~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike saw this and his entire body lurched forwards and he leapt forwards, catching her inside arm near the elbow at the last second.He hung halfway out of the window, jagged glass raking his face, straining to hold onto Buffy as Adam dragged her out!

Spike braced himself against the window frame and strained to pull Buffy closer. With a moan, she caught the windowsill with her inside hand, as Spike stretched with his other hand, and inched towards Buffy’s wristband.Adam had a death grip on the watchband and he strained to bring up the gun he was still holding with his other hand. Buffy saw this and screamed. Spike looked up and his eyes locked with Adam’s as he started to pull the trigger, Spike released the latch on the watchband, and it snapped.

Adam’s face was a mix of horror and revulsion as he felt himself fall, and he screamed until the ground met him and he met a his death.Spike pulled Buffy back in the room with all his strength and held her.“It's okay, love. It's okay.”Buffy kissed him hard as Spike stood, with her wrapped around him.“Let’s go home.” He smiled at her, and set her down and they walked out of the room, stepping over Theo.

As he was about to leave he thought he heard a squeaky pop, and he felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder, followed by icy coldness seeping through his upper body. Spike fell to the floor and clutched his shoulder, blood seeping out from between his fingers. He lifted his hand looked at his shoulder and saw blood trickling from a hole about the size of a two pence piece.

Buffy, not knowing what the sound was looked to Spike for an explanation. When she felt Spike’s grip loosen and saw him fall, she sunk to the floor with him. When Spike lifted his hand she saw the gunshot wound.“God NO! Spike…” Buffy moaned and spun her head round to see Theo standing with a silencer gun aimed at Buffy.“Now its your turn.” He sneered and Buffy winced as he pulled the trigger… but nothing happened.

Looking up to see Theo pulling the trigger again but no shot being fired. Buffy leapt from her position on the floor and kicked the gun out of Theo’s hands, ready to put the training Spike had given her to good use. She followed with a round house kick to his gut, and was just about to follow with a punch when Theo faced her just in time to block a backhand. He swung her around into a wall, but she put her weight on his arm and leapt up, pinning her feet on the wall, turning round and pushing off, sending Theo backwards. Trying to recover, Theo raised a knee to stop Buffy's mid-level round kick, then grabbed her by the shoulders. They struggled with each other, both of them slamming into the closed door to the stairwell then rebounding across the hall falling into the stairwell where they took an unpleasant slide headfirst down the stairs. Theo landed first, Buffy second, using his body as a cushion for his impact. Theo’s head hit the concrete with a sickening crack, and blood started to pool around his head. Buffy pushed herself up slowly, and checked for a pulse, but found none. She collapsed on the corpse, then shot up like a bullet out of a gun, and ran up the stairs onto the vault floor.

“Spike…” she gasped as she ran and skidded to the floor and stopped at his overturned body. “Spike baby, come on…” She whimpered, tears falling from her eyes. “Please, its all over now…I need you…please god don’t take him away from me.”As if her prayers were answered, Spike’s eyes opened, and he gritted his teeth against the pain.“I promised I wasn’t going anywhere.” He managed to smile slightly. Buffy laughed, through her tears and helped him sit up. She ripped the bottom half of her shirt off and pressed it to his shoulder.“Where is he…”“Who they guy who shot you?” At his nod Buffy smiled at him. “I kicked his ass.”Spike looked at her and saw she had a bleeding lip and cut over her left eyebrow. “Your hurt…” Spike whispered.“Oh this, just a scratch, hey now we’ve got matching war wounds, old and new.” She smiled. “Do you think you can walk?” She asked.Spike placed his good arm on the floor and pushed himself up. Buffy put his good arm across her shoulders so he could lean on her for support.“Come on. Let’s really get out of here.” Spike smiled and they left the floor via the stairwell, stepping over Theo’s lifeless body, Spike smiling at Buffy’s handiwork. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outside a crowd watched as the front doors of the building opened. Spike and Buffy held each other up and Spike in turn was held up by SWAT men. As reporters started shouting questions, Spike broke free of his entourage, and holding Buffy pushed into the crowd.“Xander? Xander, you here… ?The crowd ebbed and surged until suddenly, Xander was standing there. Spike knew it was him, even without any words being exchanged. They stared at each other, ten feet apart, and then grinning, extending their hands, Spike pulled him towards him and they embraced each other, Spike ignoring the pain in his shoulder, which had been bandaged simply by one of the SWAT men who found them descending the building.

