"Now go!"

He looked at her, trying to drink in her sight, believing this would be his last vision of her. He was finally going to be moving on now. It was time for rest. Time for peace. She would be his only regret. The only thing he regretted leaving behind.

Finally hearing her utter those words were more than he ever could hope, but he could not accept them, not then. He was meant to rest, and she had to live. One of them had to be living. To live, and move on.
He closed his eyes and braced himself. The flames were all but consuming him when...
"Hey....What the bloody hell?"

He was no longer burning. He was standing in the cave, bathe in blue light, but not on fire. There was no pain, no sorrow, only comfort and warmth.

"You silly, What are you doing there?"

The man spun around and there she was, standing before him, her ams out-streched. "Come to me, William," she called. "Come home to us. We need you. We all do."

He tried to move toward her and was hit by what felt to be a lighting bolt lacing through his brain. It was a blinding pain and much too reminiscent of his chip days. He clutch his forehead and staggered back. Leaning against the cavern wall for support he looked up again. But she was gone.

"Over here, lover."

She was here,vamped out. Her fangs dripping with blood as she stood over the body of his beloved. His one-time sire smiled sweetly at him and beckoned him to come. "You belong in the shadows, " she whispered, "with us. Always."

The man tried to move, but was frozen still, he could only crumble to his knees and sob out endless streams of tears. "No! Oh, God! No!" he screamed. He shouted and sobbed his love's name. He noticed another figure emerging from the shadows.

It was the boy. He walked calmly and stood next to the creature and took her hand as he looked at the man.
He was no longer sickly, the man noticed. His little blond hair was neatly tended, and his sweet little face held a slight smile while his wide blue eyes stared right into the man's soul.
The man had never seen the child awake and well, and couldn't help but notice that he was indeed a beautiful boy.

But the man watched as that beautiful face became that of a monster. Yellow eyes and fangs now greeted him as the child grinned before he swooped down , his small fangs penetrating the flesh of his beloved's neck.
The man tried to turn in horror, but found that his eyes were glued to the scene before him and he could not look away. The child looked up for where he was kneeling by the fallen slayer. Mouth still dripping with blood, he held a small red stained hand up toward the man and called out to him.
"Father", It growled
---------------------------------
"Fuck!!" Spike jumped awake and quickly took in his surrounding.

'A dream' He giggled manically to himself, but his humor was short lived.

"Stupid! Stupid! STUPID FUCK!", he shouted. Christ, he'd pulled off the road for just one second. Closed his eyes just one second., and had fallen asleep for... He quickly turned on the engine to check the time. Fuck 4 hours. He'd left them out in the open, in the middle of the day, vulnerable to Gods know what for 4 friggin hours Fuck fuckity fuck fuck!!

"Urrgg!" Spike groaned holding his head in his hands, trying to shake his mind clear. He took a moment to look over and check on the boy still lying quietly unconscious next to him. Spike remembered his dream and inspected the child warily. He didn't look evil, but evil comes in all shapes and sizes. His first instincts were correct he reasoned; trying to find Buffy was not a good idea. Not until he knew more. He couldn't drag her into this... disaster. One of them deserved some sort of... rest. No, he couldn't go to Buffy, his voice kept urging him. L..A.., that was the place for them.
But first things first. They needed water, for both drinking and bathing. Yes, from the smell of things bathing was defiantly becoming an issue. He knew from his intake of their meager supplies that they'd have enough cash for a hotel somewhere, at least for a couple of days. Then he could make it into a town and increase his supplies, by whatever means possible.

It was survival times kiddies, and Spike was nothing if not a survivor.
With that, Spike punched the car into gear and sped down the road.