Willow opened the door to her room gently and peeked her head around the door, surely Spike and Buffy would be done by now. The room was dark but there was no noise so Willow entered the room and closed the door behind her.

She made her way over to her bed and was startled when a cough sounded from Buffy's bed. A distinctly male cough.

"Hello Red." Spike smiled up at the witch, he knew she couldn't see him but he could clearly see the startled look and he suppressed a chuckle.

"I er, I can go...." Willow blushed.

"No, no. It's ok, Buffy's asleep. I have to stay with her for a while but if it makes you uncomfortable, I'll wake her and she can come over to the crypt."

"No, please, stay. Er, why do you have to stay with her? Is she ok?" Willow's forehead wrinkled in concern.

"A lot has happened tonight, basically we're bonded but I'll let her fill you in, we need to stay in physical contact for a while yet. But I don't want you to feel pushed out, ok?" Spike liked the witch, and in no way did he want to alienate her.

"Wow, bonded huh? That's big. So er...." Willow sat on her bed looking at her feet

Spike could tell something was up, so he went straight to the point.

"What happened with Oz? You two break up or what?"

"Yeah we broke up, I mean he's been occupied with this other chick, who apparently is also a werewolf so obviously there's no room for Willow. We thought it was best, you know especially since I think I kinda met some one else to, but it still hurts." Willow sighed sadly

"So new bloke?" Spike didn't offer any fake sympathy he didn't see the point.

"Oh Spike I'm so confused." Willow almost wailed.

"What? What's wrong." Spike leaned up to rest on his elbow. He saw Willow slump down on to her bed.

"It's not a guy, this new person. There's this girl, Tara, in my Wicca group, and I don't know what I feel. But I think that I like her, in more than a friend way. Do you think I'm weird or perverted?" Willow almost cringed waiting for the vampire's response.

"Why would I think your weird or perverted? You like her, so what's the problem?" Spike stated simply.

"But Spike, she's a girl and I'm a girl, you know. We're meant to be dating big macho men. Oh, there is, there's something wrong with me isn't there?" Willow wailed again.

"Willow listen to me. I'm a vampire granted, so we're a bit more relaxed about our choice of partner's. When we choose a partner it's not just about sex, it's about companionship, I mean if your going to spend a couple of decades or centuries with someone it has to be someone you really get on with, now why would you more than half that chance of finding that someone by ruling out people who are the same gender as you? There's nothing remotely weird or perverted about wanting to be with someone who you like. I imagine it's the same for humans, if your going to do the happy ever after thing then you have to find the one person that you want to do that with, so what if she's a girl."

Willow smiled genuinely at the Vampire, she had never looked at it like that before. Strangely enough she didn't feel so confused anymore.

Buffy, who had woken at some point during the conversation, looked up at Spike with love in her eye's. She snaked a hand out to cup his face.

"Thank you." She whispered.

******

When the sun set the following evening Buffy was about ready to pull her hair out, not that she minded spending time with Spike, but not being able to go to the bathroom without an ache was getting beyond a joke.

"We can stay in contact Spike, but we are going out. I have to patrol and I need some fresh air and before you say anything, there is only so much sex you can have so move. Now."

Spike chuckled at the determined little slayer, they were finding out more things about the bond as the spent more time together. The funniest thing so far was all he had to do was think about having sex with her and her body responded, he took one last look at the Slayer standing with her arms crossed and got up. They had showered together, sneakily, hiding from the other students and so far no matter what he had done she wouldn't give in and come back to bed. So got up and dressed, then gestured for her to lead the way.

As Buffy and Spike made their way through one of Sunnydales cemeteries they walked hand in hand, the contact easing them both. Before they had left the dorm room Buffy had called Giles to let him know what had happened. He had been most insistent that she and Spike came over to his place after patrol. He hadn't said that he wanted to study them exactly but that was definitely the impression that Buffy got when she had hung up.

Buffy stopped at a fresh grave with a gleam in her eye.

"I can feel it. A vampire is coming up. Can you normally do that?" She asked curiously, this new gift could be fun.

"I can feel it." Spike confirmed. "But it's stronger with my offspring, as it were. You'll probably get that to, you'll be able to tell if someone is of my line."

Buffy waited for what seemed like forever for the vamp to rise. When it did, it barely got his head and shoulders out of the grave before Buffy practically pulled him out to his waist and shoved a stake into his heart.

Buffy looked a bit shocked at what she had done, and heard Spike chuckle.

"Need for violence, love. You'll get used to it." As Spike finished what he was saying his head turned to the direction of some tree's.

"We've got company Love." Spike knew it was the soldier lot even before he saw them.

Buffy turned to look at the tree's just as a group of four commando's, stepped out. And there at the head of them was Riley. She inwardly moaned. This was gonna be fun.

