Chapter 9

At seven o’clock, after a leisurely afternoon making love, they got ready to return to the island, and called Rafiq to come and collect them in the rowing boat. Buffy had changed into a sarong of soft peaches, apricots, and gold.
They could hear the music begin, and see the fires of the barbecues burning bright.

They walked up the beach hand in hand, grinning. Her mother was sitting on the terrace of the hotel, sipping a cocktail, and talking to a member of William’s family.

“Hey!” Willow came running up. She’d changed into a sarong of many shades of green that contrasted beautifully with her stunning red hair. She’d left the orchid in, and she looked wonderful.

“Enjoying yourselves?” Buffy asked

“Man, like wow!” Oz said. He had, like William ‘gone native’ and wore the traditional black sarong tied at the waist.

“Well, anytime you want to come, you only have to ask…I was going to say to you, have you ever been ski-ing?” William asked. Willow looked big-eyed, and shook her head.

“Love to go though!”

“Good, I’ve got this huge lodge in Lausanne, it overlooks Lake Geneva, easily sleeps a dozen with ease, fancy it the New Year, our treat, of course, I’ll ask Xander and Anya, few others, it’ll be a great laugh!”

“Gods, isn’t he WONDERFUL!” Willow laughed.

“Hmm, isn’t he!” Buffy leant forward and they kissed.

“Will you two pack it in – as if you haven’t been bonking all afternoon!” Buffy frown/smiled.

“Dawn, where did you hear such terminology?”

“School…anyway, I think mom’s got herself a boyfriend!” Dawn had also changed, into a sarong that was a mixture of various shades of bright blue. Her boyfriend favoured his old jeans cut offs rather than a sarong though.

“Who is that?” Buffy asked, smiling

“That, my love, is my uncle Wesley…my very rich, uncle Wesley!”

“Go mom!”

“Oh gods…look, look! Dad’s going to embarrass us now!” Dawn said, cringing at her father trying to ‘rock ’n’ roll’ with his girlfriend.

“Xander, Anya,” William called over to his friends and they came running over.

“Willow and Oz have said yes, New Year, come ski-ing with us, Switzerland, got this great lodge, ski-ing, tobogganing, husky rides, reindeer sleigh rides, hot tub, real Swiss chocolate, bearskin rugs real log fires to make love in front of…”

“Wow, we’d love to!” Anya said excitedly.

“Yeah man…we’ll start saving, sounds terrific!”
“Our treat, you won’t have to pay anything at all!” William laughed.

“Isn’t it fantastic!” Willow said.

“Um can I come?” Dawn asked, grinning.

“NO!” Buffy said

“Oh, but…”

“We’ll see, after all, she will be eighteen then…”

“Oh, yeah! Did I say, I LOVE my brother-in-law!” Dawn draped her arm around William. Buffy rolled her eyes grinning.

“See what your mum says” William added, and gave Dawn a little squeeze.

A delicious odour of barbecue wafted across the beach, and they sat eating King fish, and steak, chicken and lamb, suckling pig off banana leaf plates, while they watched Mother Nature at her resplendent best, and witnessed the most spectacular sunset imaginable, the sky pinks and purples, oranges and fiery reds, and the sun a huge orange ball, as it looked like it sank into the water on the horizon.

The landscape came alive and cicadas and birds added to the music being played. The evening cooled and the fans could be switched off.
Later everybody slow-danced on the beach, swaying to the music…having the most fantastic time imaginable. William and Buffy went for a walk along the shoreline, the warm blue water lapping around their ankles.

“I want to stay here forever” Buffy sighed. William smiled.

“Well, we could, pretty much for a while at least…I could work from the Elizabeth Anne on my laptop…but there’s so much else I want to show you of the world…I want to take you site seeing and designer shopping in Paris…(Buffy squealed in delight) I want to take you ski-ing in Switzerland…I want to show the Pyramids and the black night sky in Egypt, the stars look like diamonds on velvet…I want to take you on the bullet train in Japan…show you the Great Wall of China…I want to show you the view from the Sears Tower in Toronto…take you on top of a Red London Transport bus to show you the sites…we could listen to Pavarotti sing at La Scala, Milan…or the Sydney Opera House…or see a rock concert in New York…we shall go swimming with dolphins in Adelaide, I want to throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain with you in Rome…and see the wild life on the Serengeti…” Buffy was overcome, and hugged him tight. She let her arms go loose, and looked in his eyes.

“You want to show me all that?”

“All that my darling, and more…and then we’ll pick where we want to be most, and buy us a huge house, and have babies”

“Oh gods yes…I want your babies…”


Epilogue
Five years later.

“Da!” The tousle haired blonde moppet held his arms up to his daddy.

“Gods, isn’t he the best!” William put his briefcase down, and kissed his wife, scooping his 15 month-old son out of her arms.

“He is, and he’s been calling for his ‘da’ all morning! Buffy said, grinning. William ‘munched’ his son’s cheek, making him giggle.

“Want some lunch honey? Millie’s baked a ham, and there’s some nice bread and salad”

“Sounds wonderful, but come and sit with me for a minute.”
Buffy sat next to her husband.

“What would you say, to living in England for a few years…I’ve just acquired Dunsmoor Castle…it’s set in the heart of the Shropshire countryside” Buffy grinned

“I think, well, as you said, you’d like an English education for our children…it would be a great idea” Buffy said. She was nibbling on her son’s fingers, as he kept on holding his hand out to her, then giggling into his daddy’s neck.

They both grinned at their son’s antics.

“Right then…I believe you said something about lunch?” William said

“Yes, darling, I was going to wait until tonight, but well…I’ve got something to tell you”

“Oh”

“Da, dad-dee!”

“Ow, dat’s my dose!” William said, as Billy held his dad’s nose and giggled.

“Go on babe”

“Um…we’re having another baby” The joy on William’s face lit up her face, and she grinned.

“Oh baby, you’re so, this is…oh gods, come here!” He gave her a squeeze and a kiss.

“You’re such a clever girl!”

“Wasn’t just me, you know…you don’t think it’s too soon?”

“Are you happy about it?” William asked grinning

“Oh yes!”

“Then so am I, I’m not just happy, I’m deliriously happy” There was a knock at the door, and Rachel, their English nanny came in.

“Billy ready for his lunch now?”

“Want some num-nums?” Buffy asked, tickling Billy’s tummy, he giggled.

“Here you go then…” Rachel took Billy and William kissed Buffy properly.

“I love you, I’ll love you for always, my gorgeous wife!” Buffy closed her eyes and hugged him.

“You are my life, and I’ll always love you too…”

“Who else knows about the baby?”

“Well, at the moment, just you, me and the Predictor stick in the bathroom. And Billy of course!”

“Let’s phone dad, your mom and uncle Wes, get them over for dinner, and give them the good news”

“Tonight, um hold on…………Wesley said he’d love to, I think he wants to talk investments with William anyway” Joyce said

“Well, not too much business talk, we’ve got news”

“Ahem…can I have everybody’s attention, please!” William said. He dabbed his lips and dropped the napkin on top of his plate.

“I’m going to keep this short and sweet. Buffy and I are having another baby!”
Buffy’s mom shrieked and ran round the table to them, and hugged them both. Everybody was grinning and congratulating them.

She went onto have a baby girl, and William’s business went from strength to strength.

Joyce was a doting grandmother - when she was around that was! She’d also taken to the high life with Uncle Wesley…

The End