AN-: OK, so I’ve changed the plot here after Pari gave me some advice, and an idea from reciprocity. Its still Die Hard, but more Spuffy now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On the machine floor Spike and Karl moved towards each other, sizing the other up.

“Better this way, isn't it? I mean, any faggot can shoot a gun.”

Karl charged at Spike, and the two men fought brutally, delivering kicks and punches to the others body.

“You should've heard your brother scream when I broke his fucking neck…” Spike taunted as Karl stepped in with a deadly move. Spike twisted free and slammed an elbow into Karl’s kidney who backed off and circled Spike with a new respect, knowing he was facing a worthy enemy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside an FBI chopper, Angel and Wesley were ready with mikes and helmets on. Angel checked the aerial maps while Wesley checked the ammo clips for his sniper scoped assault rifle.

“Stay low. They're expecting transports, not gunships.” Angel advised the pilot.

“What do you figure on breakage?” Wesley asked Angel.

“I figure we take out all the terrorists, and lose 20 percent of the hostages...25, tops.” Angel said casually.

“I can live with those numbers.” Wesley smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the vault Adam and Eddie entered, Buffy being pulled along. Theo and Kristoff looked at her in surprise.

“A little bonus for us. A policeman's wife might come in handy.” Adam smiled and shoved her violently towards Eddie, who held her in a vice grip.

“After all this, all your speeches...you're nothing but a common thief.”

“I'm an exceptional thief, Mrs. McClane. And now that I'm moving up to kidnapping, you should be more polite.”

“Get off me you bastard.” Buffy struggled in his grip, and threw her head back against Eddie’s face, hitting him square on the nose. He let go of her as his hands flew to his nose, and Buffy made a dash for it but her arm was caught in a vice grip and swung around to face Adam.

“I do appreciate violence.”

Adam sneered at her before bringing his hand hard across her face and sending her into unconsciousness. She threw her limp body towards Eddie who caught her.

“Take her somewhere and keep an eye on her. If she tries to escape again once she wakes…shoot her.” Eddie Picked her up and walked off.

Adam picked up a CB and spoke into it. “McClane! McClane! I have some news for you...McClane?”

Unknown to him, Spike’s CB had been rendered useless when Karl had smashed it, and now they were both fighting each other brutally, blood smeared over both of them.


Adam switched to another channel, “Karl? Karl?”

But he heard nothing. “Hurry.” He instructed Theo.


Up on the roof, Uli herded the last of the hostages out, shoving them onto the roof. The hostages could see the helicopters coming towards them, and cheered that the nightmare was almost over. Uli smiled, knowing full well what the helicopters were there for, and moved towards the door.

Down below, Karl drove Spike back with a sweeping head kick, and followed with another one, and added a punch to the mix. Spike fell backwards and drove his legs upwards, propelling Karl into the air, were he became entangled in a loop of chain hanging over a turbine.

Spike jumped to his feet, and yanked the other end of the chain. Karl was jerked upwards by the neck. He twitched as his face started to turn blue, desperate for oxygen.
Spike twisted the chain around a pipe as Karl’s body hung limp. He grabbed his Baretta from the floor and ran from the room.


Outside, Uli noticed a door rattling. He went towards it unaware of Spike’s presence behind it. Spike shot two bullets though the door and the cut through Uli’s body. Spike ran through the door and over Uli’s body, snatching up his machine gun on the way.

As the hostages screamed, Spike spotted Willow through the crowd. She turned and saw him and ran towards him. She embraced him.

“Oh my god Spike, I can’t believe your still alive.”

Spike wrapped his gun free hand around her.

“Where’s Buffy?“ He asked her.

“They took her … after they saw the kids on television…” Willow cried.

“What? God…” Spike groaned. ‘Shit, they know who she is’

He looked off to the choppers and remembered what he had seen before Karl had attacked him, and his blood ran cold.

“Listen to me Willow. You have to get downstairs.”

“What! Why? We’re about to be rescued…”

“This whole roof is rigged with explosives…now please get outta here.” She looked him in the eyes and saw exhaustion, guilt, grievance and fear.

“She’s still alive, you’d know if she wasn’t” She told him, before hugging him once more and running as fast as her baby laden body would let her, to the stairwell, pulling other hostages along with her.

“Listen to me! All of you, get down to the lower floors … you're all in danger.” Spike bellowed.

A male hostage looked at him in confusion. “What are you, crazy? We're being rescued! Those helicopters …”

“… there won't be shit for those helicopters to land on, because the whole top of this building is wired with explosives! Now get below…”

“But...we're safe up here…”

“Safe, my ass! This ain't a helipad, it's a launching pad!”


“GET BELOW! NOW!” Spike raised his gun, and started firing above the hostages heads. If he couldn’t tell them to leave, he could try and scare them into getting their asses to safety. They all screamed and ran to the door.

“Thank the bloody hell” He muttered and continued firing into the air to get the hostages to flee to actual safety. However he was unaware at what his good intentions looked like to the approaching FBI helicopters.

