"So what do you all think that they are doing to him right now?" The young blond teen asked.

Her 8 sister slayers sat around the library table with her, contemplated the question. At 15 to 16, being the youngest of the slayers left, they had spent most of their time in training and study, not allowed to venture forth on any of the exciting and dangerous missions that were being handed out so freely these days with the disappearance of the *original* slayer's son. The general rule, with so many slayers about, no slayer under 18 generally got any real assignments.

And that were just itching for more. More excitement, more danger, after all, six of them had been slayers since they were eleven, except for the newest two. They became activated at 15. after the death of the first and only two slayers to be killed, since the fall of the First, effectively answering the question of whether the slayer line would be continuous once and for all.

"This is so bogus!" The blond named Ariel complained, changing the subject, We should be out there! In the search! Doing real slayer work! Not stuck in here reading about..about the...and I quote 'combat and spawning practices of the common Patrak demon!' " The girl said as she wrinkled her nose.

"Yeah only Watchers could make demon fighting and sex dull." Hanna agreed.

"Mr Giles and the rest of the council are wise and know what is best" offered Hajel the Nepalese slayer.

"Ohh please," Ariel scoffed, "You are such a suck up."

"She's is not! It's just that some cultures teach to respect the experience and wisdom of their elders!" Xian countered.

"All right enough already," Victoria said, We should probably get back to some work."

"Now wait. Ariel zero 'd in on it. For like centuries there was only one slayer, who got the activation same age as us. Yo, some even younger. They got out on their own, fightin' all solo like. So how come we don't? I mean they keep us locked down in this school like were a bunch of scrubs who can't tackle nothin'! Yvette complained, "Most of those old slayers didn't get no before the job training. Hell Summers didn't have none. Yet they got to go out there and fight the fight!"

"Most slayers only lasted a few years. Many died before their 18 birthday." Victoria reminded.

"Yes most slayer were not successful in reaching a five year mark in their calling. Most of us here have all past this." Svenska offered.

"Yo that's what I'm tellin! so how come we ain't out there!" Yvette complained.

"And with so many of us now, I guess they just don't'..need us as much?" Cynthia offered.

"Perhaps they have learned that it would be of more value for the youngest of us to devote out time to reflection and study. To enhance out brains as well as our bodies. This has always been the way of my people." Xian said.

"Please! To quote Yvette. *the man is trying to keep us down*. I mean there have been plenty of young slayers who fought huge battles and kicked major demon ass!"

"Ho..How young was the youngest slayer? I mean I was just..just turned at 15, But besides me and Hajel, you were all turned at 11 weren't you?"

Affirmative nods greeted the timid blond slayer.

"Well how young can it go? I mean.. they don't' send babies to fight monsters do they?" Cynthia asked warily.

"Nah. If you haven't *stuffed the rag* you don't get turned." Yvette said.

"Huh?" Asked Cynthia.

"You have to have been blessed with the bounty of womanhood to become a slayer." Xian explained.

"Umm Huh?" Cynthia asked again.

"For Christ sake Cynthia! You have to have gotten your period. You know, be on the rag! Have surfed the crimson wave! Have..

"I think she understands now." Svenska offered. "So. Back to the original discussion. Buffy Summer's son. What do you propose they have done to him?" The Norwegian slayer casually asked in her usual diplomatic tone.

Most of the older slayers felt Svenska to be cold. Her blunt directness and emotionless tones putting many of the battle hardened older girls off. But her true *sisters* knew that Svenska meant no harm. Her tone was just a reflection of her..efficient nature. After all, these girls seated here, had a pact to support and defend each other, despite any cultural differences. After all they were the *forgotten ones* as they liked to describe themselves. The youngest slayers. Their ranks used to be bigger. But the other girls who were 18 or on the verge of, had their gotten assignments and left their *sisters* behind without a backwards glance. These last few who were left vowed to stick together, no matter what.

"Do you propose he has been sent to a hell dimension. Like the son of the Vampire with a Soul was?"

"Oooh, I heard about that!, " Cynthia said. "He came back all twisted and scarred. Barely human!"

"That is untrue. He came back human. Physically any way. He was just..a little..unbalanced.", Xian said.

"He was whacked in the head is what you mean," Yvette commented.

"I believe he was only in the hell dimension for a few of our months. And that he was returned he was already a man."

"That is the tale I have heard as well Svenska." Hajel said. "But he did come back human, albeit without all his mental faculties intact."

"Not like we could know. Yo they never let us near the good books. Or let us have the web access."

"Some of the facts are printed in the archived we are permitted to see. If some of you girls read more instead of complaining you would know that." Victoria pointed out. "And yes he came back human. As for his mental state. Well who wouldn't be a little off after growing up in a hell dimensions."

"Yeah, He's real *off from what I've heard. And his humanity didn't last too long. He got turned from what I heard. By a women who Angelus made crazy and then turned!" Arial said.

"Well and what would you lovely ladies be discussing this morning?"

All 8 girls jumped, but then relaxed as they saw the face of who interrupted them.
It was only Bass!