"Hey Buffy." Riley smiled. The smile however faltered a bit when he saw that the vampire that the group had spotted was Spike.

"We spotted a vampire and a human, we came to rescue them. But it's you. Why are you with Spike? Oh and are we still on for the movie's Friday night?" Riley's gaze never left her.

"Riley I thought we covered this, we broke up. Remember?" Buffy sighed. Yep, this was going to be fun.

"Oh Buffy, you silly girl. I know that you didn't mean it. Was it your time of the month? Cause that would probably explain a lot." Yep he was smiling.

Buffy sighed and stamped her foot, yes she knew it was childish but it was either that or stamp on Riley's head. She could see the other three members of his little commando group were shuffling uneasily. They could obviously see what was going on here.

Buffy knew that the only thing she could do was going to make her seem like a complete bitch, but she did it anyway.

She pulled Spike up close to her, ignoring the shocked look on his face, she pulled his head down for a swift, hard kiss. She made a point of kissing him passionately. When she pulled away she was breathless. She turned to face Riley and just caught sight of the gleaming knife he had pulled.

As he lunged for Spike, Buffy intercepted him. She caught the hilt of the knife in one hand. And felt the blade pierce the skin between her thumb and fingers. Still holding the knife, she raised her leg and kicked Riley in the chest. Riley flew backwards and landed on his back. He lay there staring up at his ex girlfriend and the Vampire with an angry look on his face.

Buffy looked at the knife in her hand before twirling it around so the tip of the blade was between her fingers. Then she let it fly. The blade struck the ground between Riley's sprawled legs, about an inch away from his groin. Buffy looked at the blood that was trickling down her hand, she raised it to Spikes face. Spike caught on to what she wanted and slowly began licking the blood. Buffy turned back to address Riley and his goons.

"Do we understand each other now Riley? As for the rest of you. Hostile 17 is off limits. If one of you so much as touches him I will hunt you down and kill you. Do you understand me?" Buffy couldn't believe the anger that was coursing through her. When she had kicked Riley her original kick had been aimed for his head, to break his neck, but she had managed to change to direction at the last minute. And as for threatening to kill a bunch of humans?

"Buffy, love?"

Buffy heard Spike trying to catch her attention and refocused her eye's and looked at him.

"Buffy, there gone, come on we'd better go see Giles." Buffy was about to walk off when Spike pulled her into an embrace and hugged her fiercely.

"What was that for?" Buffy asked when he let her go.

"No reason." Spike's answer had a touch of guilt in it.

"You thought I was going to get back with him didn't you? After we'd spent all that time.... Doing stuff, you thought I'd just go back to him." Buffy sounded hurt and she didn't try to hide it.

"He's human love, it's the epitome of what you've always wanted, ok I know he's a twat but he has a heartbeat, and he's not a vampire." Spike's voice had trailed off to a whisper towards the end.

"Yeah, well maybe I like vampire's." Buffy smiled saucily at Spike, trying to lighten the mood, he had been really worried.

"Vampire's you say? No there's something I can do..." Spike leaned down to his little slayer and kissed her. His heart doing a little jump, no it wasn't a declaration of love, but again it was a start.

"Right come on, or we're never going to get out of this graveyard." Spike breathed as he pulled away from her.

****

As Buffy and Spike entered Gile's apartment they were greeted by the whole gang, including a new girl that was sitting with Willow. Buffy thought that it must have taken a lot for Willow to bring her here, and she could see that Willow was nervous. Before she could say anything Spike had ignored everyone and walked over to the new girl.

"Hey, you must be Tara right? I'm Spike. It's good to meet you." Spike held out a hand and she shook it, then smiled a small smile of relief. Spike sat down on the arm of the sofa.

Buffy looked on and her heart swelled a little bit more for him. She introduced herself and sat next to the girls and Spike and waited for the interrogation.

Gile's started the questions.

"So you have bonded. Buffy how do you feel? Are there any noticeable changes?"

"Ahhhh, you've bonded. That is so romantic." Anya let out a big dreamy sigh.

"What? Who's done what?" Xander looked around confused.

"You couldn't have told him in advance?" Buffy asked Giles with a pained expression.

"Buffy, I don't even know all the details." Giles shrugged apologetically.

"Ok, me and Spike have been bonded. We're together, a couple. Now that's out of the way....." Buffy never got a chance to finish what she was saying because Xander produced a stake from somewhere and lunged at Spike.

Again Buffy intercepted she grabbed Xander by the shirt and threw him back onto the chair he was sitting on. Buffy sighed.

"Xander your my best friend and I love you but let's get this straight. You touch him and I will break what ever part you touch him with. Hand. Leg. Neck. You understand me? This is none of your business Xander, it was MY choice. And I don't give a fuck if you don't agree with it. Also it is a life bond, if you kill Spike, I die, got it?." Buffy looked down at her hand, the cut had opened again.

