Buffy awoke feeling safe and warm; she cuddled up to Spike a bit more relishing the feeling. It was daytime outside and Buffy marvelled at how she knew that, she had always had a vague awareness of the time but now it was like she could tell the suns position with her eye’s closed. Definitely a vampire thing. Then she slipped quietly from the bed and ventured downstairs.

Buffy was surprised to see that Giles was sitting at the kitchen counter with her mother, and then she noticed that he wore the same clothes as the previous evening and reasoned that he must have stayed. That thought brought a blush to her face as she thought of the noise that her and Spike must have made last night.

She helped herself to some coffee, then sat on the opposite side of the counter, facing them both.

“Okay. Go nuts. Shout at me, whatever you want.” Buffy stared at them both almost daring them to.

“Buffy, you know what I must be feeling, but I also understand some of what you were feeling last night. Mr.Giles explained a little bit to me about what was happening so I’m prepared to be a bit more understanding. But I will tell you now, last night was a one time deal. There will not be a repeat of any of those activities in this house again. It’s done with now and we won’t speak of it again.” Joyce softened her words by giving her daughter a smile.

“Thank you.” Buffy said simply, she really was amazed at her mother’s capacity to accept almost anything.

“I need to ask you a few questions.” Buffy spoke to Giles, who was still casually sipping his tea.

“Why don’t you two go through to the lounge and I’ll bring you something to eat.” Joyce interrupted before he could answer and ushered them both out of the kitchen. Buffy was relieved for the privacy.

“What ever you have to say, you may as well get it out of your system now.” Buffy spoke directly to Giles as they sat down, she didn’t want anything to interfere later on.

“Buffy, I know you’re bonded to Spike, so I can understand how your feelings may be clouded, but you do remember that he is a vampire don’t you. And that your bonding has now rendered his chip totally useless.” Giles didn’t mince his words; Buffy had asked him to be direct so he was.

“My feelings are not clouded, and I’m not just bonded to him, I love him. And before you start telling me I don’t, I think I felt this way before the bond. You know the first time we slept together? That was to find out if I’d hurt him, but the second time, I arranged that. I invited him to come to me.” Buffy was silent for a moment, to give it time to sink in.

“I wanted to do it Giles; I felt a connection between us. And maybe I am a freak, or abnormal for wanting vampires but what else is there for me. Even if I wanted to be with a normal guy I couldn’t. Not without the risk of hurting him myself, or him being killed by evil things because of who I am.” Buffy let out a sigh but continued.

“He is my match in everything, he is an asset to my fighting, and he understands and accepts every part of me. Just as I do for him, I think the bond may have helped me see more clearly, but it hasn’t made me do anything I didn’t want to.” Buffy sat back and waited for Giles to speak.

“I don’t really know what to say to you. I cannot pretend that your relationship with Spike fills me with joy, but I can certainly understand what you are saying. I am worried that his being a vampire might be influencing you a bit too much though.” Giles was totally honest in his reply.

“I thought you said it wouldn’t last that long?” Buffy asked with a bit of surprise in her voice.

“I don’t mean from the blood transference Buffy, I mean in general. You have changed in some ways, only slightly mind, but it has still influenced you. You seem to enjoy your confrontations and your mannerisms are only a few things.” Giles saw Buffy sigh in relief.

“What relationship doesn’t influence you? Giles, think about it, we can do a lot of good together. Now there are two of us fighting.” Buffy reasoned.

“I must agree with you there. Now what were the questions you wanted to ask?” Giles got back to the issue, although he wasn’t sure he was prepared to answer any questions she had about her relationship.

“Well, last night while Spike and I were….making love, I was feeling a lot of new sensations.” Buffy cut off abruptly and flushed to her root as she realised what she had said.

Giles took off his glasses and took out a handkerchief to polish them; he motioned for her to continue.

“I, er, didn’t mean it like that. Since I woke up after I was shot I have had all of these different feelings and thoughts running through my mind, I know that it is because some of Spikes blood got mixed with mine. Anyway there is one thing that is bothering me, last night when spike and I were making love I kept getting the feeling that I wanted to make him mine.” Buffy stopped for a moment to think about her next words.