“Flight leader, this is Wing. I think they're on to us. One of the terrorists is firing on the hostages.”

“Roger, Wing. We copy.“ Wesley spoke into his mike. “Swing around. Give me a clear shot.” He told the pilot.


Spike herded the last of the hostages inside, then started for the door himself, when a roar of rotors belonging to the lead chopper zoomed overhead. Spike threw himself down on the ground, and looked up as the chopper banked in a tight turn and then from the open side gunfire erupted. Spike dove out of the way of the bullets as Angel and Wesley fired upon him.

“What the Fuck” Spike cried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Blow the roof. Now!” Adam told Kristoff.

“But Karl and Uli are up there…” Kristoff informed him desperately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Up on the roof Spike avoided another round of bullets.

“You assholes, I'm on your side…!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adam picked up the remote…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They turned and came in for another pass. Desperate, Spike looked around, and saw a fire hose. His brain screamed ‘NO’ but he ignored it and ran towards it. He quickly unravelled about 3 yards worth of hose, loped it around his back and under his legs and tied it. He looked over the edge and hesitated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extended the Antenna…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Fuck this” he muttered as he saw just how high he really was, but as bullets churned the concrete below him he jumped… as the helipad exploded sending a fireball into the sky.

Wesley and Angel’s chopper strained to avoid the rising fireball but it was too late and it was caught in the fire. It tipped and crashed down the side of the building, a rotor hitting the roof.
Dangling against the side of the building, Spike ducked and winced as debris rained down around him.

On the roof, the hose wheel was engulfed by flames. It jerked on its foundations and pivoted 180 degrees causing Spike to drop several more feet, and his heart rate soared. He swallowed, then kicked against the side of the building, but the shatterproof glass didn’t budge. Spike pulled the machine gun around from his back, kicked off from the building and fired at the glass as he sailed back.
The glass smashed as Spike crashed into the building, ploughing through furniture.

Finally he stopped and he rolled over onto his back, panting with relief. He rose to one knee and was suddenly yanked off his feet as the hose reel sailed past the window, and he was dragged towards the edge.

Spike clawed at the floor as he reached the sill he braced his legs against the sill, fighting the weight of the hose and reel. His foot slipped, but he was surprised to find that his wounded foot was the one keeping him indoors. He scrambled to get free of his improvised rig and he pulled the knot apart and fell backwards just before the hose nozzle crashed out into the great beyond!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike lay on his back, adrenaline pumping through his veins, one arm thrown across his face, catching his breath when he heard an elevator ding behind him. He pulled his exhausted body off of the floor and rushed to hide behind an overturned desk.

The elevator doors opened and he listened for any sort of clue as to who had come through it. He was just about to jump up and shoot, when he heard something that made his heart stop…

“Get your hands off me you fucking asshole”

Spike wasn’t sure if his mid was playing some fucked up trick on him or whether Buffy was really out there. He peered out from behind his cover spot and when he saw his beautiful Buffy was really there he used the furniture he had overturned in his dramatic entrance for cover to get closer.

“Adam told me to keep you alive unless you tried to escape, but if you keep shooting your mouth off like that I may shoot you and tell him that you tried to escape. It would give me…” But before he could finish a bullet exploded through the side of his head and he dropped to the floor, blood pooling out of his head.

Buffy turned around trying to locate the source of the shot. A darkened figure made its way towards her from the shadows and as it came into the dim light provided by the moon outside her heart stopped for a few beats. Her Spike was there, his barretta in his hand. She suddenly remembered what her legs were for and she ran towards him.

His golden goddess collided with him and leapt into his arms, and Spike wrapped his arms around her tightly, afraid that if he let her go she wouldn’t really be here. “Spike” she whimpered into his neck as the tears overwhelmed her, and he sunk to the ground and wept with joy at finding her again. “Oh god Buffy, I thought I’d never see you again.” Spike whispered and pulled back, and ran his hand through her hair, pushing it behind her ear. She pulled him towards her and her lips crashed onto his. They kissed with such passion and vigour, their lips tasting each other again, after what had seemed like an eternity of hell apart. They remained like that for several minutes until Spike pulled back from the kiss and placed delicate kisses all over her face. “I’m never leaving you again baby. Never.” He told her.
“Promise?” She whispered.
“Promise.” He replied.

Buffy suddenly took in his appearance. “Oh god” she gasped. He was stained with blood, oil, dirt and sweat. He was bruised and had blood seeping from several body wounds, gun inflicted and otherwise.

“What happened to you?” She whispered.

“I’ve been to hell, and let me tell you…it ain’t a place I’m planning on spending my next vacation.”

Buffy giggled through her tears. “God, I never thought I’d hear you laugh again.” Spike gasped as he kissed her again. “We’ve got to get you out of here.”

Spike stood up and hobbled over to Eddie’s body and picked up his hand gun, handing it to Buffy. She checked the magazine before replacing it.

