Spike awoke feeling very relaxed and sated. He smiled sleepily, he must have had another dream. He opened his eye’s and blinked at his surrounding’s. Huh?

“Ah Spike, your awake. Good.” It was Gile’s who spoke, he quickly crossed the room to where Spike lay.

“Er, Rupert, why am I here, and why am I naked?” Spike pulled the blanket he was clutching closer to him.

“You don’t remember? What nothing?” At Spike shaking his head Giles carried on.
“That’s odd, just hold on for a minute I will be back shortly.” Giles left the training room leaving behind a very confused vampire.

***

“What do you mean he doesn’t remember?” Buffy asked confused. How could he not remember.

“That’s just it Buffy he doesn’t seem to remember anything of what transpired.” Gile’s explained gently.

“Why don’t you go and talk to him, he could be lying but I just don’t think that he is.” Gile’s sighed, he never had Buffy’s ability to tell when Spike was lying.

***

Buffy slowly made her way into the training room, half afraid of what might happen. She saw Spike clutching the blanket to him and smiled. Spike felt Buffy enter the room and looked at her. She looked ragged.

“What the fucking hell happened. And who did that to you, I’ll fucking kill 'em. Why am I naked? What happened?” Spike growled as his possessive streak emerged.

Buffy trembled with indecision. Should she tell him the truth or just leave it? He seemed so angry, she couldn’t face telling him. She took a deep breath and spoke.

“We were attacked. You got knocked out, you got covered in something so Gile’s stripped you and put you on the couch.” She held her breath, waiting for him to accuse her of lieing. She felt her guts churn at the lie’s.

“Did you kill it?” Spike felt the tension in the air, obviously he wasn’t going to be let in on what had happened.

“What? No. It got away.” Buffy’s stomach was a mass of knots.

“I have to go.” Spike watched her flee, he sat back and ran a hand through his hair. Just what the fuck was going on? What had done that to Buffy. She had a mark on her neck, it had been covered by a bandage but something just kept pulling at Spike.

***

It happened twice more before Giles had been able to discover a ritual for summoning whoever was causing the possession. The only snag was that he could only contact them while the possession was active. So he had informed Buffy and Spike that they had to stay and sleep in the training room at the Magic Box.

“Giles, this is getting ridiculous. I have to sleep here now? And Spike is so not buying my lame excuses anymore. He keeps asking me why he wakes up naked with me, battered and bruised. He’s even asked around the demon community and of course no one has seen or heard anything of the imaginary demon. I’m going to have to tell him the truth.” Buffy sighed.

She had begun to enjoy her private moments with Spike, not just the sex part, but watching him sleep. The feeling of peace and love that surrounded her. She hadn’t felt at peace for a long time and it comforted her in ways she didn’t understand. Also, although she knew it was stupid, but Buffy felt as if another presence was within her body. As if she was pregnant. She quickly squashed any thoughts of baby’s let alone mini Spikes. That wasn’t going to happen so why dwell?

Spike never said anything, not even when they had met at her home and come together. Of course when he woke up Buffy was dressed and he was naked again, but she had covered him with a blanket and lay down next to him and fallen asleep.

When Spike awoke snuggled next to her, he hadn’t moved or woken her up. He went back to sleep and when he had woken again she was gone.

Spike arrived at the Magic Box and the room was silent as he entered. Something was going on and no one was telling him anything.

“Ah Spike, your here. We have decided that it would be best if you and Buffy were to stay here just in case the er.. Demon comes back.” Giles looked away from the vampire as he finished his sentence.

“Sod that, something is going on and I want to know what. I wake up, naked I might add, the slayer looks as if she met with a master vampire who wiped the floor with her, and no one is telling me shit. I’m not doing anything until I get some answers.” Spike crossed his arms to emphasize his point.

Giles just looked at Buffy, she in turn sighed.

“Ok Spike, I was going to tell you tonight anyway, come and sit down.” Buffy sat at the table and Giles scurried of to look at some books.

Spike sat opposite the slayer waiting.

“Well, you see what happened is...” Buffy trailed of when she looked at Spike and saw a blue glaze cover the Vampire’s eye’s.
“...oh never mind, GILES!” Buffy got the shout out just in time before the glaze covered her own eyes.

Giles rushed to finish the arrangement for the ritual, desperately trying to ignore the two in front of him who had got on to the table now.

“....let the veil be lifted.” Giles finished the incantation and had to shield his eyes from the bright light that flashed. When he lowered his hand, his eye’s settled on two figures, a male and a female, whose eyes were staring lovingly at the couple on the table.

“Er.. Hello.” Giles coughed gently

The figure’s turned to face him surprised.

“How is it that you see us?” The male asked.

