Title: Meant To Be
Part: 12/?

Angel raced down the streets. He could smell Drusilla's scent and was using that as his guide. But, the loon had obviously anticipated this as there seemed to be several different paths her scent trailed to.

She was so dangerous. He'd almost forgotten that in the past few months. She'd been weak, but, he'd made her better. Any deaths she caused... they would be all his fault. They would all weigh on his soul and conscience.

He froze when he remembered his own words to her when she'd told him he still loved Buffy. "Yes, I think about Buffy, but, only like you do of Spike."

In all honesty... he still loved Buffy. Which meant... did it mean she still loved Spike? Would she go after Buffy? Would she try and hurt her?

Then again, maybe if Drusilla was willing to take Spike back, he'd go with her and they'd either leave or Buffy would kill them. Then he could have Buffy again.

Even if she had been dirtied and tainted by Spike's touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy gasped into Spike's mouth as her hips rocked against his. "I need you." She whimpered.

"Luv, I'm trying to drive here. I may not die if I crash 'cause of what you're doing, but, you might." He groaned, pushing her off his lap with one hand.

Buffy pouted, snuggling up against him. "Where are you taking me?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?" His eyes crossed as she slid her hand down the waist of his new black pants.

"Fine, fine." She sighed heavily, brushing her breasts against his arm. "Don't tell me. See if I care."

"Luv... stop..." He begged as he swerved in and out of different lanes. Lucky for them, the roads were practically deserted at 8pm. Thank god this was the Hellmouth.

"Stop what?" She asked demurely, her fingers rubbing the pre-cum that had been coming out of the head of Spike's erection all over the length.

"You bloody well know what! And if you don't stop I'm gonna..."

"Ravage me?" She offered, her face still a mask of innocence.

Spike looked over at her and chuckled, pulling the car off the road. He slid it into park and pounced on her. Buffy giggled as he rained kisses all over her face and neck. All the while, he quickly undid his belt and shoved his pants down his hips. He shoved Buffy's pretty new dress up. "Please be careful... I don't wanna ruin this dress." She panted as he gave her panties a tug and ripped them from her. "Spike!"

"What? You said be careful with the dress." He grinned devilishly. Buffy was about to say something when he slid into her.

Her angry retort was turned into a mewling sound. He thrust into her roughly. His arms shaking with the effort to hold himself up. One of Buffy's hands clutched at the headrest of her seat... the other held Spike's head to hers. Their mouths were crushed together as Spike slowed his thrusts down just a bit. He was in no hurry. His well laid out plans had room for... things on the side that may come up.

What he was doing to her, what she was doing to him, at the moment was one of those things. In fact, with Buffy's extended curfew and his simple, yet sweet and elegant plans, there was plenty of room for... things.

"You're mine, Buffy." He grunted, sliding in and out of her warm tight channel.

"Possessive, much?" She meant to sound angry, but, it came out as a squeak.

"Very much. I'd kill anyone who tried to take you away from me..." His slow thrusts becoming painful for both of them. Her inner walls squeezing him tightly at every movement. "I love you so bloody much."

"I love you too." She said, throwing her arms around his shoulders.

Spike lost control as he pumped in and out of her. Buffy kept her eyes focused on his face. His chiseled face was always so expressive. She didn't understand how Giles could say that vampires couldn't feel anything but the desire to kill. She could see all of the love Spike had for her each time he thrust into her, his eyes fixed on her. Every time he spoke to her... every time he touched her. He didn't even have to say it. She just knew.

"I love you." He gasped, pressing his forehead to hers. Of course, he didn't have to say it... but, when he did, she heard his voice shake with emotion. Emotion he tried to pour into the words... though they did what he really felt no justice.

"Love you, too." Spike came deep inside her when she said that. Buffy followed seconds later, crying out her release.

Spike lay heavily atop her. He wrapped his arms around her back, holding her tightly to him. Buffy could scarcely breath, but, she didn't want to say anything. She loved being in his arms. Nothing could go wrong there.

What a great birthday this would be. Despite what had happened earlier, it'd be the best ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drusilla waltzed into The Bronze without any problems. Her few minions quickly took out those of Spike's who'd tried to stop her. It angered her a bit because she sired most of them. Didn't that make for any sense of loyalty in them?

As she entered the back-room of the Bronze, where Spike had reserved for Buffy's birthday, she and her minions were greeted with over twenty-five of Spike's getting things ready for their Master's arrival.

She saw Dalton talking animatedly on a phone. She knew instantly that he was talking about her. Was it Spike on the other end? He glanced at her nervously.

Dalton was always more loyal to Spike than to her. They were kindred. Both having been sad excuses for men when they were alive. Only, where Spike had changed; Dalton stayed pretty much the same.

She'd known he was destined for the same sad life of servitude he always had the day he was brought in by one of Angelus' minions. Angel had wanted Dalton to practice different torture techniques, but Spike had rescued him.

Her noble Spike. No. Drusilla shook her head to clear it of the visions she started having of him and Buffy entwined. Not her Spike anymore.

But, he would be again. All she had to do was make the Slayer push him away. Then she'd be there to help him pick of the pieces. She'd done it before. She would do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"More presents?" Buffy's eyes widened, a happy smile formed over her beautiful, full lips.

"'Course." He dropped the cigarette he'd been puffing on to the ground and walked back over to car. She was perched on the hood of it, examining the wrapped box on her lap. He placed his hands on her knees to spread them so that he could stand between her legs.

"But you already got me..."

"Will you open it already?" He asked impatiently.

Buffy grinned before ripping the silvery paper off the box. She yanked out tissue paper impatiently before grabbing Spike's journal out of it. "I remember this." She said with a slight blush. It was where she'd first declared her love for him.

"I've written in it since that first night. S'all stuff 'bout you."

Buffy leaned forward, pulling him into a hug with one arm. She clutched the journal tightly with her other. "Thank you."

Spike pulled her off the car, holding her hand as he led her to the passenger side door. "C'mon, Pet. We've still got lots to do tonight." Ever the gallant little poofter he was, he opened the door for her and helped her in.

Buffy pulled her seat belt on before leafing through the pages of the journal. Spike had worried that she'd think him a complete and utter git when he'd debated giving it to her... but, the red on her cheeks and the tiny smile on her lips let him know that she really liked his bloody awful poetry.