“Xander. Mate, you were my rock. I couldn't have made it without you.”“Bullshit.” Xander smiled.“I'm serious. Hey, this is my wife... Buffy Summers.“Buffy McClane.” Buffy corrected, taking his hand and planting a kiss on his cheek.Hearing this Spike smiled and pulled her closer.“A pleasure. I guess Spike doesn't need me to give you that message anymore.” Xander grinned.“Message?” Buffy asked puzzled, as Spike began to make silent "ixney" gestures in Xander's direction.“You know, about him being such a jerk …and how he's really sor…ee...Uh, I'm sure he'll fill you in.”

Just then Giles barged forward.“I want you for debrief, McClane. You've got some things to answer for Parker’s murder… property damage … interfering with police business…”

A scream caused Spike to turn, and in the doorway he saw…Karl, clothing and body scorched. Easily as crusted in dirt and blood as Spike, he held his machine gun high.As the crowd panicked trying to escape, Karl locked eyes with Spike and levelled his gun. Spike threw Buffy to the ground and grabbed the dumbstruck Giles’ sidearm.

But he didn’t get off a shot … a lone gunshot stopped Karl, knocking him back through the doorway. Spike looked back to see Xander still sighting down the barrel of his .38. His hand was rock steady. On Spike’s look, Xander shrugged, “You were right. You couldn't have made it without me.”

They smiled, then suddenly squinted as Riley Finn pushed his way forwards, mike extended like a weapon. “Mr. McClane...Mrs. McClane...any comment on your incredible ordeal? What are your feelings now that it's all over?”Without a beat, Buffy punched him square in the mouth. He fell, dropping the mike with an electronic squeal. Spike chuckled, and held his wife closer, planting a kiss on the top of her head. Behind them, Riley sat on the ground, nursing his lip and turned to his cameraman.“Did you get that?” he asked eagerly.

Spike and Buffy continued on, and he saw Robin’s limo, the said driver standing by the door. Both of them got in and Robin shut the door, and crossed to the drivers door. “If this is their idea of Christmas I gotta be there for New Year's.”

Spike pulled Buffy close and they shared an intimate kiss as Robin shouted through the inner window,“I think we should get you to the hospital.” “Yeah, probably a good idea.” Spike grinned against Buffy’s lips. “Can I…” Spike asked, picking up the phone. “Of course man!”

Buffy took the phone from him, “I’ll phone…you rest.” She told him and pushed him so he was lying horizontal on the seat. She sat with his head resting on her lap and dialled her home.

“Hello?” Glory’s voice came down the line.

“Glory, its me.”

“Oh Mrs Buffy, thank god! I was so scared about you and Mr Spike.”

“We’re both fine Glory. Both of us, but we’re on our way to the hospital, could you bring the kids there?”

“Of course Mrs Buffy, we’ll leave right away.”

“Are the kids…”

“Asleep on the sofa. They were exhausted. Do you want me to get them for you now…”

“No Glory, just bring them to the hospital. See if you can carry them into the car so they can sleep a little while longer.”

“Yes Mrs Buffy. I am so glad you are both alive.”

“Me too Glory, me too.” She smiled as she placed the phone back on the receiver, and looked down at Spike, for whom exhaustion had overtook, and he was sleeping lightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for your reviews guys, i got one more chapter left. This one's dedicated to Jcmb12454, jenny, dreamgirl4eva and jess. And sorry if the lay out is screwed up. I wrote this on a different programme, not knowing it was a trial programme, and the trial expired so i had to copy nd paste it into a much crappier version, which really vuggered up the lay out. sorry guys.