Buffy walked through her front door and was surprised to see her father home, sitting on the couch in the living room. She hadn’t seen him in the last month because of an extended business trip. Walking over to him she placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

Hank smiled up at her wondering what had happened to the perky 15 year old girl she had been. She was so withdrawn now. She didn’t care what she looked like or that she was constantly being tormented at school. The Buffy he had raised would have mouthed off at anyone who pissed her off if they were lucky. Usually she’d kick the crap out of them. He smiled briefly remembering all the times she’d been suspended for breaking some guys nose or kicking one in the nuts if he was too grabby. She was gorgeous, she reminded him of Joyce. He knew the reason she’d let herself go was because she’d told him once that if she’d spent less time being obsessed with her looks and popularity she would have had more memories of her and her mom. Hank could relate to his daughter in some ways. After his wife had passed he’d spent a whole month lying in bed and letting himself go. Then one day he realized Joyce wouldn’t have wanted that. She probably wouldn’t approve of the bed hopping habits he’d taken on either but he couldn’t help it. He knew Joyce wouldn’t have wanted her sparkling Buffy to go into hiding. One of the last things she had said to him was how proud of her she was, “Buffy shines, she brings light to every dark room she enters. It’s her gift, don’t ever let her lose that Hank.”

Hank loved his daughter more than anything but he knew that there was a rift between them that could never be sewn shut. He’d let Buffy hide her true self for too long. He didn’t necessarily want her to give up the life she was leading now. She was getting good marks in school and she finally had real friends. She also wouldn't be so cruel to the less popular kids now that she knew what it was like to be one. He just didn’t want her to forget that she was beautiful on the outside too. He also hated that she wouldn’t defend herself. That’s where Faith came in, her and Buffy hadn't seen each other since Joyces last birthday. Faith was going to be shocked at the "new buffy". Maybe shocked enough to say something, even do something about it Hank thought hopefully.

“Buffy honey we have to talk. Sit down please.”
She sat across from him on the chair.
“I’ll be gone for another business trip soon.” He searched her face for a sign of anger or disappoint and it scared him more then anything that she just looked blank, no emotions in her eyes.
With a deep breath he continued. “It’s for a year sweetheart. I’ll be opening up a new company overseas and doubling my profits. That’s why I’ve asked your cousin Faith to move in with you while I’m gone.”

Faith was 19 years old, two years older then Buffy and had already graduated so she wouldn’t be going to school with her. Faith was Buffy’s hero growing up and Hank knew that much of his daughters spunk for life come from being around her. He was hoping Faith could bring it out in her again.

Buffy just looked at him for a moment before a huge smile lit her face. “Wicked. I haven’t seen her in ages. When is she coming?”

“Tomorrow night. I’ll be leaving after she gets here. I want you to take her to the Bronze and show her a good time.”

“But Da…”

He cut her off. “No but dads baby, it’s a good place to get to know people and since she’s new and doesn’t know anyone it’s the least that you can do.”

Buffy sighed a got up. “Fine.” She answered in defeat. She walked up the stairs to her room and felt something she hadn’t felt since her mom died, excitement.

Dont forget to review if you want more......=)