Buffy had just kissed her dad goodbye in the driveway. She’d lost track of time in the library. Reading books on the supernatural, especially a vampire called William the bloody was a secret passion of hers and she didn’t know why. She’d run home just in time to see her dad put the last of his suitcases in the taxi van that was waiting to bring him to the airport. He gave her a credit card that had no limits and told her to fax him all the bills that came in. He hugged her close for a minute before getting in the car and telling he loved her. He promised to call as often as possible. Both he and Buffy knew she wouldn’t be getting many phone calls from him.

She watched him get whisked away and ran into her house, wanting to see her cousin. Not two seconds after she walked through the door did she hear the familiar voice.

“Who the fuck are you?” Hank hadn’t mentioned anything about another girl staying with them and then her hand flew to her mouth. “Buffy?”

The smaller simply nodded and looked down at her feet. Faiths heart bled for her. Where had the real Buffy gone, who was this imposter standing before her? Shaking those thoughts away she hugged her cousin to her, vowing to bring back the cousin she remembered.

“So how have you been B?”
“Pretty good I quess.”
“You can look me in the yes ya know, I’m not gonna bite you.” She urged softly.
Buffy raised her eyes and smiled. “Ya tell that to all your ex’s.”
Faith laughed, ‘So the Buffy she knew was still in there somewhere, now I just gotta bring her out.’
“So your dad told me about the Bronze. I was thinking we could hit it up at around 8 tonight. You wanna invite your friends?”
Buffy shook her head. “Xander and Willow are both busy tonight, they can’t make it.”Buffy lied. She didn’t want to have to explain to Faith that she’d begged them to come but they’d refused. She didn’t blame them though, the last time they’d gone Angel and Harmony had “accidentely” spilled their drinks over their heads. They hadn’t gone back since, Buffy’s blood boiled at the memory. She didn’t know how but she’d get Harmony back one day.

Faith saw the anger flick across Buffy’s face and she knew there was more to it than let but decided to let it go. Buffy would open up when she was ready too, if not Faith would make her by tomorrow.

“I’m glad you’re here.” The words were said so softly Faith almost didn’t hear them.
“Me too B, me too. Now lets go get ready, we only have another hour and a half before we split and I need to sexy you up.”

Faith laughed at the way Buffy’s eyes popped and she dragged her up the stairs. Buffy couldn’t help but think that things were about to change.

Faith tried diligently for 20 minutes to find a way to do Buffy’s mid-back length hair before grabbing a pair of scissors off her bureau and cutting a large chunk off. Buffy had screamed and she’d been sure that her little cousin was gonna pass out. “Don’t worry B we’ll fix this up tomorrow okay?”

Buffy could only nod her head, she didn’t know what Faith had in mind but she knew it was going to be a very interesting weekend.

Faith pulled her hair into a messy bun and was about to do her makeup when Buffy said “Faith, you just cut off half my fucken hair, I’m not letting you touch my face tonight okay?”

Faith just smiled and let the lipstick go. Buffy was getting her nerve back, bit by bit. She let Buffy go to room and pick out what she was gonna wear, even though all her clothes were outdated and tacky. ‘I’ll take care of that tomorrow too’ Faith thought with an evil grin as she slipped into a tight pair of jeans and a tight black top.

“Ready B?” Faith hollered from the bottom of the stairs. Buffy came bounding out of her room in an old baggy pair of blue jeans and a ill-fitting long sleeved blue top. Faith sighed inwardly, ‘I’ve got a lot of things to do tomorrow’. They walked out of the house hand in hand and headed for the Bronze.

Spike and Harmony were dancing together. He just wasn’t feeling it tonight. She’d spent the whole day making him apologise for what he’d said the day before and it was really brassin’ him off. Even the make up sex had been more annoying then anything else. He looked over at Gunn who was sitting a table, talking quietly with Fred. It seemed much more appealing than staying there and having Harmony dance fuck him in front of everyone so he excused himself and joined them. It didn’t take her long to find another guy to dance with, he didn’t care though, he didn’t like her enough to be jealous.

“Hey guys, this a private talk or can anyone join in?” he asked jokingly.
“Anyone’s welcome unless it’s Angel or Harmony.” Fred said in an angry tone shocking both the men.
“Fred pet, something the matter?” Spike had never heard the tiny brunette so bothered.
“I’m just really sick of acting like a bitch just to be popular. I had more friends and better friends before I jumped up the social ladder when I started dating Gunn.”
Gunn looked upset for a moment before she went on. “Not that I’d ever give up dating you sweetie, but I wouldn’t mind ditching Angel and Harm. Even Cordy’s sick of them and Angels her boyfriend.” Fred was speaking ultra fast, she did that when she was nervous. “I just don’t want to be picked on anymore.” She finished.

“None of us do pet, that’s why we do the things we do.” Spike had bleached his hair and made his style punk-ish. He’d also changed his attitude. He’d been a real geek in London. With brown curly hair, glasses and far too many clothes that ended with the word tweed he saw coming to America as his chance to change. And change he did, from his looks to his sweet demeanor. He changed. All of them had been lost in their own thoughts. Each wanting out of the horrible circle they were in but none wanting to go back to being picked on and laughed. Although they were the “main” crowd Angel and Harm had “people in waiting” that would eagerly replace them and make their lives a living hell when Harmony came rushing over.

“Look who just walked in guys.” Running a hand along Spikes thigh she pointed them towards the bar.

Fred sighed and tried to stop Harmony from doing anything. “Why are you even gonna waste your time on her Harm, didn’t you say she was beneath you?”

“Well that was before she came to MY club and decided to bring some ho with her.” She stated.

“That’s funny luv’ I don’t remember you showing us the deed to this place.”

Harmony glared at her boyfriend, ‘what’s his deal lately?’, “Whatever Spike.” She picked up the bottle of water she had and stalked over to Buffy and Faith.

Faith narrowed her eyes at the approaching girl. She looked like a bitch. She saw Buffy turn around and look at her.

“What are you doing here Fluffy?”

“Her name’s Buffy.” Faith interjected coldly.

“Ya whatever.” The bimbo focused her eyes on Buffy again. “I asked you a question.” She was practically yelling and people where beginning to stare.

“I’m just showing my cousin around, she just moved here and…” Buffy didn’t even have time to finish the sentence as Harmony’s hand went up and poured water all over her head. Faith went to hit her but Buffy put a small hand on her shoulder. She didn’t know if it was because she’d just had enough or if it was because having her cousin around reminded her of who she used to be but something gave her the courage for what she did next.

She closed her hand into a fist and let a punch go that would have made Mike Tyson proud. Harmony went flying and landed on her ass, she was out cold. Buffy didn’t have time to register what happened because her cousin grabbed her and they bolted. Neither one noticing the small smile that played on a certain bleached blonde's face.


Okay i promised myself i wouldn't write more unless i get at least 10 reviews. I need the inspiration guys come on. I promise you lots of spuffy goodness if you feed my ego =)
There's another chapter just begging to be posted.