“I summoned you to find out why...” He trailed off gesturing at the vampire and slayer that were making love on his table. “...that is, I am the girl’s watcher and I need to know why you have possessed them.”

“We need a child.” The female answered sadly.

“What? He is a vampire, he can’t sire children and you can’t just go around making strangers have sex for you. It’s like rape.” Giles answered angrily.

“You misunderstand; we can only enter those who have an emotional attachment? Is that the right word?” The female looked at her partner for confirmation. When he nodded she continued.

“We are not of this plane, our world will be doomed if we do not have this child. You do not know what risks we took to do this.” The female glanced and the pair on the table again.

“But why those two, you could have picked anyone who was already in a relationship....”

Giles trailed off as the noises from the table grew more intense. He stared at his feet and blushed as he heard Buffy moan, then Spike growl. The two slumped on the table and Giles continued.

“I mean why these two out of the entire world?”

“We were limited, it had to be someone strong enough to take the mating and be compatible to carry the child.”

Giles gasped.

“You mean Buffy is going to have your child?”

“No, she will just carry the child until it is safe for me to transfer it.” The female glanced at the table, Buffy had sat up, grateful for the blanket that Giles had put on the chair. She wrapped it around her self and spoke to the figures before her.

“Are you the ones doing this to me and him?”

The female of the figures looked puzzled.
“You should have no memory of what occurs, I do not understand how you can know this.” The female raised a hand towards Buffy and took a step forward. A glow emanated from her hand before she gave a knowing nod.

“You have had something erased from your memory before this, which is why it does not work.”

“What? What have I had erased?” Buffy looked doubtingly at the female.
“I may not tell you. What about your mate? Does he have a memory of this?” The female answered simply.

“No.” Buffy sighed. “Just me. So who are you and why are you doing this to me?”

The female hesitated, the spoke.

“Our names would mean nothing to you as they are not known here, you may call me Lillis, we were once worshiped as a fertility deity. Our line was what you might call cursed. We had made the mistake of thinking lust was love and our family dwindled, children were no longer sired. As the leader of our people the fertility of our race depends on ours, if we do not have a child then no one will and our race will be doomed.” The female wiped at tears that had fallen.

“I have explained to your friend and explained that we needed to infuse you with our essence so that you may carry a child for us until it was grown enough to transfer to my own womb.”

Buffy gasped and her hand flew to her stomach.
“I’m pregnant?” She whispered.

“You were never to know, we came tonight to collect the child.” The male answered.

The female approached Buffy; she raised a hand to Buffy’s stomach and slowed as Buffy flinched.

“Is the baby mine?” Buffy whispered again.

“No, the child is not of your body, it just needed some where strong and safe to grow.” The female raised her hand again as she saw Buffy relax and move to stand in front of her.

The females hand began to glow as she place one hand over Buffy’s stomach and one hand over her own.

Buffy felt such unbearable loss as she felt the presence disappear. Indescribable heartache filled her as she felt tears spill onto her face. She sank to her knees and sobbed, the emotions taking over her body.

The female backed away to whisper to her partner, he looked a bit surprised at what ever she had whispered but nodded and walked over to the sleeping vampire.

Buffy stood up, still crying as the female approached her again smiling.

“You will never know what you have done for us, so I will give you this gift, but be sure it is what you want. Also, I know that you are a warrior, and are hardly ever likely to need our help, but if you ever do, then it is yours.” She raised he hand again to Buffy’s stomach and a light flowed into Buffy.

Buffy was instinctively drawn to the table again, where Spike lay.

The male figure back away smiling gently, Spike opened his eye’s and looked at Buffy from beneath the blue glow that still resided there and raised his arms to pull her to him.

Buffy vaguely heard the female address Giles.

“We understand that you collect knowledge, you may talk with us a while.” And they led him away from the Slayer and the vampire.

Buffy was aware of another presence in her body again, obviously by the way Spike’s eye’s were still glowing the same could be said for him, but she had more awareness herself this time. She let herself be pulled down onto the table again and met Spikes lips in a kiss; he climbed over her legs and came to rest cradled there. He gently eased himself into her and they began to rock.

They moved together for what felt like an eternity for Buffy, at last she felt her climax approaching but it was like nothing she had ever felt before, the intensity of it made her want to scream, then Spike lowered his mouth to her neck and she felt his fangs pierce the tender flesh there.

It was too much; she gave into it and welcomed the darkness that followed.

And that was how Spike awoke.

With his fangs embedded in the Slayer’s neck, and his cock embedded in her core, shooting his seed into her. Spike tore himself away from the Slayer’s unconscious body and stared in terror at what he had done.

It had been him. All the times he had questioned her. He had been the one hurting her.

All this time.

He had raped her.

Spike grabbed his clothing quickly pulling it on, and then he did the only thing he could do.

He fled.