Title: Meant To Be
Part: 3a/18

Buffy had rushed out of the computer room, face flushing, after getting a call on her new cell phone. The only people who had her number, aside from her mother, were the people at the school... save Angel of course.

How Spike had gotten the number was beyond her. Not that she minded.

She'd wanted to talk to Angel. To make sure he knew she didn't care that he was banging that vamp ho. Not in the least. But, that could wait.

The thing that'd been heavy on her, really and truly, was the bleached blonde vampire. Her thoughts, awake and asleep, were filled with him. On patrol, which had become a bore after a sudden vamp and demon drought, she often thought she saw him... but on second glance nothing would be there.

The coat he'd left at her house became a fixture of her in that week. Nobody recognized the coat as his. Thank goodness the Hellmouth tendency for denial ran deep, even among those who knew what Sunnydale really was. Only Cordelia had questioned her about it... in the name of fashion.

It smelled of him. It gave her a sense of comfort to wrap around her when she felt alone.

She rounded a corner of the building, looking for him. All he'd said was for her to go outside.

She jumped when an arm wrapped around her middle, a cool hand covering her mouth, preventing a shriek of surprise from escaping her lips. Spike pressed his lips to her neck in a light kiss.

Buffy felt a jolt of excitement and desire go through her instead of the fear she knew she should feel. He could kill her so easily.

But, she'd missed him so badly.

A muffled whimper escaped her as she pressed her body against his. "Miss me, Pet?" His voice deep and seductive. Buffy nodded her head vigorously. "Can't get you off my mind, Slayer. It's driving me insane." His grip on her tightened, making it difficult for her to breathe.

"I should just kill you." She jerked at the word "kill", but he held fast. "Maybe I could have some peace from you then. It's absurd felling this way. I never felt like this about anyone. Not even when I was alive. I could kill you and be free of you." He rubbed his cheek against hers. Buffy's eyelids fluttered open and shut. She was excited and scared at the same time. His grip around her waist loosened a bit.

"But then I think of you dead. Lying in some sodding coffin... those eyes of yours never sparkling again... skin cold... it makes me..." He half sighed, half growled.

"You see the problem here, Luv? I'm supposed to revel in the thought of you dead, not hate it!" He let her go, pacing a few feet in front of her.

Buffy turned to face him. Heart racing more than it already was. He was so... magnificent. Wearing a tight tee-shirt, black leather pants. Dark roots peaking out from underneath near white, un-gelled locks.

"You wouldn't, would you?" Looking like a fragile little girl, hugging his coat around her, she asked him the one thing he'd really rather die again than admit.

"No." But, he couldn't lie... and he couldn't not tell her. Sweet, beautiful, little Slayer. One night in the sack with her had ruined him. Pussy-whipped like he'd never been pussy-whipped before. And, she'd demanded nothing of him!

He could only imagine how quickly he'd ask "how high" if she commanded "jump". It almost made him mad. It had as he'd moved himself and his minions into a house just outside Sunnydale. It really pissed him off as he forbade feeding off humans... especially at the dough he was tossing out to pay for butchers blood enough for a little under seventy vampires.

Except, when he'd decided, "sod it all", and was ready to go back to his old ways... he'd think of her. Crying. Angry. Accusing. Stake in hand, ready to do her sacred duty and kill him.

The minions were all pretty accepting about it. The ones who weren't got killed. He'd even had a few patrol early each night. Before Buffy generally patrolled.

Spike looked down at Buffy's hand on his arm. Her head bowed, eyes cast up at him. She looked so trusting of him.

He took her hand in his, kissing it gently, before pulling her into his arms.

As soon as their lips met, their hands were everywhere. Reacquainting themselves with what they'd been longing for.

It wasn't very long before their petting and kisses grew serious. They knew they were outside the school and could be caught by a slew of people who hated and wanted him dead, but they couldn't seem to stop themselves.

The only thing that got Spike to stop was seeing Angel exit the school. He pulled away from Buffy, grabbing her hand. She was about to complain about the lack of contact when she caught of glimpse of Angel as Spike pulled her around the corner.

Angel didn't seem to take notice of them as he marched away from the school.

