk she kept the thought that she really didn't think that the Slayer was going to do anything to he vampire to herself.

Buffy made up her mind, she knew what she was going to do but she wasn't sure how to go about it. She kissed Spike gently on the forehead before resting her forehead on his. She concentrated as hard as she could on the bond, probing it, trying to find a way through.

Spike floated in a black void, he was fairly at peace but something at the back of his mind kept nagging at him. And he kept hearing a faint voice, it almost sounded like it was calling him. It sounded a bit like Buffy, but that was silly, Buffy was with him, he could feel her.

The penny dropped, Buffy, it was her calling, he remembered what happened. She might need him. Spike clawed his way back to reality. As he opened his eye's the pain hit him, then a peace, he was staring into Buffy's eyes. He revelled in the touch of her, so close, after a separation that seemed to have lasted for ever.

Buffy felt the relief wash through her, she had started to lose hope, she had been trying so hard and nothing had been happening. But he was awake now and she could have done a little dance, she was so happy to see his beautiful blue eyes.

"Spike. Baby? Can you hear me?" Buffy asked worriedly.

"I'm hurt Luv, not deaf." Spike smirked at the exasperated look she gave him.

"Spike we really need to get out of here, and I'm really starting to freak out because there are people outside watching us like we're the freak show at the circus." Buffy was rambling a bit, she knew, but she was starting to panic.
"Pet I'm not going anywhere, I've lost too much blood, but maybe I can cause a distraction and you can get out." The thought of being without her again pained him, but the thought of them touching her or worse Buffy dying almost broke his heart.

Buffy smacked him on the forehead.

"You think I'm going to leave you here? I need you, you idiot, so here is what were going to do. I know you've lost a lot of blood so you're going to take some of mine…."

"No fucking way Slayer, I'm injured and I don't have that sort of control. You'll die." Spike cut her off and let it be known by the tone of his voice that he was serious.

"I won't die Spike, I trust you. Anyway, if I die so do you, how stupid do you think your demon is?" Buffy answered simply.

Spike almost laughed at her logic, but she was right he supposed.

"You really want to do this with an audience Luv?" Spike knew it was a crappy excuse but he wasn't sure if he wanted to do this at all.

"Fuck it; let's give them something to look at." Spike laughed his rich throaty laugh at her words and Buffy felt her heart fill with love again.

Buffy helped Spike to sit up with his back against the wall. Knowing that he was reluctant to do this she thought a bit of encouragement might help. She pulled her shirt of over her head and slowly kneeled with a leg either side of Spikes, so she was straddling him.

"Are you trying to kill me Buffy?" Spike chuckled at the wicked grin she gave him.

Outside there was murmuring. Riley heard one of the agents make a comment.

"What, are they going to get it on? I thought he was going to attack her, hey this just got a whole lot more interesting."

Riley lost it, it was too much watching it himself but other's seeing it? He ordered all of the agents back to the briefing area. He turned back to the cell and his eyes nearly fell out. His beautiful Buffy was currently kissing that vampire, wow the hold spike had on her was stronger that he thought.

Buffy moaned into Spike's mouth, the contact of they're skin seemed to be sending sparks through both of them. The world fell away as she offered her neck to Spike, knowing without a doubt that she trusted him completely. For the first time, Buffy opened herself completely up and let Spike in, she gave herself to him. She felt spike's fang pierce her neck, and not for the first time while being bitten, she felt an orgasm wash through her. Feeling Spike drink her, she knew that she would begin to feel weak soon, but it didn't come, she felt stronger by the minute.

Spike felt Buffy quake beneath him and it fuelled him, he drew long mouthfuls of her precious blood, savouring it. Knowing that Buffy trusted him made his heart sing but her doing this for him made him want to weep. Spike knew what it took for her to do it, and wanted to try and make her understand he loved her more than life. He opened himself up and poured himself inside of her.

Maggie watched in fascination as Riley watched in horror, the slayer and the vampire clawed at each other. The vampire draining her, and the girl just let him, although it didn't seem to be affecting her as it normally would a human. Maggie's thoughts were cut short as she noticed a cackling of the energy filed that surrounded the cell door. Spark's seemed to be flying from the pair, but Maggie knew that was impossible. But impossible or not the room filled with what looked like fork lightning and blue lights swirling around the pair. She was out of her depth here and she knew it.

"Go and get the other Agent's now." She barked at Finn, he seemed to hesitate before taking off down the corridor.

When Maggie turned back to the cell she jumped back in surprise, fro both the vampire and the slayer were both standing now, as close to the reinforced windows as they could get. But what worried Maggie so much was that their eyes were glowing with that same blue spark.