Chapter 8


NB. You will need to have read the ‘Car trouble’ series to understand the ending of this chapter - KOM



The following Tuesday.


“What are you going to say?” Willow asked when Buffy told her of her decision to quit the salsa dancing course.

“I’ll say………salsa dancing wasn’t me”

“But it was –is – you were very good at it!”

“To tell you the truth Will…I don’t think I could stand another moment of Joachim grabbing me and all his crotch rubbing, never mind his pongy after-shave. Plus well………”

“Well what? – Come on”

“Well I KNOW Spike couldn’t. Stand Joachim pawing me, I mean”

“And speaking of whom, every time I ask you, you change the subject, just what were you all starry-eyed over Saturday night?”

“When?” Buffy feigned ignorance.

“You know very well when, when you bailed on The Grudge, Bring It On, and pizza”

“What were the films like?”

“Well, I don’t really remember, Xander kept on banging away about how much the girl in The Grudge looked like you…I couldn’t see it myself. And then if that wasn’t bad enough, he kept on saying how much the cheer-leader in ‘Bring It On looked like Faith”

They walked into the college gates and Willow went on ahead to her computing class.

Buffy made her way to the enrolment room. She went up to the middle-aged woman wearing glasses, sitting behind the desk.

“Can I help you?”

“Um, I’d like to switch courses please”

“I see, is there any particular reason?”

“Oh…I’ve discovered I’ve got two left feet, salsa dancing isn’t for me”

“Okay then, but I’ll warn you, there aren’t many vacancies left, most classes are fully booked.

“Oh, I was hoping for guitar playing”

“Let me see…………sorry, he has the dozen wanted, plus three already waiting in the wings in case somebody drops out. I can do you………cello playing, or the harp?” The woman looked up expectantly at Buffy, but she quickly shook her head.

“Well, what have you got left then?”

“Let me see…advanced maths?”

“God no!”

“Pure maths?”

“Nuh-uh”

“Binary number maths with computer-“

“A world of no! – No math!”

The woman turned the page.

“Macramé?”

“No thanks…”

“Car maintenance?”

“Really?”

“Yes, Mr Parker has two vacancies”

“Well, he’s just filled one, put me down”

“Very well, your name is?”


***************


Later on that evening……………

Spike was sitting while Buffy paced around him saying,

“And there are NO such thing as grub-nuts! Or loosening the flywheel to stop the sand getting in the filters…and blowing the carbs and camshaft what-sits! I felt a right fool!”

Spike glanced up at her guiltily, but then gave her a grin

“Got us together though, didn’t it pet!”

“What did? – You lying to me?”

“NO – me baffling you with bull-um…did I ever tell you how beautiful you look when you’re angry?”

Buffy tried not to smile, but it was impossible

“I should have nothing more to do with you really!”

“Why not?”

“Oh, because – because!”

“Since you’ve been with me, you’ve-“

“Since I’ve been with you, I’ve learnt to swear like a dock worker, I’ve told lies to the police, broken into and driven away a car from a police pound, nearly got done for public indecency TWICE…”

“But-“

“Don’t interrupt!”

“Sorry, but I was only going to say –“

“I said DON’T interrupt me while I’m in full rant mode!”

Spike looked suitably chastised and sat there while she continued to rant and pace.

“You made me drive away from an accident…fail to stop at the police’s request…made me drive the wrong way down a one way street – “

“You did that, not me, I didn’t tell you to do that!” Spike said indignantly, and Buffy just glared at him.

“Sorry – do continue!”

“And you’ve, you’ve…oooh – my friends now think I’m a sex maniac coz every time they come here we’re at it like rabbits…”

“So? – “

“I said don’t-“

“No, YOU listen now, since you’ve been with me, I’ve shown you what Angel’s REALLY like, won, despite your best efforts to the contrary, money for a hospital scanner, learned that even if it was bullshit, you should take more care when setting out on long journey’s through hostile country,”

Buffy went to open her mouth but Spike continued,

“AND learned that I love you more than any man alive or dead and I would do anything for you and keep you out of harm – and give you the best sex you’ve EVER had, and write you a love song!”

“Ego much?”

“FACT MUCH!” Spike’s glare turned to a grin and Buffy said,

“Yeah…okay then, wanna remind me again just how good you are?”

“Thought you’d never ask………”

*************

“Buffy, it’s only me, I left my –oh!” Seeing a trail of clothing upstairs, Xander didn’t continue, he just went into the lounge and picked up his cell phone.

From upstairs could be heard,

“Oh god………oh god don’t stop, don’t stop, DON’T YOU DARE STOP ……… …… AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Xander left the house frowning, boy, those two, they were ALWAYS at it! And was he jealous…course he was!



THE END