Chapter 8

Three months later, looking fit, toned and tanned, Buffy said to Willow,

“We’re getting married on the beach, I’m going to wear a sarong, with real orchids in my hair, the gardens are all lush with fruit trees and tropical palms, flowers you wouldn’t believe, and the clear blue water is so warm, lapping onto pure white sand…and then we’ll dance by moonlight to a band and eat barbecued king fish, and giant crab and lobster…baby chicken and roast suckling pig!

Oh, and the wedding cake will be three tiers, chocolate! A caramel fudge cake at the bottom covered in chocolate, then next a chocolate cake covered in chocolate, and finally, a vanilla sponge covered in soft white chocolate frosting, soft enough for William to be able to feed me with his finger…”
Willow had a dreamy look in her eye.

“I’m so happy for you Buffy” Buffy beamed,

“Good, coz we want you, Xander, Anya, Oz and all the wedding guests to come over for the wedding – and before you say anything, everything is settled.
You’ll fly in the Lear jet, to the Elizabeth Anne, that’s what he’s called the boat, by the way, and it’s five star luxury all the way, for 10 days, you’ll stay at the Mariana Hotel, its right on the beach, air conditioned and everything, you’ll love it parrots sometimes fly in, and the little bush-babies are SO cute.

I’ve even thrown in a complete wardrobe of clothes for you, that’s the wedding outfit, and a dozen bikinis and sarongs for you!” Willow screamed with joy. Joyce came in smiling.

“I take it she’s told you then!”

“Oh wow, like, wow WOW!”

“Um…did you two say you were going into town?” Joyce asked

“Yes, why?” Buffy asked

“Oh…just check out who’s ‘Mr Gummi-Bear in the mall” Was all Joyce would say.


Buffy and Willow had to go to the food court to try and stop laughing, when they saw Angel dressed in a fur bear-suit, handing out sweeties to the kids in the mall.

Eventually, they calmed enough to go over.

“Buff, Buffy, is that you, wow, what happened to you?”

“My fiancé…William Giles, remember him?”

“What that British nerd from school?”

“Yeah well, the nerdishness paid off, couple of hundred million times…beats, how much are you on an hour?”

“Four dollars, fifty” Angel said flatly.

“How’s Cordelia?”

“Um…she dumped me…said I wasn’t good for her image”

“What image is that then, Sunnydale skank? – See you, or rather, not!” Buffy walked away, and said to Willow,

“Bloody hell, how close did I nearly come to marrying him!”





Two weeks later, everybody on board the aircraft, Buffy grinned at her friend Willow as she said excitedly,

“Buffy…this is really happening!”

The Lear taxied down the runway and took off for Baku in the Indian Ocean.

Besides Willow and her boyfriend Oz, Willow’s parents, Xander, Anya, Buffy’s mother, and sister, they’d allowed her sisters boyfriend to come too, but they were to be heavily chaperoned, her dad and his girlfriend, (Buffy wasn’t a bit surprised that her father could suddenly ‘change his schedule’ to accommodate the all-expenses paid trip to Paradise) they invited several aunties and uncles, with their spouses. William had invited a dozen or so guests, having Rafiq as his Best Man.


The day of the wedding arrived, and keeping in tradition, Buffy stayed at the hotel, and William stayed on the yacht. Buffy looked so beautiful, she was already tanned, and looked stunning in a sarong of purest white, tied over one shoulder.

Spike had opted for the traditional male sarong, in black, and he too looked wonderful.

She had some real orchids put in her hair, and carried a fragrant bunch of exotic mixed blooms. She went barefoot.

They had written their own vows, and a helicopter bought in a registrar from the Mainland to conduct the ceremony.

An archway decked with every kind of flower had been erected at the front of a little walkway, and Buffy was led to her waiting groom by her father. Holding hands, they said their vows………

“My Darling Buffy, my soul mate, I promise to love and honour you, cherish you in everyway, and to keep you from harm, always, and give you this ring as a symbol of my promise to you, I love you, and will love only you always” William slipped the gold band on her finger.

“To My Darling William, You are the love of my life, my soul mate and my salvation, and I promise to love you, cherish and care for you always, and I give you this ring as a symbol of my love, I love you now and always” Buffy slipped the ring onto his finger, and looked into his blue eyes.

All the women had a little sniffle; they thought that it was the most romantic thing they’d ever seen. Truth be known, Xander and Oz blinked away tears too.

