Chapter 7

“So kitten…want to go for dinner?”

“Can we meet now, for a coffee or something?” Buffy asked

“Sure…come to the hotel, I’ll send a car for you” William said. Buffy ended the call, and couldn’t stop smiling.

Buffy’s eyes went huge when she saw the suite he’d got.

“So?” William asked, he was practically holding his breath.

“It’s all over…everything’s cancelled, I’ve finished it with Angel, I’m not marrying him” Buffy said, smiling, William exhaled and pulled her into his arms, to which she went to willingly.

“Was he very upset? Stupid question, I’m sorry, I-“

“Actually…I found out he’d been cheating on me”

“WHAT? Well, that confirms it then”

“What’s that then?” Buffy asked smiling, William sat down.
“He isn’t worthy of you, and he MUST be TOTALLY CRAZY!”

“You gave me the courage”

“No kitten, you did it on your own” Buffy looked around

“All this eh…you must be doing well”

“Well, what can I tell you…thanks to the great American schooling I got in computing, I was streets ahead of my peers at school in England, and I made my first million on my eighteenth birthday…seven months later, I sold my first dot com company, for a very handsome profit, started another one, sold that, another big profit…and now I’m into investment banking and property”

Buffy felt overwhelmed. And here was she, working in a burger bar…

“So, what have you been doing with yourself?”

“Not as good as you…that’s for sure…I’m too ashamed to say” Buffy looked nervously at her hands until William gently lifted her face to look at him.

“Don’t be kitten…nothing you ever did or do would make me think bad of you” he dared to stroke her cheek.
She closed her eyes an nuzzled into his touch.

“Double Meat Palace”

“Really? Hey, I love their double meat patties…better than MacDonald’s any day!” She slid down, and rested her head on his shoulder, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

He put his arm around her.

“You um…you don’t have a girlfriend?”
“No…I tried, but…well…there was this one girl see, and she just ruined me and try as I might, I hold her as a yardstick to all the girls and, well, they just never measure up to her – don’t even come close.”

“Oh. Is she English?”
William chuckled.

“No, silly kitten, it’s you” Buffy sat up, huge eyed

“ME?”

“Yes…gods, when I saw you on Tuesday…all the feelings, all the love I’ve held for you came flooding back…I’m sorry, you’re just trying to get over one relationship, you don’t want to listen to-“

Buffy silenced him with a kiss. Spike pulled her close, deepening the kiss, a kiss full of want, and passion and feeling that left her breathless!

“Oh god Buffy!”
“Will, I never stopped loving you either…I’d hear a song, or see a photo…you were always in the back of my mind”

“Tell me love…do you think, well could there be a future for us, do you think?” William searched her face.

“Oh, Yes! Please?” Buffy whispered, they both broke into grins and started to kiss each other again.


“You need a holiday,” William said, as they lay in each other’s arms. Buffy looked at him and smiled

“What’s one of those?”

“Hold on” William sat up, and took a brochure out of his nightstand draw.

“Fancy a cruise on that?” Buffy looked huge eyed and mouth agape at an eighty-foot Yacht of pure floating luxury.

“Oh my gods…but I could never afford to…and you shouldn’t have to pay for me, and-

“Babe…”

“Hmm?”

“It wouldn’t cost me anything”

“How come?”

“It’s already mine!” Will said, grinning

“It’s already…… oh my gods!”

“And um…what do you think of here?” He showed her picture of paradise. A white sandy beach, with a couple of palm trees, and water and sky so clear and blue.

“The boat has a glass bottom at the stern end, and you can see all the tropical fish, and the coral, it’s just amazing, and scuba diving is wonderful, the water is clear, and warm, you’d love it…let me show it to you…please?”

Buffy put her hand over her mouth, tears sprang to her eyes and she nodded.

“Great!” he cuddled her up.

“I’ve only just acquired it, haven’t been there myself yet, but Rafiq assures me, the one I’ve bought is just like this” Buffy went round eyed

“You own that island? Whose Rafiq?”

“He’s the guy that crews the boat for me…his wife Milly is a fantastic cook, and yes, I own that island…it’s called Baku, which means Beautiful…just like you”

Buffy smiled and gave him a light kiss.

“But how will we get to the boat?”
“Well, Rafiq’s family are nothing if not resourceful…his brother, Omar is a pilot, we’ll go in the Lear”

“Don’t tell me, you’ve got a Lear jet?”

“Uh huh”

“Just how rich are you?”

“Not counting off shore investments the Times Rich List puts it at about 100 million, that’s pounds, not dollars…with my investments…getting on for two hundred million” She scrambled to sit up.

“So what are you doing with me then? You could have your pick of women”

“But I’ve told you kitten…it’s you, it’s always been you…and it always will be you…there’s no comparison…when we were kids, and you used to wear your mum’s high heals, and put a lace curtain on your head to be a bride, and I was the groom, I aways thought, even then, that I’d marry you one day, I’d give up everything for you love if I had to…the boat, the jet, the money, the island, all the businesses, everything…if you wanted me to, and I would never cheat on you, if you say you’ll be mine”

Buffy was totally stunned!