Time to make another point. She sat back down and offered her hand to Spike again. Spike raised an eyebrow in question and she nodded.
"Well there's no point wasting it." Buffy shrugged.
Spike gently licked at her blood.

The room sat in silence for a moment just staring, when Giles broke the tension.

"A life bond you say? That isn't the usual part of a bond." He questioned trying avoid looking the vampire who was quite happily drinking his slayers blood.

"Apparently when Spike offered the bond and I accepted it, some freaky looking demon called Skip popped out of no where and said that the bond was sanctioned by the Powers, the said something about needing warriors for there cause and bam, he did a glowy hand thing and told us it was a life bond. He didn't think one of us would survive losing the other anyway." Buffy took a deep breath and waited for the onslaught.

"You know that's really quite erotic." Anya spoke first.

Buffy looked at her, then realised that she was leaning into Spike. And Spike had draped one arm around her shoulder and was slowly kissing his way up her arm.

"Huh? Oh sorry." She tapped Spike on the head and he looked up.

"What?" Buffy chuckled and gestured to the others. Spike looked a bit sheepish then pulled away slightly.

"Erm, if you have er, finished Spike, I'd like to talk to you. Get a few more specific's so I can research the bond in detail." Gile's got up and walked to the kitchen.

Buffy nudged Spike.
"Go on, and be nice." Buffy gave him a quick kiss and he followed the watcher.

"So, he's a... A vampire?" Tara spoke quietly.

"Yep, he's a vampire. But he's good." Buffy ignored the snort that Xander gave in response to that. She noticed the look that Anya gave him, then chuckled as Anya dragged him outside.

"Anya is gonna kill him." Willow whispered.

"Well it's about time, I'm sick of his judgmental crap, he's dating an ex vengeance demon, I'm sure I'm supposed to say something about greenhouses and stones here." Buffy muttered to herself.

"So, you two are bonded, what does it do? Can you do any neat stuff?" Willow asked excitedly.

"Well, I have extra strength, so I'm avoiding anything remotely breakable, I can feel vampire's before they rise, I always know where Spike is, and Skip, the demon messenger boy, says that with time Spike and I will be able to communicate over distance, I mean we get a sense of strong emotions off each other anyway." Buffy was smiling as she sensed a nervousness from Spike.

"What do you mean strong emotions, you can really sense them?" Willow asked curiously.

"Ok, watch this. Just watch Spike for a minute." Buffy chuckled to herself then deliberately began thinking of all the things Spike had done to her the night before.

She felt herself grow wet as she imagined Spike's tongue licking her most feminine parts, his hands cupping her breasts and teasing her nipples.

The girls that were left in the front room looked at Buffy curiously and she smiled when she heard a low growl from the kitchen.

"Buffy what are you doing?" Willow whispered.

"Excuse me for a moment." Buffy got up and went to the bathroom, yes she was doing this to tease Spike but she had turned herself on more than she had planned to. She locked the bathroom door behind her and reached a hand up under her top. She teased her nipples and her other hand unbuttoned her pants, she slid a hand down and started rubbing her clit with a finger.

Spike was having trouble concentrating, Giles was talking to him but he didn't hear a word of it. He knew what Buffy was doing. She was getting her own back. Spike tried to cover his raging hard on from the watcher.

Buffy was really getting in to it when the bathroom door flew open. Spike had kicked it in, he slammed the door shut behind him, grabbed Buffy and spun her around so that she was leaning over the sink. He pulled her pants down with a yank. Buffy felt excitement run through her as she heard Spike undo his own jeans.

Spike couldn't take it anymore, he pushed her down over the sink, positioned himself at her entrance and slammed into her wet core in one thrust. Buffy moaned as he filled her, and Spike joined her with a growl.

With just a few thrusts Buffy felt her orgasm wash through her, she bit Spikes arm that was leaning over her to stifle a groan. The bite drove Spike over the edge, he came with a roar. The pair slumped over the sink panting. Buffy twisted her head and gave him a quick kiss then smacked him around the head.

"Oww, what was that for?" Spike asked.

"How am I going to explain this? We just had sex in Giles' bathroom with my friends listening." Buffy flushed slightly.

"Might I remind you who started this, never, and I mean never start something you can't finish. Also you can explain to Giles why I had a hard on when he was talking to me, I think he thinks I fancy him" Spike graced Buffy with his trade mark smirk, and Buffy burst out laughing.

Buffy and Spike exited the bathroom once they had sorted themselves out, Giles was cleaning his glasses with a scotch on the side, no supprise really, the girls were sniggering and there standing in the doorway was Xander. More to the point a livid Xander.