“………And by the powers invested in me by the High Commissioner of Sri Lanka, I now pronounce you husband and wife…you may kiss your bride”

To whoops and whistles of joy, the guests showered them with flower petals, and William signalled for a flock of white doves to be released.

As they walked down the little walkway, they saw two birds alight on the flower covered arch, and Milly, their cook, (but today she was a guest, as was her husband and brother-in-law) said with great delight,

“Look, Love birds! Real love birds! This is an excellent omen, means you will have long and happy life together, she added with a huge grin, - And many babies!”

The birds looked like they were kissing, and the happy couple had many photographs taken, under the archway, the birds could clearly be seen. They were also on the video. They went into the hotel to sign the certificate, and while they were signing, Buffy whispered,

“Did you arrange for those love-birds?“

“No my darling, that was mother-nature herself, I just organised the doves!” He searched her face grinning.

“Gods…you’re my wife…MY WIFE! I can’t-“ he felt suddenly really emotional, and picked her up and swung her round, they were both laughing. He set her down gently, and they kissed so tenderly…

“Gods! William Giles, my HUSBAND, I love you SO much!” They kissed again.

“Ahem…plenty of time for that later…come on, the food is being served!” Dawn said, grinning. They both turned and grinned at her.

Suddenly everyone was congratulating them, corks were popping on the ice-cold Champagne, and masses of the most delicious food served on huge platters were placed out in a Marquee.

It was photographed and videoed, and a rich aunt of Buffy’s said she’d never seen better; not even on the QE2 liner!

“Baby…would you put this on for me?”

She handed him the huge solitaire diamond engagement ring, and he slipped it on her finger, to rest against her new wedding band. She’d had a manicure and tanned with pale peach nails, looked wonderful.

After eating their way through masses of smoked salmon, quails eggs, caviar, cold chicken and exotic salads and fruits, they all had some chocolate wedding cake, all washed down with the finest Champagne and cocktails.

Huge ice sculptures, with gently blowing fans kept the air cool for them, and afterwards they all went to their room to rest.

Buffy and William went to the boat to be alone.

“Happy, my darling?” William asked his wife. He was holding her around the waist, and she had her arms draped around his neck.

“Blissful, you?”

“Never been happier, ever”

“What, not even when you made your first million?”

“Not even close” Buffy beamed, and then she gasped as he began to kiss her neck, making her shiver with delight… She smelt of coconut sun lotion, and exotic blooms.

William kissed her bare shoulder, and undid the knot holding up the sarong… it felt to the floor, all she had on was a tiny scrap of lace thong. Their kisses became more urgent, and William gently pushed her back towards the bed. She bought him with her as she lay back; he’d braced his knee so not to crush her.
He suckled her nipples, and Buffy writhed and squeezed his shoulders, gasping with pleasure, murmuring her love for him. He went to carry on kissing down her body, but she had other ideas.

“There’s no need…I’m so close…I love you so much” Buffy arched her back raising her hips as he entered her slowly, they rocked gently building to an earth-shattering crescendo, crying out a mutual deep and powerful climax, that left them breathless and sated.

They lay in each other’s arms.

“We’re married!” Buffy said. William had his eyes closed, but he could tell she was grinning.

“I know…gods, I can’t believe it…I’m in Paradise…”

“We are!”

“Not the island…I mean, right here…lying in your arms, this is my Paradise”

William kissed the top of her breast. Buffy grinned and turned more to face him.

“Tell me something…if I hadn’t have been in when you called that morning the first time, would you have tried again?”

“Certainly…in fact, when I was driving up the road, I was thinking, ‘why didn’t you check the phone book first…but I definitely would have…you know…I wasn’t supposed to go to Cali until round about now…I was due to open the London office first…but my secretaries, a husband and wife team, well, they were having a baby, and I said it would be easier to go to London later on in the year”

“So, I could have been…ugh! That doesn’t bear thinking about!”

“What’s that petal?”

“I could have been married to, to THING!” She shuddered again. William chuckled.

“What’s funny?”
“You wouldn’t have gone through with it, I’m sure”

“No…you’re probably right…gods, we’re married! I mean, little old me, MARRIED – To the most fantastic man in the whole wide world!” William laughed, and leaned over her, looking down into her big green eyes.

“I can’t believe my luck…I’m married to my gorgeous green-eyed goddess…I love you, so much baby!” He began to kiss her. They made love again, and then rested.