Sebastien Cullem Henton, Bass to his friends. His family had *served* the council for generations. *Served* being the most appropriate word. His family had been the equivalent of *lackeys*, and *errand boys* for the council for a couple of hundred years. Their lower class English background with it's slightly Irish roots made them good enough to be cannon fodder for the watchers council, but not good enough for a legitimate seat. Those were reserved for people like the Wyndem-Price's and the Westerson's and the Gile's until...

Until the First blew to hell most of the Westerson's of the world. Then men like his father all of the sudden became good enough for council seats!

And his git of a father had been *gracious* and *honored*, to get something that his family should have had a hundred years ago. Bass felt the council were the ones that should have been honored!

Still these turn of events put him in direct line for a watchers seat someday, although Bass preferred to be out there, in the thick of it, fighting, rather than watching.

Still, he wondered which one of these little beauties might be his slayer someday. Sure Bass liked to look, but really he knew that there was one girl and one girl for him. Dawn Summers.

But Dawn was being difficult about realizing how could they could be together. He knew she'd come around someday, but Bass so no reason why he shouldn't shop around in the process.

The girls looked around a little guiltily. Bass smiled his charming smile and addressed them. "Now what brings your pretty lasses in here on such a lovely day? Pondering the mysterious of the universe? Or simply the mysteries of the missing slayer's son?"

The girls looked at him warily, only Svenska was unashamed in saying " We believe him dead. What is your opinion?"

"Bass could only chuckle at the blond's bluntness. "That kids not dead!" he smiled, "Old Giles' has got every seer out there on it. If he was dead, they'd know it. His life force is still out there, just shrouded from their vision."

"Well", Ariel began hesitantly, "What do you think happened. think he's been taken to a hell dimension? Turned?"

"Think he'll come back as a 18 year old and we'll get to wrack him?" Yevette offered.

"Do you think if they kill him, their leave him in parts?' Cynthia asked, "I heard once about a kid who they only found pieces of and..."

"YOU SKANKY LITTLE WHORES!!!"

All 9 people with the inclusion of Bass jumped up. Jump up to see a right pissed off Dawn Summers coming barreling down at them.

"YOU BITCHES!!" Dawn screamed in their faces as she approached the table. She kept her fist tightly clenched at her side. Not because she didn't want to hit them, but because she didn't know who to hit first!!

"THAT IS MY NEPHEW!!! THAT IS MY NEPHEW!!!" she screamed over and over as a crowd began to form at the base of the library.

"AND YOU!!" Dawn hauled off and kick Bass in the nuts, he was too stunned to react and dropped to the floor, sobbing in pain, "YOU KNOW HIM!!! YOU"VE PLAYED GAMES WIH HIM!! HOW COULD YOU!! HOW COULD YOU!!!!"

Before Dawn could kick Bass while he was down, Giles had come storming in and grabbed her saying "Dawn, DAWN!!, random violence is never a solution!"

Dawn half struggled against Giles and then gave in. She turned to face him and sobbed for a minute in his arms. "It may not have been a solution Giles, but it would have made me feel better."

"Quite right." He said softly, "And perhaps justifiably so!" He said sternly while trailing his eyes to the girls, than to the mewling mass of man on the floor. "But I will handle the girls and I would prefer to keep the library floors clear of blood for the time being. Please go with Gienette" he gestured to a tall slayer coming to put her arms around Dawn, " She's got some leads to work on. It will take your mind off these children."

All the girls wince at the word children.

Once Dawn was out of site and the crowd had disappeared, Giles focused his attention onto the girls.

Bass was still groaning on the floor.

"I don't know what to say to you ladies," Giles began, he took off his glasses and began to rub them vigorously, "Several points come to mind, all ranging from lecturing to throttling the life out of all of you! You girls have pestered and pestered about more responsibility and questioned the reasons why the council had decided that girls under 18 were unfit for active duty. Well this was one of the reasons right here! Its not that your skill or your strength are lacking compared to the older slayers, it's your judgement, your sense of compassion. Perhaps these attributes were less important in the past, but my council will hold them in the highest regards and anyone who cannot understand this will find themselves shown out the door!"

Giles replaced his glasses an stared furiously at the sullen girls. "These are real people. Real children of whom you speak. They have families who love and care for them and whose lives were shattered when they were taken! If you can't understand that and find even a small sense of compassion, than maybe none of you are cut out to be slayers."

The girls shivered. Everyone had heard the stories about the ones that didn't make it. Girls and women that the council had decided were too "volatile" to be slayers. That had their powers stripped from them and their memories of the council erased and were sent back to their old lives.

"I believe you girls have something to think about today. And I believe Miss Harnet will have quite a few extra lessons on the value of good judgement and compassion coming your way soon!"

Giles turned and walked away. Before he left the room, they heard him speak again, "Oh and Bass. Put some Ice on them!"

Giles hurried back to his offices as fast as his British reserve would allow. Once there he collapsed in his chair in exhaustion, both physically and mental. His desk was cluttered with leads ranging from possible to the bizarrely far fetch, but none had provided any real incite into where William was or what was happening to him.

Giles pick up a prized possession off his desk, a framed photo of his beloved grand nephew/grandson.. He allowed a few tears to leak though his normally stoic British exterior as he traced the photo with his finger and wondered where this small boy was right now.