Spike collapse into the bed in the dingy run down hotel room, almost too tired to move. They day had provided a small bit of luck with finding the place to begin with. In the forgotten-about hotel at the edge of the road, Spike obtained more information that needed from the obviously board proprietor. He was able to establish that he was, indeed, south of the boarder and managed to gain some maps and some information about the closest settlements. After quietly dumping the kid in the room, Spike manage to conduct several successful raids and triple their supplies. Now all he wanted to do was roll over and sleep.

But he couldn't, he had manage to feed and clean up himself, now was time for the boy. He dragged himself up and picked up the child off the chair he lay on and dumped him fully clothed into the dingy shower. he grabbed a can of broth and pinched the child's nose and began to pour the nourishment unceremoniously down the kids throat, praying he would swallow. Spike's only other alternative to this was to tube the kid or IV him. This kid had to eat!

Satisfied when he automatically began to swallowed, Spike fed him a little, than laid him back in the shower and blasted the water. He spend several minutes just using soap and water to wash the bits of blood and grim off him before he began to try and remove his clothes. Holding him in front with his chest the boy's back, he manage to removed the tattered garments. He spun the boy around to face him and then froze.


"Christ!! Oh Christ!" Spike sobbed.

Burned onto the child's chest was a circular, hauntingly familiar brand. Spike laid the child back down and ran to get the accursed amulet. He returned and held it up the mark on the child and was unsurprised to find a match.

They used him. Somehow they used this child to bring him back. He thought of his nibblet, how she was supposed to be some sort of dimensional key and surmised this child to be the same. Suddenly the weight of responsibility, the debt owed to this boy, increased ten fold. This wasn't some random kidnapping. This kid was taken because of him. This was his fault. He caused this, so it was his job to fix it.

He took more care and consideration as he cleaned and dressed the boy. The clothes didn't quite fit. Too big. He'd have to remedy that next time out. He lied the child out on the bed and collapsed beside him. He allowed himself a moment of rest. They'd have to move out soon. They couldn't stay in one place to long, not until they reached the poof.. But Spike new that his purpose was now clear. No matter what it cost him to himself. He had to get this child home.