“That’s the best way I can think of to describe it. The thought kept popping in to my mind but I don’t know what it means. All I know is that what ever it is I want to find out everything I can about it.” Buffy looked back to Giles and waited for a response.

“Buffy, I really don’t think that this is a good idea. These things that you are feeling are a side effect of the vampire blood in your system. You wouldn’t even have known any different if this hadn’t of happened.” Giles tried to reason with her.

“Giles I’m going to find out what I want one way or another, I would prefer if you would just tell me what you know.” Buffy took on what she would call Willows resolve face.

Giles sighed.

“What I think you are referring to is called Domination.”

“Excuse me?” Buffy cut him off, flushing again.

“It is exactly what you are thinking. Vampire rituals are based on violence, it stems from the Sire/Childe relationship. Sometimes it is done out of control and pure sadism, but it has been known that when vampires take mates they perform the ritual of as domination. It’s when one partner dominates the other, physically and sexually. It is seen as a form of claiming.” Giles broke of the conversation as Joyce entered with sandwiches and more tea.

They both sat in an awkward silence as Joyce pottered around the table and Buffy let out a breath as she headed back to the kitchen.

“Claiming?” Buffy urged Giles to continue.

“I suppose it’s a bit like your bond, it’s another way of joining yourselves. But the difference with this is that all will know of it. Some vampires can tell if you’re bonded, but being dominated has one visible mark.” Giles sat forward and poured himself some tea.

“Giles, do you think that you gather all the information you have and give it to me. I would really like to learn a bit more about what it entails.” Buffy knew he would be reluctant but she was pleasantly surprised when he simply nodded.

“Now, what about you? So you stayed the night? Do I have to keep all forms of chocolate away from you and my mother?” Buffy gave her watcher a smirk, she was however totally shocked when her some times uptight watcher smirked back

And all was well in their odd family again.

****


A couple of months later Spike found himself in LA, visiting the great Poofter as he liked to call him. Giles had needed a book from Wesley. Something to stop another impending apocalypse.

Angel looked up as the door to his offices opened and in walked the bain of his life.

Angel’s eyes travelled over his wayward Grandchilde and stopped at the vampire’s neck. His eyes bugged out and he swallowed a lump in his throat.

Spike had been dominated. For around his neck was a leather collar, about two inches think and at the back of it was a ring.

If spike had been dominated then whoever did it must be very powerful, because there was no way Spike would allow anyone to dominate him, when he was knew to being a vampire he had accepted it from Angel because he knew no different, but now he was a Master in his own right.

Angel’s mind worked furiously as he contemplated all these things.

“Don’t worry Spike. I know we’re not how we used to be, but I won’t let someone do this to you. I know whoever did it must be strong but I’m sure that we can get round that. You did the right thing in coming to me. I’ll just challenge the claim.” Angel walked to the blond vampire and waited for a response, the one he got wasn’t what he expected.

“I’d like to see you try.” The voice came from the doorway.

There stood Buffy in leather pants and a tank top. And around her wrist was a length of leather about a meter long, it had been wrapped around her wrist several times to make it look like many bracelets. But at one end of it was a clasp, the clasp to Spikes collar.

Angel’s eye’s bulged and he promptly fainted.

“I think you broke him, luv.” Spike smirked at the still body on the floor, resisting the temptation to kick him.

“Spike! It’s not funny, I didn’t know he’d react like this, maybe we should have called.” Buffy looked worriedly from her mate to Angel.

“Not a chance, I’ll dine out on this for weeks.” Spike let out a chuckle before picking Angels body up and moving him to a couch.

“Hi Wes, we’re here to pick up that book for Giles.” Buffy explained a bit sheepishly.


THE END



A/N:
I know most of you will want to kill me for ending it like that but who knows? Will there be a sequel? Maybe. Will I write an interlude for the domination scene? Maybe.
Now I want to say a huge Thanks to all you lovely people who sent reviews, it was greatly appreciated and helped me carry on writing this. I want to say an extra special Thanks to Witchiepoo, who has always been there in the background with words of encouragement, and you know, she didn’t report me when I IM’ed her and started our first conversation ever, with: So How do I write the sex scenes.

Now, review, tell me what you thought.
Many Thanks
Pale Rider.