Spike shut his eyes in relief, only to open them at the sound of Buffy's giggling. "What's so funny?"

"This. Hiding to keep from getting caught. It's kinda... exciting." She beamed.

"Yeah. I supposed it could be." He grinned. "If the thing you might get caught doing is worth it." With that he tossed her over his shoulder, marching for his car.

"Put me down!" She cried, her heart not in it, though.

"I will, Sweetheart." He ran is hand up and down her leg.

"Spike!" She squirmed in his grasp. His hand reached between her legs and she stilled.

"Don't suppose your mum isn't at home?"

"No. She is." She whimpered, trying to push her body down to increase the pressure of his hand.

"Too bad." He set her on her feet to open the car door. "Guess we'll have to make do." He pushed her down onto the back seat.

"Here?" She moved so she was all the way in. He climbed in atop her, shutting the door behind him.

"Yeah. Here." He slipped his shirt off and undid his pants. When he realized she was still, he frowned and questioned her. "What's wrong, Luv?"

"Back seat of a car? How cliché."

Spike groaned. This was just supposed to be a get her alone, bang her, then be on his merry way... but no. "Difficult woman."

"And it kinda smells." She added, biting back a smile.

"Well, we could go back to my place, Pet. But, my minions live there too. Unless you don't mind them knowing you spread those pretty thighs of yours for me."

A look of deep hurt crossed her face. She looked away from him. That's all it was. She'd had pretty pipe dreams during the past week that it'd been... could be something more, despite what she'd told herself.

"I should go home. My mom might call Giles and find out I'm not there." She said.

"Buffy." He took her hand in his. Okay, that hadn't been the most gentlemanly thing he could have said... but it was the truth. "Look... how 'bout we go somewhere. The movies? The Pa-" He was going to say park, but that held memories, that despite his feelings for this teenager, still smarted. "The beach? We don't have to shag or anything." He wanted to kick himself. Damn it! That was all he'd wanted. Now he was stuck taking her out. On a date? Funny, it didn't seem like such an awful thing.

"I wouldn't want to put you out like that. I guess we could just fuck here." She snapped.

"Bloody Hell!" He glowered down at her. Tears clung to her thick lashes. "What do you want from me?" He sunk down into the seat.

"What do you want from me, Spike? You sought me out. Found out my UNLISTED number only god knows how. Your coat, is that what you want? But, you felt so sorry for me because I started feeling something besides disgust and hate towards you... so you thought you'd be kind and toss some pity sex my way?" She slid off the leather coat, tossing it in his face. "Well, there it is. Leave me alone now, Spike." She made a move for the door, but Spike pounced on her. He pinned her to the seat cushions with one hand.

"You didn't hear a sodding word I said earlier, did you? I can't! Believe me, I want to! You're all in here!" He clutched his chest, with his free hand for emphasis. "I can't get you out! You leave me alone, Buffy. Get out of my head... stop making me do things I would never do, and I'll leave you be. If you think your the only one here having feelings far from hate and disgust, well, then you're more insane than Dru ever was."

"I hate this." She said after a while. It had been dead silent. Only her shaky breaths were heard. "I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to be angry at you. But, I don't wanna be worrying all the time why you're doing this."

"Same reason you are, Pet." He pressed his forehead to hers. "We can't help it. One of those things whoever's in charge of everything on this earth's gotta be laughing their asses off about. Slayer and Slayer of Slayers wanting each other... getting the warm fuzzies and what-all." He smiled a bit when she did.

"Warm fuzzies?"

"You tell anyone, I'll have to kill you."

Buffy zipped her lips. "They won't get it out of me. Heaven forbid the Big Bad's rep be ruined." Spike finally moved off Buffy, helping her sit. "Spike?"

"Yeah?"

"The beach sounded nice. Going there, I mean."

"C'mon, then, Ducks."

"You know how annoying that is? All the different pet names?"

"Haven't a clue." He grinned, starting to climb up to the drivers side, but stopped. "Want to drive?"

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Must be. You must know how to."

"I've read the books." At his look she laughed. "All right... I looked at the pictures. But, as for actually driving... my mom would die before she let me behind the wheel."

"Well, that's not a problem here. I'm already dead."