Spike looked at her, impressed.

“What? You think I didn’t pay attention in those shooting lessons you gave me?”

“Well, we didn’t get far.” He grinned.

“And whose fault is that? You’re the one who after just half an hour grabbed me and had his wicked way with me in the back of his car!” Buffy smirked.

“Yeah, well the way you held that gun was so hot.” He smiled at her. “When we get outta here remind me to give you some more lessons.” He winked and pulled her towards the stairwell.

Spike paused before the door, and held a finger to his lips. Buffy stayed behind and Spike opened the door and kept one hand on his gun and the other on Buffy’s arm, keeping her behind him. They ascended the stairs and came out onto the vault floor. Spike could hear Adam talking to one of the other terrorists in the Vault room. He pulled Buffy back into the stairwell.

“Listen baby. I need you to stay right here OK?”

“What! Don’t be stupid, you’re going out there alone!”

“I have to, and I’m not gonna out you in any danger again, now stay here, please…” Spike begged her, and placed his hands on the side of her face. “Please baby…” Spike whispered, leaning down to kiss her softly. “Please…” He whispered against her lips.

“Ok.” She moaned back.

“I love you.” He whispered. “I love you.“ She told him, and he was just about to leave when Buffy pulled him back for a deeper kiss. “Come back for me.” She half begged, half whispered. “I will.” He promised her.

Spike checked the weapon he took from Uli, and saw that he had only one bullet left.

“Shit…” he muttered from under his breath.

He checked his baretta and saw he had one bullet. Desperate he took the bullet from the rifle clip and added it to the Baretta clip. He slammed the pistol clip back, really worried. He stalked back to the stairwell and opened it to ask Buffy how many bullets she had left when he almost had a heart attack. She was nowhere to be seen.

He spun round and slipped into the room and heard Buffy whimper. “Look what in found cowering in the stairwell on my way up from the truck…” Theo smiled and threw Buffy at Adam. “..with this,” Theo threw the machine gun onto the table top.

Spike wanted to scream, he thought he had left Buffy safe, but instead she had been taken again. Mind racing, he looked all around the room...his eyes fell on a tape dispenser. He thought again and stepped towards it.

“Where were you off to with this?“ Adam leered. “I can’t believe you took on Eddie all by yourself. I’m guessing that cowboy bastard of a husband did the dirty work for you. Oh well, not to worry, I’m sure I can find uses for you later.” He grinned, running a hand over Buffy’s face and to her lips, where Buffy opened her mouth and bit him hard. Adam pulled back furious and slapped her hard, but not enough to knock her out again. “Let's move.”

“No, get off me!” Buffy cried.

Adam hung on to Buffy while the last of the money was piled into carts. Kristoff pushed the mail cart of moneybags out of the room as Theo went to the door to scope their escape, when suddenly he was cold cocked by a rifle butt.

Spike stepped into view in the doorway, backlit by sparks still tumbling down from the roof above. He held the machine gun ready.

“Adam!” Spike yelled.

Adam turned, not that surprised. Grinning, he yanked Buffy into view. No words needed to be said.

“Spike!”

“So that's what it was. A fucking robbery. So why nuke the building, Adam?”

With a shrug he replied “When you steal six hundred dollars, you can disappear...but when you steal six hundred million, they will find you...unless you play dead.” A tight smile fell across his features.
“Which happens to be your next role...drop your gun, please.”

Spike hesitated, but Adam pushed the gun against Buffy again, and she whimpered in pain. Kristoff quickly raised his weapon.

“Nein, dies ein ist mein.” Adam yelled to him.

“This time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly. “Adam grinned at Spike.

“That was Gary Cooper, shithead…” Spike muttered.

“No more jokes, drop it or she gets it between the eyes!” Adam said, suddenly serious.

“Whoa, Adam, now you're the cowboy?” Spike said, his arms now crossed behind his head as if being arrested.

“'Yippe-ki-yea, mother fucker'? Now you are fucked.”

Adam took aim at Spike, who cried “Buffy, now...!”

Instantly, Buffy sidestepped, jabbing her elbow into Adam’s face! Spike grabbed his Baretta from its hiding place taped to the back of his neck and shot Adam high in the chest. The bullet went through him and shattered the window behind him. Without pausing to so much as blink, Spike spun around and shot Kristoff between the eyes.


Adam dropped his weapon, and staggered back, looking down at his own blood in shock.

“I think its fair to say schools out for bloody summer!” Spike smiled as Adam stood there in disbelief, slowly falling against the window sill. He started to topple, and then grit his teeth, and from some inward place found a last reserve of strength and grabbed Buffy’s wrist. She was yanked off her feet and pulled with Adam as he toppled out of the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dum, Dum, duuuuuuu. Well, if you’ve seen the movie you know what happens… or do you…could I have been evil and added a twist?????
You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out, or if I’m feeling nice or get some reviews, I may update tonight : )